Many Paths to Gothdom Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:04 pm
i-- M a r i e --i
I am no Goth or dark someone.And i never will be.I do like fantasy clothing, but i don't like skulls or daggers or anything that has to do with dead.I love life, and i think all of you do, even if you don't know it.

Goth =/= hating life

And I'm sure there are people in this world who hate their lives. Just not nearly as many as you'd think with all the emos and whatnot, and few of them would live in America.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:20 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
zz1000zz
Krystal_digitaliS
I'm really not sure if i AM goth. i do enjoy hard rock, death metal, heavy metal, but then i listen to country and western too. i even listen to POP, shock horror. i'm not the depressed and lonely type, actually i'm usually hyperactive and happy, but i do wear a lot of black, usualy with a bit of colour though, and i am mrried to my sneakes and a pair of five inch heels i own. I watch horror movies but i love a good comedy too. I like to sit in the sun? but does that make me a prep? or a goth? or a raver? or a normal everyday human being who just walks around wondering what her label is?

So you listen to absolutely no goth... Obviously you're not. :]

An attitude like that, if anything, is completely contrary to the essential nature of a "goth." I have never seen any serious definition of goth without "open-minded" being in it. And you are the exact opposite of that...

Honestly, some of you people are making me feel ashamed to be in this guild. Your pretty much bragging about being depressed and whatnot. And that most certainly doesn't equal goth.

This person openly admitted to not knowing what she was, and all you did was insult her. Maybe some of us are "making [you] feel ashamed to be in this guild."

Quite frankly, i am ashamed you are in this guild.

I apologize if I offended you, and I probably should not have been so frank. :S

Still, I have heard a definition of "goth" without the word "open-minded" in it. In fact, the correct definition! A fan of goth-rock...

I have nothing against you, or anybody, whether they listen to it or not, and I really don't care what you call yourself. I was, honestly, trying to help in the beginning. But I really am fed up with all these people going on about how depressed they are, and how that makes them goth.

Yes; there is a life-style, a subculture, a fashion... a frame of mind, even... built around goth. But that's all just extra. Goth = Music, and fans of that music.

While that (being an major fan of goth rock) is a pretty universal definition of what the subculture revolves around, there are some - in the legitimate goth scene - who may have different views on what it might really be about.
If someone is unsure or stereotypical, it's not exactly cause to flog them with shame. It can be annoying at times, but they're just curious or misguided... you'd probably be surprised at how many mallcores can mature into legitimate goths.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:37 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
zz1000zz
Krystal_digitaliS
I'm really not sure if i AM goth. i do enjoy hard rock, death metal, heavy metal, but then i listen to country and western too. i even listen to POP, shock horror. i'm not the depressed and lonely type, actually i'm usually hyperactive and happy, but i do wear a lot of black, usualy with a bit of colour though, and i am mrried to my sneakes and a pair of five inch heels i own. I watch horror movies but i love a good comedy too. I like to sit in the sun? but does that make me a prep? or a goth? or a raver? or a normal everyday human being who just walks around wondering what her label is?

So you listen to absolutely no goth... Obviously you're not. :]

An attitude like that, if anything, is completely contrary to the essential nature of a "goth." I have never seen any serious definition of goth without "open-minded" being in it. And you are the exact opposite of that...

Honestly, some of you people are making me feel ashamed to be in this guild. Your pretty much bragging about being depressed and whatnot. And that most certainly doesn't equal goth.

This person openly admitted to not knowing what she was, and all you did was insult her. Maybe some of us are "making [you] feel ashamed to be in this guild."

Quite frankly, i am ashamed you are in this guild.

I apologize if I offended you, and I probably should not have been so frank. :S

Still, I have heard a definition of "goth" without the word "open-minded" in it. In fact, the correct definition! A fan of goth-rock...

I have nothing against you, or anybody, whether they listen to it or not, and I really don't care what you call yourself. I was, honestly, trying to help in the beginning. But I really am fed up with all these people going on about how depressed they are, and how that makes them goth.

Yes; there is a life-style, a subculture, a fashion... a frame of mind, even... built around goth. But that's all just extra. Goth = Music, and fans of that music.

While that (being an major fan of goth rock) is a pretty universal definition of what the subculture revolves around, there are some - in the legitimate goth scene - who may have different views on what it might really be about.
If someone is unsure or stereotypical, it's not exactly cause to flog them with shame. It can be annoying at times, but they're just curious or misguided... you'd probably be surprised at how many mallcores can mature into legitimate goths.

In that case, I think I'd be helping them by telling them the real meaning. Like I said, I'm sorry if I was offensive. I just get annoyed when people talk about goth, and go on about how depressed they are, and how they want to kill themselves.

I have nothing against people who don't like goth rock, it just annoys me when they talk like that. Honestly, there are already a hundred misconceptions, and that kind of talk doesn't help at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:52 pm
lets see..... the first actual rock I listened to was the old Korn around my 2-3 grade year and I like that music and I really wasn't a dark-minded person until around the end of my 5th grade, when I basically had my beating heart torn from my chest from a girl I loved. Then I had the "hole" in my soul and I kinda turned a bit dark, and I'd say my first "goth" friend was another person I loved, just not as much. Her name was Mattie. She had the basic things: dyed black hair, black attire, fish net, Boots, that sort of thing. Thats when I actually started the "poetry track" and darker music. I wouldn't say my mind has the same darkness, its diluted but they all kinda warped my mind. I still like the clothing though ^_^. and i can't stand pretty girls with fishnet and knee high boots. (don't judge me)  

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:03 am
Shinigami Fenrir
lets see..... the first actual rock I listened to was the old Korn around my 2-3 grade year and I like that music and I really wasn't a dark-minded person until around the end of my 5th grade, when I basically had my beating heart torn from my chest from a girl I loved. Then I had the "hole" in my soul and I kinda turned a bit dark, and I'd say my first "goth" friend was another person I loved, just not as much. Her name was Mattie. She had the basic things: dyed black hair, black attire, fish net, Boots, that sort of thing. Thats when I actually started the "poetry track" and darker music. I wouldn't say my mind has the same darkness, its diluted but they all kinda warped my mind. I still like the clothing though ^_^. and i can't stand pretty girls with fishnet and knee high boots. (don't judge me)

See! This is the type of thing that sometimes annoys me.

Goths don't all have "holes in their souls"! And you generally don't just "become dark" because you broke up with your 5th grade girlfriend. I'm sure that was a serious relationship...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:03 pm
Shinigami Fenrir

Goths don't all have "holes in their souls"! And you generally don't just "become dark" because you broke up with your 5th grade girlfriend. I'm sure that was a serious relationship...

1:things usually impact the rest of your life when your young, do they not?
2: it wasn't break up.
3: why must you be an a**?  

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:25 pm
Shinigami Fenrir
Shinigami Fenrir

1:things usually impact the rest of your life when your young, do they not?
2: it wasn't break up.
3: why must you be an a**?

Not really. :S In my opinion, there's no real such thing as a 5th grade girlfriend or boyfriend.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:42 pm
well there i can agree with you and i apologize for calling you an a** where you were simple giving your opinion, but we all were ignorant when we were children and just wish we could change some things just never happened.(I should know)  

Wanderer Ganglari

Gracious Seeker

7,350 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 pm
I suppose I should apologize, as well. I'm sorry. smile  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items