Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Freebie Land! Artists of All Skill Levels!

Back to Guilds

We allow all artists to improve their skills by drawing users in a friendly atmosphere 

Tags: Arts, Freebies, Art Freebies, Contests, Artists 

Reply Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)
[IDEAS? SUGGESTIONS? POST HERE!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orielle
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:29 pm
I think we should combine the Artist Listings and Writer's Listings. This guild is being abandoned by talented writers who want to practice because the subforums are ignored by most users. Seeing as this guild is supposed to be open to all artists, I don't think visual art should be prioritized in the main forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:36 am
Orielle
I think we should combine the Artist Listings and Writer's Listings. This guild is being abandoned by talented writers who want to practice because the subforums are ignored by most users. Seeing as this guild is supposed to be open to all artists, I don't think visual art should be prioritized in the main forum.

I agree 3nodding but since it is, mainly, a visual art guild, we should encourage collaboration ^^ Perhaps start a thread where artists and writers can seek each other out by posting samples of their work. Then they can PM each other and get started. It's a little complex, but users can take it or leave it. I don't think it would hurt anything, and if it flops, just delete the thread and say that you tried.  

5T4R5

tervasulka

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:13 pm
I think we should put up an advertisement thread in the main forums for this guild so we'll get more (active) members who make freebies and new people for us to draw.

I'll help or make this thread... what do you think? Is it worth it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm
Advertisement in the main forum of this guild? Do you mean the Gaia guild advertisement forum?  

Orielle
Crew

Orielle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:37 pm
Writers and visual artists now share the main forum. So feel free to transform your art thread into a combined writing and visual freebie thread. Or for people who haven't started a thread yet, you can do one only about writing. However, there's still just one thread per person. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:07 am
Orielle
Advertisement in the main forum of this guild? Do you mean the Gaia guild advertisement forum?

The latter..!

tervasulka

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150

Orielle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:08 pm
Okay, sorry.. My brain stopped functioning for a while there. xd
That's a really good idea though! We used to have one back when Shinobu Ten was still here, that's how I found the guild.. But I think that's long gone now.
Do you still want to be in charge of it?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Don't worry about it. biggrin What kind of thread was it?

We could (do you want to help? If I'll be in charge of it?) give freebies out there to demonstrate the spirit of our guild.... but then people would only notice the freebie part, not the advertisement...? Or... do they get it that way?? : O

tervasulka

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150

Orielle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:35 pm
It was just a plain advertisement thread, briefly explaining what the guild was about, that it was very new and needed more members. But I was thinking maybe this time we could make it a bit more fancy, at least with graphics and stuff, so that people can see that we're nice and artsy..
I think it's a great idea to give out freebies! Maybe we could have small art raffles or something to bring in people..? I'll scout the guild ad forum when I get back from work to see how other guild structure their threads.
I'd love to help out in it! I can make graphics and give out freebies and bump and such, or anything else if you need help. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:24 am

Sounds great. biggrin I'll go and do the same.
Maybe we should ask few artists from the guild to join us - to join the freebie giving part. u know? ^^;
Or maybe we should take turns on it!

Let's do it together~! I'd also love to make graphics. ;D
What would be the theme of the graphics? active members or unrecogniseable gaians or just plain nonfigurative graphics... ^^

tervasulka

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150

tervasulka

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:46 am
User Image

♪♫♪

Would it be rude to send guild invitations to the people at art freebies?
It'd be a good idea if it's not considered rude. :3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:38 pm
I'm not really sure.. It can be annoying to get random guild invites, but then again I'm sure a lot of the people in the freebie forum would love a guild like this with more regular art whores. 3nodding

Do you have msn messenger? I'm free most of tomorrow if you want to get started on the advertisement thread and need some help. smile  

Orielle
Crew

Freebie Land: Artist Listings! (Welcome!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games