Reply Naruto Guild
Shikatard? or Narutard? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:58 am
^_^ I actually enjoy argueing! ^^ It's a battle of the minds, and it's entertaining for me ^^ I don't find it silly or stupid... as long as the reason isn't silly or stupid xd And I enjoy your arguements because not only do you use logic in them, but you seriously like... kill the other person verbally rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:25 pm
churrlo
^_^ I actually enjoy argueing! ^^ It's a battle of the minds, and it's entertaining for me ^^ I don't find it silly or stupid... as long as the reason isn't silly or stupid xd And I enjoy your arguements because not only do you use logic in them, but you seriously like... kill the other person verbally rofl
I find it such, too, but I always argue with people when I think they're stupid. Then there is no exersising of the mind... it's just emotional blasphemy.
Heh... thanks, though. I guess I've learned a lot about arguing here on Gaia. Doesn't work as well in real life; people tell me just to shut up, because they can't stand it. I will speak monologues such as those in real life, and I'm sure you can imagine how annoying that must be.

*random thought*

Shikamaru is always like, "I'm going to kill you, and I'm going to kill you like this! And I tricked you... yes, here, here, and here. And I also tricked you just now! Haha! And now you will die in this manner! Except, before I kill you, I must torture you with annoying ramblings about Shogi! Shogi is awesome! Blah blah blah..." And the enemy falls to the floor experiencing convulsions.  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:09 pm
Yeah argueing in real life isn't as fun >< It all ends when you strangle the other person gonk No fun in that! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:10 pm
churrlo
Yeah argueing in real life isn't as fun >< It all ends when you strangle the other person gonk No fun in that! xd
No, they usually say something bitchy and run away, or scream at me so loudly that I freeze. On the internet I'm rather different. In real life, I'll just space out like Shikamaru does in arguements. I think Kakashi would do that, too. My parents really hate it because they think I'm not listening.  

Syndactyly

User_1426750

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:07 pm
I only enjoy arguing with people that don't take it seriously. I'm willing to take either side of an argument despite my own opinions, but some people take it too personally. It's nothing to get worked up about. But the cutting down of others verbally is something I see all the time online. Especially on Gaia. Not sure if it's just common with Naruto fans. People feel more secure insulting someone behind the safety of a keyboad with little to no consequences. It makes them feel superior. I've had plenty of people insult me when they take an intentionally stupid comment of mine seriously. neutral Thankfully I'm secure in my own intelligence not to be offended. But being an a*****e doesn't make somebody smart. It makes them an a*****e.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:03 pm
Warning- High Voltage
I only enjoy arguing with people that don't take it seriously. I'm willing to take either side of an argument despite my own opinions, but some people take it too personally. It's nothing to get worked up about. But the cutting down of others verbally is something I see all the time online. Especially on Gaia. Not sure if it's just common with Naruto fans. People feel more secure insulting someone behind the safety of a keyboad with little to no consequences. It makes them feel superior. I've had plenty of people insult me when they take an intentionally stupid comment of mine seriously. neutral Thankfully I'm secure in my own intelligence not to be offended. But being an a*****e doesn't make somebody smart. It makes them an a*****e.
I'm sure you think I'm one of those people, constantly tearing others down. That just plain isn't true. It only occurs here a lot because I'm really emotional... about... Shikamaru. I'm working on it, okay?

I act a certain way in real life. Calm, collected... but I never change my words. In real life, people are more threatened by a physical presence, therefore, verbal abuse is less. However, I hardly argue in person. People yell at me, and I space out. I only argue on the internet, vastly. Because people on the internet are just plain more difficult. And are usually more openly stupid, or psuedo-intellectual. On occassion I will babble at my mom. She treats me like such a kid sometimes... but I love her.

I personally only find superiority when someone who is arguing with me just plain can't stop. My arguements are usually blunt and honest, and I try my best not to flame. Now like I said before I sometimes get emotional and lose it. But before I reach that boiling point, any negativity they see from me is in their eye; I am rather neutral and logical. Emotion comes in if they poke one of my soft spots; Shikamaru or my own personal integrity.

I see your angry emoticon, I get your hints. No, I'm not an a*****e and no, arguing doesn't make me feel superior. It makes me feel like an a** because I sunk down to their level. And I do it again and again and again and it makes me feel stupider and stupider because I have a vast IQ yet I refuse to use it to prevent arguements. Maybe logic does not affect emotion, because the two affect reason. They must not go hand in hand like I thought.

I am secure in my intelligence. In fact, I am well aware due to statistic I am far more intelligent than lots of people. Most people. I was very fortunate genetically. But if I dare say so, everyone goes on the defensive, questions me, attacks me. It hurts me, because I love my mind. I love to use my brain, cherish it and nuture it. But they try to rip apart my self-esteem. Because I'm not a model, a dancer, nor am I charasmatic; though my friends think I'm really funny... I just... I just don't say, "I'm smart" anymore.  

Syndactyly

User_1426750

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:13 pm
Shikalee
Warning- High Voltage
I'm sure you think I'm one of those people, constantly tearing others down. That just plain isn't true. It only occurs here a lot because I'm really emotional... about... Shikamaru. I'm working on it, okay?

I act a certain way in real life. Calm, collected... but I never change my words. In real life, people are more threatened by a physical presence, therefore, verbal abuse is less. However, I hardly argue in person. People yell at me, and I space out. I only argue on the internet, vastly. Because people on the internet are just plain more difficult. And are usually more openly stupid, or psuedo-intellectual. On occassion I will babble at my mom. She treats me like such a kid sometimes... but I love her.

I personally only find superiority when someone who is arguing with me just plain can't stop. My arguements are usually blunt and honest, and I try my best not to flame. Now like I said before I sometimes get emotional and lose it. But before I reach that boiling point, any negativity they see from me is in their eye; I am rather neutral and logical. Emotion comes in if they poke one of my soft spots; Shikamaru or my own personal integrity.

I see your angry emoticon, I get your hints. No, I'm not an a*****e and no, arguing doesn't make me feel superior. It makes me feel like an a** because I sunk down to their level. And I do it again and again and again and it makes me feel stupider and stupider because I have a vast IQ yet I refuse to use it to prevent arguements. Maybe logic does not affect emotion, because the two affect reason. They must not go hand in hand like I thought.

I am secure in my intelligence. In fact, I am well aware due to statistic I am far more intelligent than lots of people. Most people. I was very fortunate genetically. But if I dare say so, everyone goes on the defensive, questions me, attacks me. It hurts me, because I love my mind. I love to use my brain, cherish it and nuture it. But they try to rip apart my self-esteem. Because I'm not a model, a dancer, nor am I charasmatic; though my friends think I'm really funny... I just... I just don't say, "I'm smart" anymore.

Whoa there, tiger. You're reading into my comment entirely the wrong way because it isn't directed at you at all. I don't even know you and I never intended for you to think I was calling you an a*****e.

neutral Isn't an angry emoticon, and whatever hints that you are "getting" are completely misinterpreted  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:11 pm
Warning- High Voltage
Shikalee
Warning- High Voltage

Whoa there, tiger. You're reading into my comment entirely the wrong way because it isn't directed at you at all. I don't even know you and I never intended for you to think I was calling you an a*****e.

neutral Isn't an angry emoticon, and whatever hints that you are "getting" are completely misinterpreted
Sorry. It really felt that way.

It's annoyed. And if you don't know that... well, know that. You need to know that because that's how everyone else sees it.  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:24 am
I am different on the internet as well ><. And it's true, I do feel more comfortable argueing online... I guess it must be because that person isn't in front of me actually screaming or something >.< And for some reason all my arguements end violently gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:42 am
churrlo
I am different on the internet as well ><. And it's true, I do feel more comfortable argueing online... I guess it must be because that person isn't in front of me actually screaming or something >.< And for some reason all my arguements end violently gonk
I would have to say I'm far different in person than here... that is probably why everyone says, "You're like this!" And when I'm at home, with people who know me in person, they say the opposite.

All arguements in my real life experience end with me crossing my arms, "HMPH" or, "Whatever..." xd  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:08 pm
Same! xd I just get so annoyed with the person, it ends like that. >< No matter how much evidence you present, people are always convinced that they're right... xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:32 am
Yeah, though in rare cases, sometimes they will present GOOD evidence and I will actually learn something new.  

Syndactyly

churrlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:19 pm
Where I live that's very rare -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:51 pm
I don't mind debates over the internet. It's fun when people can be civil, and actually present good ideas and evidence.

I'm not such a huge fan of people who read into the things I say way too much, or nitpick at something that isn't important to the overall theme.

Actually, what bugs me the most is when people say nothing but "You're an idiot; I'm clearly smarter than you" and leave it at that. One of the key points of holding a good debate is not to get personal, attack the other side, and especially claiming to be smarter than the other party. Unfortunately, I've seen that happen too many times. It's just so tasteless, so... I don't know, stupid? I admit, I'm pretty blunt when it comes to alot of things, and I actually like it when people are blunt with me. But every time I get one of those comments, I roll my eyes and smile. To me it makes the person seem like more of an a*****e and less of an intellectual.

That said, my real life arguements are generally riddled with jokes and end with "Why? You're a ******** and a father raper". But I'm always talking to my siblings or friends, so we never really debate seriously anyway.  

Captain Verd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 pm
Captain Verd
I don't mind debates over the internet. It's fun when people can be civil, and actually present good ideas and evidence.

I'm not such a huge fan of people who read into the things I say way too much, or nitpick at something that isn't important to the overall theme.

Actually, what bugs me the most is when people say nothing but "You're an idiot; I'm clearly smarter than you" and leave it at that. One of the key points of holding a good debate is not to get personal, attack the other side, and especially claiming to be smarter than the other party. Unfortunately, I've seen that happen too many times. It's just so tasteless, so... I don't know, stupid? I admit, I'm pretty blunt when it comes to alot of things, and I actually like it when people are blunt with me. But every time I get one of those comments, I roll my eyes and smile. To me it makes the person seem like more of an a*****e and less of an intellectual.

That said, my real life arguements are generally riddled with jokes and end with "Why? You're a ******** and a father raper". But I'm always talking to my siblings or friends, so we never really debate seriously anyway.
I've realized most are pointless, mostly due to the fact anyone can lie at any time and no one can prove anything (in all arguements, not just Naruto related).

Maybe you should watch what you say. Leave no room to be judged.

I know you keep picking at me, but I never called you an idiot. I said that you were no genius. Big whoop. Geniuses are only of the 98th percentile; that's not a big number. Bluntless is generally a weapon of arrogance, and commonly leads to people assuming that you feel superiority over them. It's a weakness.

I debate with anyone willing to hold opposing views in an attempt to learn. Who they are is irrelevant.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff