Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.
the 1 thing i hate about SB Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like SH?
  heck ya!
  like totaly girl friend! o.--
  no is not an answer, i love it sooooo musch i want to mary it
View Results

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 am
What the fark is "SH"? Is that a typo for "SB"/Shojo Beat or am I missing something here? And I'm not asking to be snarky as I'm honestly curious...

Anyway, I was personally indifferent when they took God Child out. I effing love Earl Cain and God Child, don't get me wrong, but it irked me that they chose the latter half of the series to put in the magazine instead of the first series (that explains how Cain met Merryweather, Oscar, etc.) for whatever reason (although I'd reckon it's because the artwork is better).

Actually, even when I found out NANA (my favorite manga evar... at the moment!) was being replaced--which shocked me, to be honest, since I always thought of it as their Golden Child--I felt a bit glad knowing it would be with another wildly acclaimed josei manga series, Honey and Clover. To be fair, I follow the Cookie releases of NANA... but hey, faster NANA releases in the States can't be too bad a thing, right?

But I don't completely agree with the way they're replacing series, and I definitely see why it can suck. It's a double-edged sword, really. It introduces us to new manga series while allowing the stuff we love that got booted to be released at a faster rate, but it also sucks to have something we were following religiously (maybe even the sole reason we were even reading the magazine) be removed halfway through.

I'd much rather they added a new series to thicken the magazine rather than remove something (even if they're replacing it with something else), but maybe one day. For now, it doesn't necessarily bug me when they take out manga that did not interest me--like Baby & Me for example--to replace it with something that I might actually do more than skim over quickly when I'm bored.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:41 pm
I wish there was more of SB to love. It's quite thin for a manga magazine. It's thinner than Shonen Jump, but more expensive!!  

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:28 pm
akira03
if they ever take absolute boyfriend or vampire knights then i would really be upset

Same here sad  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:37 pm
I dislike Absolute Boyfriend, Baby and Me, and the horoscope.
But I doubt they'll take that out.

I think the pink and blue pages are friendlier then the black and white.
3nodding

Pheori

pirodarkness

Distinct Codger

1,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:11 pm
animex ur so right i hate when they take out absolute bf... it pisses me off!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:04 pm
I mind if Crimson Hero will be taken out. Baby & me is already out. I'm glad Nana is out. I hope Vampire Knight will stay on SB forever.

User Image  

Viet Dollie

ellehciMMichelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:52 pm
I got the March '08 issue, and they finally finished the last chapter of Absolute Boyfriend...the new series next issue will be Gaba Kawa by Rie Takada.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:12 pm
I'll be forever happy with SB as long as VK stays till the end.  

Sozomi

Porcelain Rabbit Doll

The Committee Staff Genius

1,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:32 am
I wish they didn't take Godchild out . But really it made me more happy because I didn't know what was comming ! When I read VK I choose not to get the manga because I already know what's going to happen so I don't want to waste my money on it . When the manga is completed or another manga takes its place I will then starting buying the reast of the volumes ( I have 1-3 ).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:35 pm
I don't have a problem with them removing or replacing series. The reason they do that is to engage you to actually buy the manga.

And even though I absolutely enjoy Vampire Knight, I hate how they put the stuff thats suppose to appear in volumn 5. -_- I was originally following the series in manga format and I got a bunch of spoilers. crying

Yeah. I agree with the pages being kept in black and white. This blue and pink mess is just troublesome. I mean, I know shojo is girly but please. We're not all pink loving, frilly obsessed girls. We just like reading manga about it. 3nodding

Miharus_Fullmoon

Vampirepenguinlover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm
I wonder WHY they do that? I mean it irritated me that Shojo Beat took out Godchild! I heart that manga!... Anyway are they going to take out Vampire Knights too? Do they always take out the manga when it reaches to the climax or maybe it's the ending?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:15 pm
Vampirepenguinlover
I wonder WHY they do that? I mean it irritated me that Shojo Beat took out Godchild! I heart that manga!... Anyway are they going to take out Vampire Knights too? Do they always take out the manga when it reaches to the climax or maybe it's the ending?

Well, not always...Crimson Hero is still running (it was in the original magazine) and some have had complete runs in the magazine:
Gaba Kawa
Absolute Boyfriend
Yume-Kira: Dream Shoppe
Backstage Prince

kel aka gandy
Captain

WiccanRose17

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:54 pm
i would hate it if they took out AB or VK crying i mean those are two of their best ones.... i also hate the fricken blue and then pink pages xd but, nothing we can do about it rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:09 pm
they might do that if they think interest is being lost, or just to get you to buy some more.  

Pandaccino

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 pm
Princess Mahii
they might do that if they think interest is being lost, or just to get you to buy some more.

I think both are definitely true. I think in the case of NANA, it was to get you to buy the volumes (which hasn't worked in my case, since I have the first 4 in Japanese and don't like to get different version of series, since they look different on the shelf), but in the case of Kaze Hikaru, it was because (as far as I can tell) interest was very low for it. I think that's part of the reason they have the survey at the end of every issue that you can mail in or do online; to tell what series people enjoy having in the magazine.

.: On No, They Didn't!! :: Things You Don't Like About Shojo Beat :.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games