Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:30 pm
The modifications made it look more like an MP-40.

Its the closest thing in my inventory I could find man. I can see where you get the 44, but you have to admit it looks more like a 40, and the clues you gave definately pointed to teh 40 as well.

Especially "First Assult Rifle. Ever."

That, I'm afraid, is the 40's official claim to fame.

Since I read teh answer, I even printed out your picture as well. 4 out of 5 gunsmiths agreed it looked like "some guys cocked up version of a MP-40".

The last one said, "What in the world? This ain't even a rifle! Its a conceptual drawing!" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:43 pm
O.o

the MP-40 is a submachinegun. note period.

look at the pic i drew. it has the stamped-metal bulges identical up to the handgrip. the sides are flat, not round, like the MP-40. the back is flat, not round, like the MP-40. it has a barrel and gas chamber, unlike the MP-40. it has a wide magazine, unlike the MP-40. it has a stock, unlike the MP-40.

except for the grip, scope, and sensor attachment (added to the gas chamber), it's exactly like the MP-44. i don't believe the gunsmith comment.  

Nospai Deathous

HereticX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:47 pm
What was that gun, I think they had it in Clone Wars, which was basically a blaster minigun?
It's like someone thought, "Hmm...Miniguns=Cool, Blasters=Cool,...A Minigun Blaster!"

I think I want one of those for Cajin... twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:48 pm
they exist in fandom somewhere in sure of it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:52 pm
there's a blaster minigun in ESB, if you look closely, and i'm not talking about the E-Web. a rebel uses it in the trenches.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:05 pm
I'm saying that's what they said it looked like. Not necessarily the base it came off of.

You can get handgrips, stocks for a 40. I know.

Not very pretty, but you can. Its like an uzi before you hack off 10 of the 16 inch barrel and take away the buttplate.

But alas, your pic doesn't look like your reference too closely. Its almost too modified.

Like I said, i see the resemblance, but its bastardized alot. I won't press it farther.

Not to mention, if you dont' believe me, then don't. but I have no reason to lie. If you can't get a gunsmith to accurately tell what it is, then there's a good stroke that they don't know what they're doing. when you get five that don't know what it is, then I'm less inclined that its left up to someone who sucks at business.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:16 pm
i didn't even know the MP-44 existed until early this recent summer. it's possible they haven't really gotten a good look at the 44.. i know pics are hard to find.

and i got one of my gun books and opened to the good ol' schmeisser.

the magazine is mounted far from the trigger, the body is less wide and more cylindrical, and the grip is shaped very differently. significantly, the safety is on top, while in my picture, the safety is obviously right about where the thumb would be on the firing hand. i'm sorry, but i don't see any resemblance to the MP-40, other than the general german look. i'm not saying my DLT-20C is perfectly like the MP-44, but it retains significant similarities... the shape of the back and stock (even the impression in the stock), the shape of the grip, the shape of the trigger guard, the placement and width of the magazine, and the double-barreled look of a gas-operated machinegun. note for the M14, i retained that and made the gas chamber a second barrel. this time it's a sensor. i cut the barrel down, yes, but the only huge difference is the grip for the supporting hand. that i changed entirely, but kept the machine-stamped bulges prominent on the MP-44.

the MP-40 is sleek, black and shiny. it has no such bulges.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:27 pm
Let's not quiver.

I'm just saying it fooled more people than it should. 44's are hard to come by, as they weren't really that good of a gun. they have a habit of jamming often, especially in cold weather.

in WWII, germans used other weapons. they did not like assault rifles as much as they did sub-machine guns, primarily due to teh style they were fighting.

Germans developed the technique of throwing as much lead through the air as possible, since during trench warfare, an enemy will only show himself for a short time.

hence why blitzkrieg and the smg usually were favored in assault runs. Later in the war, germany's tactics stalled, showing the inadequacies.

If you think about it though, the only real difference between an SMG and an assault rifle is the cartrige size. and maybe even the size of the rifle. Though its not much of a line to distinguish the two.

for example, the UMP-45 is a .45 caliber bullet, and is too large to be a true smg, but yet its classed as one.

Oh well. Onwards to another picture. possibly featuring my favorite rifle... *rubs hands greedily*  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

HereticX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 pm
I thought it was that a machinegun fired rifle bullets while a submachine gun fired pistol bullets.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:34 pm
HereticX
I thought it was that a machinegun fired rifle bullets while a submachine gun fired pistol bullets.
not by definition. it is more common to see smg's with "pistol" rounds.

But technically, a .45 is a pistol round. But there are also .50 pistols, like the desert eagle.

about the only thing that is uber-specific is what is a machine pistol. those are some of the strictest guidelines ever made... possibly because its so easy to tell them apart anyway...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:27 pm
the germans loved machine guns. their infantry squads in WW II were arranged around a machine gun.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:11 pm
I like the polish during WWII. Swords and Horses, that's how you do it!  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:23 pm
the mongolians tried that too I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:50 am
but the polish were officially the last to have a full-on cavalry charge in battle.

that's one of those times where i wonder if surrender is not worse than fighting... i mean, why make the horses suffer through being blasted apart?

and Cale, you're perfectly right. that's the only reason they still used archaic bolt-action rifles... X3

granted, if you got really good, you could fire off 30 rounds per minute with a bolt action rifle... but that's nothin next to the MG-42, which was something in the range of 900-1000 rounds per minute. course, the barrel heated up real quick, but at least you could brag about it.  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:32 am
Nospai Deathous
but the polish were officially the last to have a full-on cavalry charge in battle.

that's one of those times where i wonder if surrender is not worse than fighting... i mean, why make the horses suffer through being blasted apart?

and Cale, you're perfectly right. that's the only reason they still used archaic bolt-action rifles... X3

granted, if you got really good, you could fire off 30 rounds per minute with a bolt action rifle... but that's nothin next to the MG-42, which was something in the range of 900-1000 rounds per minute. course, the barrel heated up real quick, but at least you could brag about it.
Just get a spooky, which has those twin vulcan cannons, and if you really need to kill someone, that 100 millimeter cannon that fires out the a**... THAT's something to brag about.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff