Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply JENOVA's Witnesses
CALLING ALL FANZ !!! Male and Female !! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calamity from the Heavens

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:21 pm
Saerenna
Juno_Dagger
Then try it. Even if you can't take a class, it's not that hard to get started.
Oh yeah, the library should have language books.

Hai! ^_^ And there's also online classes you can take for free. And there's self-teaching language CDs.

Not only that, but I found downloadable self-teaching audio. xd One of the first things it teaches you is how to say, "I don't understand Japanese." LOL. The only problem with that is you have no idea how to spell things... >.> Romanized or not.

I find Kanji REALLY hard. And romanization is really difficult because you can spell words in any of a billion ways, just from hearing it phonetically.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:16 am
Saerenna
Juno_Dagger

Hai! ^_^ And there's also online classes you can take for free. And there's self-teaching language CDs.

Not only that, but I found downloadable self-teaching audio. xd One of the first things it teaches you is how to say, "I don't understand Japanese." LOL. The only problem with that is you have no idea how to spell things... >.> Romanized or not.

I find Kanji REALLY hard. And romanization is really difficult because you can spell words in any of a billion ways, just from hearing it phonetically.

Yeah. It helps that I do know how certain sounds are pronounced.
Therefore, I think the word sukoshi is spelled like that. However I could be completely off. sweatdrop And english words are spelled just like in english but pronounced with extra vowels... o.O And when you're singing, you actually pronounce the 'u' part of su. I hope these things are correct, because it's all just from listening and reading and gathering from example...  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:14 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna
Juno_Dagger

Therefore, I think the word sukoshi is spelled like that. However I could be completely off. sweatdrop And english words are spelled just like in english but pronounced with extra vowels... o.O And when you're singing, you actually pronounce the 'u' part of su. I hope these things are correct, because it's all just from listening and reading and gathering from example...

Sukoshi? Oo I don't think I've heard of that. What does it mean? Oh - when you're singing, your grammar goes to hell; that's why they pronounce the 'u' there. In ordinary talk, the 'u' is usually silent.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:48 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna

Sukoshi? Oo I don't think I've heard of that. What does it mean? Oh - when you're singing, your grammar goes to hell; that's why they pronounce the 'u' there. In ordinary talk, the 'u' is usually silent.
It means something like "a little" as in Watashi wa Nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu (<-- guessing on all these spellings) meaning "I understand a little Japanese."  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:18 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna
Saerenna

It means something like "a little" as in Watashi wa Nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu (<-- guessing on all these spellings) meaning "I understand a little Japanese."

I can't find my dictionary, but I know you're right about that. XD I should have realised, but for some reason, I always use "chotto", rather than "sukoshi"... which I can't check the spelling of because of the dictionary being missing. Argh.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:21 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna

I can't find my dictionary, but I know you're right about that. XD I should have realised, but for some reason, I always use "chotto", rather than "sukoshi"... which I can't check the spelling of because of the dictionary being missing. Argh.
That's something I need to get... an English <-> Japanese dictionary. It would make my life easier. And hopefully one I get would be more helpful than freedict.com  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:23 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna
Saerenna

That's something I need to get... an English <-> Japanese dictionary. It would make my life easier. And hopefully one I get would be more helpful than freedict.com

Freedict sucks. XP When it's working, if I need an online dictionary, I use this one. It's down a lot, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:32 pm
Saerenna
Saerenna

Freedict sucks. XP When it's working, if I need an online dictionary, I use this one. It's down a lot, though.
I see. I think I've run across that one before, but all the boxes and stuff scared me away... LOL. xd  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

Mariku -- Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:14 am
I had one for a bit....got it from the library until my friend bought three learn Japanese books and a DVD/cassette~  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:36 am
Saerenna
Saerenna
Saerenna

I see. I think I've run across that one before, but all the boxes and stuff scared me away... LOL. xd

XD It takes some getting used to.  

Ermak Lorde
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:17 am
Saerenna
Saerenna

umm.... "Chotto" ... kinda means "just a moment"
cause it's "Chotto Matte" which means "wait just a moment" or "slow down"

"Sukoshi" is "a little"

and "Chisaii" means "small".  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:32 am
Ermak Lorde
Saerenna
Saerenna

umm.... "Chotto" ... kinda means "just a moment"
cause it's "Chotto Matte" which means "wait just a moment" or "slow down"

"Sukoshi" is "a little"

and "Chisaii" means "small".

I've heard chotto used as "little" as well. It was in a movie. But I don't know why I said chotto there. I meant chiisana. XP I was sleepie. Forgive me. I'm a stupid sleepie girl.  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:12 pm
.... Ooooh, I just found free online Japanese lessons..... O.O heart

So THAT's what sore means.... No, literally, it means 'that'. *cracks self up* rofl rofl ... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:40 pm
Yep. Why is that so funny? *giggles*  

Saerenna
Crew

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm
Because I could be read as something like "So THAT's what Kawaii means. It means cute!" but instead "that" is actually what it means and is...oh forget it.  
JENOVA's Witnesses

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff