Naruto
  Sasuke
  Sakura
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:03 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Itachi IS asexual at the moment. But he's a crazy dude. He could snap any second and start wanting men. Crazy people aren't so easy to predict.

So you want Shikamaru to be gay? I figured you had wild fantasies about him. confused

No, really. If that's not the problem, then why are you on my case? It was my opinion. I believe he is straight. It even says in the character book that he is "Close Friends" with Chouji. It didn't show any other arrows pointing to him or anything. And it didn't say, "Suki" which means "in love with."

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. Overall, the genin are known as straight. Shikamaru's chances of being gay are pretty damn low. He has his weird stuff that seems sort of metro about him in our eye. In Japanese culture, he does not seem gay at all. It is our interpretation of the fishnets and ponytail. I could see your complaint might make sense if I said Sasuke was gay because he refused so many girls or if I said Kakashi was gay because he didn't ask the ramen girl out, but saying Shikamaru is straight is not unreasonable, and according to Kishimoto, it's a fact. I'm not saying he won't be gay tomorrow. But according to the data books and what he's done/said, he is clearly straight.

Wow. Thanks for proving my point by stating your opinions as facts over and over again.

No, I don't think Shikamaru is canonly gay. You're missing my point. Besides which, I don't stereotype people with ponytails/fishnet/etc. as gay. If I wanted to stereotype someone as gay it'd be Sai, like the rest of the Naruto fandom, but I happen to like shipping him with Ino. wink So no. I don't think that Gai being emotional makes him gay, or Shikamaru wearing fishnet makes him gay, or Sai making p***s remarks makes him gay... because I know plenty of straight men like that, and plenty of gay men not like that.

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous.

Thank you for being so sweet. smile Now I'm going to go masturbate to a picture of Shikamaru and then score him on a personality test because I'm just like him and I fantasise about doing him with a strap-on. I even tested with a genius IQ, and I'm lazy! Pretty sweet, huh?
No, my opinions are based OFF OF facts. Aren't yours?

Sai actually seems gay. Well, metro. We can't tell with him so much. But I think your point is a little pointless. You'd have a point if what I was saying was untrue.

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. You got on my case for almost no reason. You were annoyed for almost no reason. And for some reason, you really wanted to argue with me!

I hope you're making fun of Shikatards, and not me. I'll have you know that I don't intentionally score him on tests and my IQ is "high." Not "genius." I don't see what point you're trying to make. I also don't masturbate to manga. That runs the risk of getting, well... fluids on my nice books. I don't think it's mature of you to accuse me, or anyone else of these things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:04 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
When information IS not given, that is fact.

That's ridiculous. So it's fact that Lee is a jinchuuriki since that information has never been given? And on that same token, it's a fact that Tenten is a lesbian since we've been given no information otherwise?
You placed that sentence out of context, therefore it no longer made sense. In transistion with the rest of the paragraph, it does make sense in this specific instance.

It's far easier to guess someone's sexuality than it is to guess if they have a powerful demon hiding under their armpit. rolleyes Your comparison is completely ludicrous.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:10 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Itachi IS asexual at the moment. But he's a crazy dude. He could snap any second and start wanting men. Crazy people aren't so easy to predict.

So you want Shikamaru to be gay? I figured you had wild fantasies about him. confused

No, really. If that's not the problem, then why are you on my case? It was my opinion. I believe he is straight. It even says in the character book that he is "Close Friends" with Chouji. It didn't show any other arrows pointing to him or anything. And it didn't say, "Suki" which means "in love with."

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. Overall, the genin are known as straight. Shikamaru's chances of being gay are pretty damn low. He has his weird stuff that seems sort of metro about him in our eye. In Japanese culture, he does not seem gay at all. It is our interpretation of the fishnets and ponytail. I could see your complaint might make sense if I said Sasuke was gay because he refused so many girls or if I said Kakashi was gay because he didn't ask the ramen girl out, but saying Shikamaru is straight is not unreasonable, and according to Kishimoto, it's a fact. I'm not saying he won't be gay tomorrow. But according to the data books and what he's done/said, he is clearly straight.

Wow. Thanks for proving my point by stating your opinions as facts over and over again.

No, I don't think Shikamaru is canonly gay. You're missing my point. Besides which, I don't stereotype people with ponytails/fishnet/etc. as gay. If I wanted to stereotype someone as gay it'd be Sai, like the rest of the Naruto fandom, but I happen to like shipping him with Ino. wink So no. I don't think that Gai being emotional makes him gay, or Shikamaru wearing fishnet makes him gay, or Sai making p***s remarks makes him gay... because I know plenty of straight men like that, and plenty of gay men not like that.

Thank you for being so sweet. smile Now I'm going to go masturbate to a picture of Shikamaru and then score him on a personality test because I'm just like him and I fantasise about doing him with a strap-on. I even tested with a genius IQ, and I'm lazy! Pretty sweet, huh?

Sai actually seems gay. Well, metro. We can't tell with him so much. But I think your point is a little pointless. You'd have a point if what I was saying was untrue.

Your pet peeve is a little ridiculous. You got on my case for almost no reason. You were annoyed for almost no reason. And for some reason, you really wanted to argue with me!

I hope you're making fun of Shikatards, and not me. I'll have you know that I don't intentionally score him on tests and my IQ is "high." Not "genius." I don't see what point you're trying to make. I also don't masturbate to manga. That runs the risk of getting, well... fluids on my nice books. I don't think it's mature of you to accuse me, or anyone else of these things.

I wasn't annoyed. You're mistaking disagreement with getting on your case and annoyance.

No, I wasn't accusing you or anyone else of doing those things, I was contemplating doing them myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 pm
Shikalee: Mofo's pet peeve isn't any more ridiculous than your jealousy/hatred/suspicion of SHikamaru's other fans. I wouldn't go pointing fingers about weird quirks in personalities since you're in love with a comic book character and that could be thrown in your face at any time, unfortunately.

Mofo: I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST SUGGESTED TENTEN ISN'T A LESBIAN FOR TSUNADE IN FRONT OF ME I TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY I MIGHT HAVE YOU TAKEN OUT AND SHOT BY COMMUNISTS.

On an unrelated note: Can Sai be interested in anyone if he's too retarded to know what smiling is? *coughbalgerSai/Inoloveblargcough*  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:12 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
When information IS not given, that is fact.

That's ridiculous. So it's fact that Lee is a jinchuuriki since that information has never been given? And on that same token, it's a fact that Tenten is a lesbian since we've been given no information otherwise?
You placed that sentence out of context, therefore it no longer made sense. In transistion with the rest of the paragraph, it does make sense in this specific instance.

It's far easier to guess someone's sexuality than it is to guess if they have a powerful demon hiding under their armpit. rolleyes Your comparison is completely ludicrous.

I can place it in context and it has the same meaning.

I disagree, because sexuality isn't as clean-cut as looking or acting gay. How do you know someone's sexual orientation until they show romantic feelings? You don't.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:16 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee: Mofo's pet peeve isn't any more ridiculous than your jealousy/hatred/suspicion of SHikamaru's other fans. I wouldn't go pointing fingers about weird quirks in personalities since you're in love with a comic book character and that could be thrown in your face at any time, unfortunately.

Mofo: I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST SUGGESTED TENTEN ISN'T A LESBIAN FOR TSUNADE IN FRONT OF ME I TAKE THIS SO SERIOUSLY I MIGHT HAVE YOU TAKEN OUT AND SHOT BY COMMUNISTS.

On an unrelated note: Can Sai be interested in anyone if he's too retarded to know what smiling is? *coughbalgerSai/Inoloveblargcough*

Duh, Verd, Tenten is a lesbian for Hinata!

Sai would be so stupid and adorably awkward in a romance. He'd be like, "This feeling... what is it?" And he'd read a book and get it confused with anger or something, and end up breaking someone's nose.  

mofoslotmachine

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:18 pm
Plaze, she does it all for the boobies.

Maybe she can convince him to put on a real shirt.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:20 pm
But Ino loves the bellyshirts too! Then again, she'd probably think it was tacky for them to match.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:34 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

I wasn't annoyed. You're mistaking disagreement with getting on your case and annoyance.

No, I wasn't accusing you or anyone else of doing those things, I was contemplating doing them myself.
But if it were a simply disagreement, you wouldn't have felt the need to call me out on it, and persist it. You also would not have called it a pet peeve:

pet peeve
–noun
a particular and often continual annoyance; personal bugbear: This train service is one of my pet peeves.

The one and only definition provided by dictionary.com confirms my "mistake."

Sure you were. confused When you want something, you don't contemplate it. You do it. There is no risk involved when enthralling yourself in a fictional character.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:36 pm
Captain Verd

Except you're wrong. Your accusation is just as ridiculous as her pet peeve.
I am not jealous, in hating, or suspicious of Shikamaru FANS. I actually have very hearty discussions with them. We're all smiles, gabbing on about how awesome his ninjutsu is.
I hate fangirls. Period. Of any sort. They can love Shikamaru or Naruto or Sakura and I would hate them all the same. As far as weird quirks and personalities go, sure, she could take an honest emotion and "throw it in my face." But the difference is that she was being completely unreasonable, rendering her rather foolish. The things I feel are also somewhat foolish, but I am not unaware of them nor do I deny them. I cope, and I'm trying to change.  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:38 am
Shikalee
But if it were a simply disagreement, you wouldn't have felt the need to call me out on it, and persist it.

Yes, I would have. I usually vocalise my disagreements with people. Annoyance has nothing to do with it. When I disagree with someone, I say so. It's nothing personal. I disagree with people all the time without getting annoyed.

Shikalee
You also would not have called it a pet peeve:

pet peeve
–noun
a particular and often continual annoyance; personal bugbear: This train service is one of my pet peeves.

The one and only definition provided by dictionary.com confirms my "mistake."

I didn't say YOU were my pet peeve, or what you were in particular were saying was my pet peeve. A lot of the stuff other people has said has hit my pet peeve too.

Personal bug bear. Exactly. It's a personal bug bear of mine for people to state something subjective as fact. It'd be like me saying... Kakashi is attracted to Sakura. It's fact. He wants to be in a relationship with her. You can't tell me that wouldn't make you pull a face, because how is that a fact? It's annoying when anyone does it.

Shikalee
Sure you were. confused When you want something, you don't contemplate it. You do it. There is no risk involved when enthralling yourself in a fictional character.

No. I wasn't. Don't give me motivations I don't actually have, please.

I also contemplate things before I do them. I'm not a very spontaneous person - I always try to put thought into something before I do it, no matter how much I want it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:17 am
heart Hey hey hey. Has anyone actually done thorough research on human sexuality combining genetics, evolutionary psychology, neuropsychology, physiology, and biology? Has anyone taken into consideration the fact that the shinobi world is a completely different society, where homosocial bonds are probably encouraged? Where it's alright to expose children to murder at a young age, and teach young kunoichis that they'd have to use their beauty and body in the future in battle, therefore it's probably normal for them to be sexualized at a young age? Not saying it's right by our society's standards, but anyways.

My point is, any of them having homosexual relationships is theoretically plausible in that canonverse, unless a character shows overt heterosexuality (and even then)....likewise, it's very plausible for someone who appears very stereotypically (by western standards) gay to be attracted to women. In literary terms, it's 100% not really going to happen. But in literary terms, stupid s**t happens since Kishimoto sucks, and only a couple of people will probably hook up.  

EwYouNerd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:19 am
Shikalee
I am not jealous, in hating, or suspicious of Shikamaru FANS. I actually have very hearty discussions with them. We're all smiles, gabbing on about how awesome his ninjutsu is.
I hate fangirls. Period. Of any sort. They can love Shikamaru or Naruto or Sakura and I would hate them all the same. As far as weird quirks and personalities go, sure, she could take an honest emotion and "throw it in my face." But the difference is that she was being completely unreasonable, rendering her rather foolish. The things I feel are also somewhat foolish, but I am not unaware of them nor do I deny them. I cope, and I'm trying to change.
Alright fine, you caught me. Let me rephrase my arguement.

Shikalee: Mofo's pet peeve isn't any more ridiculous than your jealousy/hatred/suspicion of Shikamaru's other fangirls. I wouldn't go pointing fingers about weird quirks in personalities since you're in love with a comic book character and that could be thrown in your face at any time, unfortunately.

EWYOUNERD: UM UR WRONG BECAUSE I ROTE TEH MANGA >(  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:27 am
There's a tiny thing called perception. Literature is a piece of work in which authors would originally expect people to take the symbolism/message of their story and admire the writing, plot, characters, and execution. Then a dorky thing called fandom was made. Fandom is just a subdivision of literature and affects nothing on the canon material. Fandom basically was inevitable as soon as people could communicate their thoughts freely and openly to each other by technological means, because humans project their own thoughts and feelings vicariously through literature. Therefore, your perceptions on a character are not fact unless Kishimoto exhibits this and states this. And Kishimoto has even contradicted himself tons of times, showing an inconsistency in his own facts (the quirks of being a manga-ka neutral a shitty one), so they are subject to change but only by him.

You cannot state something is fact about a character unless it has been exhibited. It is only your perception, and your self-proclaimed psychofandom drivel on what type of personality traits and behaviours you associate with how they would react in different situations.

I use canon interaction and databook interpretation of the personality charts, while leaving lots of room open for MARGINAL ERROR. So I think I have accurate perceptions because I'm not off running around saying Gai is hiding depression behind his smile or Neji is autistic because he can't socialize or whatever.

Basically, no matter how intelligent you think you are, unless you state a canon law like "Sakura has pink hair", you cannot claim your opinion is fact.

Hahha, I love talking. can you tell?  

EwYouNerd

EwYouNerd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:29 am
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Alright fine, you caught me. Let me rephrase my arguement.

Shikalee: Mofo's pet peeve isn't any more ridiculous than your jealousy/hatred/suspicion of Shikamaru's other fangirls. I wouldn't go pointing fingers about weird quirks in personalities since you're in love with a comic book character and that could be thrown in your face at any time, unfortunately.

EWYOUNERD: UM UR WRONG BECAUSE I ROTE TEH MANGA >(

SaiIno will be canon. >9 Chouji will confess his gay love to Shikamaru who will confess his gay love to Asuma's grave who will confess his gay love to Obito's grave.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff