Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Who here actually READS anymore?(I do and I'm proud of it!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How are you? (I'm FORCING you to answer nicely!)
  Very fine thank you.
  Not very well I'm afraid.
View Results

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:13 am
I love to read. Most of the time I am reading occult books of somesort. Right now I'm in the middle of reading 3 books on verious traditions of witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:45 pm
I'm currently reading "The Amber Spyglass". I am on page one, having just checked it out, and only had five seconds of reading time...  

Argetlam13

Shirtless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Survivor 150
  • Millionaire 200

EvFaerAshlynn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 pm
I'm s'posed to be getting Artemis Fowl (and I know I spelled it wrong gonk ) sometime and reading it so I can help my boyfriend a little with a paper he has to write. We both agree that it's a really cool book.

Also, once I'm not drowning in schoolwork, I'm gonna want to read Lolita.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:20 pm
AAAGGHHH!!!! My parents have stopped taking me to the bookstore every month. They send me to the library now, they said I buy to much when I go to the bookstore. I like to OWN what I read. The library just annoys me sometimes...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

dark and demented

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:57 am
I read quite often, everyday actually and every friday a few of my friends and I walk up to a bookstore which is a few blocks away and hang out there for hours and hours.

And I play Violin, Piano, and guitar. I don't write my own music literally I usually just ******** around play a few things and make my own song but I don't write it down.
I do it from memory.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:53 pm
I love reading. It's just that I can rarely find a book that will actually hold my interest.

(Currently reading The Catcher In The Rye; not for school)  

x Socks x

anime_freak777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:06 pm
I've always loved to read. I'm in the middle of reading Ellen Foster and re-reading Helter Skelteras of currently.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:17 pm
I love reading with a pasion my spelling doesnt show it but I do I like learning and everthing but I dont like my school because of the people in it and they make it a difficult invironment. But I dont play and instrument... I'm in the Womens Choir (alto) I love music but my school doesnt have a very extinseive music department.  

kayla1234098

nightwing773

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:51 pm
I love reading, and writing, and everything else to do with literature biggrin biggrin biggrin right now I'm reading 'Silence, Darkly' which is very good, I have one chapter left and the epilouge biggrin we had a reading competition this summer in our martial arts academy, and I had the most pages with 58, 459 pages, and 184 books in 2 and 1/2 months biggrin biggrin goddess I love reading  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:05 pm
i still enjoy reading whenever i can, latley i havent had much time but seeing as im on break now for a couple of weeks i can catch up biggrin

xX x0mbie Xx

Miss Jetpack

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:12 am
Hmm, I read literature and study on my own daily (I'm attempting to make myself intellegant despite school). Right now in the area of fiction, I'm reading Island... its a spin off of Brave New World (and its utopian!). But if anyone is looking for a book, I recomend THE TELEVISIONARY ORACLE by Robert Brensy, its a trip and I just finished reading it for the second time a couple nights ago. Wow... But I haven't had hardly enough time, I've got a big stack to read and I dont know why but I read so slow. Maybe because I like to read at talking pace and whenever theres a section I love I have to read it over and over again. Heh. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:07 am
Everyone I know hates school; However, I do have several friends that read a lot, and/or know quite a bit about history. Ironically, only one is gothic, and the history buff is an addictive WoW player.  

Aloquin

vailendeathmage

6,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:39 pm
i love to read i have read many gothic novels i am reading a really good one now called twilight and along with that i am reading an online book called vampire kisses it is so good it is a real book that some one posted on the internet and my mom forces me to play the flute for m school band but i also play guitar and yea i wright my own music sometimes  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:47 pm
razorblade6060
Seriouslly! Who really goes to the bookstore, gets a copy of "the red badge of courage" and reads anymore. I still do! The amount of people who go to the bookstore for something besides anime is dwindling...Anime is cool but try reading something else as well for a change.

While I have a topic started here, I would like to ask how many goths you know/meet that you would consider intelligent/"geeky" (read books, know about history, literature, science, don't hate school...) It seems like a lot of people these days just headbang to some metal band, wear black, and say they're goth. No. I'm sorry. Those qualities alone can't make you goth. Or at least "true goth". They should read up about goth a bit more.

Also, who here plays an instument? What do you play, for how long, and do you wright your own music?

I read so much in highschool that I'd get 3/4 of the way through the semester and run out of books to read so I'd have to wait until the next school year to get some new books to read. By the time I hit the end of my senior year I had read all I could read at my highschool library. I took a year off from reading and I've recently got back into it. I've read the entire anne rice series except for one, read the entire laurell k hamilton vampire series and am working on her fairie series, have finished the first two eragon books and am waiting for the third to come out, and that doesn't include the countless random books in between. I've also taken up reading manga (got the whole chobits series and Kamichama Karin) and a few comic books here and there (like the emily strange ones!) So yea...I constantly have to spend money on new books because I can read 2 or 3 novels a day if I have free time.  

Gothic_Lipstick_Kisses

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:42 pm
I read practically too much. whee

Anyway, I listen to metal bands too, but that doesn't mean I can't be smart.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff