Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!
Seeing the Truth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cut out boring speeches? (i.e. Ibiki's explanation)
  Yes, it's super boring, since I already watched/read it! (Me: But you'll miss all their sarcastic comments!)
  NOOO! I must read their witty comments and laugh my a** off!
View Results

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:19 pm
umm... actually i was diagnosed with nuro blastoma on the day of my third birthday. I was hospitallized until i was 4 and wore this awful, large backpack with fluids and crap untill i was like 5^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:38 pm
And nuro blastoma is...?

But yeah, I'm glad you got that out of the way when you were little.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:07 pm
well, I'm not really sure. But it's a cancer that's in your stomach area-ish. It was like crushing one of my loungs for a while, before they fixed it. It was really scary for my parents cause accordeing to the computer's calculations, I had about a 9% chance to live.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:07 am
Well, I'm really happy you did live.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:09 am
yup^^

wow, where's xRyuuki? she like disappeared (sp?)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:21 am
Yeah... I don't know if it's time for us to get a new chapter or not...
Maybe school's eating her time?  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:15 pm
maybe! But not mine! We're getting like atleast 7 inches of snow, so they pre-canceled school for tommorow. And today the main water system in the town broke (again) and so we had no school! Swoot!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:41 am
My college is giving us the day of because it's ski day or something. I'm just staying home and watching the snow fall. And my bro play the Wii.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:15 pm
exiting. the snow here was all wack, it was like "grainy" as my mom called it. It was almost like frosen rain, but not quite. It was so weird....

Wow, I'm almost getting depressed because xRyuuki hasn't posted, she probably has writer's block, hate that. Anyhow, it's been like over a week hasn't it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:00 pm
Well actually I was recovering from the fever. I was slightly woozy and nauseous for a few days after getting over ...whatever it was. xD. Sorry! And...yes, I do have writer's block. I can't figure out how to make the characters respond to Hinata and Neji's fight. sweatdrop . I finally finished up with Kiba and Naruto's though.

Hmm. Valentine's day event...do you guys know what the event items are this time around?

Maeve, that sounds horrible.

Oh yeah, and before you read, according to some of the reviews I got on Fanfiction.net, you might not be happy with the slight bashing in this chapter. Although, as my defense I just have to say that since Sakura was replaced, things were supposed to be different and need to change.

"Talking"
Thinking
"Telepathy through mind seal"

("Beast speech" / "Telepathy with a beast")
"Demonic language" / Demon thinking / 'Demon talking telepathically to their jinchuuriki'

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O
::;Seeing the Truth;::
Chapter 12: Confrontations in the Tower - First Half
O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

“We have two Heaven scrolls and one Earth scroll,” announced Sasuke once he had checked all of their supplies. Akina merely nodded while rolling up her sleeping bag and putting it away.

“Naruto has to wake up for us to enter the tower…”

“Hn.”

By this time Kouseki had gotten very annoyed at the lack of verbal conversation. She cast a withering look at the quiet pair before trotting over to Naruto and laying down near his head. Kouseki poked his head a bit before sighing.

The panther that was nearest to their hideout motioned for Akina to come over, looking serious about something.

(“Akina-sama,”) she said as the girl neared, (“a few hours ago some ningen tried to get to your position, but were deterred by the traps. They will most likely try again today.”)

Akina nodded at the report, already knowing it but appreciating it all the same. During the night she kept on drifting in and out of sleep, as her demonic side started to become more active. Kouseki said that this would happen soon, now that the seal had been taken off when she met with her father’s family.

Afterwards, the amount of element manipulation she could do before the mental strain was too much had increased.

“Were they the Oto-nin?” This caught Sasuke’s attention as memories of the battle the day before flashed across his mind’s eye.

The cat nodded grimly, absently cleaning her whiskers. Sasuke had already finished packing his stuff long ago, and was now walking the perimeter, looking at the complicated traps that surrounded the area.

Kouseki looked up, seeing that Sasuke was busy doing something else, before looking at the seal on Naruto’s stomach. Her golden pools narrowed at the additional kanji. I might not be much of a Sealer, but that is definitely not good for his chakra, not to mention the kitsune’s. The thought of the nine-tailed bijuu sealed inside the small boy made her remember something she wanted to try out for a long time. She looked up to double-check that Sasuke was distracted, and then positioned her muzzle next to Naruto’s ear.

“Wake up. We need you awake…both of you,” she whispered.

Akina sat down next to the entrance, recognizing the demonic tongue and trying to clear the fogginess in her mind. The last time she heard that language…was before she crossed the Gate and gave up her memories. Her body and mind remembers her skills from before the transfer, but she didn’t have access to those memories. Most likely if anyone tried to pry those memories out of her mind, they would find it impossible. No one can challenge the will of the Gods.

Naruto’s body shifted slightly before settling down again. Kouseki sighed at the failed attempt, shaking her head. I guess it didn’t work…

(“What are you trying to do, kill me?!”) The voice was shrill, indicating that it was probably from a rodent.

This was followed by a muffled curse and the bushes rustling. Sasuke jumped back towards Akina, standing next to her with a kunai drawn.

("Akina-sama! The Sound genin tried to stick an explosive tag on my back! Kick his tail for me!") squealed out the squirrel as it dashed through the clearing and away to safety. Kouseki sweat dropped.

In the distance, they heard one of the traps go off, making one of the panthers cringe once they recognized which one it was. This particular one unleashed a series of small Housenka jutsu and, for some reason, stink bombs at strategic places where the invading ninja was likely to dodge.

“I will muffle their sound attacks for us.”

“Hn.”

Sasuke quickly blocked a kunai that had been thrown at him when the Sound team jumped into the clearing, panting slightly from the effort they had to make to dodge all the fireballs and stink bombs (though, from the smell, they didn’t fully escape the clouds of stinky gas).

The one in the middle, with bandages covering his head, spoke for his team. “We’re here to kill Uchiha Sasuke.”

(“Well that was idiotic. Right away we know what their goal is. Baka.”) mumbled Kouseki from inside the tree trunk. Both kids inwardly agreed but didn’t say anything. They can use any information they can get.

Behind them, Naruto had started to wake up, but he stayed still, unconsciously sensing enemies in the area.

“…nuh?”

The two teams stood stock still, wearily eyeing each other now that it was assured that they cannot avoid a battle. It stayed like this for a few more seconds, before Sasuke just smirked at them. Almost immediately, Zaku scowled at him.

“What the hell are you smirking at?!”

If anything, the smirk widened. “You.”

Zaku’s eyes narrowed, and he raised his arm and aimed his palm at them. “I’ll show you…” The two felt chakra circulating inside his arm, already putting their plan into action.

“Zankuuha (Decapitating Air Wave)!”

A large burst of wind hit the spot where the two where standing, sending dust everywhere. Zaku smirked as the dust cleared, showing that Sasuke and Akina were nowhere to be seen.

“Look at that…I got them both in one shot…”

Dosu frowned at his teammate. “Don’t be so arrogant…”

A pair of hands burst from the ground underneath Kin, and they grabbed her ankles, dragging her into the ground. The same was going to happen to the two boys, but they dodged just in time. Kin struggled to get out of the earth, but it was useless.

Two Akina’s and Sasuke dug their way out of the ground. One of the Akina’s (one of them was apparently a Kage Bunshin), tilted her head slightly at the other girl. “I reinforced the ground around her with chakra. She won’t be getting out anytime soon.”

She manipulated the earth slightly in this pause in battle, pushing a pressure point on the girl’s neck and knocking her out of the battle.

Zaku sneered at her. “Pathetic.”

One of the panthers, who had taken refuge in the trees high above, shook his head at him. (“It seems that those in the Sound do not care about their own comrades. Disgraceful.”)

His sister, who was sitting beside him, chuckled at the head sticking out of the ground. (“Doton: Shinjuu Zanshu (Earth Release: Inner Decapitation). You know, I checked in on them last month and found their entire training area covered in holes. They really had fun with that technique there.”)

Her brother just shook his head as he sensed Naruto using the technique as well, tunneling underground to use a sneak attack on them later.

Dosu charged at Sasuke, leaving Zaku to attack Akina.

Sasuke ducked under Dosu’s punch, not affected at all by the strange device on his arm. Dosu gasped, surprised by this. Why doesn’t it affect him?!

While he was distracted, Sasuke delivered a strong punch to his stomach, knocking the air out of him, before grabbing his arm and slamming him into the ground again. Dosu grunted, rolling in the dirt and skidding to stop a few seconds later.

He got up, spitting some blood out of his mouth and cradling his injury slightly from the force he was punched with. Chakra-enforced punch… He watched as Akina dodged some more wind blasts, flipping in the air as if she belonged in it.

Kouseki had appeared on the opposite side of the panther siblings, nearer to the side that the other Leaf genin were approaching from. As a half-dragon, she should feel comfortable in the air. It should be in her instincts to wish to fly. That’s why she flips so much while fighting.

Zaku gritted his teeth. I have to get her to stay still…the damn b***h won’t stop moving! With that thought in mind, he ran towards the place where she would land, not giving her time to jump again. He punched towards her stomach, but in the last moment she bent her body like a cat and dodged, flipping over him and grabbing his shoulders in the process. She flipped his body, slamming him into the ground and creating a small crater. She landed silently, going into her usual starting stance.

At this point, another pair of arms burst from the arm, dragging Zaku underneath. Once his head was the only thing visible, Naruto climbed out of the earth, frowning and panting for some reason. What the hell is wrong with my chakra?

Akina disappeared and reappeared behind his head, tapping the back of his neck and sending a burst of chakra, knocking him out just like his teammate. Now, only Dosu was left, since both he and Sasuke had stopped to watch their battle.

By now, Team Ten had arrived, and was hiding in the bushes, watching as the other Oto-nin was knocked out. Ino and Chouji were staring wide-eyed at the ease at which they defeated two out of three of their opponents, but Shikamaru was thinking back on the small talk he had with the blind girl the day before.

A truce… His half-lidded gaze went to his teammates, and Chouji recognized what he wanted. He tapped Ino’s shoulder, and she scowled, but reluctantly agreed.

Shikamaru made a hand seal, looking at Dosu. He sent chakra into his shadow and willed it to extend. Dosu wouldn’t know what hit him until it was too late. When the shadow connected to his, Shikamaru announced his presence by standing up and walking out of the bushes, walking out with the Oto-nin imitating his actions.

“Kagemane no jutsu…success.” His teammates walked out behind him, and Akina got out of her battle stance, nodding in thanks to them. She walked towards Dosu, reaching into his ninja pouch and taking his scroll. Ino looked at it and found it to be the one that they needed.

“Hey, that’s…!” Akina seemed to notice, and tossed it towards her. She caught it, surprised. “What…? Why?”

Takamaru Akina wrapped her small hands around Dosu’s neck, nodding towards Shikamaru. Right when he released his hold on the other boy’s shadow, Akina sent a burst of chakra into his neck, knocking him out just like the rest of his team. Dosu dropped onto the ground, unconscious.

“Mutual benefits…” she murmured, moving back as Sasuke came over and tied Dosu up with wire. Naruto idly rubbed his stomach before walking over to Shikamaru and Chouji, grinning at them.

“Yo! Shikamaru, Chouji! So what do you think of the “Forest of Death” so far?” He used air quotes when saying the name of the forest, not at all intimidated by it. The Nara just sighed.

“Troublesome…”

“It’s all right…but there’s not much food around here…”

Naruto just nodded at them as the panthers came back into the clearing. Ino and Chouji glanced at them wearily, but Chouji quickly relaxed when he saw that Shikamaru didn’t look worried at all.

Five panthers stepped forward, lying down in front of them. Akina climbed onto Kouseki’s back, signaling the others to get on the big cats’ backs as well. “This will help cover our tracks better.”

Shikamaru got on without a word, inwardly happy that he didn’t have to move anymore. He laid his head on the black cat’s back, finding a comfortable position and promptly started to doze off.

Ino picked the only female panther, still cautious. When they were all settled, Akina nodded, and the group of animals. They took off without another word, and most of their stomachs jumped at the speed they started at. Shikamaru, however, didn’t move a muscle, merely sleeping on. Ino sent him a slightly annoyed look before sighing, clutching the panther’s fur in fear of falling off. At the height that they were, it was highly likely that if she fell, she’d go, in Naruto’s words, “splat”.

Naruto himself, however reacted differently. “Whooo-hoo! Man, this is cool! Can we go faster?”

The panther he was riding on laughed loudly, and the sound came out as roaring. (“This Uzumaki Naruto is a lively cub, isn’t he?”)

Kouseki just laughed in her bark-like way, not caring whether not Naruto heard, since he was right there and could understand. (“You should know better by now.”)

This made the rest of the animals chuckle as well. Naruto’s panther nodded, not at all winded by the run. (“I suppose I should…now, let’s see if we can’t go faster?”)

The others nodded, and Sasuke prepared by getting a better grip. Naruto noticed as well, as the big cat’s muscles tensed. “Oi! You guys better hold on! We’re gonna have a blast!”

Team Ten hastened to obey the order, though Shikamaru did it while grumbling, since Naruto’s loud yell of happiness had woken him up.

(“Okay!”)

In a gust of leaves, the six beasts literally disappeared as they all raced towards the tall tower in the middle of the forest.

Ino’s stomach flipped at the sensation, and Chouji muttered about a stomachache. Akina, however, was smiling, though the other humans were too busy hanging on to notice. It felt great to fly through the air. Kouseki, however, did, and grinned. Let’s see if I can make the pup happier.

She sped ahead of the group, putting more and more distance between them, yet still staying in sight. As they passed by, Naruto and Sasuke saw her look of happiness, and felt slightly honored that she would let them see her like that, being such a secretive girl.

(“Come on you guys, let’s get these pups to the Tower,”) barked Kouseki. The panthers replied with a series of happy roars of agreement, and they went to catch up with the wolf.

So this is what it feels like to be Akina… came Ino’s idle thought. Someone or something is always there to keep her company and help out. And she was always a silent one, too…

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Teams Seven and Ten stood in front of each other, in front of the tower. Ino stood in front of her team, and Akina hers. Ino grunted in an un-ladylike way, waving the scroll they gave her at them.

“…thanks.”

Naruto blinked in surprise. Ino hated Akina’s guts. So for her to thank the other girl was really a change. Akina’s lips twitched into a small, and barely noticeable smile.

“Your welcome.” She said it loud and clear, more louder than the way she usually talked, to show that she meant it, and was happy to help her former classmates. Ino blinked as well, nodding slightly and turning around. Her team followed her as they walked to their doors.

“Ino.”

The blond stopped, turning back and looking at the girl. “Yeah? What is it?”

Akina’s smile disappeared, and Ino knew she was serious now. “If we fight, I want it to be a good match…wear your hitai-ate with pride like a true kunoichi.”

Ino glared at her, good mood now ruined. Is she saying that that I’m not a true kunoichi?!

Shikamaru and Chouji cringed as they thought of how she would burst later on due to that one statement. They shuffled over to their gate, edging away from their teammate. Team Seven walked into their own pair of doors.

Kouseki led the way inside, pushing the doors open with her snout and breaking the seal on it. (“That’s good advice, Akina-chan…she’s not taking her role as a ninja seriously enough…she’s using her time chasing after the gaki here instead of training…”)

Sasuke ignored this insult since he agreed with what she said, though his eye did twitch slightly. Kouseki was like that. She had a nickname for each member of their team. Naruto was baka-chan. Sasuke was gaki. Akina was pup. And Kakashi’s was scarecrow. Since the boys have gotten the seal, they discovered that the wolf was indeed a “potty mouth”, and had a large sense of sarcasm.

Naruto interrupted his thoughts by pointing at the sign on the wall, high above them. “What’s that?”

Sasuke looked up at the sign, and read the Sandaime Hokage’s quote. All three genin took out their scrolls, and Akina and Naruto nodded to each other. As one they opened their scrolls and threw them down as they started smoking.

In a burst of ninja smoke, a familiar face appeared.

“IRUKA-SENSEI!” Naruto jumped and hugged the tan chuunin, laughing in happiness since he already figured out the reason why the teacher was here.

“Naruto, whoa--!”

Iruka awkwardly hugged the orange-clad ninja back, patting it a little before he let go. He blinked at their conditions, expecting them to be a lot worse off.

“Wow…it’s not even 24 hours after the start of the second phase, and you’re already here…!”

Naruto scanned the chakra signatures in the tower, automatically recognizing Kiba’s. He pouted. “That’s not fair! I wanted my team to be first!”

Iruka sweat dropped. “Well…that one Sand Team with the red-head came in first…around one hour after the exam started.”

Sasuke’s eyes widened slightly, and Naruto scowled. The same thought went through their minds. Sabaku no Gaara…

“Anyways…we chuunin are to welcome the examinees at the end of this Second Exam. I was given the duty to pass the three of you a message by chance. Everyone…congratulations on passing the Second Exam. I’d like to treat you to ramen at Ichiraku, but…”

Kouseki’s eye twitched. I think he forgot what the words ‘ramen’ does to baka-chan…

Naruto interrupted him by glomping him again. “ALL RIGHT!”

“Whoa, wait! Let me finish!” Naruto let go and stepped back, pouting.

“My other mission is to explain to you what the sign on the wall means…unless someone else here already knows what it means?” He looked pointedly at Akina. If Naruto were in her situation, he would have pointed to himself, blinking innocently.

Ever since Iruka tested Naruto on whether or not he could take the Chuunin Exam, Iruka had taken it upon himself to find out whatever he can about the quiet girl, and find out just who she was. This was a perfect opportunity to see just how skilled she was.

(“It seems that someone is interested in you, pup,”) chuckled Kouseki. Akina nodded and decided to oblige to her former sensei’s small request.

“This is Hokage-sama’s principal on what we should remember as chuunin. Heaven is the head of the person. Earth is the body. If you do not possess Heaven, gain knowledge by studying and be prepared. If you do not possess Earth, ‘run through the fields’ and train your body, seeking strength. If you have both Heaven and Earth, any dangerous missions will become safe…even easy if you train enough…the missing character symbolizes a chuunin.”

This was the most Akina has ever said at once, no matter how quietly she said it, and Iruka blinked at how clearly she explained the sign. It was also clear now that she was not going to talk anymore.

“…right. A chuunin is a commander-class. He has a duty to lead a team. Deeply inscribe into your heart the importance of knowledge and strength in missions. Never forget that chuunin principal, and go on to the next step. That’s all I was ordered to tell you.” He smiled at them all.

Naruto nodded and saluted to his big brother figure. “Yes sir!” Iruka’s gaze fell on him for a few moments before his worries got the better of him.

“But don’t push yourselves in the Third Exam. Especially you, Naruto…I’m worried about you the--”

“Iruka-sensei,” cut in Naruto, “When I got this Konoha hitai-ate, I graduated from the academy. You don’t have to worry. And this is the proof you gave me to show I’m not a child anymore, right Iruka-sensei? I’m not a kid anymore. Right now…I’m a ninja.”

The two stared at each other for a few more seconds before the chuunin nodded and smiled apologetically. “Sou ka…gomen, Naruto.”

The jinchuuriki just nodded in understanding, grinning again.

“Say…you wouldn’t happen to know what they big flame tornado was, did you? It was coming from this direction…almost everyone in the village saw it, and it took me 10 minutes to calm my class down, especially Konohamaru.”

Sasuke and Naruto pointed to Akina. The more energetic of the two explained the strange occurrence. “There were all these explosive tags around the forest,” here he waved his arms around as if it would give Iruka an idea of how many there were, “and when the hebi-teme tried to bite Sasuke-teme, Akina-chan got in the way and replaced herself with a log covered in more explosive tags, and he went ‘boom’! Akina-chan used her bloodline to make it a tornado! Man, I missed it!”

On the way to the tower, Kouseki re-told what had happened in the battle in the tower, half doing it for her own amusement at the cats’ reactions, and to explain what happened to Naruto, who was unconscious for the event.

Iruka blinked at the mention of Akina’s ‘bloodline’, and decided to think about it later.

“You have four days until the next phase. There are rooms upstairs—one for each team. Go ahead and get some rest. There are training rooms and a cafeteria elsewhere, so feel free to look around,” he paused, looking at them all again, “and good luck.”

Everyone nodded, and watched the scarred chuunin disappear in a puff of gray smoke.

Naruto smiled at his team. “Come on come on! I wanna go see our room and go explore the tower!” He grabbed Sasuke and Akina’s hands and pulled them through the door, dragging them upstairs. Sasuke attempted to get his arm back, but Naruto’s grip only got stronger, and he sighed silently, going along without another complaint.

They all skidded to a halt in front of a door that led to an empty room, and Naruto finally let go of his teammates’ hands and opened it.

Inside were three plain beds with small end tables next to each of them and a low table with three cushions. There was a balcony, and that was it. Naruto jumped onto the bed closest to the window, claiming it as his, while Sasuke took the one in the middle, putting his sleeping bag onto it.

(“Come on baka-chan. Didn’t you want to look around the tower?”) He nodded in response, dropping off his stuff as well. He made an attempt to grab his teammate’s hands again, but Sasuke pulled his back at the last moment, smirking at him.

“Not this time. I’d rather not have my arm torn off.”

Naruto pouted, and settled for grabbing only Akina’s hand before leading the way once again through the tower. Sasuke followed at a calmer pace with Kouseki, who was now snickering at Naruto’s sudden burst of energy.

As they made their way through the halls, Naruto avoided the room where Team Ten’s chakra signatures were, knowing that Ino needed time to think about what Akina had told her. He suddenly snickered inwardly when he thought about what the two boys had to put up with up there. I don’t want to be in their shoes…

They heard barking from the cafeteria (as it was now around noon), and Naruto decided to get some grub before continuing with his exploration. He let go of Akina’s hand as he opened the doors, immediately spotting Team Eight.

Kiba looked up from eating and waved slightly to them, quickly swallowing the food in his mouth. “Yo, you guys finally got here huh?”

The first thing Naruto did when he reached Kiba was smacking him in the back of the head. “Not everyone had it so easy!”

Kiba smirked at Naruto. “Or maybe it was because my team was more skilled than yours.”

Akina ignored the usual bantering between the two animalistic boys and walked over to Akamaru, who was still shaking from what he saw yesterday.

(“Blood…demonic…sand…”) He kept on repeating those words over and over again, gaining the attention of Sasuke, who had gotten some food while everyone else was greeting each other. He sat down at the table next to Team Eight’s.

“Sabaku no Gaara…”

“Yeah.”

Naruto smelled the food on Sasuke’s plate, stopping his argument with Kiba with a palm. “Hold it! I need food!”

With that, he ran over to the small buffet laid out by the kitchen area, with Kiba laughing behind him. Akina gave a reassuring pet to the small dog’s head before following Naruto’s example.

Kouseki sighed and lie down, putting her forearms protectively around the puppy. She picked him up by the scruff of his neck and put him on her front legs, lowering her head, completely covering Akamaru, yet giving him room to breath.

Hinata smiled at this sisterly side of the usually tough wolf. Shino just watched for a while before continuing with his salad. Naruto and Akina sat down at Sasuke’s table, digging in. Naruto, of course, chose to eat ramen (he had jumped into the air with happiness when he saw it).

Once Akina had taken a few bites, she tilted her head at Kiba, who on instinct knew that she wanted. His face turned serious.

“It was that red-head with the gourd. What he did back in the forest…” He stopped there, thinking back on the blood and gore, wrinkling his nose in disgust. Naruto was paying attention also, though he was still eating, even if it was quieter.

“It was a massacre. He totally destroyed those Rain ninja, and he didn’t even break a sweat.”

“Who didn’t break a sweat?” Everyone looked towards the door to see Team Ten walking inside, drawn by the smell of food after a stressful trip in the forest.

“So, the whole Rookie Nine made it by the second day…” said Kiba. Ino scowled and shook a fist at him. “Don’t doubt our team! Of course we made it! And don’t change the subject!”

Chouji had immediately gone for the small buffet, piling all the food he can get onto multiple dishes before balancing them and bringing them to a table next to the other teams, completing the triangle shape. Shikamaru had done the same, though he had gotten a considerably less amount.

When they all sat down, Naruto explained what Kiba had been talking about. “That Sand Team made it here in less than one hour, and completely scared Akamaru out of his wits! Kiba said the scene the red-head made was all bloody and gory and stuff!”

Ino scrunched up her face at the description before looking around a bit. “Say, where is the puppy?”

Naruto answered again, since the others were either too lazy to answer, too busy eating, didn’t want to answer, or were too quiet to be expected to answer. That left Naruto, who should have been eating his ramen, but he didn’t want Ino to get mad or anything.

He pointed down at the floor that was in between the three tables. “Down there. Kouseki-chan, lift your head a bit.”

The wolf grumbled for a bit before lifting her head, revealing a curled up and whimpering Akamaru. Ino peered at him before frowning. “It scared him that much?”

Kiba just muttered a little bit. “It’s because he can smell the guy’s chakra…”

“So I guess we should try to avoid him, right? How troublesome…”

Some of the others nodded at this, and Kouseki put her head back down.

Akina sensed that Ino had not taken any food and picked up an apple, tossing it to her. She caught it on reflex before blinking. Yamanaka Ino stared at the enigmatic girl, reminded about what she had said to her just about 30 minutes ago.

Kiba’s eyebrow rose ever so slightly, and Shikamaru just sighed in response, managing to get his meaning across without actually saying anything.

Ino frowned before biting into the apple, ending the tense staring. Akina’s head inclined a little, before she went back to eating. The others followed their example and soon the sound of Naruto’s slurping, Kiba’s gnawing, and Chouji’s chewing filled the room.

O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O

Naruto walked in front of the rest of his team, patting his stomach in contentment. Behind him walked Sasuke with his hands shoved into his pockets, and Akina was beside him. Kouseki brought up the rear.

“So…whatcha guys think of Gaara?”

“…I want to fight him.”

They got no response from Akina, and Naruto walked backwards to pout at her. “Come on Akina-chan! You were the one that showed us how to connect our minds, so you might as well use it by at least giving us an answer!”

Sasuke looked at her sideways, silently wanting an answer as well.

“…He seems lonely…”

Both boys blinked at her. That wasn’t exactly the kind of response they were expecting. They knew that she probably wasn’t going to be saying anything else, so they didn’t bother asking.

They reached the hallways that contained the doors to the training rooms and took a look inside the first one they found, and the first thing they noticed was the statue in the back of the room of hands in a hand seal. There were stairs to an upstairs section where people could view any fights.

(“We’re probably going to be fighting in the next round…”)

The kids nodded, silently agreeing that they would come back to the training rooms later.

Lady Okori

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:13 am
She's alive! She's alive and writing! Yay! *tackleglomp*
Four whole days? Why all the delays?
Ah, wairy interaction. Gotta find a way to work that into one of my own stories...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:43 pm
good, good! OHhh... that was so cool!! I've been trying to find a fan fiction that compares to xRyuuki's. I haven't. I'M HYPER ON AIR!!!! and really happy because i found this really cool necklace I had lost when I cleaned my room yesterday. It's the japanese/chinese (not sure) symbol for other boar, A.K.A. pig, my japanese zodiac.  

Maeve Avari

Lady Okori

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:06 pm
Hehe, yeahp, I'm alive people; I'm just sleep-deprived. But hopefully I can catch up on sleep next week...It's February Break! One week off, WHOO!

I'm pretty sure I'm a Sheep/Goat, if we went by the traditional Chinese New Year calender. That's being technical. Here in the US I'm a monkey. x3.

Yeah, weary interaction. I liked that scene the most in particular, especially the "not expected to answer" etc. statement.

Thank you for the compliments and for commenting, 3nodding .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:00 pm
lol, i'm supposed to be doing vocabulary. neh, i hate it!  

Maeve Avari

Maeve Avari

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:57 pm
OMG!!! 5 people voted!! how's this possible??  
Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games