Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
MY LIFE IS A BURNING BLACK ABYSS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NINJA SAD STYLE:
  BOO HOO NO JUTSU.
  STFU EMO NINJA.
View Results

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:07 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine

How well they write essays. /tongue in cheek
Exactly. I'm in a world-wide respected literature class. I'm with the "geniuses" and I made that simple mistake. I was nominated; practically begged to come into this English class. This class could be a one-way ticket into places like Harvard. And yet I made a mistake.

PROVES my point.

Which world-wide respected literature class? :O
By colleges, the IB Programme is a set of... I believe 7 classes? English, History, TOK, and Math and two-year classes. I am only taking the English and TOK, since I don't plan on going to a "big name" college. I'm going to a trade school, because that way I'll make shitloads more money as a result.

It's possible your school might not know about it. The schools that matter, do. If a school counselor is doing their job, they'll know that accepting students with IB certificates is a pretty well-known thing. A lot of people think it's just a piece of paper; which it is, which is why I don't plan on going for one. The damn thing costs 175 dollars; hardly an investment where I could achieve just as much without it. Since I don't plan on being a straight cut "business woman," I only accepted the class for my own learning benefit.

I've actually never heard of it, and I went to a snooty private school where Education Was Everything. Maybe I missed that day, or maybe it's not as popular over here.
Not so much. It's hard to find schools that provide it, and it's not talked about much unless you're in it. Schools recognize it, they don't go, "Hey, you should GO BACK and take IB" after the fact.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:08 pm
Captain Verd
Too bad you're getting Cs in all your other classes, otherwise they might actually consider you.

Lolz I forgot doctors and business men are so poor. I should call up my grandpa and ask him if he got all his money from being a plumber. Maybe he can direct me to some good hair salons where all the dough is stashed or something. rofl

Actually, plumbers are raking it in at the moment because they're in demand. Well, over here at least. If you own your own plumbing business, you're pretty much set for life.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:09 pm
Captain Verd
Too bad you're getting Cs in all your other classes, otherwise they might actually consider you.

Lolz I forgot doctors and business men are so poor. I should call up my grandpa and ask him if he got all his money from being a plumber. Maybe he can direct me to some good hair salons where all the dough is stashed or something. rofl
You don't know my grades, first of all, and second of all, I don't want to be in those schools.

Thirdly, they are doctors NOW. They BECAME doctors THEN. NOW, BECOMING a doctor will take 10 years, AFTER YOU'RE A DOCTOR, to FULLY pay your debts, if you weren't already rich. neutral You're a FOOL if you didn't know that. Do some goddamn research.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:10 pm
Shikalee
Not so much. It's hard to find schools that provide it, and it's not talked about much unless you're in it. Schools recognize it, they don't go, "Hey, you should GO BACK and take IB" after the fact.

But the people in it talk about it, as proved by you talking about it here. wink And I've never met a single person who was an IB student, which is strange because I've met a lot of smart people.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:10 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.

Pfft, Mensa. My mum qualified for that and she's a lowly theatre nurse. Sadly, she doesn't have money to burn so she couldn't join.

Then again, this is the internet, so my claims could be exaggerated. Which they aren't.
Do you even know what Mensa is? It has NOTHING to do with your job, or your grades in school. It also doesn't cost a lot to get in. It's hard to get into for another reason. Which I will tell you if you even know what it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:13 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
Your responses are cute, but pointless. No, I'm not in Mensa, but schools, worldwide, accept this certificate as an honor. Just because it's RESPECTED worldwide doesn't mean everyone in the world knows about it. It just means any of of the big schools will consider me over someone who did not take the class, simply because IB is of a much higher quality.

Pfft, Mensa. My mum qualified for that and she's a lowly theatre nurse. Sadly, she doesn't have money to burn so she couldn't join.

Then again, this is the internet, so my claims could be exaggerated. Which they aren't.
Do you even know what Mensa is? It has NOTHING to do with your job, or your grades in school. It also doesn't cost shitloads to get it. It's hard to get into for another reason. Which I will tell you if you even know what it is.

Duhhh, no, I'm talking about it when I have no idea what's involved.

Do I even need to answer that question? My mum's IQ is a high percentile (in the highest 2% of the population or something), so she qualifies. But the annual fees are bullshit because she's a single parent with a low-paying job.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:13 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

But the people in it talk about it, as proved by you talking about it here. wink And I've never met a single person who was an IB student, which is strange because I've met a lot of smart people.
So because you don't see it, it doesn't exist? lol Please.

A lot of it has to do with your state. Also, a lot of kids leave my school going straight into their profession. College is not required to run your own business. A few months at a trade school is. One of the students who left runs his own business now, which is getting rather big... You'd have to wait about 3 weeks before I can ask what company it is, because I honestly don't know.

Just because you, one small little morsel on this planet, have not experienced it, does not mean it does not exist. It clearly does, since it's plastered next to my school's logo.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:15 pm
Shikalee
Captain Verd

You don't know my grades, first of all, and second of all, I don't want to be in those schools.

Thirdly, they are doctors NOW. They BECAME doctors THEN. NOW, BECOMING a doctor will take 10 years, AFTER YOU'RE A DOCTOR, to FULLY pay your debts, if you weren't already rich. neutral You're a FOOL if you didn't know that. Do some goddamn research.
What are you talking about? It takes 8 years to get out of medical school and one year of being an intern to finally be a resident doctor. But you were only off a by a year, so it's okay.

Why would you be a doctor and a plumber at the same time?

As for the IB thing: I've heard of it. My guidance counselor told me about it when he suggested I get better grades so I could take the AP classes. But um, it's not much different than an AP class, and colleges don't really care unless you have stellar grades in it anyways. Assuming you're going to get into a top college just because you're taking an IB class is really naive.

And actually, you said yourself you did well in your sPeShUl ClAsSeS, but got Cs in your other ones. So you know, I was just going by what you said. Unless you were lying.

EDITTED for fun.  

Captain Verd

Captain Verd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:16 pm
Maybe the IB thing isn't in England or something. D:  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:16 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

A lot of it has to do with your state. Also, a lot of kids leave my school going straight into their profession. College is not required to run your own business. A few months at a trade school is. One of the students who left runs his own business now, which is getting rather big... You'd have to wait about 3 weeks before I can ask what company it is, because I honestly don't know.

Just because you, one small little morsel on this planet, have not experienced it, does not mean it does not exist. It clearly does, since it's plastered next to my school's logo.

When did I say -- or infer -- that it doesn't exist? Never.

Well, my state is Outside The US, so maybe that'd explain it. I'm just surprised if it's world-renowned.  

mofoslotmachine

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:17 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Do you even know what Mensa is? It has NOTHING to do with your job, or your grades in school. It also doesn't cost shitloads to get it. It's hard to get into for another reason. Which I will tell you if you even know what it is.

Do I even need to answer that question? My mum's IQ is a high percentile (in the highest 2% of the population or something), so she qualifies. But the annual fees are bullshit because she's a single parent with a low-paying job.
Oooh, so you can use the internet. Whatever.

Mensa rules people on the highest 98th percentile. These individuals are asked to join Mensa. YOU CAN be part of Mensa WITHOUT living there. You don't have to join their little Eureka to be part of it, and you don't have to be rich. The guy who wrote the Eragon books wasn't rich, but they practically begged him to join. NOW he's rich, but all of that occurred before he wrote the books. They boy was home schooled, graduated very early, and consumed his time into writing those books.

I'm pretty unconvinced by your story, because over 170 IQ does not usually also include a shitty job. If you're smart, you can do high end jobs. I don't know what her strengths are, but if they are memory, she can learn anything. If it's math, she can be anything having to do with mathematics. If she exceeds in art she could be richer than sin.

People with high IQs succeed.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:19 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

Mensa rules people on the highest 98th percentile. These individuals are asked to join Mensa. YOU CAN be part of Mensa WITHOUT living there. You don't have to join their little Eureka to be part of it, and you don't have to be rich. The guy who wrote the Eragon books wasn't rich, but they practically begged him to join. NOW he's rich, but all of that occurred before he wrote the books. They boy was home schooled, graduated very early, and consumed his time into writing those books.

I'm pretty unconvinced by your story, because over 170 IQ does not usually also include a shitty job. If you're smart, you can do high end jobs. I don't know what her strengths are, but if they are memory, she can learn anything. If it's math, she can be anything having to do with mathematics. If she exceeds in art she could be richer than sin.
How extremely rude of you to assume her mom isn't intelligent because she doesn't work a high paying job.  

Captain Verd

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

People with high IQs succeed.

You do realise that what job you end up with is affected by more than IQ, right? There's are these little things called motivation, hard work, and interests that quite often influence your career. My mum is very intelligent, but she didn't want to stay in education so she got her grades and started training as a nurse. That also ties into her interests, since she was more interested in helping people straight off (and earning money right away, since she married young) rather than spending five years studying further.

I never said a shitty job. If you want to tell theatre nurses that their jobs are shitty, then wow, I hope you never end up on the operating table.

Eragon sucked, by the way.

Edit: Also, living where? I REALISE she can join without moving, but what part of "annual fees" is difficult to understand?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:22 pm
Captain Verd
Shikalee
Captain Verd

What are you talking about? It takes 8 years to get out of medical school and one year of being an intern to finally be a resident doctor. But you were only off a by a year, so it's okay.

Why would you be a doctor and a plumber at the same time?

As for the IB thing: I've heard of it. My guidance counselor told me about it when he suggested I get better grades so I could take the AP classes. But um, it's not much different than an AP class, and colleges don't really care unless you have stellar grades in it anyways. Assuming you're going to get into a top college just because you're taking an IB class is really naive.

And actually, you said yourself you did well in your sPeShUl ClAsSeS, but got Cs in your other ones. So you know, I was just going by what you said. Unless you were lying.

EDITTED for fun.
Going to college costs how much? :]
Go ahead. Or do you not know? What is the average cost of the entire schooling of a doctor. Guess.

It isn't much different. But it has a name, and that was my point. It also is more difficult than an AP class. And no, it doesn't JUST get you into a top school, moron. I said that assuming the person in question had put serious effort into the classes. One of my IB classes is an A+, the other a B. So no. I am not one of those people, because in my personal opinion, those schools are no better than regular universities. A LOT of graduated from Harvard have said that the EDUCATION of that school is even rivaled by some good community colleges.

That was over a month ago. Grades change, you know.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:25 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

When did I say -- or infer -- that it doesn't exist? Never.

Well, my state is Outside The US, so maybe that'd explain it. I'm just surprised if it's world-renowned.
Then why argue the point?

It's in progress. So it's not on the news or something fancy. It's not a BIG name, like the others. But big schools recognize it.

That wasn't even my point, though. Your disbelief that it even existed, or was even important or recognized, or whatever completely threw the topic out of sync. I SAID, that I made a typo, but I'm in a DIFFICULT English class, that DEMANDS good writing. MY point, was that I was a key example that typos have NOTHING to do with one's ABILITY to write. YES, there are DUMB people who couldn't pass the CAHSEE. But not everyone who aced the damn thing never make typos.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff