Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:22 pm
While you're packing to move out and you significant other looks you in the face and asks "how many naked sheep are running around because of you?!"  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 pm
...Sheep are nervous around you.
...You singlehandly support an entire family of cotton farmers.
... You haven't bought a sweater in three years because you could knit or crochet the same thing cheaper.
... People ask what kind of cell phone you have, when all you did was decorate yours.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:45 pm
When your nalgene floods your backpack and your more upset about the half finished sleeve of a wool sweater than the pulpy mess that used to be your history notes

When you've run out of craft projects you can give to family/friends without repeating yourself

When you know you can finish 4 afghan squares if you watch an episode of House, or put another two inches on a sleeve

When you pull apart something you made when you first started crafting because you can make it so much better now.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:16 pm
Scaramouche Fandango
... You haven't bought a sweater in three years because you could knit or crochet the same thing cheaper.

... You see this and wonder where the poster a) buys her yarn and b) shops, since the only place that you've seen for making a sweater cheaper then you can buy it was when you looked in macy's and saw a wool sweater, and the only reason that it would be cheaper to make it is because you have a friend who raises sheep for spinning wool.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

chunkymonkey3991

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 1:49 pm
When you make your friends a felt scottie dog for his birthday and by the time you get back from school 7 other people have asked you to make them one and all are willing to pay.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:09 pm
Your boyfriend makes a pantomime of shooting up or lighting a joint every time you pull into the driveway of a yarn store >.<

(he's gettin' it for that little trick...)  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:35 pm

...the only boy who goes there... (well to that spacific store...but that still sad lol ninja ) crying

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 6:25 pm
-When you actually see a mass produced crochet sweater and first though it "I dont care if its ugly, it crocheted!" and your second thought is, "why does it have a knit collar, anyway?"

- when you start teaching all your ladnladys grandkids to crochet, so as to spread the insanity (despite the fact they be only 5, 7, and 10 years of age. The 5 year old tries so hard! Its soooo cute!)

- your landlady becomes convinced you crochet to much, its got to be bad for your health, when shes a ex-crocheter and knitter, and still quilts!! (only gave the other two due to time).

-when your main concern in moving in 4 weeks half way cross country is "is there enough room in my car for my yarn?"

-when knowing your moving back to your current residence in 4 months, you ask your land lady if you can store a desk and some yarn and a sewing machine in her attic, because its all repeats of whats at home, anyways. xd  

Silver Mist

Mangolyn

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:14 am
you've taught more people to knit than you've known the names of.

you keep thinking "I should learn to spin" because both you and your wonderfully soft cat shed...a lot.

a dearly-beloved relative with lots of pretty, shiny things and shoes in your size passes on, and you choose their knitting patterns and needles to inherit. Of course, that might be because there's something special about a person's knitting tools, too.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:14 pm
Mangolyn
Of course, that might be because there's something special about a person's knitting tools, too.

I totally agree with you on that. I inherited my grandmother's sheers, and they mean so much more than anything else could...

- you can walk from one side of campus to the other, knitting the sleeve of a sweater without making a mistake or running into anything/one

-when you do the above and the one comment is from you roommate. "That can't be good for you..."

- the friend you keep hauling to the LYS knows it's inventory better than you do because she wanders around bored while you stand their drooling over the pattern books... and the yarn... and the fabric... and the knittin' kitten t-shirt that's more expensive than it ought to be but so cool looking...  

Blue-eyes-green

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:35 pm
When you drop more then two hundred dollars for yarn and needles just so you will have them when your figure out what you are going to do with them.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:09 pm
You walk up to your mother with an arm load of knitting supplies and she says, "that's all your getting?"  

nax is back

Kumiko21

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 9:43 pm
you pass around crafting books during a wedding shower......and they were not gifts!  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:21 pm
When you start mentally undressing people, undoing the seams, taking measurements from each 2x2 rib, unraveling each lace pattern, take note of the material... Write your findings on any available piece of paper (chem exam lol ) and start searching for the correct materials!  

AngwyMallard

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:08 am
nax is back
You walk up to your mother with an arm load of knitting supplies and she says, "that's all your getting?"

This is my mothers reaction when I only buy one packet of beads that day. xd  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces