Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!
The Missing Uchiha {PART 1} [complete] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you reading my fiction? (people count!!)
  Yep (+1)
View Results

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:53 pm
This chapter is really short compared to all my others but oh well....

Chapter 17: Katon

Solari woke up the next morning with her curse mark burning. When she checked it in the mirror though, it wasn’t visible. From the 5 years she had this curse mark, she knew that and unsealed mark was only visible when it was active. But her mark wasn’t visible.

Senshi burst in to her room. “Solari-chan, I need you to come with me, something is wrong with Sasuke-kun.” They ran out of the room and into Sasuke’s room. Sasuke’s curse mark was spreading, despite the seal Kakashi put on it.

“This shouldn’t be happening. Kakashi sealed the mark.” She reached into Sasuke’s mind like she had in the forest. The very first thing she saw was Orochimaru’s face. You cannot escape this. He was saying. I can give you power. You want revenge, I can help you.

Solari managed to pull out this time. She tried to shake Sasuke awake. The curse mark started to recede and Sasuke opened his eyes. Solari sighed in relief.

“Solari-chan, finish up here then come back to your room so I can change you bandages.” Senshi left the room.

“Sasuke, you have to be careful. I heard what Orochimaru was saying to you and I can tell you now that it is all a lie. If you seek Orochimaru he will take away everything and you will die without ever achieving your goal.”

“How do you know all this?”

“Because,” She sat down nest to his bed, “I spent a whole year in his Sound village. I didn’t know what was going on, but when I found out I left that village and came back here.”

“So that’s your screwed up past?”

“Yeah it is. It gets more complicated but I won’t go into it now.” She looked at her watch. “Do you think you could be ready to meet Kakashi in 30 minutes? I have to get my bandages changed then Senshi-san said she would cover for us.”

He got out of bed. “Yeah I can be ready. Do you want to meet me back here?”

“Sure.” Solari left the room and went to get her bandages changed.

As Senshi was unwrapping Solari’s arm she asked, “Is Sasuke-kun going with you?”

Solari nodded. “Kakashi wants to train us before the third part of the Chunin Exam.” She expected Senshi to say ‘be careful’ or ‘watch your arm’ or anything else like that, but her response somewhat shocked Solari.

“I’m letting you two leave the hospital before you have been cleared. You better become a chunin.”

Solari smiled, as Senshi turned to leave the room Solari turned to face her. “Senshi-san,” Senshi turned to face her, “thank you.”

She returned to Sasuke’s room to find him standing by the open window.
“You read my mind.” She went over to the window and began to climb out of it.

There was a knock on the door. “Sasuke-kun, you have two visitors here.” It wasn’t Senshi on the other side of that door, so Solari knew they were in trouble. She jumped out the window and motion to Sasuke to hurry.

He didn’t need telling twice, the door handle began to turn and he jumped out. As the door opened the Uchihas jumped to the next building and hid around a corner.

Solari turned back and looked in the window. Sakura and Ino were there with a very frantic looking nurse.

“It’s just Sakura and Ino,” she said. They turned their backs on the hospital and headed towards the peak Kakashi had indicated the other day.

When they got there Kakashi was nowhere to be seen. Solari sat down against a boulder. “Knowing Kakashi, I’d say we have about 2 or 3 hours to just sit here.”

“Lets not have that go to waste. Stand up and get behind me, I want to show you something.”

Solari stood up and went over to him.

“This,” he said, “is the basic ninjutsu for an Uchiha. You need to learn this so watch closely.” He did a series of hand signs (Snake, Tiger, Monkey, Boar, Horse, Tiger.) Katon! Goukakyuu no Jutsu! A giant ball of fire covered the peak of the mountain. Sasuke held it out for 30 seconds then let it fade away.

“That was amazing,” Solari said, staring at the spot where the fireball had just been.

“Try it now,” Sasuke said stepping back. “While doing the hand signs, concentrate your chakra in you chest, then release it all at once while thinking: Katon, Goukakyuu no Jutsu. It should be easy for you. I mastered it in 1 week when I was 7, right now you have 5 more years of experience as a ninja then I did then.”

Solari nodded and stepped forward. She concentrated her chakra in her chest and waited for it to build up. When she couldn’t hold it any longer she did the hand signs. Katon! Goukakyuu no Jutsu! She let out the chakra in a quick burst. A fireball was created that was slightly smaller than Sasuke’s and it only lasted about 10 seconds.

Sasuke look very impressed. “Wow, I knew you would get it, but that was amazing. It took me 5 years to make a fireball that size.”

Solari felt somewhat drained from the amount of chakra she had used, but she was pleased with herself all the same. “I think if I do that one more time I will have no energy for when Kakashi comes, if that ever happens. Now if you will excuse me.” She sat down against the boulder again, propped her arm that was in the sling over herself and closed her eyes.

I think I may have found someone who can compete with my container. She heard Sasuke think. This startled her because she was not even trying to hear his thoughts.

Oh Sasuke, you haven’t seen everything yet. She thought to herself. She heard a little laugh and opened her eyes to see Sasuke staring at her.

“I haven’t seen everything, huh?” he said eyeing her suspiciously.
“I said that to myself. How did you hear it?”

“I don’t know but it was as loud and clear as a bell to me. And you heard what I thought too.”

“That’s weird. Now I’m going to sleep. Wake me up when Kakashi gets here.”

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:14 pm
Erm, can you please explain Sasuke's last thought? His container? I don't understand. I get the fact that he might have found someone that he can compete with, though...although, that was originally Naruto, so don't forget about that.

Senshi doesn't really seem like your average healer. sweatdrop . At least Tsunade isn't Hokage at this time, or else she'd really get in trouble, since she would be in charge of the Hospital.

You lucked out this time, Senshi...xD.

Lady Okori

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:14 am
i love senshi....at first i was considering not creating her but she is really cool and i'm glad i did.......

Yeah Naruto is the person who really competes with Sasuke container...but sasuke is thinking that she could help him kill Itachi....he does want kill him himself but she could help him find Itachi then he will be fine with that.....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:25 am
Err...Sasuke container? What about that? Is it Orochimaru interfering with his thoughts and making him call himself a container? Or did Sasuke finally go insane and refer to himself in third person?

I think your post got cut off right there, sweatdrop .

Lady Okori

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:17 pm
kk in the anime during the flashbacks of when Itachi killed all the Uchihas there was a quick snippet and it went something like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke: Why did you do this?
Itachi: To measure my container.
Sasuke: Is that it? You just wanted to see what you were capable of.
*More insignificant suff i can't remember here*
Itachi: I think that you are the one capable of truly competing with my container......
(Subbed by Dattebayo.....in some others the words are drastically different)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

that is just basically what i can remember so alot of it is probably wrong....but anyway Sasuke is refering to how Solari might have the same capabilities as him and that she may be able to use the Mangekyo Sharingan...they already have alot of the same skills and she was able to produce a substantial fireball on her first try, so she is very powerful.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:52 am
Interesting... So the "container" thing is like a measure of his power?
And so they wait patiently for Kakashi.  

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:49 pm
I'm still "grounded" and i can't write any more of this fiction.....it is torture cause i ended on a semi-cliff hanger and i haven't even figured out for myself what happens in this chapter......i know exactally what happens after chapter 25......but just that one chpater i'm at a total block.....i really hope that Gaia doesn't catch up to my story it would feel like too much pressure to write and post immediately....

oh and before when i was talking about writing her going temporarily crazy, that's in this chapter but i toned it down alot....in fact you may not notice it....

Chapter 18: Spying and Discoveries

Kakashi came two hours later and woke Solari up. He didn’t seem to mind that she had spent the time sleeping. Sasuke was also sitting on the ground but it didn’t seem like he had slept, more just sat on the ground brooding.

“I see you two had fun waiting for me.”

“We really did.” Solari caught Sasuke’s eye as she said this and they smiled slightly.

Kakashi looked confused but decided to ignore it. “Alright, the thing I want to teach you may be easier for Sasuke to learn because it has to be used with the Sharingan, that is, if you have it. But it does make it much easier.”

Oh right, only Sakura knows that I have the Sharingan. She looked Kakashi in the eye. “I want to learn it, is this what you were talking about that would make it easier to kill Neji.”

Kakashi looked worried. “Yes it is. But Solari, you have to give this up. Hinata is fine, Neji isn’t worth your innocence. The moment you kill for the first time, you are forever changed.”

She put her right hand on her hip, being unable to use her left. “You think that I’m not anything like Sasuke, don’t you? I want revenge as well.” She thought of everyone in the Sound village who had betrayed her trust, mostly of Kin and Orochimaru. “I’m anything but innocent now.”

Kakashi looked at her and sighed. “In any case, this jutsu requires two working arms, which you don’t have. You can watch me show Sasuke, but after that I have something else for you to do.”

“Hai.”

He turned towards Sasuke. “This jutsu is called the chidori. It involves concentrating all your chakra in your hand and releasing it in one shot on your opponent. If you hit your opponent in a critical spot it will kill them instantly.” He lifted his forehead protector to reveal his Sharingan. He then held his right hand down towards the ground and grabbed his lower arm with his left hand. His right hand started to glow and his cakra become visible. He ran at the stone and blew a giant hole in it.

Sasuke had activated his Sharingan while watching this in order to copy it. “That jutsu was so powerful.”

Kakashi nodded in acknowledgement at what Sasuke had said. “Solari, now that you have seen it, I promise you that I will teach you when your arm is better. In the mean time I want you to go and observe Shino. Besides gaining power, the best way to win is to know your opponent. But don’t get caught. If I know Kurenai, she will not be happy with someone spying on them.”

“Hai Kakashi.” She turned and left in search of Shino.

I should head to the forest, they are probably in their normal training spot. She jumped from building to building towards the forest one the other side of the village. Fortunately for her, they were in their normal training space.

Hinata wasn’t there, she was still in the hospital. Well without her Byakugan to watch the area, all I have to worry about is Kiba smelling me. She settled herself in a tree and watched. She didn’t know much about Shino, plus she missed his match in the preliminaries. So for her, all this information was new.

Kiba and Kurenai were standing on either side of the clearing with Shino in the middle. Kiba and Akamaru ran at Shino and attacked at the same time as Kurenai. When they were done Shino was on the ground, it looked like he had been beat. Then all of a sudden he turned into a group of bugs. The real Shino appeared behind Kurenai and tried to punch her. She stopped him with her hand and he stepped on the ground.

“Good job Shino. I have to admit, even I was tricked by that bug clone.”

Shino tried to punch Kurenai again. “You never said stop, you let your guard down.” She jumped out of the way and ran into the trees opposite Solari. Shino then kicked Kiba, but missed. Kiba ran into the bushes right under Solari.

Oh no! Solari tried to run but she couldn’t move. She saw Kiba look up.

“What are you doing here?” he yelled at her.

Kurenai and Shino ran over to them.

“Wow, I’m very impressed. So, it’s Uchiha Solari right? I’m guessing Kakashi sent you here.” Solari tired to get away, but her feet wouldn’t move.

“It’s pointless trying to get away. I noticed you were here as soon as you picked that tree. I sent bugs to immobilize you.”

Solari looked down. There were bugs all over her feet.

“Those bugs will suck out your chakra is you try to use any jutsus to escape.”

She felt pain from her left shoulder. This is really bad. She put a hand over the mark, but made it seem like she was rubbing her injury. “I suggest you let me leave. Otherwise I might do something drastic.”

“I would like to see that, you have seen what I can do, let’s see what you can do.”

“Fine, just do me a favor and don’t tell anyone I showed you this.” She placed her right hand over the bugs. I can’t believe I’m about to do this. She focused on concentrating her chakra to her hand. The curse mark began to spread down her arm. If I overload the bugs with chakra, they will be forced to release me. As the power of the curse mark flowed through her she directed it towards the bugs.

“What are you doing?” Shino was clearly scared, he could sense that the bugs did not like what was happening.

Solari smiled. “I’m showing you what I can do. Isn’t that what you wanted to see?”

“But what are you doing?” Kiba shouted. “Akamaru is shaking almost as bad as when we saw that Sabuku no Gaara kid in the Forest of Death.”

The bugs released her and she stood up. “That wasn’t even my full power. If your dog is shaking that bad now, well,” she laughed, and the other three looked scared. “Let’s just hope I’m not forced to show you my true potential.”

Kurenai looked into her eyes, she looked scared and fascinated. “The Sharingan.”

Solari smiled and ran off. I’m going to take advantage of the fact that my Sharingan is activated. She extended her hearing to try to find other teams. She found Shikamaru and Choji and headed in that direction.
Choji was rolling at Shikamaru who was trying to stop him with his shadow possession.

She watched Shikamaru very closely. His ability was not a kekki genkai, this meant she could copy it. He made a hand sign and said, “Kagemane no Jutsu!” His shadow extended and attached to Choji who immediately began to slow down. Very quickly, Choji came to a halt and stood facing Shikamaru. Feeling like she had seen enough, Solari headed back to Kakashi and Sasuke.

When she got back, Sasuke was attempting the chidori again. She sat and watched him until Kakashi noticed she was there.

He stared at her. “What have you been doing? You have the Sharingan activated.”

“I didn’t just get the Sharingan, don’t worry. I’ve had it for a while but I don’t know how to use it.”

“How come you never told me about this?”

At this point, Sasuke realized what they were talking about. He stopped and looked into her eyes.

“Well, I got the Sharingan at the same time as I got the curse mark. So when the curse mark was sealed, so was the Sharingan.”

Kakashi was silent for some time, and then he finally spoke up. “That would explain why you didn’t want me to seal the curse mark, I get it now. Well this makes it much easier to teach you the chidori.” He indicated for the three of them to sit down. They all sat down and he continued to talk. “You both need to learn to not take the Sharingan so lightly. Solari, tell me what you did when you activated your Sharingan just now.”

“I figured I should take advantage of it. Sense I don’t know how to use it, I try to take advantage of it when it gets activated. I went to find some other people training to see if I could copy what they were doing.”

“Did you find anyone?”

“I did. I found Shikamaru and Choji. I’m not sure what happens when you copy a jutsu but I know I watched him perform his Kagemane no Jutsu.”

“You know that you have copied a jutsu when you try to do it again and you subconsciously know exactly what to do. Get up and try to use Shikamaru’s jutsu on me.”

Kakashi and Solari stood up and faced each other. Kakashi pulled out a kunai knife and faced off with her.

“I’m going to put you in a pressure situation. But I’ll go easy on you because this is the first time you have ever tried this jutsu. But if you fail to reach me then I will throw this at you. Don’t forget, I’m a jounin. I don’t miss.”

Solari tried to calm herself down. I need to get this, I seriously doubt that he will throw that kunai at me but I should still try to get this right. She concentrated on summoning her chakra to the bottom of her feet. If the shadow I’m trying to manipulate is near my feet then that is where I should concentrate my chakra. She imitated the hand signs Shikamaru used. Wow, Kakashi was right, it is subconscious. And then she said, “Kagemane no Jutsu!” The shadow at the base of her feet began to extend. Focusing on Kakashi, she directed the shadow towards him. It reached towards him and stopped less than a foot away from his feet. She tried to push it farther but it wouldn’t go. Her curse mark began to spread and the shadow reached closer. Yes! It’s working, just a little more. She forced the curse mark to spread farther and it connected with Kakashi.

“Well I’d say you understand how to use a copied jutsu.” At that point she lost control of the jutsu and the connection was broken.

“I did it!” she shouted.

Kakashi threw the kunai knife at her. Not prepared for this, Solari barely dodged it. She saw two more coming at her and did a back flip to avoid them. When she was in the air she saw four more. This time she was not so lucky. She dodged two of the kunai, the third barely missed her bandaged arm. The fourth was thrown off track by the sling on her left arm and cut her side.

She landed on the ground, scowling at Kakashi. “What was that for?”

“The way you forced that jutsu to reach me.”

“What was wrong with it? I got the jutsu to reach you didn’t I?”

“You used the curse mark.”

“So what?” She looked down at the spot where the kunai had cut her. The cut was bleeding. Damn-it, Senshi-san is not going to be happy about this.

Sasuke looked at her. “I’ve never heard you swear before.”

“You heard that?”

“Of course I did.”

Kakashi look at the two of them. “What’s going on? Solari didn’t say anything.”

The Uchihas looked each other in the eye.

“Uhhh,” Solari wasn’t quite sure what to say. “We don’t really know yet.”

Kakashi looked at them suspiciously. “Well, why don’t we be finished for the day? Come back at the same time tomorrow.”

They nodded and left. They headed back into the village and Solari headed in the direction of the hospital. Sasuke turned into the opposite direction.

“Where are you going?”

“Oh please, do you actually think that if I go back there I have any hope of leaving again in the morning?”

“Good point. Well I’ll see you tomorrow.”

Sasuke didn’t respond, but he continued to walk away.

Solari turned away from him and headed towards the hospital.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:40 pm
I think the admins are messing with the font colors, since the poll and page number sections are now in black. Hmm.

Anyways, that was kind of...dirty. I didn't think Kakashi would sink that low. He only let Sasuke copy Lee's style since he had experience with Gai, Sasuke already copied the Shadow Dance (or part of it), and the fact that he needed that speed for the fight against Gaara. Purposely copying and spying on your fellow Leaf-nin seems dirty, especially since it's Kakashi, who's all about loyalty.

What's up with that? He could just make Solari go to the library and learn what she could on the clan in general, and then estimate what Shino could do by asking around or something. Weren't Sakura and Naruto there to watch Shino fight?

The telepathic thing seems to stem from the fact that they both have the Cursed Seal, since they only started heard each other's thoughts once Solari's seal became unsealed, and Sasuke's was sealed. Weird reasoning, but it works...kind of.

This is out of topic, but I'm excited about getting Pokemon Diamond for the Nintendo DS, ahaha, xD. Yeah, I know, I'm kind of a gamer girl. But ah well. Now all I have to worry about is finishing my math homework and my term project for Biology...gah.

Lady Okori

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:42 pm
well reading about the clan helps but it would be no where near as helpful as actually seeing Shino in action.....but she only does it once

and i was waiting for someone to mention the telepathic thing....yes it does come partly from the seals (because they have the same kind) but the connection never would've been made if Solari hadn't tried to listen onto Sasuke's thoughts while the curse mark was still becoming active (the beginining of chapter 13)

.......and also in chapter 13 solari says: "remind me to send him a thank you card..." (talking to Kin about Orochimaru...) she really should (lol), without him the whole connection would've been impossible

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:55 pm
Oh, is that why they can read each other's thoughts? It makes sense.

Send him a thank you card? I can just imagine Orochimaru's frustrated face when he realized what he did. "ARGH!!!!" xD.

Lady Okori

Ichibi-No-Gaara

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:38 am
xxrokixx
kk in the anime during the flashbacks of when Itachi killed all the Uchihas there was a quick snippet and it went something like this:

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sasuke: Why did you do this?
Itachi: To measure my container.
Sasuke: Is that it? You just wanted to see what you were capable of.
*More insignificant suff i can't remember here*
Itachi: I think that you are the one capable of truly competing with my container......
(Subbed by Dattebayo.....in some others the words are drastically different)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

that is just basically what i can remember so alot of it is probably wrong....but anyway Sasuke is refering to how Solari might have the same capabilities as him and that she may be able to use the Mangekyo Sharingan...they already have alot of the same skills and she was able to produce a substantial fireball on her first try, so she is very powerful.....

He actaully said Capacity but eventhe subbed episodes have mistakes so no harm  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:04 pm
sorry I havn't been reading, but now I'm all up to date. It's only gotten me more into it. thanx^.^  

Maeve Avari

R0KI

Dangerous Genius

2,150 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:25 pm
yeah Leon!!!...kk ne way this is probably the last chapter this week cause i'm going out of town and i don't know if i'll have internet..also i started writing chapter 25 but i'm having a huge block...it's all one big fight because right after or during that chapter starts the Konoha invasion so its all fighting which is one of my two weaknesses (fighting and romance...)

Key:
Solari and Sasuke's thoughts (sometimes connected)
(Japanese translation)

Chapter 19: The Connection

Solari snuck back in to the hospital through her window. When she got there, Senshi was sitting on the bed waiting for her.

“Sorry I’m late Senshi-san.” She cringed at the look Senshi gave her when she said this.

“You were supposed to be back a whole hour ago, plus Sasuke-kun isn’t back. Everyone was panicking.”

“I thought you said that no one would come in here.” The cut from Kakashi seared and she grasped it with her free hand.

Senshi got up and walked over to her. “I said no one would come into your room, but I wasn’t able to do anything about Sasuke-kun. I did try though.” She moved Solari’s hand and scowled at the deep cut. “What were you doing?”

“Oh, I uh,” she quickly thought up an excuse for why Kakashi had thrown the kunai at her. “Today I was practicing defensive stuff.”

“Defensive stuff?” It was clear Senshi did not believe her.

“Yeah, defensive stuff. Like dodging kunai knifes and stuff like that.”

Senshi shook her head in a disproving manner. “Oh well, just be more careful next time. I’ll bandage this up, but at the rate your going you will be in a full body cast by the end of the month.” She took Solari’s arm out of the sling and began to unwrap it.

They were silent the rest of the time. Senshi rewrapped Solari’s arm as well as the cut on her side. She put the sling back on and stood up.

“Are you going to sleep here, or are you just coming back in the morning and night.”

Solari shrugged. “I guess I can stay here overnight. It won’t hurt.”

“That’s great.” She walked over to the door and opened it. “Well, I’ll see you in the morning Solari-chan.”

Solari laid down on her bed. She didn’t try to get to sleep though. She was too busy thinking about what had happened with Sasuke.

I understand being able to hear what Sasuke was thinking, but how could he hear what I was thinking? It would be too much of a coincidence if his curse mark gave him the same abilities I have. Plus his mark is sealed. But maybe the fact that we both have the same type of curse mark does have some. She sat bolt up right, remembering what had happened during the second part of the Chunin Exam. That time I tried to get in his mind. I couldn’t pull out and I felt this strange connection with him.

With who?

Sasuke?

Yeah.

Do you understand this at all?

Not really.

Hmph, you’re a lot of help.
She got out of bed and looked out the window, Sasuke wasn’t there. Where are you?

At home.

I’m in the hospital. We’re on opposite sides of the village.
When Sasuke had no response she continued. How did you get into my mind anyway?

I was just thinking about how that happened earlier today and the next thing I knew I was hearing you thoughts.

Do you know how to stop it?

No. I figured you would. This is your fault isn’t it? Anyway, what are you so worried about?

Solari decided to ignore the blame Sasuke put on her. I don’t know how to block the connection. But I don’t think we should do this that often, at least until we understand it more. I’m going to try to block you out. Then I’m going to sleep. Solari attempted to sever the connection that had sprung up between them by visually putting a wall up in her mind. Feeling like she had done the best she could to cut off the connection between them, she lowered the mental wall and went to sleep.

Solari woke up at sunrise the next morning to find Sasuke sitting outside her window. She walked over to the window and opened it.

“What are you doing here this early?” she asked him.

I never got to sleep.

Solari immediately focused on blocking Sasuke out like she had done the other night. “I thought I told you not to do that too much. We don’t understand it yet.”

Sasuke was silent for a moment. Then he smiled. “So, you found a way to block the connection. How?”

“It’s actually really simple. You just focus on not letting anyone into your mind. Just set up a mental defense. I think if we practice it enough it should become second nature. Or at least, that’s my goal.”

The door opened and Senshi came in with breakfast for Solari. She saw Sasuke and smiled. “Have you had breakfast yet Sasuke-kun? I can bring you some.”

Sasuke looked startled that she was not angry about him sneaking out the other day. His response to her was a noncommittal shrug.

Taking this as a yes, Senshi left the room to go get more food.

Solari headed towards the tray Senshi had left. She hadn’t eaten dinner last night, so she was very hungry. “This is probably the only reason I’m still staying in the hospital, free food.” She laughed slightly. “Why don’t you come in? Don’t worry about Senshi-san, she’s covering for me when I leave to go train. She tried to help you to but she couldn’t. She won’t tell anyone you’ve been here.”

Sasuke came in and sat down. Moments later, Senshi came in with another tray of food.

“Seeing as both of you are here and awake, I’d take it you are going to leave early for training. Am I right?”

The Uchihas looked at each other. After a slightly awkward silence, Sasuke finally responded.

“That would probably be a good idea.”

“In that case, I think I should change your bandages early today.”

“Alright.”

Solari continued to eat with her right arm while Senshi changed the bandages on her left arm. When her entire arm was unwrapped Sasuke stopped eating and looked at her wound. It was still fairly deep and didn’t look very pleasant.

“I was wondering what was wrong with you arm.”

Solari looked at Sasuke and smiled. “I blew it up during the preliminary rounds of the Chunin Exam. It may not look like it, but that actually saved my life.”

“I won’t ask how.” Sasuke turned back to his food and pushed it away from him. “I’m not hungry any more.”

Solari laughed. “That’s a reasonable reaction.”

Senshi finished wrapping Solari’s arm back up. Solari and Sasuke got up and headed to the window.

“Be back earlier than yesterday,” Senshi said.

“I can’t guarantee anything,” Solari said with a little wave, and she headed toward the mountain peak with Sasuke.

They got there earlier than normal which meant only one thing: they had to wait longer for Kakashi.

“While we wait, why don’t you practice the jutsu I showed you yesterday?” Sasuke said, sitting down against a rock.

“Alright.” Solari set herself up facing away from Sasuke, just incase she wasn’t as lucky as she was yesterday. She made the hand signs and concentrated all her chakra in her chest. Katon! Goukakyuu no Jutsu! Yesterday wasn’t just luck. This time she produced an even larger ball of fire. Unfortunately, it didn’t last as long as the other one.

She looked at Sasuke. He had an inscrutable look on his face so she decided to try again. This time she let out the chakra as a stream, slowly letting out more and more. This way she could build up more chakra as she released it. The fireball was much bigger and had lasted even longer than Sasuke’s had when he showed her. When she looked at Sasuke this time, he was clearly very impressed.

“Well?” she asked, unnecessarily.

Sasuke was silent for a moment then he crossed his arms and looked disappointed. “You could do much better than that.”

“Admit it, you’re impressed.”

Sasuke was silent.

He’s jealous, it’s so obvious. Solari thought with a grin.

I am not!

I thought I said not to do that anymore!

So? You’re doing it right now.

Realizing he was right, she immediately switched back to speaking out loud. “But I’m not anymore, now get out of my head.” She felt him break the connection and sighed with relief and began practicing the jutsu she had copied from Shikamaru on a rock. Today, she was determined not to use the curse mark.

Kakashi came at the scheduled time, which startled Solari and Sasuke very much.

“You’re on time, wow.”

Sasuke stared at him. “Why are you on time?”

“Oh no reason, I just figured that we could get more in if I came a little earlier.”

“Why don’t you do that all the time?” Solari asked, remembering all the unpleasant conversations between Sasuke and Naruto, Naruto and Sakura, and Sakura and herself there had been all those times they waited for him.

Kakashi was silent, then he immediately changed the topic. “So, today I was going to show Sasuke more of the chidori and give you a day off Solari.”

“Nani?(What?) No way! I snuck out of the hospital to come here and you aren’t going to teach me anything!”

“Well I have two reasons for this.” He held up one finger. “One, your arm isn’t healed so I can’t teach you the chidori.” He held up a second finger. “Two, after yesterday’s little fiasco I don’t think you should push yourself to hard.”

“Then show me how to use the Sharingan! I don’t know how, and it might be helpful to know.”

Kakashi raised his hands in an attempt to calm Solari down. “Solari, I want you to understand this. The chidori is a very complicated jutsu and it would be better for me to teach it to Sasuke while you let your arm rest. If you want you can do some training on your own, but don’t push yourself to hard. Practice your basics, or something else. But no matter what I don’t want you to do anything with the Sharingan, the Kagemane no jutsu, and especially the curse mark.”

Solari rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, whatever.”

Kakashi looked disapproving. “Wakarimasu ka, Solari?(Do you understand, Solari?)”

“Hai, hai, wakarimasu.(Yeah, yeah, I understand.)”

Kakashi crossed his arm in a disapproving manner. “Then what did I just say?”

Solari looked at Sasuke. He was looking around, apparently trying not to get involved.

She reached out and touched his mind. Can I have some help here?

You weren’t listening were you?

Don’t answer a question with another question.

Didn’t you not like this whole speaking through our minds thing?

Oh shut up, you’re no help.

Kakashi had a confused look on his face. “Solari, what did I just say?”

“I don’t have to listen to you, you’re not my father.”

Kakashi looked disapproving. “But I am you jounin sensei. So you do have to listen to me.”

“Fine. But this is the only day.”

“That’s fine.”

Solari jumped up and made a little salute in farewell then jumped down the side of the mountain.

This is complete bullshit. When have I ever called him ‘Kakashi-sensei’ huh? Never. He’s just someone here to help make me stronger. I’m going to kill Orochimaru and no one is getting in my way.

Solari, are you okay?

Get out of it. After all, ‘Kakashi-sensei’ wants to teach you special, so you better pay attention.

I know you’re mad, but–

SHUT UP!
She shut Sasuke out of her mind and headed back into the village.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:56 pm
oooooh no. Salori is angry, this will not end well...  

Maeve Avari

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:37 am
Perhaps Solari-san should go beat the life out of a bunch of trees and bolders. I'd imagine it would help.
Perhaps the mental connection thing is helped along because they're twins?  
Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games