Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Kickass things about being GOTH! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:39 pm
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
Hmmmmm many things......

One in particular would be realizing corsets are not meant for any specific sex.

*drools* I heart men in corsets!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:01 pm
DreamerSpirit
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
Hmmmmm many things......

One in particular would be realizing corsets are not meant for any specific sex.

I'd really rather not.
Biologically, men are usually not given the right body shape for corsets.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:09 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
DreamerSpirit
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
Hmmmmm many things......

I'd really rather not.

I suppose that it really depends on the guy. Most of my male friends have very slender figures, and therefore look wonderful in women's clothing. (I swear, whenever my friends come over my house, at least one guy winds up wearing some of my clothing...)

But, for husky, butchy, masculine-looking men, I wouldn't imigine that a corset would suit them well.

So I'll take back what I said before, and instead say that some men look amazing in corsets... others don't...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:22 pm
Im not really Gothic i come off more as an indi kid, so i guess i have no right to comment. However, the things i like about the Gothic culture is;

1) the boots
2) the music
3) and the people

I think I have more or less gothic tendencies  

Tahmuku

mechanical kitsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:09 pm
DreamerSpirit
-Resurrected Writer-
DreamerSpirit
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
Hmmmmm many things......

I'd really rather not.

I suppose that it really depends on the guy. Most of my male friends have very slender figures, and therefore look wonderful in women's clothing. (I swear, whenever my friends come over my house, at least one guy winds up wearing some of my clothing...)

But, for husky, butchy, masculine-looking men, I wouldn't imigine that a corset would suit them well.

So I'll take back what I said before, and instead say that some men look amazing in corsets... others don't...

you know, they do make gender-specific corsets. the male corsets tend to be a bit boxier.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:13 pm
~corsets. heart them so much
~being left alone by the really girlie girls. and the preps.
~people being surprised when they find out im actually very nice and polite.
~the look on bible thumper's faces (you'll go to hell!)
~making my own clothes (i dress EGL-ish)
~the totally awesome makeup
~my mother telling me im wearing too much eyeliner

the bad thing: always being discriminated against

mechanical kitsy

necromancy14

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:49 pm
-having kids always look twice when they see you
-never worrying about matching clothes
-awesome trench coats
-more interesting people  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:44 pm
heart the chain i wear as a necklace that doubles as an iron-fist
Nicoli Hunt

I am going to add a few things to this list.

~Getting looks at people from the college book store when you walk in and set the metal dectors off and have to get searched only to say its all the metal on your pants.
~The look your college professor gives you when you walk into class and sit in the back of the classroom. ((I can not wait to see the look on my professor's face in my speech class next quarter))
~When you walk downtown and no one wants to stand next to you because you are in all black. ((All the time it happens to me on the way home from college))
~When you walk downtown and the cops are watching your every move.((Again...happens everytime I am comin home from college))
~When all you have on your Ipod is Nightwish, Children of Bodem, Manowar, HIM, Epica, and other gothic bands that are on your long list of favorite music.
~WEARING A CORSET!
~BEING MYSELF AND NOT HAVING ANYONE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT IT OR JUDGING YOU FOR IT!

i'd dress in somewhat lighter colors and stand next to you just cause i could
&
well i dont know about that, people like to judge *getting looks usually = judgement  

dark_LordBeld

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:21 pm

*When people compliment the skirts or pants I wear.

*The different types of books I'm always reading.

*My jewelry.

*The makeup job I sometimes do for my friends who don't know how to put on eye/lip liner.

*Stated many times, the hairstyles.

*The shoes

*How people respected me still when I became goth and still treat me the same.

Just a few things off the top of my head I can think of at the moment. I love being a goth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:19 pm
~Having elderly women in the supermarket compliment me on my dress.

~Most of the 'bad crowd' at school leaves you alone. None of the party-loving, drinking, and drugging types ever really talk to you.

~20 years from now, when you look at old pictures of yourself you're less likely to think "eww... I can't believe that THOSE were ever in style. What was I THINKING when I wore that?" and more likely to just laugh at what a geeky little goth you were.

~Tea parties rock... and having an antique tea set and a Victorian-esq tea dress make those parties all the sweeter and more fun.

~The gothic music genre is so diverse! I could listen to just gothic music for the rest of my life, and never get bored with it. The sound of goth ranges from awesome dance music, to neo-classical, to rock, to pop, to folk, and so much more. I love how the genre isn't as rigid and monotonous as other genres. Gothic musicians aren't afraid to borrow from other genres, no matter how 'un-gothy' that genre may seem.

~Black nail polish hides all of the charcoal, paint, and oil pastel that tends to get wedged beneath my fingernails.  

DreamerSpirit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:41 pm
I thought of something else that makes being goth kick a**.

I was watching Within Temptation videos the other day, and my friend was laughing at the lead singer's comic attempts at dancing. When I said I didn't think I could do any better, she answered that 'Everybody knows goths can't dance!'

That's right. I reserve the right to be a terrible, terrible dancer... and subject people to it at clubs anyway!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:08 am
Veruniel
I thought of something else that makes being goth kick a**.

I was watching Within Temptation videos the other day, and my friend was laughing at the lead singer's comic attempts at dancing. When I said I didn't think I could do any better, she answered that 'Everybody knows goths can't dance!'

That's right. I reserve the right to be a terrible, terrible dancer... and subject people to it at clubs anyway!

You think that's something - check out Peter Murphy here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pR7_9mLOM4  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Yokubo-chan (Pee Pee)

5,400 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:23 pm
1. I attract goth girls. XD
2. I can cosplay and no one knows
3. Blind people think I'm just as fashionable as everyone else
4. I get to freak out people with there own religions
5. I get to control people perception of me
6. when I actually wear blue jeans, i make people freak out over a usually normal thing. XP
7. I know I can reach into my closet blindfolded (or half asleep) and pick a matching outfit.
8.I'm eligible for this guild
9. I can dress like a ninja
10 (the best one of all) Pale goth girl boobs pop out of corsets often. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:23 pm
well, theres always the friends thing, knowing yor friends cant judge you on what you look like cause you look like a freak and are proud of it
and all those people who don't understand? who gives a ******** all look miserable with their plain clothes, their faces blending in with the crowd, becoming just one of the many mindless zombies of the vast population of ignoramus judgemental pompus bastards!!! i like them there so i have someone to laugh at! knowing i have an open mind! seeing how looking like i'm depressed but being the happiest out of all of them confuses the hell out of those little retards!  

obeyfluffy

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:04 am
When I go to pick up my little brother from school, having little kids walk up to him and saying "your sisters cool!" and having parents stare at us in horror. xd  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff