Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
What do you think when people say HP is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like these people
yes
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
no
55%
 55%  [ 21 ]
yes, and they should burn in hell
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
no, but they still should burn in hell
31%
 31%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 38

comfylove

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:43 pm
I am actually quite used to people saying things that aren't too positive about Harry Potter. There is always someone that has to be different from everyone else and has to be a totally jerk about it. I usually just ignore them.. but sometimes I have things to say to them. I try to stay as nice as possible, but sometimes it's hard. I just see those people as being arrogant. I mean, no one goes prancing around.. dissing what they like.

Those people just haven't gotten it yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:38 pm
comfortably_dumb
I am actually quite used to people saying things that aren't too positive about Harry Potter. There is always someone that has to be different from everyone else and has to be a totally jerk about it. I usually just ignore them.. but sometimes I have things to say to them. I try to stay as nice as possible, but sometimes it's hard. I just see those people as being arrogant. I mean, no one goes prancing around.. dissing what they like.

Those people just haven't gotten it yet.

I was told don't knock stuff till I try it... So when I found out how wrong my brother was I ended up never telling him but I tell others to just try it and see if you like it cause it a really good fantasy. It almost like Lion the Witch and the wardrobe and the Wizard of OZ.  

PantheaMarlon

Interesting Fairy

15,340 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

~Angelina Elven~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:40 am
i say "******** you and i hate you asset"if soebody think hp is evil and a plus i'll kill.sorry but i LOVE hp and it's so AWSOME espeically harry potter  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:20 am
Someone RUINED Halloween for me because they were a Harry Potter hater.

I got a little card with Harry on the cover, and I'm like, "Hm. What's this?" Then I open it, and it has a brief summary, then all of a sudden, it starts telling me how bad it is! evil

Harry Potter is pure Fantasy. Rowling is not stating that witches and wizards are real. If you have problems with stories people make up, I suggest you stay away from libraries and other public places to maintain your current health.  

hellomandy

Friendly Codger

melilazngurl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:04 pm
I say that you can't judge it untill you read it. And after they read it then we have an discussion about it and then they usually are like its not as bad as I thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48 pm
It makes me mucho angry. My friend's mother wouldn't let her hang out with me because she thought I'd do witchcraft on her daughter. It's amazing how ridiculous things are getting.  

k ! w !

kyomuffins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:37 pm
I find it all very amusing, b/c these Harry Potter haters go out and buy the books to burn them, but they're still putting money right into J.K. Rowling's hand.

Which cracks me up.

xd

But still, why would you burn such a beautiful THING!? gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:59 pm
kyomuffins
I find it all very amusing, b/c these Harry Potter haters go out and buy the books to burn them, but they're still putting money right into J.K. Rowling's hand.

Which cracks me up.

xd

But still, why would you burn such a beautiful THING!? gonk

i totally agree with you with the whole buying and burning the books. those people just get me mad. im an atheist and i don't go around telling them that they shouldn't believe in god and are stupdi for doing so. i just call them stupid for being so arrogant! biggrin  

elfnprincess

Eikothewerewolf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:37 am
heh, i know what you mean! it is annoying. more annoying however is the fact that people say harry is rubbish, or evil when they havent even read it! i remember reading it in class once and someone told me it was rubbish, i turned round and said "have you read it" incidently they turned bright red and walked away without saying anything...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 5:39 pm
I don't see what some peopple have agaist them. They're a lot of magical books that go against some faiths just like this one does. But it doesn't mean anything. It's just a book. An awsomelyfunnymegagreatexcitingimpressiontotalywonderful book, but still a BOOK. Nothing to get so worked up about ( except about how good it is!).

SwiSS cAkE RolL

breakawaylover11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:15 pm
I know lots of people who don't like Harry Potter, so I'm used to it. Whenever they tell me they don't like it, I'll ask if they have even read it at least a little bit, or actually payed attention to the movies. If they yes, I just leave the subject alone. If they say no, I tell them not to knock it until you've tried it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:40 pm
I just ignore them. They can think that way all they want. Just because they don't like it does not give me right to hate them. I believe they are being unfair to the books by prejudging them. It's kind of being "Racist" toward the books. (Would that be called Bookest(ist)?) Apparently books with "Magick" in them are considered evil because Magick is "Satanic". They completely ignore the good messages these books provide, and label them as filth because of them containing the entity of Magick. It's silly.  

LadyNyaruInfinity

soty33

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:34 am
willowtree
I think parents who get angry that they're kids are reading HP should just be happy that they are reading.

This is not a crack on Christianity or anything, but I think most of the HP hype is from the Christians. Did you know that the word "occult" was not even considered to be an evil thing until the beginning of Christianity. Before then, it was just any other religious word with no negative connotations. It just bothers me that those who say it's a sin to judge others are the most judgemental of the lot.

i totaly agree with you. people complain because kids and teens play too many video games and when kids start to read they try and find something about it so they can complain.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:24 pm
in judaism we dont have worry about people saying harry potter is evil the rabbi at the conservitive synagoge i went loves harry potter and when my class has him as a teacher he actually help choose what house the whole scool was in and to relate to our "studies" welooked up info on 4 great rabbis and based what we learned about how they acted we "renamed'' the houses  

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

shoushirei

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:14 am
The fundies need to die. I'm sorry, that's just the way I think.

Fanatical religious people seriously need to get a reality check. It's okay to like a religion and to believe strongly in said religion, but in order to make this world a better place (ESPECIALLY for us fans) they need to get their heads out of their asses and learn some tolerance of other peoples' preferences.

It's a BOOK for crying out loud. It's not trying to convert children to Satanism. Any person who truly believes that JK is trying to harness innocent souls for the devil needs to have their head examined and should probably be recommended for incarceration in some sort of asylum. ALKAJSDLKAJSFLKJADSLGKJADLK. *pissy*  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff