Reply Fantasy Books Guild
What type of magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tickle Toe Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:24 am
That's a tough one. I'd like to be able to fly, whether I have wings or not. I would also like to be able to use the fire element. Telekinesis would also be cool.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 pm
chaos magick is cool, you can kind of do whatever you want, mix all kinds of stuff, and there aren't really any rules or boundaries  

babalonsatene

SexyDeity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:25 pm
Hmm. I would have to say Elemental-based magic, because they are so versatile. So many things can be done. However, I would rather have no components and minimal memorization and spell studying, and would rather be pious towards some deity or another.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 pm
If I could have magic, I'd like it to be the Mind magic and Mage Gift in Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. Mindspeech, animal mindspeech, earthsense and fetching would be cool. (Fetching is moving things with your mind, Earthsense is the ability to sense the condition of the land; the others are obvious). The mage gift because you can do so many amazing things, but you have to be careful or you could hurt yourself. biggrin  

storylistener

father wolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:46 pm
Well I have actually created and am currently in the middle of writing a book in which magic is devided into 24 different forms. Six elemantals, sixteen alternates, and two that give every user a special ability that is not usually link to the other magics. I would probably have to have what I call the alternate magic style Will magic,which allows the caster to user telepathic, telekinetic, and empathic abilities.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:38 pm
It would have to be... Well, I absolutely favor to world of magic on Harry Potter. I'd have to settle on that type of magic. The creatures and the whole wizarding world... Yes. Though, it would be nice to have the ability of mind magic.... Nah. I still pick the wand waving and potion business of the Harry Potter world. :]  

-Manawhal-

Valas Hume

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:32 pm
Magic of the mind, i.e. psionics, would be sooo fun twisted  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:13 am
I think over all I liked the sigils they used for magic in the Death Gate Cycle, it was really thoughtfully put together  

Angleic Shadow

pirateninjahero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:42 pm
i like any kind of magic really ..... like charms or words or just power you have .... i dont really know how to describe it .....  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:47 pm
healing, air, or water really ^^ like all 3  

BonkChan

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

Lady Amica

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:44 am
I would probibly have magic that had somthing to do with animals, so I would say I would be Earth for elemental magic wise, but if i could choose which kind of magic i had, i would want to be like HP, there just seems like there are so many more posibility's with that kind.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:42 pm
If elemental then storm if minipulation the minipulatoin of gravityif animal a fight between wolf and dragon oh yeah dont forget the ninja  

fmwolf

astrum202

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:38 pm
ugh that's tough. I'd have to say something Daine's powers from The Immortals.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 pm
I personally like the idea of Controlling your own inner magic, not necessarily elemental but more personal, With the added control of Magical laguages, To do something complex like Moving a ball through a maze with words and magic that you think up and control (like an electric whip) to come to your fingertips as your Personal magic only you control takes hold of your body.

domokun -Beware the Domo!

------------- rolleyes -------------  

Crowlow

The Vorpal Tom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:52 pm
Well... I think I have a type of magic to reference that nobody else has bothered with yet. Did anyone here ever read the series Broken Sky? It's a very fun series all in all, if a bit low in reading level. I read it when I was about 5, picked it up randomly in the public library. It was actually what got me started on Fantasy Books in the first place.

Basically, the style of magic/power used in Broken Sky is fueled, categorized by, and proportional to the amount of and type of Spirit Stones in your back. These stones are placed at birth by one of the Deliverers, and supplied by your parents. The stones are all the same neutral type before they are put in, and they are all the same type once they are set. There are several different styles... earth control, mech control, blacksmithing, healing, foresight/premontions, chaotic power, pure force, fire control, etc.

I actually like this style of power, and would probably choose either it or the magical power concentrated by the ancient language from the Inheritance Trilogy.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff