Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SashaRavensorrow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:43 pm
You start to tell a story and people assume you were at an event

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:55 am
SashaRavensorrow

ahaha..that made me think of a couple more...

You start telling an SCA-related story to mundane friends, and they immediately break out into a chorus of, "Oh geez, that WEIRD THING again."

You introduce your new boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever, who is also in the SCA, to mundane friends, and their first question is, "Oh! What's YOUR other name?"  

Arithrel
Crew

Not-So-Sweet Transvestite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:09 pm
Arithrel
SashaRavensorrow

ahaha..that made me think of a couple more...

You start telling an SCA-related story to mundane friends, and they immediately break out into a chorus of, "Oh geez, that WEIRD THING again."

You introduce your new boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever, who is also in the SCA, to mundane friends, and their first question is, "Oh! What's YOUR other name?"

I was dating someone once who I'd met in the SCA. Being used to my SCA name, I was never introduced by my mundane name. Once I introduced myself by my mundane name and people were wondering whether my love was being unfaithful. Oops.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:45 pm
... you use about four different patterns to make one correctly period gown.

... you actually get excited by the idea of inheriting not money, but a sewing machine.

... your dream car is not sporty and hot, but can haul camping gear for your entire household.

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Shelby Pierre-San

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:37 pm
whe your History Professor brings in real live replicated sowrds armour and weapons and your big and burly TA complains taht the helmet is heavy. You put it on and go oh my it's lighter than my heavy fighting one and you instanly strap on the rest of the armour and get into your fighting stance. (where was my camera that day crying )....I had on the full greek hoplite soldier armour every made to true form right dow to the bronze armour and all. I must admit the brest plate isn't easy to put on proplerly when your a woman.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:31 pm
-you were unaware of going to school in garb. (a 'when I was drunk...' story)

-you repeatedly correct the history teacher

-You can recite at least 5 period songs

-You belong to a real pirate ship

-(straight male) You find yourself wearing tights every other weekend

-You know what SCA stands for

-You know what achronism is

-your AOA is more important than your diploma

-You own a bard book

-"What's a few large bruises between friends?"

-Instead of an alarm clock, you wake up your parents by "OYAAY!! OYAAY!! THE TIME IS NOW..."

-"oh I just can't WAIT to be kiiing!"

-your idea of sexy is a kilt and bagpipes

-you can recite the difference between a botise and a corset

meh... more later  

Artemis12

Meghan1313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:42 am
...all your Halloween party invitations said "If you come in garb, you're cheating."

...a family member announces her pregnancy and instead of getting her a baby book, you loan her your copy of Withycombe. (Ask your local herald, if you don't get the joke.)

And the very first one I ever heard, from the Known World Handbook:

You know you're in the SCA when you sign your SCA name...

...on a check. redface  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:02 pm
Arithrel
Well, I'm sure we've all seen these lists before, but I thought hey! Why not start one up in the guild. smile Add more! (These were collected from various places around the net, and I'm now recalling them from my memory) A star next to any of the ones I list means they apply to me..

You might be in the SCA if...

-You have more garb in your closet than mundane clothes.
*-The aforesaid more garb is taken care of much better-nicely hung up, pressed, maybe even colour coded, as opposed to your mundanes which are haphazardly thrown into drawers/on shelves..if they get off the floor.
*-The major goal of your 16th birthday was not to get your driver's license, but your fighter card.
-When on the search for a significant other, they get major bonus points if they work at a fabric store/thrift store.
*-You've ever seen a large man doing embroidery.
*-You've ever seen a large man brag about the lace on his clothing.
*-You've ever yelled "Hey, nice tights!" at a guy.
*-You've ever signed a petition to get a guy to wear tights again (hmm...perhaps another no s**t there i was story I should get into in the other thread...heh)
-You firmly believe in the saying "She who dies with the most fabric, WINS."
-The argument is no longer, "my daddy makes more money than you!" but rather, "my daddy has a bigger sword than you!"
*-You write an essay in school on how, indeed, the Norsemen are NOT dead, you know this because you danced with them last weekend!
*-You've gotten into an argument more than once which begun with "No, no, no. You have it all wrong! Viking is not a NOUN. It's a VERB!"

Okay, I'm out of time now, lol. Gotta get back to work pretty quick here. Add more to the list!

lol i love it!  

MorganOfCalafia

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:04 pm
Artemis12
-you were unaware of going to school in garb. (a 'when I was drunk...' story)

-you repeatedly correct the history teacher

-You can recite at least 5 period songs

-You belong to a real pirate ship

-(straight male) You find yourself wearing tights every other weekend

-You know what SCA stands for

-You know what achronism is

-your AOA is more important than your diploma

-You own a bard book

-"What's a few large bruises between friends?"

-Instead of an alarm clock, you wake up your parents by "OYAAY!! OYAAY!! THE TIME IS NOW..."

-"oh I just can't WAIT to be kiiing!"

-your idea of sexy is a kilt and bagpipes

-you can recite the difference between a botise and a corset

meh... more later

dude i so aggre with the aoa one im 12 yrs old and i almost have mine!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:15 pm
You know you've been in the SCA
~When girls at school complain about wearing dresses, you look at them wierdly, they've NEVER worn a bodice???
~Children run around in chain mail made from pepsi and coke can tabs.
~When your DOG has a persona and an SCA name. XD
~You repaint your coat of arms for art class.

((I'm going to be 16 jan 5th, and I can't wait to get my heavy weapons card...XD))  

[.Twisted~dreams.]

dkabyssaldragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:53 pm
if your hair is longer than you girlfriends................................................and no one says anything about it  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:17 pm
dkabyssaldragon
your hair is longer than your girlfriend's [...] and no one says anything about it.

Here's one to add to that:

You Know You're in the SCA When. . .

. . . you're jealous of your boyfriend's hair (it's true! His is longer and prettier than mine!).  

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Arithrel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:03 pm
You get an open ended creative project for one of your college courses and you immediately think, "Hey! There's my opportunity to make that new piece of garb!"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:39 pm
... you're moving, and your first thought is, "Must find the nearest local group in my new Kingdom..."  

LittleGreenGirl
Captain

Sparkly Prophet

Willow The Wanderer

Friendly Heckler

18,525 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:50 pm
-You've ever taken the history class away from your teacher in discussion
... and taught it better.

-If you can do anything you can do in jeans in a floor length skirt.

-if you know nothing about the rennisance, becasue you grew up in the dark ages.  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff