Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should we fear Death? (opinion) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Promise to only state your opinion, no arguements?
  yeah. =)
View Results

Myzaree_Mistress

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:18 am
rolleyes Death..hahaha Not to be feared. Hell life is 10x as bad as death I think.. cool

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:37 am
i think fearing death is a fools move, for death is a natural inevitability. fearing this would prove foolish for most dont fear normal inevitabilities. i do not fear death. and when it comes, i will welcome it.  

Toasterladd

ItsSkinz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:09 am
in my opinion.

We all are dieing right now.

Since the moment we come from the womb we begin to die.

So in theory we shouldn't fear death, but we should embrace it. For it should and most likely will be a more glorious adventure than what we witness here on this mortal plane of exsistance  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:06 pm
No, I don't think death should be feared, it's what's after death that should be feared.  

xXxDark_DaysxXx

Oni-taku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:42 pm
I do not fear death, I welcome it with open arms and I respect death. But I hate HATE zombies, Vampires I can stand and ghosts too but zombies do not have the souls of their former selves so I kill them again, an mummy's too they creep me out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:40 pm
--
&& IF THERE IS NO LIGHT TO SPARE
I SHALL LOVE HIM AT THE SPEED OF DARK

I wouldn't embrace or celebrate my own death, but I'm unafraid. I don't believe in living each day as your last, though I do believe in living life to the fullest. I love life enough, I suppose....but death has come to me as so natural && normal I haven't cried at any funerals I've gone to (not to say I didn't care, wasn't sad, didn't mourn - I just wasn't in shock enough to cry, I guess). if the one I loved with all my heart && soul were to die this very night, yes, I'd be devastated. but I wouldn't spend the rest of my life building a shrine to them, wishing they were alive again. they played their part, spoke their words; they just weren't meant to live any longer.
that's simply it.

xFairytale

Morbid Sadistic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:40 pm
i dont fear it. mostly because it an inevibility. its gonna happen and theres no getting away from it. no one knows whats after death... but i think its better that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:44 am
Personally death is very far down on my list of fears. Not because it is inevitable, but because I see it only as a transition, not 'the end.' I'm not sure exactly what comes after death, but I'm almost 100% positive that some kind of sentient existence continues after we leave our bodies. In a way I'm actually anxious to see what comes after. Granted I'm not ready to die now, since there are lots of things I want to do before my life is over, so to sum up my statement, no, I do not fear death.  

Dragonfire Goddess

2on

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:40 am
I don't fear death.
What I do fear is leaving this place not having accomplished everything I was capable of and wanted to.
Unfinished business if you like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:50 am
I accept death, since life is pointless.  

CARLY GAY JEPSEN

Shameless Man-Lover

8,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:06 am
Alucard The Hellhound
Throughout history, mankind has feared the dead. Many have said things along the lines of "...the legion of the undead attacking" and whatnot. People are afraid of the paranormal, afraid to die even.

What is so scary? Am I the only one these days who is like.."So, we all die eventually... should I fear something I know will eventually happen?" I KNOW i'm not, because I have proof, and faith that many of you feel the same way. Being afraid of death, is unnatural. Why? Because Death is part of the cycle we all live in. Whether we return to the plain of life, or whether we move on to somewhere else, it doesn't matter. People are afraid of the darkness that death brings. They are afraid some kind of demon will carry them away, and whatnot. Some don't accept it, when their time has arrived. I believe, that if a soul does not accept death, and has a strong connection to life, or unfinished business, they stay. Then, they are stuck. They can't leave, even if they finished their business. Their decision is final.

Want proof that other cultures agree too? Part of "Bushido", or "The way of the Warrior", Is to be trained to accept death. It may come at anytime, or anyplace. That does not mean to be paranoid. It means to train your mind to live every day like it was your last, and live life to its fullest; For it can end anytime. Death makes it's own choices.

Many different Pagan religions had believed that Death was a cause for celebration, as it showed the end of the cycle, about to begin again. They knew that the cycle of life was being brought up again.

Even Christianity seems to embrace it; TO A POINT. The most celebrated of moments, in that religion, is the death, and rebirth of Jesus. When Jesus died, many mourned, but weren't unaccepting; because he said he was coming back. They accepted his death, before he came back, later.

Death should be accepted as something that is almost too natural. The paranormal should be viewed as souls that refused to die, and were afraid. Darkness should be viewed as something that comes after dusk, and before sunrise, and nothing more. That's my view. So, the reason for the topic is:

State YOUR opinion.

DON'T ARGUE. This is purely a STATEMENT thread. My goal is to view all of the members opinions, one statement at a time, and review it for contemplation. I want to know everyone's view, but I don't want to start an arguement. If I get ONE statement from everyone at this guild, I will be extremely happy.

Members that Posted their Opinions: 32 // 4741 Members
EXCELLENT! KEEP 'EM COMING!

I personally don't think that death should be feared... We don't know what it feels like to die, or how we are going to die later on in the feature unless you count old age, but that happens to everybody for the most part.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:47 am
I don't think it should be feared, yet there are still some things about it that worry me. Like the outcome of my death and whether or not one can feel pain after they die...that probably sounds like a stupid worry but its true. After someone dies, they can't tell another person whether or not they can feel pain still. To me all death is, is eternal sleep, and in your sleep you can feel pain sometimes, so why can't you in death? I know stupid fear but still over all death really isn't something to worry about in my opinion...sorry about ranting on that sweatdrop  

fallen_moon_angel

dark and demented

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:42 am
It takes a hell of a lot more courage to live then it does to die. Because living is a lot more painful.

I don't fear death. It's not something that is a constant fear in life. I know that it has to happen to everyone and I'm not going to waste the precious little time I do have dreading something that has to happen.
While I think that it doesn't mean I am immune to the effects of death. When people near me die I'll cry my eyes out and hate the world for a bit but in the back of my mind I know it had to happen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:56 pm
I think that we as a whole, and individually, should not fear that which must come. In fact, we should embrace it, letting us get caught up in the Darkness that will be ever present. My belief is that Death holds them answers to which we need and ask purely for curiosity. I am a Seeker of Death and am determined to live until I find it.  

Milendil

DerZuhalter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:37 am
I do not fear death, or at least I do not think I do. What I mean by that is that I cannot be sure till it actually happens. I can't say whether I'm afraid to end my life at that moment or if I'm satisfied and embrace it. I believe those of us that fear death fear it because we haven't done that thing(s) that makes us feel as if we had a purpose. If, when we die, we feel we have done the thing that makes us feel like we did something, meant something, to this world then we could accept death rather than fear it when it clutches us. You may say, what about people that commit suicide, the people that felt they meant nothing to the world and had no purpose. Well in a sense they made their purpose death. By killing themselves they feel that it will make people listen, give the life they had, which they hated (probably the wrong word but can't think of anything else), some kind of meaning. Their death made people remember them and actually think, and even change some lives. Those of us that have tried to kill ourselves but just simply couldn't, couldn't because we feared death and didn't make it or believe that this was our purpose, that there is just something else we have to do.

I do know that before I die I want to influence the world in a way that makes it better. Whether it is killing those I believe to have made this world horrid, become president and change the laws, or simply help someone else make the world better I won't fear death when it comes. Till then I just don't know.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff