Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Virigina Tech Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KoRnfucius

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 3:25 pm
I was pissed when I heard about it. I always get pissed when there's a school shooting. For like a week afterwards, a bunch of colleges in my state were having classes cancelled due to bomb threats. Why do people copycat each other when s**t like that happens? It's so stupid.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:28 am
Nos animus equitare spira rus finire et

So horrible...I put VT logos all over my stuff in honor of it, to symbolize I care for the lives that were lost...except that shooter guy >: p
eam prorsus ire ubi nullus unus praeire...

AluminaBeliever

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:44 am
Actually one of my old camp councelers were killed, she also had taught me guitar. But yea, it's hard.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:10 pm
This is what I think...

It is ashame that this occured and that so many people were killed but there where ways to prevent this. The shooter himself was reported as a usually quiet guy and sticks to himself. People kept on messing with him so finally one day he just lost it. If someone was to keep pushing my buttons I would eventally blow up in anger as well. If i had a gun who knows what I would do If I was that pissed. I believe that this was a cause and effect problem.....His being picked on(cause) = him losing it(effect).

Again I am saddened by what occured to those students....My Heart heart goes out to their familes.... sad  

dfakdf

Esmeana Bella Cullen

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:23 pm
I cried when I heard about VT because one of my friends was killed in that shooting crying  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:35 pm
vampirekitten18
This is what I think...

It is ashame that this occured and that so many people were killed but there where ways to prevent this. The shooter himself was reported as a usually quiet guy and sticks to himself. People kept on messing with him so finally one day he just lost it. If someone was to keep pushing my buttons I would eventally blow up in anger as well. If i had a gun who knows what I would do If I was that pissed. I believe that this was a cause and effect problem.....His being picked on(cause) = him losing it(effect).

Again I am saddened by what occured to those students....My Heart heart goes out to their familes.... sad
Thats conflicting with other reports that say he was mentally unhinged and violent to begin with, and it was his girlfriend leaving him that sent him over the edge.  

Rellik San
Crew

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:58 pm
I don't believe this could have been prevented.

Based on the reaction of his parents, they had no idea he was so unstable. They were shocked at his actions. This means he must have behaved differently when at home than when at school. He never gave them a reason to worry apparently.

Based on the reactions of the students and professors, for some he was the first one to pop in their heads when they heard of the events. He was a loner. But he isolated himself. Several students - his former and current roommates, for example - reported that they tried to help him out of his shell. They offered themselves to him as companions, etc...

So it's not to say that people didn't try to help him. Ultimately he chose what he wanted to do. There was no way people could have known that he was planning this, and therefore, no way to prevent it.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:47 pm
Honestly, I don't mind it. Maybe I would mind it if I had something do with it, but I don't. I'm entitled to my opinion, so I'm expressing it because you asked; don't flame me.  

_S_P_I_K_E_B_A_N_D

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces