Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
IDK, My BFF Jill? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

super sweet happy lemon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:47 pm
*cringe* I know this commercial. The people at my school constantly quote it, and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm trapped with idiots. stare  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:50 am
I completely understand, Super Sweet. A couple years ago I had a friend who constantly said "WTF, mate?" Every time she did we'd just give her a look, hoping she'd get the hint and stop!  

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100

Laura Levine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:44 pm
*cringe* I know this commercial. The people at my school constantly quote it, and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm trapped with idiots.

Yea, me too. And worse...My mom walks around the house going, "IDK, my BFF, Jill?", "OMG!" and "JK!!!LOL!!!" stare eek burning_eyes eek stare

To her I say,
talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand "WTF?!!?" talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand talk2hand  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:06 am
I actually have not.... Rather, I don't watch telivision. I'd like to make this comment though... GRAMMAR IS THERE TO BE USED, NOT TO BE IGNORED!! This is not one of those "rules are made to be broken" scenarios. Obey, or die.
By the way, I'm just joking. But grammar does rule the world.  

BornWithFire

BlackRose Of The World

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:30 pm
Heh, I've seen the commercial, and I found the BFF Jill one funny the first few times. After that, I was wondering why it was funny in the first place.

Though, in the times I've ever had to text message, I use good grammar and such. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:07 pm
Oh, yes. I've seen that commercial. Dozens of times. I thought it was pretty funny...and sadly true. Today's generation of kids is spiraling down into the dark abyss of illiteracy. It makes me cringe whenever I think of where we'll be in 20 years.  

The Kitsune Ninja

frosty bacon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:57 pm
I would slap that girl and make her eat her phone.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:55 pm
I was horrified to hear that people in my grade were using chastspeak in major papers.

My English teacher announced it, and I was seriously: =0... No... Way...  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Kororso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:59 am
Kali Eyad
I completely understand, Super Sweet. A couple years ago I had a friend who constantly said "WTF, mate?" Every time she did we'd just give her a look, hoping she'd get the hint and stop!

Ha! I hope that wasn't me, because I said that on the occasion.
I saw the commercial with the grandma last night. It was terrifying, and I felt extremely lucky to not have nightmares.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:06 pm
BlackRose Of The World
Though, in the times I've ever had to text message, I use good grammar and such. domokun

I try to use good grammar and spelling when I text message. However, sometimes I go over the amount of characters allowed....and I really don't want to pay more money for an addition text message that consists of, "So call me later." or something, so I go ahead and abbreviate things.  

Fuku Taichou

Amaya84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:36 am
I HATE that new one as well...IDK? My BFF Rose! I feel like throwing a brick at the t.v. every time I see it!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:29 pm
BrOkEn_____HeArT
The scary thing is I've seen the commercial so much I memorized it...
Daughter is blue.
Mother is red.

"Becky!"
"Wu?"
"Your phone bill, that's what's up. What's with all this texting?"
"Omg, Inbd."
"It is a big deal. Who can you be texting 50 times a day?"
"Idk. My bff Jill?"
"Tell your bff Jill I'm taking away your phone."
"Tisnf!"
"Me paying this bill, that's whats sn...f!"

wow!!!  

kannaliguo

OasisB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm
What I hate is the new Cingular commercial, where they have the innocent, old lady use such atrocious "txt tlk." crying What kind of self-respecting woman would resort to such . . . propaganda!?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:33 am
I hate that commercial. It makes me want to scream. x.x  

Chase Keyhole

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm
But in the old one, when the girl says "IDK, my BFF Jill?" the expression on her face is so idiotic. She's like saying, ''Yeah, I know I'm an idiot, so I wear a face that proves it."  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff