Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Favorite Phase? =^.^= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Hack/Infection-Quarantine or .Hack/G.U.
  .Hack/Infection-Quarantine
  .Hack/G.U.
  Both. ^.^
  GOLD!! *glomptackles poll*
View Results

vengeful retribution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:16 pm
The Slate Scholar
It technically never was a cross. In .hack//INFECTION
Skeith's wand looked like this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

However,in other media, it does appear as a cross:

Hmm,
Maybe they didn't keep that design for the very same reason.
Religion.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:18 pm
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite
Well I'd say my favorite is probably Skeith. There was actually minor storyline behind him in the first games, unlike the other phases which just appeared. plus he is the only phase armed with any form of a weapon 0_0 (Tarvos doesnt count XD)

Plus did anyone notice the religious symbolism with him? Especially when he data drained Aura?? I mea his staff is a freakin cross for cryin out loud! XD (his REAL staff, not the crappy American Q version >.>)

Hmm, for a close second if probably Fidchell. That thing creeped me out fighting it. I cant remember exactly but the first attack it used on me it like shouted "ALL THINGS SHALL BURN IN MY FLAMES... or something to that effect and i was like "WTF!?! 0_0 and then i was afraid of him XD

I thought the thing about Skeith's wand being a cross was very interesting. I remember reading that somewhere.

ok i hope i dont offend anyone religious with this but its soooo easy to see.

Aura = Jesus

I mean look at it. If you put the cross shaped wand into the mix. Skeith basically crucified Aura. I mean she is the ultimate AI and basically could be referred to as the "saviour" of the world.

On another funny religious note has anyone ever noticed on the snow field levels a giant Boat or an "Ark"? yeah someone put lots of religious thought into this game XD

:0 I never thought of that.

On the terminal disc it mentioned something about "The Internet version of God"  

vengeful retribution

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:22 pm
It constantly shifts shapes. I showed you .hack//INFECTION,
LIMINALITY, and Another Birth above. Here are some more.

.hack//SIGN:

.hack//XXXX

.hack//ENEMY
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:27 pm
The Slate Scholar
It constantly shifts shapes. I showed you .hack//INFECTION,
LIMINALITY, and Another Birth above. Here are some more.

.hack//SIGN:

.hack//XXXX

.hack//ENEMY

Wow good point.
Maybe they weren't sure what to do his staff as,
Or they used different artists for each. But my favorite would have to be from .hack//sign smile  

vengeful retribution

x-Rorein

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:30 pm
I always thought...
Skieth's wand was meant to resemble a Celtic cross, but was censored for obvious reasons. His wand was or meant to be in the shape of a traditional Christian cross.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:30 pm
no thats very untrue 0_0 in the original japanese version of Infection it was still a cross. They changed it during the import to America to avoid religious controversy. I read that awhile ago when it first came out  

Legendary Twinblade Kite

drgnkng1354

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:36 pm
Hmm.
dun dun dunnnnn

MACHA!

just because it is the most prettifuls of them all
and has lovely Endrance :'D
(in GU or course )

plus, its attacks are cool ^^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:39 pm
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite
Well I'd say my favorite is probably Skeith. There was actually minor storyline behind him in the first games, unlike the other phases which just appeared. plus he is the only phase armed with any form of a weapon 0_0 (Tarvos doesnt count XD)

Plus did anyone notice the religious symbolism with him? Especially when he data drained Aura?? I mea his staff is a freakin cross for cryin out loud! XD (his REAL staff, not the crappy American Q version >.>)

Hmm, for a close second if probably Fidchell. That thing creeped me out fighting it. I cant remember exactly but the first attack it used on me it like shouted "ALL THINGS SHALL BURN IN MY FLAMES... or something to that effect and i was like "WTF!?! 0_0 and then i was afraid of him XD

I thought the thing about Skeith's wand being a cross was very interesting. I remember reading that somewhere.

Aura = Jesus

I mean look at it. If you put the cross shaped wand into the mix. Skeith basically crucified Aura. I mean she is the ultimate AI and basically could be referred to as the "saviour" of the world.

On another funny religious note has anyone ever noticed on the snow field levels a giant Boat or an "Ark"? yeah someone put lots of religious thought into this game XD

Isn't the God of 'The World' Morganna? :0  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Legendary Twinblade Kite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm
nah its original form was intended to be a celtic cross but... you know how America LOVES censoring things...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:42 pm
XxGrieverxX
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite

Aura = Jesus

Yeah and Aura is his daughter, which would make her the female version of Jesus right?

I'm not too religiously smart, but to my understanding Jesus is Gods son or something like that right? I dont know.
It was just a thought sweatdrop  

vengeful retribution

vengeful retribution

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:42 pm
Legendary Twinblade Kite
nah its original form was intended to be a celtic cross but... you know how America LOVES censoring things...

Good point.

I would have kept the cross.
Japan gets everything 10x better gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:49 pm
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite

Aura = Jesus

Yeah and Aura is his daughter, which would make her the female version of Jesus right?

I'm not too religiously smart, but to my understanding Jesus is Gods son or something like that right? I dont know.

No
Harold and his AI = God
Morgana = The Devil (was good but turned evil?)
Aura = Jesus  

Legendary Twinblade Kite

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:51 pm
Legendary Twinblade Kite
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
The Avenger Tarvos
XxGrieverxX
Legendary Twinblade Kite

Aura = Jesus

No
Harold and his AI = God
Morgana = The Devil (was good but turned evil?)
Aura = Jesus

I thought Morganna was God because she controlled 'The World'
I read something about Morganna being something like God in AI Buster, but it makes more sense if she was The Devil.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:58 pm
Well morgana WANTS to be god. She wants to destroy the grip Harold and Aura have on the world. Its basically like the story of how the devil used to be an angel until he tried to challenge god for power.  

Legendary Twinblade Kite

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:10 pm
Ohhh. :0  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers