Submit

Are you still in school?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:05 pm
Neurotic Noir
I'm in year 12. I don't mind school so much. (Just the working load is killing me. Exams in 2 weeks! crying ) Most people don't care that I wander around in black. (Well.. on free dress days. We have uniforms.) I get compliments sometimes because I dress a bit differently. Not to mention the odd occasion when a group of middle age teachers came up to me, inquiring that they liked my Siouxsie shirt.

As for those with strict school dress codes, I think you just have to find a balance. The problem might not be you dressing in black but the fact you're wandering around with spiky leather collar, fishnets, black lipstick or a ton of safety pins in your jacket. It can be too much. Find a compromise. You can still look gothy without going over board. (:

In our school we've taken to wearing, eyeliner, bracelets, beads, and black nails, diff. har colors, as we are trying to find other ways to express ourselves. I still think it's crazy, and stupid, to be honest, that they put the uniforms in place for our school. but we wear black polo shirts, and studded belts, and black pants. This helps us break away, however, everyone else saw us doing this at the beginning of teh year, and now they also are wearing all black. We now wear bright a** colors to look different.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:10 pm
Emperor Goth
Nikura Uchiha
babykitty18
I'm graduating high school this year WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i can't wait! I could dress how eva the hell i want once i leave! i'll be uberly more goth than i am now...yes its possible lmao
Im not allowed to wear the clothes i want unless its Halloween or kim going to an anime convention and EVEN THEN my clothing options are restricted. SO! When i hit 18 uber goth shopping day! rofl rofl If u want to join me be my guest lol mrgreen

Hey man when I turn 18 I get my dad SS check he left me and my brother when he died. Thats almost 600 and for my first one I'm going shopping, building my wardrose ect. biggrin

Wooooooo i got 2! who else is with me?! rofl rofl mrgreen  

babykitty18

babykitty18

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
-"Sir, I believe that pocket chain is three inches longer than allowed."
-"And your skirt is three inches shorter than allowed. You believe my chain is to long, which doesn't mean that is actually is to long. You just believe it is."

People see a problem with that? ^_^

*high five* I don't! Woo! Make it shorter! lol 3nodding wink  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:29 pm
I'm graduating highschool in a little less than 2 weeks. biggrin

Natural hair colors can be extremely goth. Black, especially, but also red, blonde, and brunette. I have naturally black hair, I've never dyed it and I'm not sure I ever will.

A nice honey blonde color is beautiful for romantigoth on the weekends and functional during the week.

Hairstyling is usually more important than hair color.

As for little flares for school: Well, if they don't have a strict dress code for shoes, then I'd go all out on that front, knee high combat boots look kick a** with skirts.

I'd buy pins from your favorite bands and decorate your backpack with them, then no matter how conformist you look in your uniform, you've got a comforting little slice of "******** you" everywhere you go. biggrin

On the subject of makeup: It all depends on how lazy you are.
If you like getting up at 5 in the morning to do crazy cool makeup, then you're my hero. I myself cannot bring myself to get up at that hour for anything short of the apocalypse.

Unless I'm going out with my friends I just put a bit of black eyeliner beneath my eyes and that's my makeup. I'm laaaaazy. sweatdrop

Cat eyes are simple and gothy. Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9rgQye9WUI

Arabic eyes are darker, a bit more time consuming, but I find them quite beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtCPgzgq1lg&feature=related

Raver makup is always fun too, but that's less gothy unless you have hairfalls to go with it.  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:32 pm
One more tip: JEWELRY.

Celtic knots, ankhs, pentagrams, whatever you like. The more mystical the better in my opinion. My personal favorites are ankhs and triskeles. Rings, pendants, hair charms, anklets, toe rings, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:43 pm
babykitty18
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
-"Sir, I believe that pocket chain is three inches longer than allowed."
-"And your skirt is three inches shorter than allowed. You believe my chain is to long, which doesn't mean that is actually is to long. You just believe it is."

People see a problem with that? ^_^

*high five* I don't! Woo! Make it shorter! lol 3nodding wink
Eh? I don't remember writing that.... neutral

Make it shorter. Go ahead. wink  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Lifesucks411

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:01 am
I just finished 9 grade And I am clad I passed.
As for wearing what you want just be your self and don't over do it there's a limit in till they say "hey you anti-Christ"  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:40 pm
User Image

PIG tails with bangs and ribbons, make small agustments to your uniform like if you where a skirt where bloomers(im kinds serious bloomers are the s**t) put light color powder on with dark but not black eye liner something like brown,purple or blue at least you can do this until they force you to stop

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

For Fear of Little Men

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:57 am
I am a 10th. I suggest having a streak go from the bottom of your eye, to your cheek area. That's always awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 am
Also, another suggestion, you can order contacts over the internet that can change the color and distort the iris with images and different styles(ex. cats eyes, dead eyes, so on and so forth). Here's hoping that my information helped your situation, and that it can be resolved in a reasonable amout of time.  

For Fear of Little Men

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:27 pm
o_0-Toxic Dreams-0_o
User Image

PIG tails with bangs and ribbons, make small agustments to your uniform like if you where a skirt where bloomers(im kinds serious bloomers are the s**t) put light color powder on with dark but not black eye liner something like brown,purple or blue at least you can do this until they force you to stop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 am
At the moment -- black hair, dark make-up, and baggy pants.
I find that this makes me look pretty dark.

Recently, the teachers went ape-s**t over make-up issues.
I used to wear dark-as-I-want eye make-up, and sometimes black lipstick.
Not anymore. Argh. ********.  

infektionxx

Deleted Accnt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:37 am
xGoshikkux
I am a 10th. I suggest having a streak go from the bottom of your eye, to your cheek area. That's always awesome.
The crow look?

Eugh. No.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:16 am
I'm in 8th
but I really dont have a problem dressing in the goth fashion

I usually wear a band tee [[Manson, Wednesday 13, 69 Eyes, CoF, wept]] a pair of jeans [[usually light because I HATE dark jeans]] with patches and pins on them, a skeleton jacket [[likes Mr. 13's his self, if you know who Wednesday is...>.>]] and a bunch of safety pins on every [[cause I love safety pins]]
lmao

^_^  

MissHorrorstar

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:57 pm
The Goth Apple
o_0-Toxic Dreams-0_o
User Image

awesome  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces