Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shocktv3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:22 am
methinks E.T. even comes with his own sith cloak 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:30 am
"that's no telephone.... its a space station!"  

Tiderion

shocktv3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:34 am
*starts throwing reese's pieces at a passing yoda*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:39 am
i notice a similarity between palpatine in ROTJ and ET now... they both extend their hands and then... FORCE LIGHTNING!!!

"oooouch...."

"thanks for stating the obvious, you b*****d."  

Tiderion

shocktv3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:40 am
i still cant believe that the e.t.'s were a part of the galactic senate blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:18 am
Tiderion
shocktv3
haha yea, now watch everything in episode iii start becomin low-tech xp
atleast lightsabers dont have to have a separate power pack and a power cord to it anymore... man jedi back then must have looked like goobers
I think thats why in the early days the vibrosword was more popular that the experimental lightsabre.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:24 am
I always did like the Vibrosword. If I had one in the days of the jedi and sith I would imagine that my would have cortosis weaved into it. If I had a lightsaber it would have a cortosis handgaurd (why not?).  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:46 am
Flamer42
I always did like the Vibrosword. If I had one in the days of the jedi and sith I would imagine that my would have cortosis weaved into it. If I had a lightsaber it would have a cortosis handgaurd (why not?).
not a good idea. cortosis dosent stop lightsabres, just causes a chain reaction in the beam that shuts the blade off. chances are the force user you would be fighting would slice right through the hand guard and have plenty of srime to puzzle out why his saber shut off while you are grasping the stump that was your sword hand.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:53 am
*Disagrees* I have already studied this cortosis in many different books. As long as the cortosis is put with a tougher element it should have no problem. Besides, anybody who can get that close to my hand in a lightsaber dual deserves to win. I literally practice with lightsabers in the front yard daily. I even had someone pull up a in a car, get out, an fake like he was going to attack me with his sons lightsaber. I did not even have a clue who this guy was...it was actually kind of funny. I was shocked for a second but I instantly went into a guard position and he laughed and got back into his car and left. I wonder where that guy lives...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:02 am
Flamer42
*Disagrees* I have already studied this cortosis in many different books. As long as the cortosis is put with a tougher element it should have no problem. Besides, anybody who can get that close to my hand in a lightsaber dual deserves to win. I literally practice with lightsabers in the front yard daily. I even had someone pull up a in a car, get out, an fake like he was going to attack me with his sons lightsaber. I did not even have a clue who this guy was...it was actually kind of funny. I was shocked for a second but I instantly went into a guard position and he laughed and got back into his car and left. I wonder where that guy lives...
hmm interesting. what did you make your saber out of? I ended up using an old blaster rifle barrel. the result gave me a blade the color of a blaster bolt. also did you "make" the crystals for your saber? or did you find naturaly occurng ones?  

Sol Walker
Crew

JadesFireMJ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:09 am
As far as I know, Cortosis ore is actually pretty brittle. And as for artificial crystals, apparently they don't work as well (what a surprise stare )  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:10 am
JadesFireMJ
As far as I know, Cortosis ore is actually pretty brittle. And as for artificial crystals, apparently they don't work as well (what a surprise stare )
they work well enough for luke skywalker.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:11 am
Unless you are a sith.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:25 am
okay to clear up a confusion here: cortosis does NOT stop a lightsaber blade but it does make it flicker and shut off...kind of like a small overload.

jedi find their crystals on ilum or on adega usually in caves. the sith destroyed adegan crystals and the empire polluted ilum. most of the new jedi use hand-me-downs

now one point that is interesting and often debated is that sith generally use crystals that have been polluted by circumstances such as spider egg nesting in ilum crystal locations (as seen in knights of the old republic though dantooine never had crystals...one inconsistancy). now the part that is debated is that many sith (and this is also why the crystals and thus the blade is red) synthesize their crystal. a part of sith training is meditating in a furnace synthesizing the crystal out of some random material and pouring your hatred and anger into it. strange practice but you'll see it referenced sometimes. artificial crystals are not the same as synthesized but yeah they dont work as well. artificial are labratory made.  

Tiderion

Flamer42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:29 am
I also had seen somewhere that the blade had more "power" in it. I wonder what that ment.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff