Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! :o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:51 am
Passers-by, the paper delivery person and the mail man will all scold thieves. They do it if a Sim nicks the paper too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:58 am
Chikiya
I just found out you can rotate floor tiles!!!!!!!!!! xd

Really? Sweetness!

Sunshine-Girl22

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:43 pm
If you have the Pets expansion then yes. You can rotate floor tiles with the < and > keys. Be aware though that a lot of wooden floorboard tiles look very dodgy when rotated.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:23 am
I learned that there is an option somewhere to go and steal back lawn Gnomes and such.
I forgot how I did it, but I thought it was nifty when I found it.  

AuroraDreamer

6,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:00 pm
Its autonomous. You can't tell Sims to go and steal their gnomes back, they just do it on their own if you leave them idle.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:12 pm
I just realized that you can put half-walls around 3 sides of the reservation things if your building a restaurant. I never knew all you really had to do was click the host surprised  

Banthisaccount

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:40 pm
Menaceman
Its autonomous. You can't tell Sims to go and steal their gnomes back, they just do it on their own if you leave them idle.

That reminds me! I didn't know when Sims steal back lawn ornaments they will steal more than once. My Sims got his porcelain chicken back and came home, then later he went off again and got another chicken, even though we only had one. O_o So now we have two chickens. xD Plus the gnome that has been stolen now. -_-;  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 pm
I had no idea that while on a date you can just click your date's face below the date meter to see what he/she wants to do. >>;
I need to read the manual more. xD

Kaasen

Noembelu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:41 pm
Menaceman

I know! That sucks, cause I have free-will OFF. (I hate having sims do what I DON'T want them to do)

I never really understood why Sims steal garden ornaments. I usually prevent it from happening by RUNNING (I have a mod that allows you to run all the time, if you choose to) over to the mischievious sim and distracting them from stealing, or just simply asking them to leave.

Here's something I found out LONG ago, but never really shared it.

This refers to a Sim CONSOLE game. For me, it was The Sims for X-Box.

I didn't know that adult sims can "tuck in" children. They basically adjust the kid's covers, and give them a little kiss on the forehead. However, the action is completely autonomous. sad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:31 am
Noembelu

I didn't know that adult sims can "tuck in" children. They basically adjust the kid's covers, and give them a little kiss on the forehead. However, the action is completely autonomous. sad

They do that in the PC game too.  

SilverMaple

Sparkly Lover

Noembelu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:34 pm
SilverMaple
Noembelu

Really? surprised

Too bad I have free-will off. mad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:10 pm
I found out that PlantSims that were spawned from another PlantSim don't have a predestined hobby. :0

User Image

Sanus Ex Machina

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:45 am
If you place a garden gnome or chicken next to a wall or foundation then it cannot be stolen. I dunno why but Sims complain about there being a wall in the way and then they just give up trying.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:26 am
Noembelu
SilverMaple
Noembelu

Really? surprised

You can actually command your sims to do it, I've had the dad of one of my little toddlers do it out of curiousity. It's so cute! :'D

I don't know if you can do it to children, but I know that when a toddler is asleep and you click on the toddler the option will appear.

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

The Fishnet Mafia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 am
Enelya Anarion
Noembelu
SilverMaple
Noembelu

Really? surprised

You can actually command your sims to do it, I've had the dad of one of my little toddlers do it out of curiousity. It's so cute! :'D

I don't know if you can do it to children, but I know that when a toddler is asleep and you click on the toddler the option will appear.

Yeah, but only the toddlers. Tucking in children are, sadly, autonomous. Stupid game; I love the 'tuck in' animation.

The Sims Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff