Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:12 pm
the entire point of the Empire's fighters was to swarm with overwhelming numbers. Only a few imperial fighters had any decent firepower and defense.

The Rebels prided fewer, but more durable fighters.

Its the old conflict between fewer, better trained troops, or massive amounts of less trained pilots overall. Cost vs. Expendability.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:35 pm
True, each side pretty much worked with what they could get.  

Flamer42

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:40 pm
actuaslly imperial pilots are all well trained...they just dont have personalized ships. tie fighters are interchangable as well as the pilot. its the mentality that kills them. only a few squadrons were able to have a name for themselves and work like rogue squadron and the majority of the rebels.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:43 pm
i didn't mean that the imperials were inadequately trained. look at the rebels who were imperials! all i meant was that they were not given a ship truely capable of their talents, for it would be expensive and extremely taxing on the Empire just to maintain somethign that powerful.

But i still think that overall, the masses of imperials were not as truely trained as rebels, but they were still a force to be reckoned with.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:40 pm
actually id guess to the former that the rebels lacked significant training compared to the imperials. the clincher is that a lot of rebels were once imperials and they occasionally got a bright defector. im sure they had training regimens of their own in tactics to combat imperials and in that sense have better training but overall, a lot of imperials are career. theyve been doing it a looooong time as opposed to a guy who joins the rebels after his wife is murdered per se.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:16 am
The rebellion had many officers who worked with the empire. Some of them had to have had the training that was common in the empire and have brought it with them to the Rebel alliance. The Alliance could then turn that knowledge to use by training their own personel with that information. From there they could build upon what had been brought with the defecting officer.  

Flamer42

Tiderion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:15 am
Flamer42
The rebellion had many officers who worked with the empire. Some of them had to have had the training that was common in the empire and have brought it with them to the Rebel alliance. The Alliance could then turn that knowledge to use by training their own personel with that information. From there they could build upon what had been brought with the defecting officer.
precisely... imperials have standardized training. rebels train to beat the imperial training.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:24 pm
Exactly. The Imps have more or less similar training. Plus, they have more enemies than just the Rebellion, and all the groups allied against the Empire have different tactics, and different means of screwing the Empire (i.e. battles, trade, smuggling, etc)

And, being waaaaaaaaaaay off topic, do you suppose the Imperial academy had a band? If so, do you think they'd always win the competitions? I mean, who's gonna argue? blaugh  

jedi_master_tenku

Tiderion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:57 pm
jedi_master_tenku
Exactly. The Imps have more or less similar training. Plus, they have more enemies than just the Rebellion, and all the groups allied against the Empire have different tactics, and different means of screwing the Empire (i.e. battles, trade, smuggling, etc)

And, being waaaaaaaaaaay off topic, do you suppose the Imperial academy had a band? If so, do you think they'd always win the competitions? I mean, who's gonna argue? blaugh
im sure they had a band enough to play at formal functions but as for competitions...doubtful those existed... hahaha

the imperial cheerleader squad...oh my! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:00 pm
I hope they'd at least let women in for that... Don't need to see the alternative...

Haha! Could you imagine Daala and Isard on the cheer squad? Like, totally!  

jedi_master_tenku

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:00 pm
Give me a V!
Give me an A!
Give me a D!
Give me an E!
Give me a R!

Whats that Spell?

Empire! (imperial ditzes...)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:05 pm
Nelowulf
Give me a V!
Give me an A!
Give me a D!
Give me an E!
Give me a R!

Whats that Spell?

hahahahahahahaahahah....

poor things...great for imperial strategy, great in...the CO's chair sweatdrop , but not too bright on the uptake.  

Tiderion

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:07 pm
Tiderion
Nelowulf
Give me a V!
Give me an A!
Give me a D!
Give me an E!
Give me a R!

Whats that Spell?

hahahahahahahaahahah....

poor things...great for imperial strategy, great in...the CO's chair sweatdrop , but not too bright on the uptake.

if the imperial strategy is distraction...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:08 pm
of coures the imperial academy had a band, a marching band that played the Imperial March for ceremonial purposes. Now whats the deal with Imperial Hireing practices anyway? why weren't women alowed to sign up?  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:08 pm
Hmm... Maybe the whole Daala/Tarkin thing was really a college sweetheart story...
He was the heroic football player, she his ditzy cheerleader girlfriend... They went to prom together, he gave her his jacket and class ring... blaugh Sorry. Watch too many old movies... I'm so hearing Happy Days music...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff