Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight vs. Harry Potter Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you prefer, Twilight or Harry?
  Twilight- Rowling better watch her back cuz here comes Stephanie!!
  If only Harry Potter had vampires... *sigh*
  Sorry Steph, but... I was loyal to Harry first so....
  I could never ever choose
  I choose to remain silent on the gounds that may encriminate me
View Results

the house of gaunt

Fashionable Flatterer

10,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:12 pm
Honestly, they are both two very different and unique books. They also cannot and should not be compared in any way.
Although if I had to choose only one I really could not say since I love both of the series to death. Also I grew up on the Harry Potter books (they were what got me interested in reading) and I recently got into Twilight (back in September). So I guess Harry Potter is what tops my list. Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse are at second though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:34 am
It's so hard to choose, but I think Twilight wins out. I think that JKR's writing style is slightly better than Stephenie's, especially at the end of the series, but that comes with experience. However, Stephenie's plots interest me more, and that's often the deciding factor for me.  

penandpaper67

circus_freakshow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:52 pm
Don't get me wrong people! I heart TWILIGHT! but I read Harry Potter first and no matter how much I like Twilight and Edward and Jasper and Alice, I will always be a Harry Potter fan first and foremost! I will always love Series and Lupin more then I love Edward eek did I JUST SAY THAT?? But it is true, I mean I hurt when Edward left Bella but I cried my ******** eyes out when Series, Tonks, Lupin, Fred, Hedwig *can go on forEVER!* died and I never cried for Twilight, and trust me I cry for the littlest things lol I am very emotional. Yeah so please no one hate me for saying I chose Harry Potter over Twilight!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:38 am
circus_freakshow
Don't get me wrong people! I heart TWILIGHT! but I read Harry Potter first and no matter how much I like Twilight and Edward and Jasper and Alice, I will always be a Harry Potter fan first and foremost! I will always love Series and Lupin more then I love Edward eek did I JUST SAY THAT?? But it is true, I mean I hurt when Edward left Bella but I cried my ******** eyes out when Series, Tonks, Lupin, Fred, Hedwig *can go on forEVER!* died and I never cried for Twilight, and trust me I cry for the littlest things lol I am very emotional. Yeah so please no one hate me for saying I chose Harry Potter over Twilight!

Did you realize that you said that you like Werewolves more then you like Vampires biggrin ( Lupin being a werewolf)....But i agree. but i love Harry Potter more then i love Twilight. I have been a fan of HP much longer then i have been with Twilight. I do love Twilight though but i just read all the books not even 2 weeks ago. I was forced to read them but i am glad i was because i love the books but i Love Harry Potter much more. sorry  

Elder Butterfly

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

the_queen_of_the_fairies

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:00 am
I'm sorry Steph, but i love harry. If it only had vampires...  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 am
I love them both so much! I could never choose!  

Emo Oompa Loompa

bandie_panhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:11 am
i'm sorry you guys,but...i've been reading hp since i was like 9,and i just read all the twilight series about 6 months ago...i've grown up reading harry potter,so it's always been my favorite.i put that i wasn't putting my answer...but yeah.twilight's my 2nd fave. series though!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:45 am
Ugh! So hard to choose! I think Harry Potter has a better plot and is more interesting, but Stephenie Meyer writes better romance.  

Electric Snowball

coldfrenzy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:34 pm
i have to say twilight is better. i started out reading HP until the middle of the fourth book -then i got bored with it. i also think that the HP plot is begining to change. like it was about how harry discovered he was a wizard and went to wizard school. now its turned into good vs. evil with all this dark magic and stuff. and i have to agree about how Stephenie Meyer writes better romance.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:58 pm
i admit i was a hp fan 1st, but that was becasue i hadn't heard of twilight until this year. so i like hp and twilight both, but i just diot love harry the way i love edward so thats y twilight is my fave dont wanna offent either side, but thatts my opinion...  

piercing_golden_eyes

xoMeep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:08 am
crying YOU'RE MAKING ME CHOOSE BETWEEN TWILIGHT AND HARRY POTTER?!?!?!?!

See, I had already finished HPatDH before I started the Twilight series....I read both sooo quickly....and I had only been reading HP for a year so.....I CAN'T PICK!!!! I listen to Mugglecast, but I'm in this guild...... crying what do i do?....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:46 pm
alieinna
I'm more of a Potter freak than anything else, so my loyalties really lie with HP... but Twilight is a VERY close second. I think it just depends more on your taste, because I can see how Twilight would appeal more, or how Harry Potter would apeal more to readers.

But seriously, if Cullen-like vampires were written into the HP universe, I'd be all set. =)

I agree completely! i mean, being wiccan i took hp very offencively at first and then i got pulled in. but i've always been a sucker for vampires, being a HUGE anne rice fan and getting into other vampire novels, which is how i found twilight and i'm a bit more addicted to that now than anything. i just wish someone would combine them... or wait, i'm kind of doing that...lol.  

Aradia Helevorn

Puckpup

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:53 pm
I don't even bother to try and compare them. It would give me even more headaches.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 pm
hmmm...i really dont know cause i mean they're both special in their own way. but currently since ive read all the harry potter books and not all the twilight, i have to say twilight. =]  

angelaaaax3

InsaneOctopus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:25 pm
I would say Twilight... I don't know why but I get bored of Harry Potter books sometimes..  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff