Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:11 pm
--- Nevermind  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:52 am
Hi. If students wish to busy a piece of Red. Where is a good place to do it without Boogiemen going all boogie on them?  

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:18 pm
Are undead ever able to begin regaining portions of their memory if they originally were from the human world? Say, the closer towards Alumni they get, the more focused these pieces of memories become? Also, is a solo allowed to detail the undead student's previous life if they used to be in the human world, just for background history (not IC knowledge)?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:57 pm
Ghost: IDK ~ PAGING BATTLE MASTER

Marushii

Sosos: They're the same as reaper weapons, so they can take damage, but heal over time as the reaper's FEAR regenerates over time/through healing. So if a familiar is harmed in battle, desummoned, and then the reaper summons again while their HP is still low, the familiar would still be injured. Yes, they share HP ~ THEY ARE AS ONE. KIND OF.

Reeshie: If you participated in those threads, PM zoo if you don't have it available for unlock,

Dragain: ilu...if they wish to BUY a piece...then the black and underground markets are the places to go. Watch out for counterfeits, though! If they wish to BURY a piece...just be casual. Maybe get a canine student of minipet to make it digging around and burying things more natural. The best way to hide what you're doing is to do it in plain sight and make it look as normal as possible.

Ol: That's a no on both parts ~ the memories are destroyed, not something that can be revealed through personal growth. On solos, I'm sorry but that's also a no, it's a bit too much of a pandora's box, even with no current IC intentions ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:11 pm
Euphoric Ghost
How many attacks can a Fear ability barrier negate? I assume post cast, it negates all attacks.

Let's say Apple successfully gives Orange a barrier
Pineapple attacks Orange for 4
Grape attacks Orange for 2.
Orange receives no damage.
Barrier is gone at end of turn.

Second question, does the barrier stay until it's hit/and or taken away by its creator?

It depends on how fast you are to cast it. If you manage to pop it off right at the start of your turn, you could potentially null all attacks. If you're too slow, then some attacks will get through.

At this time, the barrier lasts only one turn regardless of whether or not the opponent hit it or not. The battle system is constantly changing/getting tweaked, so in the future it may change~  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 pm
Strategically, people would just avoid attacking said protected person until it dissipates next turn.

Can a barrier protect from non-attacks? Like, suddenly baseball sized hailstones are being hurled by hurricane force winds? Or an explosion occurs close by and flaming debris is on its way. I mean, reasonable non-attacks, not like, lava is flooding towards you, and such.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:39 pm
Natural Abilities: things used in daily RP.
Fear: things used in battle only.

So while we personally frown upon Fear abilities being used in RP considering how much ic Fear is required to use them. Fear abilities are rather draining when used outside of a battle situation, as getting into a battle really does get your Fear/adrenaline flowing and enables characters to pull on the vast amounts of Fear required to perform said moves.

Unfortunately with the fact that RPing takes place on the forums, there is no way we can currently account for strategic thinking. People who use the Barrier or go up against someone with it will need to keep it in mind, just as they do when fighting against a group and one of them happens to be weaker/have less HP than the rest. It's up to the players themselves to be honorable and considerate towards each other and attack based on their character's current IC situation, rather than looking at the OOC HP values and going "oh hey, that person will be KO'd in a couple turns, I might as well help take them out."

To be honest, I personally view the Barrier and Headlights Fear moves as situational based. They're more useful in boss and large group battles, rather than 1vs1 or groups smaller than three.

Again, the battle system will probably never be finalized. I think if the Barrier was ever changed to last x amount of turns, then it would not negate all attacks. It would either negate a certain amount (ie, take 2 less damage for the next two turns), or have a set amount of "HP" that needed to be demolished before someone could attack it.

But either way, the barrier would still have the OOC mark against it. "That person has a shield up, I can't attack them. WHELP might as well go for their buddy over there instead..."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:38 am
Ah k, makes it simple Fear are for battles only. It does makes sense since once has limited use/drains a lot of energy. Thanks.

Speaking of headlights, let's say someone does have a headlights ability where it actually involves flashing lights and such, I'm guessing it'll have no effect on someone who is blind?  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:45 am
It does effect the blind ~ people are discouraged from giving FEAR attacks weaknesses like "cannot harm fire-based creatures/people with no noses/students that can fly" ~ and such. Because it's based around a dice roll that will not take those traits into account. If someone still wants to go that route, it's up to them as the players to add whatever flavour text is needed to make the hit/miss actually make sense.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:48 am
Ooooh k, I was wondering about that. Thanks. Just gotta be creative when it does happen. XD  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:50 am
It's not the effect that does the damage when it comes to Fear attacks -- it's the fear that causes the damage. Think of "fear" in this shop the same way you think of energy and mana/magic points in a video game. You need the fear/mana to cast/use the attack, yes?

So for a blind character facing someone with glittery lights, it's not the lights that affect them. It's the effect the fear/magical energy produces, which is paralysis. Most likely the blind student would feel the Fear attack rather than see it~  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:55 pm
Hrmmm... that's interesting. So the headlights can almost be anything, but the results for the ability will be the same. That opens up the use of it. Woot, thanks, I might change my character's then.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm
With sense soul, would they be able to tell which ghost is which? Say Roch wants to get Jove for a water balloon fight, could he go "I... ah, there he is!" and go find him?

And would they sense the size of the ghost or the amount of their FEAR?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:36 pm
I would say thats more of tier two natural ability for specific ghosts
~ amount of FEAR would be a yes for T1 sense soul, basically they'd be able to tell a Y1 from a Y2 or a graduate level ghost  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:43 am
That's pretty much how I pictured it, actually! And it brings up some interesting plot ideas, too, thanks!  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games