Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:18 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ♥ chrístσphєr whítєthσrnє ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with Jason
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is so weird. ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє ❀ ❀ ❀xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є ❀ ❀ ❀xxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWeirdly, Adalaide found herself incredibly grateful for the lack of a heartbeat. Something about not feeling the pounding in her chest made it easier to suppress her nerves, like if she couldn't feel the nervous thumping, they weren't real. They were, though, and as helpful as that was, it didn't entirely get rid of the anxious feeling in the pit of her stomach. There was something uncommonly odd about being back at the castle, for starters, particularly since when she'd graduated, she'd been certain she wouldn't be returning. Being back, but this time as a staff member, was equally strange. Seeing the Great Hall from the vantage point of the staff table made her feel like something was wrong, like any moment now she was going to be noticed and redirected to the Hufflepuff table. She wondered if this was a common concern among new professors, but imagined not; most people were significantly older before they became teachers, after all. As she approached, she found herself making note of the faces at the table, more than a little uncomfortable. She'd sort of been hoping to avoid anyone she knew, but that didn't quite seem to be possible, given the way they'd managed to space themselves out.

spaceShe barely contained the urge to chew her lip, not wanting to out herself to anyone on staff who wasn't already aware of her condition. She desperately wanted to avoid Amata and Jason, the former because she wasn't sure how her former professor was going to react to the news that Adalaide had become a vampire, and the latter because... well, she already knew how he felt about it. He'd made it perfectly clear, after all. But, of the two... Jason was certainly the less awkward choice, she thought. She'd considered sitting with Sophie for all of a second, but she wasn't sure if the American knew what'd happened to her, or how she'd react if she didn't (even odds that Jason had told her or neglected to do so, the blonde figured). Besides, there was something off-putting about the man she was speaking to, and Ada was nervous enough as it was. No need to go making an arse of herself because the guy made her uncomfortable for no reason. So, very quietly, the Hufflepuff made her way down the table and settled into the seat next to her former boss. She didn't speak, figuring that Jason would be less than inclined to make conversation with her. Particularly given the mood he seemed to be in; he was always in a foul mood, but tonight something seemed particularly off about it. She was certain her presence would make it worse, but figured she might get lucky and he'd elect to simply ignore her. She could only hope, anyway. Though, far too late, she found herself wondering if he'd even known she'd been hired... Oops. Possibly not, which made this that much worse. Oh, well. she was already seated... What's the worst that could happen?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❀ ❀ ❀ fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❀ ❀ ❀ thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:39 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Great Hall - Staff Table

Thorsten looked over as a redheaded woman took a seat next to him. It took him a moment to realize that she was actually talking to him. Perhaps it was because most people didn’t, being a lone wolf as it were. Shaking the hand held out to him, Thorsten listened to the woman ramble. He knew someone like that once. “Thank you Sophie. I’m Thorsten Eckstein, the new Ghoul and Ghost Studies Professor.” He introduced in a slightly monotone voice, his accent revealing itself as he spoke. “As for being new in Britain, I actually am. Born and raised in Germany.” He told her with more of a feeling behind his tone.

Thorsten realized he needed to try and be less closed off from his colleges. If he couldn’t do that what would the students think? Of course he wasn’t overly concerned about them. Thorsten preferred to be distant from others but he knew he didn't have to go over the top. Just looking down at the table he knew he didn't want to be like the guy on the end, whoever he was. “I take it you aren’t from around here. My guess America, then?” he asked curiously. As he glanced over at the hat sorted two students into Ravenclaw and one into Slytherin.

With : Fellow colleges... Sophie

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:52 pm
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering
Arithmancy Professor of Hogwarts

+ Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on March 25, 2003
+ Wand: Supple, with a knobby shaft, 10 7/8 inches, Osage Orange, Dragon Heart String
+ Former Coyote Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
+ Dressed: Like Usual
(Werewolf - No True Pack Affiliation)
Currently it is: Academic Year of 2030-2031xxx

Sophie forced a smile and nodded at his greeting trying to push herself to be more sociable. She was never going to be a social butterfly but she could at least work to be more warm in her greetings and less awkward. Maybe she could bank on some of that Southern charm that every Georgian Peach was supposed to have. She at least had the accent still, though her past few years in Britain had watered it down ever so slightly. "Ghoul and Ghost Studies, that sounds interesting. I have a cousin who works in the Poltergeist Unit now."

She tucked a strand of hair that was loose back and glanced to the sorting before turning her attention back to Thorsten and nodded when he guessed America. "I reckon my accent betrays my roots pretty well, good sir." She paused glancing back to the sorting before trying small talk of sorts, "So, what brought you here? I mean before the obvious of the job... was it just for teaching you came or something else too... Sorry is that too personal?" She added quickly blushing slightly at her forwardness.

murruelecreuset

((OoC))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:42 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ➸ 𝓚𝓸𝓵𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓥𝓲𝓷𝒆𝓻 ➸
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Hm, drat, he's not here yet. ❞

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDrusilla pouted somewhat as she approached the staff table, noting the absence of Kolton immediately. She was hoping to catch up with the man some, which was rather difficult to do if he wasn't there. Normally she was the one missing, not the other way around, she thought. None of the other staff members she was on friendly terms with had arrived yet, either, she noticed with a sigh. Ah, well. Someone would be along shortly, she figured, and settled into what had become her usual seat. Rather than watching the sorting like she typically did, the Seer opted to pull out a tarot deck, shuffling it almost compulsively. Very suddenly, her hands ceased, and she cut the deck, selecting the top card from the bottom section. She tilted her head as she inspected it, unsurprised. The two of cups, again. This was becoming a trend, she'd noticed. The thought made her look up for Kolton again, frowning when she didn't see him making his way to the table yet. In spite of letters, she'd missed him over the Summer. Next holiday they'd have to arrange to spend time together. She would like that... hopefully he agreed.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:44 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason didn't need to hear the footsteps approaching, nor did he need to hear the voice of the person that sat down next to him. After all, he hadn't forgotten her scent since he made it a point to storm over to her house when she missed work. Which, he had made sure to let his displeasure known when he did. Now, the vampiress was sitting right next to him and he sighed, deciding that any conversation they had had better be at levels only they could hear. He glared down the table to where the students sat, glad that neither Tristan nor Morven were aware of what was going to transpire. Still keeping his eyes focused on the tables, he muttered low. "So, how exactly is unlife working out? Missing the sun yet? I would have thought that someone that loved plants so much wouldn't take the route of the night. Or did your bloody bat for a husband decide to turn you against your will?"

No, he still was not happy with Ada's choice of lifestyle, but he couldn't exactly change it. As it was, he was having to wrestle the inner alpha in him to keep from reaching over and tearing her throat out and leaving her for the sun to claim. He never thought he'd feel that way about the bloody Hufflepuff, but he figured it had to happen sometime. After all, he was still waiting for the day his patience finally snapped around the Hufflepuffs in his pack and he just disposed of all of them. It'd be at once theraputic and frustrating, but he didn't doubt it would happen eventually.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: I swear, if I have one person bother me tonight, I may just commit a murder...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:48 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is so weird. ❞

spaceAdalaide twitched at the sound of his voice, barely managing to do that rather than jump. She really hadn't expected him to speak to her. Or acknowledge her presence in any way. She almost managed a wry smile in response to his words, but his accusation towards Chris made her stiffen. Her eyes darted to look at him, and she frowned. "You know damn well that's utter nonsense," she hissed, voice too low for any but him and maybe Sophie to hear. "It took my almost dying for him to even consider it. This was my choice, thank you very much." Her hand settled on the table, fingers tapping out an agitated rhythm. Was she really going to explain this to him? When he'd stopped by before, she'd not gotten the chance to even get a word in edge-wise. She'd tried, Merlin knows she'd tried. But she'd still been shaken up over everything that'd happened, and somewhat afraid. She'd never actually seen Jason angry before then. Annoyed, yes. But never angry. It'd been terrifying at the time, though in retrospect, she wasn't entirely sure what there was to be afraid of.

spaceThe tapping ceased, her hand relaxing on the table through sheer willpower on her part. "You know what happened. In the alley," she said, eye twitching at the memory. She didn't like thinking about it. "Chris was... afraid. Almost lost me while he was asleep, nothing he could do about it. He knew I wanted it anyway, I'd asked before. Not that you should be surprised by that. So he finally caved." Her tone turned almost smug at this; she was still rather pleased with how it'd all worked out, if she were perfectly honest. Finally turned, still young enough that people didn't look at them too hard when they were out together, finally able to be with him forever. Things were different now, in the best way, at least as far as she was concerned. "And it's treating me rather well, actually. Unlife, I mean. Chocolate doesn't taste as good anymore, that's sort of a bummer. But the sex is great." She turned her head then, just a bit, and smirked, eyes sparkling in a decidedly teasing light. She wasn't sure why she was poking him like this, except that he'd insulted Chris. She knew the man was never going to be fond of her husband, but she wouldn't tolerate accusations like that. She might slightly be trying to make Jason regret speaking to her. If he was going to engage her in conversation, he could at least be nice about it. She'd sat next to him, sure, but she'd not said a word. He was the one who'd decided to chat.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:04 am
Sebastian "Ian" Windsor

Cursebreaking ProfessorPurebloodFatherRavenclaw AlumniArchaeologist

User Image

I see the colors of the world—they're rearranging
The center sentinels are cunningly estranging all...
I think a little about a lot, I'm introverted
You think a lot about a little never heard it all, of our energy.

And I bring these words to life...

╔══════════════════════════════╗

Sebastian walked into the hall casually, looking quite calm as usual. He could see his son, now a legal wizard at age, chatting with his friend. To be honest, he didn't like the fact that his son was getting ear piercings during the summer (at least on the earlobes) but he could not say anything about it, since his wife openly gave their son the permission to do that. But then, his wife wore more than two earrings too so it was only fair but still... Well, he's seventeen and he's been a great student for the past seven years anyway, even excelled at Transfiguration with an Outstanding when during Sebastian's student years he only got an Acceptable. Jean was even eager to take Animagus Studies when he could not due to his not-brilliant skills at Transfiguration.

He arrived at the table at last, but he felt like something eerie was going on here. He noticed that there was another new professor taking in, who was looking more disheveled than him being an archaeologist running for his life among the curses during his younger years. He then noticed a man with long hair with that glaring expression that made him look like look he was going to throw that Monster Book at him. Then there was that lady beside that particular guy, and she looked really pale, did she took any lunch or breakfast? Sebastian was just concerned is all. Merlin, who was he kidding, there was nothing wrong in this staff table. If there was then Steele would have noticed it, and he didn't. The only that was weird in the table was Dru, but she was really fine for him to be honest. He assumed that it was eerie because of the new professor and just shrugged his shoulders. He took at seat down and opened a pocket book, another Muggle book.

[ OOC : Open for Interaction! ]

╚══════════════════════════════╝

We stay up late and draw the lines to every constellation,
We live with all our sorrows tied to age and separation
These are the days of love and life, these are our expectations
We stay up late to live tonight, this is our destination

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking : "This feast seemed fine as usual"
With : Himself
Attire : Neat and Simple Robes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:19 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason rolled his eyes, thinking that Ada was sugar-coating the truth. He knew perfectly well they were all monsters, his just came out once a month and he had no control of it. Unless he drank a potion, but that was about it. He would rather not be infectious, or be a very real threat to everyone around him if he forgot his potion, but that was his life. He'd just adapted to it, and part of him was actually wondering if he should be terrified of the idea that he'd taken so well to his own affliction, while the other part, the alpha, was merely growling and saying it was meant to be. Jason tended to shove that part away more often than not since he would rather not try and add to his pack like it was insisting he do. "Utter nonsense or not, it still happened, and you left me without any sort of help, hell, without anyone in the shop to help besides someone that was supposed to be in class when I was teaching. That's a rather bad mark you left on your record. I'm shocked that Steele decided to hire you, but honestly, he could have picked worse."

He sighed as she mentioned that she'd wanted it. Well, that was true. No one, not even he himself, wanted to be a werewolf. He would grant her that. However, the comment about her undead life made him snort. "I really would prefer not to hear about your mating habits, thank you. I would need a pretty powerful memory charm to remove that image from my head, and sadly, I didn't even want to consider that bats were even capable of procreating when you came to work pregnant. However, as you stated, that's your choice. Can't exactly get a Time Turner to reverse the choices if I could. I doubt they'd allow for any werewolf to handle such a thing."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: I swear, if I have one person bother me tonight, I may just commit a murder...
                                                      OOC:

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:45 pm
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw Alumni │ Mind Magic Professor

Kolton rubbed his eyes, walking up to the staff table and suppressing a yawn. He figured that he could get a quick lick of sleep before the feast started, but it had managed to run a little later than expected, which meant that he was one of the later professors to arrive at the sorting. Eh, it wasn't that big a deal. He didn't teach first years anyway, so it wasn't like he had to pay too much attention to what house each one was sorted into. It became a bit easy to tell after the first go anyway. He smiled when he caught sight of Dru, walking towards her and taking the empty seat next to her. "Hello, Dru. It's good to see you again. How was your summer?" Kolton wasn't just being polite when he said it was good to see her again. Dru (he thought that they were on friendly enough terms that he could call her that--she had kissed him the previous year, for goodness sake! Even if it was only on the cheek.) was really the only other professor he talked to, or was even acquainted with. He would greet the other professors politely, but he never really thought of them as good friends--not in the way he thought of Dru.

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:36 pm
User Image
Professor Thorsten Eckstein
Pureblood Professor of Ghoul and Ghost Studies Former Durmstrang, Keltainen

Location : Great Hall - Staff Table

Thorsten was surprised to hear that Sophie had a cousin in the poltergeist unit. “It is. I’d thought of that profession when I was a kid.” He commented before adding. “I imagine Arthimacy is interesting subject as well.” He added never taking in school. He always leaned to the more visual path of future seeking. When she mentioned her accent betraying her roots he nodded as he looked at the sorting. “Yes, it certainly helped.” He told her honestly though he suspected the same thing could be said about his accent.

As Sophie decided to ask Thorsten why he came to be there, he didn’t know how he felt about the question. On one hand it wasn’t all that complicated but there were parts that made it a little worse for wear. “No need to apologize.” Thorsten told her with a wave of his hand before going on to explain. “After I was done my schooling at Durmstrang Institute I needed a change. I left Germany for Belgium to research the afterlife.” He explained. “While there I met a woman, her name is Heidi. She became pregnant, had the child – a girl – though she was not ready for it all. So, I took on responsibility. Her name is Cornelia.” He told Sophie with a rare smile. Cornelia was indeed his world. “I then decided to continue travel to here, saw Hogwarts needed a professor for the subject I’m interested in and I applied.” He finished looking to the sorted first years. “In truth I enjoy the study of what comes after the living whatever it might be.”

“Might I ask what brought you here?” Thorsten asked clearly there was a story there. Not that he was prying into anything. Chances were it was as simple as he was making his story out to be. Of course he wouldn’t dare go into the reason behind wanting a change. That he’d rather bury in the past and evidently take to his grave.

With : Fellow colleges... Sophie

Wearing : Professional

OOC : - - -

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:16 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ➸ 𝓚𝓸𝓵𝓽𝓸𝓷 𝓥𝓲𝓷𝒆𝓻 ➸
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with Kolton
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Bored
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ Hm, drat, he's not here yet. ❞

𝒜 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝓂 𝓎 𝓂 𝒾 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝐼 𝒾 𝓂 𝒶 𝑔 𝒾 𝓃 𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝓂 𝒶 𝓃 𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶 𝓇 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝓇 𝑒 𝒶 𝓁 𝓁 𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓅𝑒𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒾 𝓃 𝓉 𝒽 𝑒 𝑔 𝓇 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 ✥ ✥ ✥xxx

spaceDrusilla didn't quite notice when someone sat next to her, wrapped up as she was in the cards, as per usual. However, the sound of Kolton's voice drew her focus, and she grinned widely, setting the cards down on the table to clasp her hands together. "Oh, there you are, pet!" she chirped. "You're quite late, you know. I was beginning to fret, thought you might not be coming." The Seer grabbed her cards off the table and put them back in their pouch, tucking it away in a pocket before she slid a hand to his and laid her head on his shoulder. "Oh! My Summer! Yes. Well... It was rather typical, I'm afraid. Boring, I mean. Not much to do... I wandered Cokeworth a bit, that was odd. I typically stay home, but I didn't feel like being all cooped up. I would have written, but I don't have an owl... I keep meaning to get one. But, you know how forgetful I am." She rolled her eyes and gave a self-deprecating chuckle. Perhaps she should write a note for herself... trouble was, if she did so, it would be at the castle, and she wouldn't see it at any point where she had the ability to actually go purchase an owl. Absently, the hand she'd laid atop his patted it, and she lifted her head to meet his eyes. "Hm, and yours? Pleasant, I hope?"

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼'𝓁𝓁 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝓅 𝑜 𝓊 𝓃 𝒹 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁 𝒾 𝒹
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒮𝒶𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐼 𝒽 𝒶 𝓋 𝑒 𝓃 ' 𝓉 𝒻 𝒾 𝓃 𝒾 𝓈 𝒽 𝑒 𝒹 𝓎𝑒𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝓉 𝒶 𝓉 𝓉 𝑜 𝑜 𝓉𝑜 𝑔 𝑒 𝓉
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐼'𝓂 𝓁 𝒾 𝓋 𝒾 𝓃 𝑔 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂 𝑜 𝓂 𝑒 𝓃 𝓉

User Image

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:22 pm
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering
Arithmancy Professor of Hogwarts

+ Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on March 25, 2003
+ Wand: Supple, with a knobby shaft, 10 7/8 inches, Osage Orange, Dragon Heart String
+ Former Coyote Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
+ Dressed: Like Usual
(Werewolf - No True Pack Affiliation)
Currently it is: Academic Year of 2030-2031xxx

"Interesting if you like math," Sophie answered with a small shrug, glancing away and biting her lip. Arithmancy was rarely one of the subjects considered particularly interesting. It was notorious for being difficult and if you wanted to know the future most went for divination. Ghost and Ghoul Studies was also a niche subject, but Sophie was fairly sure it attracted more than an elective match course as arithmancy was often seen to be. She glanced back and gave a small smile and nod when he spoke of her accent. She couldn't have a more sterotypical American accent if she tried. It was what many Brittish and others liked to call a "real" American accent. Apparently a midwestern accent or New York or Boston accent or West Coast accent wasn't considered honest and real "American".

She propped a chin up with one hand as her blue eyes fixed on Thorsten as she listened to his story. Sophie couldn't decide if the mysterious Heidi was still a fixture in the man's life or not. She decided it didn't matter and wasn't worth pressing but she did ask, "Where's Cornelia during the school year? I assume she'll be going to either Beubaxton or Durmstrang then?" Sophie knew from her sister that raising a child while working as a professor at Hogwarts. Mary and Quinn spent the school year in Georgia with their grandmother and during the summer Bréanainn and Christina worked out visiting the children. She felt a bit sorry for the twins to have to deal with two parents as professors. At least the two taught older years only.

When the question turned to her, Sophie nodded down the table where her sister (currently brunette) was sitting, "My sister, she's a healing professor. She came from the States for the professorship. She wanted a change from being a healer in Boston." Sophie paused and shrugged, "Anyways, she brought me with her when I came. I didn't originally become a professor, I worked in Hogsmeade at the Magic Neep-it's the grocery store there-our mother back home owns a health food shop I helped with. Well, the professorship for arithmancy was open and it's one of my favorite and best subjects so I sort of fell into teaching. It works though... I don't ever have big classes to worry about or anything. Arithmancy attracts the more studious and quieter sort usually. It's nice."

murruelecreuset

((OoC))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:03 pm
We will call this place our home,
The dirt in which our roots may grow.
Though the storms will push and pull,
We will call this place our home.
We’ll tell our stories on these walls.
Every year, measure how tall.
And just like a work of art,
We’ll tell our stories on these walls.

User Image
G E R M A I N E
D Y A N
U M B E R

former hufflepuffmugglebornlibrarian

Germaine probably hadn't been this excited at a feast since her first feast at Hogwarts as a staff member, and before that her first feast at Hogwarts, ever. Was this how all proud parents felt? Was she unnaturally excited? She didn't think so, and if she was, she didn't care. It was her kids. The word 'kids' still felt a little odd, even more so when she actually said it out loud. After all, Kiley and Kimberly had only been her legal daughters for a month or two. But they already felt like a family, and knowing she had a family again was what was inspiring most of the wide smile she was sporting. She suspected she was already getting and about to get a few strange looks from her co-workers; after all, she had never mentioned having children before, and she'd been at Hogwarts for what was approaching a decade. Add to that the fact that Kiley and Kimberly really looked.... nothing like her, not that she would ever consider that an issue.

She had a long while to wait through the Sorting, seeing as the girls's now shared her last name, which unfortunately began with a 'U'. But it was well worth the wait, and she unconsciously leaned forward in her seat as first, Kiley, then Kimberly were sorted. She burst into applause that bordered on enthusiastic, rather than the usual polite teacher reception, but didn't really care. She could be unprofessional for one night of her life if it meant letting her daughters know how proud she was of them. House didn't matter much to Germaine; she was a Hufflepuff, after all. And the girls both went into the house she'd expected them to: Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, respectively. Kiley would do well in Ravenclaw; it would nurture her creativity and accepting nature. And Kimberly would love Gryffindor; she was already bold and always looking for excitement. She wished she could go over to them now, but tonight was their night, not hers. They knew where to find her.

OOC:
Username

Let the years we’re here be kind.
Let our hearts, like doors, open wide.
Settle our bones like wood over time.
Give us bread, give us salt, give us wine.
A little broken, a little new.
We are the impact and the glue.
Capable of more than we know,
We call this fixer upper home.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:19 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ♥ grαчsσn pσwєll ♥
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with Tanna
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Awkward
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I swear... ❞

thє rαín ís f α l l í n ' σn mч wíndσwpαnєs დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вut wє αrє h í d í n g ín α s α f є r p l α c є დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          undєr cσvєrs stαчíng d r ч αnd w α r m დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          чσu gívє mє f є є l í n g s thαt í α d σ r є დ დ დxxx

spaceAmata swore, Grayson was rubbing off on her. That was the only thing she could think of when she finally appeared at the Staff table, well into the sorting ceremony and very obviously running late. She huffed in annoyance when, settling in next to Tanna, she noticed the man wasn't there, either, which just figured. He barely seemed to remember to make it without her showing up at his door to remind him. Tonight, she hadn't managed it, mostly because she'd been late enough herself, and not particularly worried about it. It wasn't like anyone would even notice his absence; he was gone as often as he was there, after all. She offered her friend an agitated sort of smile, leaning back in her chair, cheeks a bit flushed; alright, she'd run down the last set of stairs. No sense being any more late than she already was by taking her precious time, after all. "Evening," she said, then glanced up and down the table curiously until her eyes landed on a familiar blonde. She felt an odd jolt; she'd known, obviously, but it was still odd to be seeing it with her own eyes. Not that there was much to actually see, granted, certainly not from this distance. A rather noticeable change in complexion, sure, but that was about all. The fact that she seemed to be talking to Jason struck Amata as odd, too; actually, Jason talking to anyone was odd. But particularly to perky former Hufflepuff vampires. Truth be told, finding out about her former classmate's status hadn't been all that surprising when he'd begun teaching (or had it been when she'd become Head of House? Which had come first? Merlin, she didn't even remember), but she did seem to remember there being a thing about werewolves and vampires disliking one another on principle... Why, she had no bloody clue, but then, she wasn't a werewolf or a vampire, now was she? Still, the surly Slytherin having a conversation with her former student was definitely weird. Unless he was threatening the girl for sitting next to him... that might actually make sense.

xxxდ დ დ ít stαrts ín mч t σ є s, mαkєs mє c r í n k l є mч n σ s є
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ w h є r є v є r ít gσєs, í α l w α ч s knσw
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ thαt чσu mαkє mє s m í l є, plєαsє s t α ч fσr α w h í l є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ just t α k є чσur t í m є , w h є r є v є r чσu gσ

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:58 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Nervous
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ This is so weird. ❞

spaceAdalaide frowned at him; seriously? He had the gall to insult her work ethic and responsibility? She swore, she'd never wanted to hit the man upside his head before, but she was seriously contemplating it right then. "Terribly sorry, I chose to be selfish for once in my life. Chris would've changed his mind long before my two weeks were up. In any case, it's only because of me that you had Dori to rely on at all, given that I'm the one who convinced him to take the position, so you're welcome" she said smoothly, rolling her eyes. His comment on her being hired made her snort, and she managed a small smirk. "Funnily enough, you're the only boss I've ever had until coming here, so the only way he'd have known anything about my track record, which was impeccable, may I remind you, until this little incident, is if he'd asked you. And yet I still got hired. So either he ignored your undoubtedly overly critical warnings, or you had something nice to say for once in your life." She wasn't quite willing to bet that Jason had said anything nice about her, to be perfectly honest. She was pretty sure he was still sore over her leaving him, and so figured Steele had just assumed Jason was being harsher than necessary and ignored his comments. Still, she couldn't resist needling the man. Some things weren't going to change simply because her diet had, after all. And she did note that he was still being relatively nice to her, which blew her mind. Admitting that she wasn't the worst choice that could've been made was practically on par with praise as far as the werewolf was concerned.

spaceShe snickered faintly, obviously pleased to have rankled him with the comment on her sex life. She didn't bother to tell him that he'd heard the last of it; she wasn't one to discuss that with anyone. The fact she'd said anything at all spoke volumes about how annoyed she'd been with his accusation towards Chris; she'd overcome one of her own sources of discomfort just to make him uncomfortable in her stead. But, she wasn't going to bother him by continuing on with it... Not out of any favor to him. She just didn't care to see how much it took to make her blush tonight. "I suppose you can just be thankful that you never have to worry about it happening again," she teased. It was honestly sort of unsettling, how many otherwise intelligent people she had in her life who'd had no clue that vampires could have children. Or, well. Male vampires. But still. Chalmes had been the only one who'd known. Chalmes. There was something incredibly backwards about that. "Time turners are a waste, anyway," she said simply. "You just have to live with what happens to you, whether it's by your own choice or not. Sucks sometimes, but that's life." Merlin knew that Ada had things she might've wanted to go differently. But there wasn't actually anything to be done. Time travel, she found, was tricky, and she didn't care for it... in spite of her family's collective obsession with Doctor Who. No, she'd rather just... live. No need for any confusing changes in timelines or alterations of events.

User Image

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash