Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:37 pm
You do need to let up on EK a bit though Mate.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:42 pm
Hey... If he'd used that Transverter or whatever it was called at the start of our final battle I'd have been screwed. lol  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:52 pm
stellarmagic
Hey... If he'd used that Transverter or whatever it was called at the start of our final battle I'd have been screwed. lol

Seriously though.
This fighting between you hand him has got to stop.
You're both regulars who put their best into the RP and we need more of that.
The Bickering we can do without. We get enough of that as it is from other groups, myself included.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:02 pm
I'm annoyed that he disreguarded my advice. He has better ships then when I last fought him, it's like he hasn't suffered a defeat at all.  

stellarmagic

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:26 am
Cale Darksun
Seemed like a jab to me.
And what are the chances your advice would be read anyway?
None of the newbs read the OGG.
Funny, thing was. Thats about there first thing I semi-fully read when I joined.

Then I did a rip off of it in my old Atlantis guild.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:09 pm
stellarmagic
I'm annoyed that he disreguarded my advice. He has better ships then when I last fought him, it's like he hasn't suffered a defeat at all.
You're wrong. I lost Wayland, Mandalore, and Onderon, as well as Dathomir, and as soon as Kage hurries, I lose Kathleen.

That's pretty crippling, wouldn't you say?

Besides, the only reason I didn't use the Transverter the last time was because you were blowing steam that time, and everyone was mad at me anyway, so I didn't use it to the end.

But don't worry, your time is coming. You might win many more battles, but trust me, one day you will screw up, and someone will be their to clean up the mess you leave.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm
Thats just it, you're fighting me now as though Borill was still my primary character. He's not. Hell, I'm thinking about making Rear Admiral Kull my character for the next installment of Legacy. I might even be playing as both sides during the next Installment.

No... You should put away your fleets, disband them even, and fade into the background, gathering allies that will join you once Fel returns. Until then, do nothing. Period.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:15 pm
Easy for you to say. You're not the one who has to worry about the GLF and Sith when all's said and done.

The Sith, despite everything they've done, still can't even imagine ever being ousted by anyone. When that time comes, I'll feel safe knowing I have loyal forces at my back to control the military while we crush the rest of the Sith, and maybe possibly the GLF, if it comes to it.

But let's stop talking about that here.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:15 pm
I'm thinking about doing a OGG article on the mechanics of blaster technology... What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:59 pm
ElladanKenet
Easy for you to say. You're not the one who has to worry about the GLF and Sith when all's said and done.

The Sith, despite everything they've done, still can't even imagine ever being ousted by anyone. When that time comes, I'll feel safe knowing I have loyal forces at my back to control the military while we crush the rest of the Sith, and maybe possibly the GLF, if it comes to it.

You make it sound like the GLF and sith tag-teamed up against you specifically.

You're not going to win simply by drawing attention; you lose utapau, you risk your entire operations. You also forget that nearly half the army will subvert out of the sith ranks when the proper time comes.

Its easy for you to say "Oh, but I'm outgunned". The sith have the hardest job of the three, all you got to do is suck up your gut, tighten your belt, and dance around the person who's got two people fighting him at once.

Sure, he may duck and you get whacked by a right hook from the GLF, but for the most part, if you're complainign about how tough it is to stay hidden, you're simply trying to puch too hard. The Sith have to track the GLF and you down. They have to spend resources and thin their ranks to try and counter you.

Instead, what you do is set up a giant beacon saying "I'm right here boys" and get creamed because you tried to tease the cat. Now scurry into your mouse hole and build. Otherwise, quit complaining about how tough it is to find recruits. I mean, you already have your magical system; try actually building a force away from sight instead of right in plain sight.

Let me put it to you this way: You know how water boils? it bubbles up all over the place? Well, you're not doing that. You're more like a zit on the a** of the sith, one which they keep finding and trying to pop, or glaze over with severe arsenal.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 am
stellarmagic
I'm thinking about doing a OGG article on the mechanics of blaster technology... What do you guys think?

already in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:10 am
Not the way I'm doing them... I'm explaining how the things work.  

stellarmagic

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:19 pm
Nelowulf
ElladanKenet

You make it sound like the GLF and sith tag-teamed up against you specifically.

You're not going to win simply by drawing attention; you lose utapau, you risk your entire operations. You also forget that nearly half the army will subvert out of the sith ranks when the proper time comes.

Its easy for you to say "Oh, but I'm outgunned". The sith have the hardest job of the three, all you got to do is suck up your gut, tighten your belt, and dance around the person who's got two people fighting him at once.

Sure, he may duck and you get whacked by a right hook from the GLF, but for the most part, if you're complainign about how tough it is to stay hidden, you're simply trying to puch too hard. The Sith have to track the GLF and you down. They have to spend resources and thin their ranks to try and counter you.

Instead, what you do is set up a giant beacon saying "I'm right here boys" and get creamed because you tried to tease the cat. Now scurry into your mouse hole and build. Otherwise, quit complaining about how tough it is to find recruits. I mean, you already have your magical system; try actually building a force away from sight instead of right in plain sight.

Let me put it to you this way: You know how water boils? it bubbles up all over the place? Well, you're not doing that. You're more like a zit on the a** of the sith, one which they keep finding and trying to pop, or glaze over with severe arsenal.
Three actually.
Jedi, Fel Loyalist, and the GLF.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:54 pm
stellarmagic
Not the way I'm doing them... I'm explaining how the things work.

Its already in there. Any compounding upon the subject is irrelevant and unnecessary.

Plus, it'd be neat to get something fresh into the guide rather than weaponry and vehicles of the galaxy. Its not an owner's manual...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:45 pm
What could we add thats not weaponry, technology, or force skills... The Outlaws most hated political groups?  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games