Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:34 pm
Thats an executable offense. Since no stormtrooper will ever willingly turn over his armor, it implies you killed a trooper and took it from him.
On the Rim you might get away with it. Any further coreward and you're usually stunned on sight and "Interrogated" before being shipped off to kessel.
Or just shot by deeply offended troopers.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:04 pm
I'd imagine that if they didn't assume you killed a trooper, they'd think you at least broke into and stole from a military installation. You'd be just as screwed though.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:15 pm
Cale Darksun
Thats an executable offense. Since no stormtrooper will ever willingly turn over his armor, it implies you killed a trooper and took it from him.
On the Rim you might get away with it. Any further coreward and you're usually stunned on sight and "Interrogated" before being shipped off to kessel.
Or just shot by deeply offended troopers.

That... sucks lol. I read that after the battle of Endor, troopers were outraged by the embarrassing defeat. I mean, they were white in green, right? Question to me, is, is armor die on said terrain acceptable?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:41 pm
Nothing expressly forbids it but its usage had fallen away after the switch to a peace time army.
After Endor new rules were written up establishing apropriate recoloring of armor for missions in wilderness settings.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:36 pm
Alright, makes me feel better. lol

I'm still a bit confused as to how blasters are reloaded. How would an E-11 be reloaded? I see what would be the magazine, is that removed?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:41 pm
Yes. In larger rifles a Blaster Power Pack is the same as the ammo Magazine.
In Pistols the power pack is usually more akin to a disposable battery in shape and size. They usually fit right into the handle of the gun along with the energy cell which powers the blaster.
Thats why most heavy blaster pistols are so clunky looking. They feed off a rifle grade power pack. In the DL 44 the power pack slides into the boxy part foreward of the trigger.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:46 pm
Ahh, ok. Sounds silly, but can rounds be removed from a power pack? Or can it be damaged?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm
Most blasters can not have rounds removed from the pack as its a pack of blaster gas.
Accelerated Charge Particle guns are the exception as each of their rounds is a self contained shot.

And yes they can be damaged. In my RPG days my party would often improvise bombs with detonite tape wrapped blaster powerpacks and grenades.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:59 pm
Ah, ok. ACP weapons, like our firearms, right? I recognize the name from Republic Commando, and the .45 ACP. But, if it's a pack of gas, where is the charged round coming from? The Tibanna and... ?

That's a really good improvisation.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:16 pm
Our grasp of things that went boom was pretty primative but Blasters were generally our answer for everything because everyone in the party had like three of them. Need a smokeless heat source? overload a blaster. Improvized explosive? use a blaster power pack. temporary energy source? scavenge a blaster's energy cell. Need something on the rim but have no money? Barter a blaster for it. Have to cut through a door? Set the blaster beam focus on high and burn through.
I even made a Jedi that used a blaster rifle barrel for the hilt of his lightsaber.

And what sets off an ACP round is just a small electrical charge. No chemical reaction necessary. A small electric jolt ignights the round and propells it down the barrel.

ACPs are not like our firearms. Slugthrowers are like our firearms. ACPs function like a stepping stone between Slugthrowers and Blasters. They shoot energy but have individual casings for each round of blaster gas.

Keep in mind, however, that Tibanna Gas is not suitable for personal weapons. It works best in a blaster cannon, not a blaster pistol. The exception to this is the DC line of Blasters, Blastech's line of armor piercing military blasters designed to combat droids. Those were plasma guns as opposed to particle guns like most other blasters, so they were able to handle tibanna gas.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 pm
Very nice. Kidin and I might play Friday, maybe improvising like that will come up.

Ah, so how are ACP Weapons fed?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:58 pm
Same way conventional guns are: Clips, cartridges, and belts that hold the individual rounds.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:02 pm
Oh, ok. You said it was electrically charged, right? Where does this electricity come from?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:22 pm
...The Energy cell.
All blasters have an energy cell in addition to a power pack.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:33 pm
Would an ion blast short out a blaster?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers