Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
Claim a Character: 342 Claimed! (UPDATED 5/4/10) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krell356

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:13 am
Ravenwolf
Well at first the claims were permanent, even if you did leave the guild. At least this way, people are reclaimable, but it still has some semblance of permanence. It wasn't meant that you can just switch them like trading cards. Besides, if there were a time limit for inactivity, where would you draw the line? People would always be begging to make an exception for someone who's not quite outside the time limit and whatnot... I just think it's better to have a clear-cut yes or no.

ok, good point  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:39 pm
On a note of time limits:

People may have new hobbies and such, and in so, will have moved to something else. Even if it seems they aren't coming back...its my belief that they might. As such, I don't accept changes.

My word means little though since I have spent almost a year away @_@. (more reason to why I think they shouldn't trade people)

Raven can pick and choose however she wishes as she is the most active blaugh  

Kazuma Ishimaru

Vice Captain

Timely Advisor

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:46 pm
I guess all that leaves me to claim is Maria from FFII...I think >>;. Unless I don't got my names right...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:24 pm
See, Kazuma proved his own point! Thank you. ^_^

Sure Zero, Maria's yours.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:00 am
Ravenwolf
Well at first the claims were permanent, even if you did leave the guild. At least this way, people are reclaimable, but it still has some semblance of permanence. It wasn't meant that you can just switch them like trading cards. Besides, if there were a time limit for inactivity, where would you draw the line? People would always be begging to make an exception for someone who's not quite outside the time limit and whatnot... I just think it's better to have a clear-cut yes or no.

I'd draw the line at inactivity over two years. Yes, I'd be willing to do houserules for it just to avoid exceptions of exceptions. That would also (at least in theory) remind people of that if they choose something it is permanent as long as they are active and they may still have to give up of the character. Still that much time would be generous and prevents the card trade effect. From some guilds you are thrown out if you're not active over a month, for example. Two years is long time at Internet community and clear-cut period, that is my main point here.

Clear rules are a must. But just as system, this is not bulletproof rule. I don't mind that much choosing something else, I'm more unsatisfied of the fact that long time inactivity hasn't been taken as a subject until now.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:27 pm
Schutzhund
Ravenwolf

I'd draw the line at inactivity over two years. Yes, I'd be willing to do houserules for it just to avoid exceptions of exceptions. That would also (at least in theory) remind people of that if they choose something it is permanent as long as they are active and they may still have to give up of the character. Still that much time would be generous and prevents the card trade effect. From some guilds you are thrown out if you're not active over a month, for example. Two years is long time at Internet community and clear-cut period, that is my main point here.

Clear rules are a must. But just as system, this is not bulletproof rule. I don't mind that much choosing something else, I'm more unsatisfied of the fact that long time inactivity hasn't been taken as a subject until now.

I get your point. Since we're trying to get more active members, that might help at least some people stay active. I am considering making a change, but I still stick by all of my points, so it's probably not going to happen.

There's just one last problem with cleaning out the list: That means I have to periodically go through the whole list and see how long since each member has been here, and frankly, that takes way too much time to be feasible to keep up on a regular basis.

...And I'll be completely honest. I don't even know how to check how long since someone's been active. It's not on the Members List, and I don't think being a mod helps.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Schutzhund

5,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:48 am
Ravenwolf
There's just one last problem with cleaning out the list: That means I have to periodically go through the whole list and see how long since each member has been here, and frankly, that takes way too much time to be feasible to keep up on a regular basis.

...And I'll be completely honest. I don't even know how to check how long since someone's been active. It's not on the Members List, and I don't think being a mod helps.

No no.. You shouldn't even think of taking too much responsibility over topics like these. Too much work that isn't really necessary - delegate. I saw char I really wanted being taken and I did the background check by myself just to see what's the status. Same could be house rule so you wouldn't have to go through all and everything once per month but just to check one particularly asked person.

For checking activity, I looked first when person has joined Gaia and logged in last time. That doesn't show on everyone. And I also looked when person posted on forums last time to get some more info.

Like, here is your posts in the forum. You joined Gaia 09/29/2003 and last time when you signed in was today. And from there can be seen that you don't use forum very much, unless at events witch gives also info about your activity and some careful conclusions might be drawn from your guilds list too or when you've replied to someones comment on your profile etc.
This slipped a bit away from original subject, but Gaia does give certain amount info about its users. I have a snack of digging background info when ever I can... xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:37 am
anima from X  

DemonicShadows

200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

chi-eah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:01 pm
Is it cool if I take Venat from 12?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:49 pm
Ohoh! Can I have Ingus from III? whee  

Reels

AerisYunaTifaRikku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:37 pm
User Image

The person who had Larsa left the guild according to a member search... So may I claim him?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:00 pm
Oh good, could I have Noctis from FF13:V?  

Dannywolf

5,550 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 pm
Oh, goodness. I've missed so much!

Anima: Sorry, already taken
Venat: Now belonging to chi-eah!
Ingus: Now belonging to Reels!
Larsa: Now belonging to AerisYunaTifaRikku!
Noct: Yayy! The poor thing's gone weeks unclaimed; I was considering taking him myself.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:26 am
User Image

Thank you. smile

User Image

AerisYunaTifaRikku

hellhound644

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 am
No one even thought of taking any characters fome Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals Ring of Fates eek
In that case I'll take Yuri from Ring of Fates whee  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games