Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eddily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear that Manda. =( *huggles*

Some good news from me though, finally got my first job. =3 It's at Stop and Shop at the gas station there, but at least it's something.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:29 am
o dear. Apparently one cannot discuss the wrongs of beastiality without being suspended on FA. Apparently it's harrassment and trolling when you are intelligently discussing with someone about the wrongs in it and why they are wrong for it. Silly me. redface

Email sent last night at 9:30

There was a notice already on EbonLupus's journal to refrain from
negative remarks and that harassment or trolling would result in a 24
hour suspension.

You posted anyway.

He then told you you were not wanted on his journal page and asked you to leave.

You continued posting.

ANY time a user asks you to stop posting on their pages, even when
Admins have not already said to stay away to begin with, you STOP. No
questions, no arguing. When someone asks you to leave their page, you
do it.

You did not.

So you received a 24 hour suspension.

The administration has already addressed that user's inappropriate
conduct and statements. Users are not allowed to harass other users
for any reason. You will refrain from any further posting to his pages
or you will receive a longer suspension next time.

Read the Code of Conduct portion of the ToS, as well as the rest of
the rules for this site, and be sure to abide by them. If someone else
is breaking a rule, you report them and let the administration deal
with it.

-- Wolfblade

But what's this! Other people can say negative things about the people who are against beastiality, and go unpunished? That is some skewed logic in my opinion.

I did it...for the lulz. And what great lulz was had!  

Leyla Giselle

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:17 am
Well, I'm back from Eurourence, and man, it was one hell of a ride! ^_^

We got a little lost on the way up and coming back (GPS decided to go retarded at a very bad time XD), but all in all, the trip up and back was pretty uneventful.

There were a little over 600 people there. Small compared to US cons, but there was actually a lot more camaraderie and togetherness. We pushed the hotel to the max, and there were only like 5 rooms with non-furs in them. Other than that, the hotel was ours. It was a pretty nice place, though they only gave one key for each room, which was a bit of a pain (my room mate dissappered into a panel every time I needed the key XD).

I met quite a few new people there, and talked to people that I had seen at AC but never talked to them. I actually hung out with Ultraviolet and Gidion, too ^_^ Hell...I drank with 2 and Uncle Kage XD. I befriended several Britfurs and German furs, too, which was awesome, including Garr (the guy that wanders around AC in a pirate get-up ^_^) Like I said, I had a hell of a good time and made lots of friends.

The events and panels were pretty cool, expecially the pawpet show. That was just plain incredible. Something that was really cool, though, happened during Stage Fever (EF's equivalent to AC's Masquerade). A couple came out (in their fursuits, of course ^_^) and did their sketch, but then, after they were finished, Mystifur gave the guy a mike, and he proposed, right there on stage. Best of wishes to the newly engaged ^_^

The two dances where pretty sweet, too. Heh...during the Big Blue Dance, the Saturday night dance the day before it was time to go home, I actually got up on stage myself and danced with a few others. I managed to go until about 3 in the morning, then I had to go. I was exhausted XD

But yeah...all in all, it was one hell of a good time ^_^ Pics to come soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:17 pm
Leyla Giselle
o dear. Apparently one cannot discuss the wrongs of beastiality without being suspended on FA. Apparently it's harrassment and trolling when you are intelligently discussing with someone about the wrongs in it and why they are wrong for it. Silly me. redface

hour suspension.

You posted anyway.

He then told you you were not wanted on his journal page and asked you to leave.

You continued posting.

do it.

You did not.

with it.

-- Wolfblade

But what's this! Other people can say negative things about the people who are against beastiality, and go unpunished? That is some skewed logic in my opinion.

You just did it to piss him off? Or was it that he wanted intelligent debate on the subject at hand?

If you just interjected your opinion where it wasn't wanted and you continued to badger him about it, I'd say that they were in the right about their decision.  

FogSage

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:07 pm
FogSage

You just did it to piss him off? Or was it that he wanted intelligent debate on the subject at hand?

If you just interjected your opinion where it wasn't wanted and you continued to badger him about it, I'd say that they were in the right about their decision.

Actually, it was an intelligent debate, not just opinion. But it wasn't Ebon who I had started with, it was someone who had called the anti-beastiality people children, when they had put forth their own opinions on the subject. I felt it was highly unnecessary and I put forth my opinion on the subject towards him. Things pretty much flew out of hand then.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:25 pm
Leyla Giselle

hour suspension.

You posted anyway.

You continued posting.

do it.

You did not.

with it.

-- Wolfblade

From what I understood, based on what I underlined, you were suspended for breaking a rule. Intelligent discussion or not, you apparently posted after being told to leave. I can understand if you think it was unjustified to be told to get out. I can't rightfully say whether it was deserved or not as I wasn't there. However, don't be upset with the staff. They didn't suspend you for your opinions, for wanting to "discuss the wrongs of beastiality." It's not like someone said "Oh, she's saying it's wrong to hump dogs, we must silence her before it spreads!" Honestly, if they'd wanted to quiet your personal opinions, the suspension would have been for a lot longer, or be permanent. Instead they recognized a minor break in the rules and gave you a short suspension. 24 hours really isn't a big deal.

Just to clarify: I am not trying to start an argument, I am simply saying it's not fair to ridicule the staff or twist what happened. If my above statements do start an issue, I will willingly remove this account from the Guild.  

Albino Mongoose

6,350 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

BlueytheDingo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:11 am
*blink blink*

sooooo..... what about a full description of furry terms for a new bie to the fur realm?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 am
Honestly, I wasn't mad about it. blaugh I don't get angry about things having to do with the internet. It's a waste of breath. I usually find humor in it. It's funny because it isn't exactly stated what would be considered harrassment. It also doesn't make sense to claim someone if flaming if there weren't insults being thrown around.  

Leyla Giselle

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:24 am
PrinceAusten
*blink blink*

sooooo..... what about a full description of furry terms for a new bie to the fur realm?

The AFG Furry Lexicon  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:49 pm
Well, slowly but surely, trying to get all of the art I owe to people done. It's still going to take awhile. My list is like a mile long..x_x

I had my website hosting upgraded. Had trouble with it for a like a week because I had to deal with s**t from both hosts. I had to contact the old host to unlock the domain even though I never ordered a domain lock since on there its something you have to pay for..(if it's locked when you don't order it..then that means you're spending money on nothing when you order a domain lock! wtf?!). Ok, so then my domain was able to be transferred. Even though it was transferred I never got the account login info from the new host. So I had to call them about that. Let me tell you now, their tech support is a pain in the a** to get a hold of. I had to wait at least 20-30 minutes before someone would help me. So after talking with them, I got the account login info. So I logged in and uploaded my website's back up onto the new host then went to delete everything on the old host account. Well, more problems. My website kept redirecting back to the old host account and after deleting everything on the old host my site wouldn't show up. Things got worse after closing the old host account as the site contuined to be assciotated with them even though the account was closed. So I had to contact tech support again on the new host to find out what the hell was going on. Apparently, my old host never changed the DNS server even though I went and filled in the info to have that changed. After, being on hold yet again, finally got some help, and had the DNS server changed..Now the website is finally working.

whew..I blather too much..

Also, has anyone had any layout issues with Gaia?  

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

Crenn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Kakarotto-san
Well, slowly but surely, trying to get all of the art I owe to people done. It's still going to take awhile. My list is like a mile long..x_x

I had my website hosting upgraded. Had trouble with it for a like a week because I had to deal with s**t from both hosts. I had to contact the old host to unlock the domain even though I never ordered a domain lock since on there its something you have to pay for..(if it's locked when you don't order it..then that means you're spending money on nothing when you order a domain lock! wtf?!). Ok, so then my domain was able to be transferred. Even though it was transferred I never got the account login info from the new host. So I had to call them about that. Let me tell you now, their tech support is a pain in the a** to get a hold of. I had to wait at least 20-30 minutes before someone would help me. So after talking with them, I got the account login info. So I logged in and uploaded my website's back up onto the new host then went to delete everything on the old host account. Well, more problems. My website kept redirecting back to the old host account and after deleting everything on the old host my site wouldn't show up. Things got worse after closing the old host account as the site contuined to be assciotated with them even though the account was closed. So I had to contact tech support again on the new host to find out what the hell was going on. Apparently, my old host never changed the DNS server even though I went and filled in the info to have that changed. After, being on hold yet again, finally got some help, and had the DNS server changed..Now the website is finally working.

Ah... the stresses of web hosting... Luckily that's not quite the worse case I've heard....

Anyway, I've been seeing layout issues with Gaia, I suppose it's something to do with their new forum.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:42 pm
Crenn
Kakarotto-san

Ah... the stresses of web hosting... Luckily that's not quite the worse case I've heard....

Anyway, I've been seeing layout issues with Gaia, I suppose it's something to do with their new forum.

Is it just me, or when you post in the forums now, it doesn't tell you if your post got through or not?  

FogSage

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:57 pm
This is a fun situation I'm in now.

I was unemployed for a while after a job let me go because we weren't getting enough contracts to do (and the company was mostly dissolved and sold). I get to the point where I have only a hundred or so dollars. Then I get a new job.

Now, I started the job 2 weeks ago, I've started school, and right now I basically have two choices:

Pay for rent... or pay for books.

Financial aid has not sent one pretty penny to me even though they said that I have been awarded up to 12k this year. Seems my case and everyone else's is bogged up in red tape and paperwork and whatever excuse those bastards can come up with. And, since a friend says she filed her financial aid in May and still hasn't gotten hers, and I filed mine in early August, I suspect I'll get my financial aid sometime in December. When I won't need it anymore. When by that time, I'll have paid for all my classes out of pocket.

And then my school has the audacity to send me a BILL, for the $2000+ that this semester costs. Dude, send that ******** bill to your financial aid department.

And of course I have to have a Japanese class where I need my books to be able to study and figure this language out.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:48 pm
I don't know HOW this happened, but I think I've been hacked, again.

My Romani Shades are gone, disappeared into thin air. They didn't take anything else, but the glasses are no longer in my Inventory, Safety Box, or House. I made sure to check to see if my mule had them (she didn't), and did the only thing I could think of, which is to change my password.

How these things happen I'll never know. I didn't click on any links that sent me to pages that resembled Gaia Online login pages, because that's a sure sign of a scamming, nor did I begin any trades with ********. ><  

FogSage

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:57 pm
Crenn
Kakarotto-san

the avatars are all screwed up sometimes..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 704 705 706 707 708 709 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games