Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:52 pm
User Image
User Image
First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood

An expression of awe washed over the young redhead's face as she attempted to understand the magnitude of what lay before her. To think, a month ago, a places like these only existed in the books she read, in the tales her great imagination begged her to create and believe in. The "Great Hall", as it was described, was an inspiring sight to behold. Everything from the ceiling, which looked so much more like the sky than a ceiling, to the tiles beneath her feet seemed to dance with life, with magic.

Melody's stomach knotted. Butterflies in her stomach was entirely to benign a term for the anxiousness she felt, still, she could not bring herself to be afraid, per say. This world, so very different from the one she had grown up in, seemed right. Of course, who was she to kid herself, she'd only been in the place a few moments and would have to remind herself not to judge this book based on it's cover.

Looking around, she could feel the students, some terrified, some calm and patient.

Melody nearly went white when she heard her name called. She quickly made her way to the stool, and squeezed her eyes shut, reminding herself for the millionth time this month that she was not, in fact, dreaming.

Quote:
Personality:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm intellectual, philisophical, consumed with answering riddles and solving puzzles, a little odd, and quiet

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
User Image
MuggleBornFirst YearUnsortedEleven

Daryl waited in line with his new friend Minn, after thoroughly embarrassing himself on the boats. He was nervous about the Sorting procedure, though he had read all about it in the book. He tapped his foot nervously until he heard his name called. Then he slid onto the stool to let the Sorting Hat do it's job.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm generally quiet and sheltered. I prefer to sit by myself on normal days and read, or hide away from crowds. I haven't had many friends, so I wouldn't know if I'm defensive or not, but I'm overly defensive of my baby sister. I very studious in nature and really enjoy being in a learning environment.

{OoC:}

Ninja_Kitten_River

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:56 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xadyn-C
User Image
Edajin Tarot

Unsorted/First Year/Single/Half-blood

Edajin swallowed deeply. He couldn't believe that he was the first one to be called. Who made that list, anyway? Stepping forward silently, he cautiously sat upon the stool and faced the rest of the Hall.

Xadyn-C

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a bit antisocial, preferring to spend time alone than with others. I am known to be cynical at times, and even a bit harsh in my words, but it stems mostly from confusion about what is meant to be and what is a lie in this world. I am easily obsessed with power, and I must be careful not to let darkness overcome me. I am an astute learner, and have a good mind for facts. Spending my time learning new things is a favourite pasttime, and helps calm me down after suffering large amounts of people all day. It is my quiet time that I treasure, alone. In most ways, I can be perceived as naive, and if I can be taught good ways in which to channel my power, and perhaps meet some friends that can prove the existence of good in people, I believe that I may be saved from a path of dark magic. But no guarantees. I have a strange tendency to assume that all boys are threats and act coldly and defensively toward them (or aggressively; I can strike like a venomous snake without a moment's thought if I feel threatened), but I sometimes find myself being protective of girls that are smaller than I am. But not women - they are just as much of a threat as boys. Overall, I am fairly unstable and much too insecure. I am like a coiled cobra that no one should want to step on, but that does have a heart of his own.

With: First Years

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Ah, an interesting mind you have indeed.
The serpent fits you perfectly,
Clearly you belong in...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:04 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

XxXDevil-Chan
'Til all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear

OLYVIA CATLIN

Wearing

This time don't need another perfect lie. My God, amazing how we got this far. It's like we're chasing all those stars

❀●•♪ยnsorted ❀●•♪ђalf ๒lood❀●•♪ғirst ұear❀●•♪

User Image User Image
Olyvia gulped as she was led into the great hall. She could practically feel all the eyes of the other students on her as she and the rest of the first years were marched up to the sorting hat. She blinked her eyes out at the crowd, searching for a friendly face, and wrapped her arms protectively around her midsection. Finally her eyes found her sister and she smiled slightly at the Slytherin girl, before laying her eyes on Ada and licking her lips. She'd be okay. She'd do well in any house. She closed her eyes as her name was called and hurried over to the hat. 'Hi mister hat. I'd like to be sorted... well anywhere. I just hope I do well wherever you decide to put me.'

OOC:...

I've been on the brink, so I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Olyvia Catlin
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm honest, perceptive, happy and optimistic. Some may say i'm a little naive. I'm soft spoken and try to avoid trouble. I love to meet new people. I'm very curious which tends to get me into some trouble because I never know when to stop looking into things. I love my sister with all my heart even though she's a bit.... off. I'm quite loyal to her and would never turn my back on her no matter what she did. I love my father although he forgets about me and Mitchy a lot because of the store. He was never really around for us. Mitchy basically raised me after my mom left so she's almost my only family. I guess she's rubbed off on me a bit though because I can be kind of dark and depressed at times. I hate my mom for leaving. I hate her for dying. I hate a lot of things. I guess that's not really in a nutshell though is it? I mean basically I'm loyal and happy, most days, and I will always always always be on Mitchy's side even if she does things she shouldn't. I'll stand up for people when I need to and I love with all my heart.

'Til all my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I've said
Come by it honestly I swear

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Hmm...
Honesty stands strong with you.
Loyalty s very strong.
Happy and cheerful.
Clearly you belong in....

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:16 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

cleonancyarmada
User Image
First Year-Unsorted-Muggleborn-Single

Karyna shook a little from the cool air and the fear of what was to come next. She heard her name called from the front of the Great Hall. Please let everything be okay. I hope this hat knows what its doing. Karyna just couldn't decide if she liked the idea of a hat deciding who she will be.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a typical virgo. I am quite manipulative when I have to be. People say I normally get my way, but most of the time it is for others. I tend to give more than I get.

Ha! It's obvious where you should be.
You will do well here, good luck in....

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

TechNerd0072
User ImageUser Image
First YearUnsortedPurebloodMissie

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Minn walked in line with the rest of the first years, waving at her brother at the Hufflepuff table. She peeked around, trying to see what was going on. She looked at Dhyl, curious why he was pointing at the ceiling. She looked up and gasped, seeing all the stars. Minn tripped on her own feet, luckily able to catch herself before she fell. When she heard her name called, she hurried to the front and plopped on the stool, waiting to be sorted.
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm loud. Silly, yet able to be quite serious. I am really smart, but I usually act on rash decisions. I'm brave, yet cautious. I love being the centre of attention, and making others laugh. I like making friends and talking to people. I'm loyal to my friends and family, particularly when they are in trouble. I don't like to break rules or be in trouble myself, so I usually keep myself in check.
{OoC:}

Ah a difficult one, just like your sibling.
You would do well in Hufflepuff with him,
But Gryffindor could bring you to greatness.
Hmm... I know! Better be....

Gryffndor!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:28 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Pale Mist

Konar Delash
User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted
Hershel Asdrian's - serving boy

╔══════════════════╗

Pod nervously approached the stand when he heard his name called. He had straightened reflexively, almost as thought flinching, before containing himself and stepping up to the stood. He managed not to wince in the horrifying seconds that Hat took to make its decision in his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm looking for trouble. Unfortunately that is the opinion of the only people who matter: those who do not actually know me. The only person who knows me for me, not some thieving servant, is Hershel. He knows that, besides my enthusiasm for his passion for archaeology and adventures and joining him on them whenever possible, i am quiet. I am reserved in my actions and thoughts and dreams and it takes some prying to get me to express them. I am honest and in that sense loyal, resourceful to an amusing extreme and determined on the goals that i do have set for myself. The goals beyond my current life and back into my old one, and fixing what was broken.

╚══════════════════╝

Promise you I'm never givin' up, never givin' up. I won't give in.
Can you wait for the summer again?
Can you hold out for summer again?
Can you ever be home again...
My old house,
my childhood's tomb

A candle burns in your old room, before it goes out I swear I will find you.

User Image
User Image
User Image

A troublemaker is your common view?
Perhaps your time here will help you change it.
Loyal and intelligent as well,
You would do well anywhere,
But for now, you best be with your own kind...

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:34 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Pale Mist
User Image
User Image
first year - unsorted
sister - to Chell

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

╔══════════════════╗

magda held her breath as the first few students were called, slowly easing out of her extremely nervous state. Within a few letters she had a stone expression with sharp eyes looking forward awaiting her own name to be called. She nodded to her sister with a smile when she was called first and promptly followed after quickly clapping for chell's result.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm in no way reserved, i am excitable and open with myself and everyone around me. But even thought i am open I am not always friendly, i am quite critical and easy to judge, i always thought the saying 'friend close and enemies closer' made a lot of sense... However those that i am close to i take care of, in that, i show compassion. I seem to find myself better in nature - with plants and landscapes and the elements - rather than with people. I can take endless hikes out in the wilderness with no qualm but am constantly uncomfortable to some extent in the company of just one person, let alone a crowd.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Very understanding you say?
Like strategy, eh?
You enjoy nature and fit in there,
Hmm I think you will do well in...

Ravenclaw!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Pale Mist
User Image
User Image

first year - unsorted
User Image
quidditch - enthusiast

▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

||Chell had been called up, finally, by the professor and with the same steel determination she had seen her sister exhibit, she approached the stool. Anxiety and excitement mixes as the hat was placed on her head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm relatively calm but in some ways strongheaded and blunt. Gentle isnt they word they usually use when describing me or my manner. My sister and i both enjoy small company and the quiet, simple games you can play in open places like fields. I also quite love climbing trees, people can always find me up in one reading or playing cat's cradle. I really dislike animals but they always seem to know it and come up to me anyway... I also find that it is less that i have a knack for break rules and more of one for not even knowing there are any rules to be broken. Unfortunately.
||

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

Adventurous?
Ha! You will fit in here perfectly!

Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:48 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Xistund
User Image

The past is gone. It went by like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way. Everybody's got their dues in life to pay

Hunter gulped a bit as his name was called up he was really scared. His brother never told him about this and he felt like people where looking at him. He tried to keep his bandaged eye out of view since people would stare and he had mostly stayed with Tevye he had to separate from his brother. He walked up to the stool and sat down waiting for the hat to be placed. He looked as if he was about to pass out any moment as he whispered a "Hello?"

Sing with me, sing it for the year
Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Kind to mostly everyone I know and vary polite but I like to keep to myself. And I'm not as brave as my brother... in fact I'm afrade of allot of things. I don't like people worrying about me when I'm feeling sad so I try my best not to show it when I am.

Kind and polite?
You'll fit in here...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:49 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Maxx Disorder
Theodore Tyler West

|First Year|Unsorted|Eleven|Single|

"Fidelis ad Mortem-Faithful unto death"

User Image

Theo was so excited when he was called that he didn't hesitate to run up, drop down on the stool, and pull the Hat down on his head, grinning broadly. Finally! Sorting time!

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm crazy and reckless, and great at whatever sports-type thing I do. I like to try new things and I'm always on the go, hardly
stopping to eat or sleep or even use the bathroom. I like to flirt with almost every girl I see, but deep down inside, I'm really a good kid. I love my friends and
family more than anything, and if they were ever in trouble, I'd go out of my way just to help or save them.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The moment the hat touched his head it at the brim and shouted...
Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:54 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Rawwk N Rawwr
User Image
User Image
Single Unsorted First Year Pureblood

❝I don't know what I want, so don't ask me, 'cause I'm still trying to figure it out
Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking, trying to see through the rain coming down
Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do❞

`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·

Bristain went a deep red when they called her name. She walked up to the stool and sat down. Where they out her? She didn't care, as long as she could get away from all the attention, she'd be fine. Bristain chewed her lip nervously, waiting for the hat to speak to her.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet and reserved. I'm pretty intelligent and studious, but I'm also really sarcastic and blunt, if you get a peep out if me that is. And unless it has anything to do with me or my family, I don't really care. Unless it's school stuff, then I care. I'm probably loyal too, if I actually made any friends.

`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·`·.,¸,.·

❝I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world❞

Studious, intelligent.
Blunt. Sarcastic.
Your not afraid of the truth,
even if is not quite what you seek.
You will fit in her perfectly...

Ravenclaw

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:37 am
User Image
User Image
Blind Pureblood Unsorted First Year Albino

Oh broken angel, were you sad when he crushed all your dreams?
Oh broken angel, inside you're dying 'cause you can't believe
He would leave you alone, and leave you so cold when you were his daughter
But the blood in your veins as you carry his name turns thinner than water

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

ᑕᙓᑕᓰᒪᒪᙓ nervously approached the front of the Great Hall. The sorting hat must be near her, because she could hear its booming voice clearly. The girl that had helped her at the station and on the boats, Olyvia, was sorted into Hufflepuff. Where would she be sorted, she wondered. Finally, when her name was called, Cecille climbed the steps towards the stool where the hat was, tapping her cane on the ground in front of her to keep her from tripping. Pulling herself onto the stool, Cecille felt the hat sitting on her head. 'Please put me with my brother. Pretty please, Mr. Hat?' she pleaded in her mind. The girl seemed to be trembling as she awaited the hat's decision.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

You're just a broken angel...

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a cheerful little girl. I love smiling and making other people smile, even though I can't see it. I am highly intelligent for my age, and can speak Welsh and English, though it's seen as odd, or something like that. I am usually very quiet. I prefer blending into the background, rather than "lead the pack". I wouldn't say I'm shy, it's just that most people don't take the time to know me. If they would, they'd find I am very friendly and sweet. I also love to dream up amazing stories like the ones my brother reads to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:57 am
User Image

Miles McLellan
First Year - Unsorted
♫♩♬♪♫♪

Miles walked nervously up to the stool and sat down. He honestly had no idea where he wanted to be. He nervously shifted on the stool, hoping that he wouldn't look too much like a fool. Oh well, he'd go wherever the hat put him, he guessed. "I hope I dinae end up somewhere I don't like."

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm um, well, lazy. Don't get me wrong, I do do school work, but you usually can get it done on the last day, right? And a bit good-natured. I usually laugh and joke a lot. And I'm a great friend. Need help with something? As long as it's not schoolwork, just ask!

Just goes to show that life can't be deadly serious, you just need to learn to laugh a little.

--------------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
--------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:13 am
User Image
ℓαιяєαℓℓ
☆.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.¤

Umm, Is... is that supposed to happen?
That doesn't look right at all.

First YearUnsortedSorting HatDazed and Confused

I wonder if I'll get to see Rose this year...
first year might be really busy
and she'll be busy with fourth year...

Upon hearing her name be called, Claire seemed to space out for a moment, staring blankly at the hat, then at the tables around the room. Did they just say Claire Hall? They must have been mistaken.

'But wait...' Claire thought to herself. '...I was invited to attend Hogwarts... my name is Claire Hall... is that me?'

She turned her attention back to the stool where she had watched the other first years sit and were sorted. It was empty now, but she still couldn't seem to fully grasp the idea. She felt a gentle nudge from behind, which pulled her back into reality. She could barely remember walking across the hall to take a seat - her legs were moving on their own accord while Claire was still trying to gather her thoughts.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very outgoing, cheerful and friendly girl. I'm always running around doing something, and my mind is always really scrambled because I like to think of a lot of stuff at once. I tend not to be very organized with my thoughts but I'm capable of keeping track of everything and only confuse others when they try to get answers from me. It's probably because I tend to talk a lot, which my mother says is a charming trait of mine. It's never a dull moment around me.

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games