Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 am
I would say yes, but that would be a tough target to hit due to its size.
EMPs would work better, but most military guns have some EMP shielding. The DC class of Blasters certainly had them as I've seen Clone Troopers charge into range of "Droid popper" Explosions without hesitation.
Your best bet against someone with a blaster is to have cover and better aim with your gun than they do with theirs. Blasters hit pretty damn hard, as even Princess Leia's pistol was able to incapacitate a stormtrooper. Han's DL-44 blasted fist sized chunks out of permacrete walls, but thats because it was a Heavy Pistol.
Blasters are undoubtedly powerful weapons and superior to modern weapons for their stopping strength and incredible ammo supply.
Your average Blaster Pistol or Rifle can fire 100 times before needing to be reloaded and 500 times before needing a new energy cell. While an M16 needs no power source, it does only have 32(?) rounds before needing a fresh clip, and a 9mm Pistol usually has 15 or fewer rounds.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 pm
I would like to state a correction if I may.
A Powerpak contains energy, not blaster gas.
The Gas Cartridge is the thing which needs the least amount of replacing.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Oryo Prime

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:15 pm
What the hell is blaster gas?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:20 pm
Oryo Prime
What the hell is blaster gas?

The stuff that blasters use to make tangible bolts of light.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:03 am
I've been curious, and I can't remember but I think I may have asked a long time ago...

Anyways, as I understand it, ion energy doesn't do any physical damage other than fry circuits and electrical stuff. So, what would happen if someone was shot with an ion blaster? Would armor matter at all, etc.?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:29 am
It would be like getting shocked.
Ion energy does affect organics, but its not lethal. It just hurts.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:51 am
Like a giant tazer? Hah.

How is Tibanna Gas mined? I think I recall reading about it being in the atmosphere. It's a liquid as well, no?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:40 am
I dont know the exact process, but the gas extraction machine can be made small enought to fit on a one man aircraft.
After its extracted, the Tibanna is shipped encased in carbonite to prevent it from exploding.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 pm
Ah, ok.

Are there any carbonite based weapons?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:33 pm
I think a carbornite cannon was mentioned in the RP help thread when Sayla was mentioning wanting to freeze something in carbonite.

Okay, so if you apply KOTOR into things in regards to KOTOR has a lightsaber crystal that changes it to ion damage, would an ion-based lightsaber basically make it a fancy stun stick? If so, that's how I can explain my Shadow in the next RP with having a non-lethal lightwhip.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:18 pm
Yes. in KotOR and I think the Dark Empire games there were Carbonite rifles which imobilized people.

And I said shock. Not stun. an Ion weapon will cause discomfort at best to someone. Not knock them out.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 pm
So, add some stun-qualities to it or whatever and that'll do it, I guess. The point is though, it is possible using a crystal that'd turn it to ion energy would basically make it blunt, so it's non-lethal and just an instrument of pain, right?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:26 pm
lethal to droids though but yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 pm
Then that means not only can my idea for the next RP for my Shadow be doable, but it's explainable too. That'll help when it comes to making a bio.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:41 pm
Assuming we ever do it.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers