Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:32 pm
Still sounds like a case of the alternative fanon to me.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:20 pm
I'm not too sure about the general opinion of the members about the clone Wars series.

it seems a few fans were disheartened by the show, but I guess that would be the same losers that were disheartened by the prequel movies! XP (just kidding, everyone has opinions)

I personally enjoy the show very much. I feel it gives a lot more character behind the clones, and really shows us Anakin as the HERO of the clone wars as old Ben Kenobi describes him in ANH.

with the show currently incomplete there is still room for plenty of theories, so I'll toss one of my own out there and see who catches, and possibly throws with their own take.

As we know, both Ahsoka and Rex are not in any of the stories after ep. III these characters are presumptively going to die at some point.

now, how CRAZY would it be to see Rex go through some the tough choice of having to take out Ahsoka due to some "order 66" type order, to jump start Anakin down that dark path we know so well in Ep. III.  

Princess Min

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:03 am
eh, it's just another 'who kills ahsoka' theory. In which the bredth has run from Rex to anakin to jar jar...

I doubt that'd be really interested as much as "well, we knew it had to be one of them..."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:07 am
Knowing the crap GL likes to pull, I'm expecting a huge retcon sorta deal. Ahsoka's alive and well all throughout the series, and just vanishes for no real reason and is never mentioned again, maybe going as far as implying she survived Order 66 somehow and just never came outta hiding or some crap like that.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Princess Min

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:38 am
haha, yeah I imagine this is probably a rather repetitive discussion, especially with all the fans who dislike Ahsoka.

I did hears (on wookiepedia) I believe that GL has made talk of putting her in the CG ep. III movie (when/if he makes the CG versions) and of coarse would create a death scene for her in the movie.

I personally don't care how much GL changes his own movies, they are HIS art pieces and therefor has all the right to "adjust" them to fit what he is visualizing. I can however imagine the frustration for the writers of the Star Wars novels when there writing suddenly become non-cannon because of a movie change.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:45 am
Didn't we just release the third movie a few years ago? Has so much time passed that we need another remake("special edition")?  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Princess Min

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:47 am
I don't think the CG movies are anywhere in the near future if he even goes through with them...

and what ever happened to that live action TV series that was supposed to happen I thought this year?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:56 pm
While it's georgie boy's creation, I don't see how anyone can really say that we can't critique it. If you release something to the public, then the public has every right to b***h and moan about how bad it sucks. It's only fair that movie critics have a job too.

Speaking of mysteries though, I wonder if LucasArts will ever make a sequel to Force Unleashed, where we find out that it was all some hallucination brought on by bad felucian mushrooms...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Princess Min

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:45 pm
well said, and very true, but I still view his movies as works of art, and I appreciate every minute of them.

as for Force Unleashed I traded that in a week or two after buying it...

interesting story, but certainly not the best game play... more funny than anything to just fling your enemies around...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:53 am
Princess Min

I personally don't care how much GL changes his own movies, they are HIS art pieces and therefor has all the right to "adjust" them to fit what he is visualizing.

I don't mind his changes over all. The only thing I really don't like is when he added Hayden Christensen to the end of Return of the Jedi. I was really annoyed by that because it changes the ending of Darth Vader's story too much! It's as if he didn't really turn to the light side of the force at the end, so he had to revert to how he was in the beginning of Revenge of the Sith.  

xinitia

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:56 am
HAN SHOT FIRST.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 am
Perhaps a better way of saying this is: Everyone's a critic.

You're right that he has the right to change things since he is the creator and owner of Star Wars however that does not mean that his fans have to like it.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

xinitia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:00 pm
*sigh* Very true. If someone doesn't like it, just watch the older versions, I suppose. ><  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 pm
Cale Darksun
HAN SHOT FIRST.

Damn right 3nodding  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:03 pm
HAN SHOT FIRST.

Though in retrospect, he did give Corellians the last minute head dodge.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games