Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:45 pm
Can there be a note for hunters to post who they are targeting when they fire (ie before they quote and edit for capture/fail?)

I think that is where a lot of confusion is coming from as some students have freed others and then hunters who posted before them edited that they were captured.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:04 am
^ that was already in the original form you post, however I will make specific note of it in the future and also future target dice rolls as it is my fault I underestimate the power of rp posts, just occasionally >_>  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

revenant aria

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 am
Due to the natural "their personality doesnt fit their old profile when I'm rping" situation-- if we wanted to retype our student's personalities, should we go set up a new thread in subspace to reapprove it in subspace or if it's pretty reasonable/reworded to fit better, is it possible to go forth without approval? smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:19 am
If it's just about personality ~ not subspecies/power/personal history? Just update it ~ no need for approval.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:29 pm
Ok. This is something I just realized...

The classical grim reaper is usually depicted as a skeletal figure in a cloak with a scythe. This is (as far as I know) impossible in Halloween. Are these just reapers that can make themselves look skeletal or is there another story behind this?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:55 am
While reapers sometimes do choose to give themselves a more frightening visage when doing work in the human world, that particular icon was inspired by an ancient Horseman of Death (but again, one that's sometimes copied by regular reapers through the use of illusions)  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:47 am
Does trying out for the school play count as a growth point?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:24 pm
yes ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:38 am
My reaper, Anna, has a small familiar and no weapon. I'm somewhat at a loss to how battle would work for her. She's a witch - would it be okay if she used extremely minor magical attacks (like, idk, a small fireball, minor hex/curse, a blob of mist, things a mediocre country witch might know) for her battle actions? Not changing the dice rolls, obviously, just for flavor.

A little more info on how magic works in TiH and how it relates to natural/learned abilities etc. for reapers and demons would be great in general, actually!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 pm
I was wondering about that too, Sosi. Lark has a familiar that's much bigger and more powerful than Anna's, but does a reaper with a familiar just stand back while the familiar fights? In this spar with Roch, Lark's been throwing punches but we've been winging it.

Also, does it mention anywhere how reaper/familiar HP works? I don't assume that familiars have their own HP pool. Shared FEAR = shared HP? If this is written somewhere, I apologize. D: I must've overlooked it.  

bipolar bee

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 pm
pinchmonster
Also, does it mention anywhere how reaper/familiar HP works? I don't assume that familiars have their own HP pool. Shared FEAR = shared HP? If this is written somewhere, I apologize. D: I must've overlooked it.

I asked about that myself a while back - they do have a shared HP pool. C: I should get that in one of the guides.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 pm
For regular non-FEAR attacks? Punch, kick, found items, familiar attack. A reaper can stand back and let the familiar fight or join the fray, it's up to you.

Sosi ~ it's preferred if you pick one minor type of spell/hex for in-play magic, not a large sampling.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:56 pm
lizbot
For regular non-FEAR attacks? Punch, kick, found items, familiar attack. A reaper can stand back and let the familiar fight or join the fray, it's up to you.

Sosi ~ it's preferred if you pick one minor type of spell/hex for in-play magic, not a large sampling.

So anything other than their specific FEAR attack has to be entirely physical or seated in a natural ability (like Barth's thorns)? Familiar attacks are also physical only, or is that where the spell channeling comes in?

And oh, yeah, I was only thinking one kind of magic. XD for Anna & Shibey it would be curse magic, so~  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:02 pm
Yes ~ otherwise they just have to make due with physical attacks. You can use the familiar for physical or using spell attacks, it just depends on how you plan to use that familiar in play.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:40 pm
lizbot
Yes ~ otherwise they just have to make due with physical attacks. You can use the familiar for physical or using spell attacks, it just depends on how you plan to use that familiar in play.

OK! Just to make sure I've got this totally correct... having Shibey channel a minor curse spell is an acceptable bit of flavor text for a non-FEAR attack roll, equivalent to a base melee attack?

Or by 'spell attacks' above did you mean FEAR?

(Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm trying to bore through a headache so my uptake may not be as good as it usually is.)  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games