Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been sitting quietly at the staff table for a while. However, when it looked as though it was about time for him to stand and make his usual announcement. The school year had gone smoothly, though there were points he wanted to shake his head at. The Forbidden Forest escapades of numerous students was just one of many such events. However, he was hoping that this year, there wouldn't be any sudden surprises waiting for the departing students. Standing, he walked over to the podium and cleared his throat.

"Well now, we find ourselves at the end of another year. For those who just joined us, congratulations for making it through your first year, and for those now leaving, we wish you the best in any endeavors you may pursue in the future. As such, the standings of the cup should be announced." He looked over the tables before looking back to the students. "The house cup standings are thus. In fourth place, with 95 points, is Ravenclaw. Third place, with a total of 120 points, goes to Gryffindor. Second place, with a total of 360 points, goes to Hufflepuff. And finally, in first place with a total of 455 points as well as the Quidditch Cup, goes to Slytherin! Congratulations on your wins. Now, let us tuck in, enjoy the evening, and prepare for your trips back home for the summer."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Another year's gone...
                                                    OOC:

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxFar Right End of the Table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAdalaide was surprised to see that she was one of the first to arrive this year; one would think that, not living in the castle, she'd be more likely to run behind everyone else. But, then again, she'd left the house early to ensure she wouldn't be late. And it was quite possible that the other professors were working on last minute preparations in their offices, or unpacking from the Summer. In any case, at least this year, she had her pick of seats? She didn't really care where she sat, though, and so she just pulled out the first chair she came to and settled into it, hoping that someone would show up soon enough, preferably someone she got along with and could chat with. Otherwise, she'd be bored out of her skull. She sighed, fingers tapping across the tabletop, wondering why she'd been in such a rush to show up, anyway. Except, she knew the answer to that; Bastian was attending this year. She hadn't wanted anything to make her miss his sorting, which she was probably too excited about. Maybe more than he was, even, though it was hard to tell, since he was pretty enthusiastic about everything. She was very curious to see where he ended up, though.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick nearly headed to the Ravenclaw table. Nearly. He had to mentally remind himself that he wasn't a student anymore and hadn't been for seven years. Which, thinking about it, meant that he'd been out of school for as long as he'd been in school. That... Well, he had been invisible during school, and apparently had been making up for that since. Which, speaking of making up for it, he spotted a familiar face at the table already, and headed up. Vaguely he wondered if someone else was going to sit with Ada, but he didn't think so, especially since her husband was probably down in the village watching the kids or at work. He waved, if nothing else, and took a seat next to hers, grateful that he wasn't sitting next to his uncle. Timothy was alright, but he didn't think he needed to sit right next to him during the feasts. "Um, hey Ada. I see you're ready for the feast. Umm, How're things going?" It wasn't like he hadn't talked to her at all over the summer. After all, he'd moved into Hogsmeade with Chy for no other reason than to be closer to his work. Besides, it seemed appropriate to live there anyway. Maybe he could go out to the Forbidden Forest sometime and see if he could check on the thestrals. He hadn't seen them since graduating, after all.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: ...........This is weird...
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxStaff Table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxContemplative

αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ιи тнє fαяαωαу н є я є αи∂ и σ ω xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє вє¢σмє ι и ¢ σ и т я σ ℓ ѕσмєнσω xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ι и є ν є я ℓσѕє му ω α ℓ ℓ є т xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вє¢αυѕє ι ωιℓℓ вє тнє ρ ι ¢ т υ я є σf ∂ ι ѕ ¢ ι ρ ℓ ι и є xxxxxx
                                                          иєνєя f υ ¢ к ι и g υρ α и у т н ι и g xxx

spaceDrusilla was quite pleased with herself for arriving early; as she approached the table, spotting only two other professors present, she gave a silent little cheer and patted herself on the back. She wasn't often early for... well, anything, really. But, she was focusing much better now than she typically did after a Summer away from the beauty of a scheduled out day of responsibilities. Likely, it was because she hadn't spent the entirety of this past holiday alone in her house with nothing to do and nowhere to go. This past Summer, she had spent time with Kolton, which had been lovely and also kept her sane. She only felt about half as addled as she typically did when returning to the school. Actually, she had him to thank for her punctuality tonight as well; she'd been watching the clock specifically so that she could arrive in time to sit with him. After all, if she'd been late, there was always a chance that the seats on either side of him could have been taken, which would have been awful. Instead, she was early, and hopefully would pay close enough attention to her surroundings to tell anyone who tried to sit next to her that she was saving the seat. To that end, she left her tarot cards tucked snugly in their pouch rather than taking them out to fiddle with them. If she got lost in the cards, she'd blink and the Great Hall would be full! Though... without them, she hadn't a clue what to do to kill time until Kolton arrived.

xxx αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ι ιмαgιиє ѕ σ м α и у т н ι и g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx тнιиgѕ тнαт α я є и ' т яєαℓℓу н α ρ ρ є и ι и g
                                                          xxxxxxxxx αи∂ ωнєи тнєу ρ υ т мє ι и т н є g я σ υ и ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'ℓℓ ѕтαят ρ σ υ и ∂ ι и g тнє ℓ ι ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ѕαуιиg ι н α ν є и ' т f ι и ι ѕ н є ∂ уєт

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Deviled Dregs

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:48 am
User Image

User Image

Ravenclaw Alumni │ Mind Magic Professor

Kolton had to remind himself again and again to get to the Great Hall early, so as not to miss the feast, or Drusilla for that matter. And of course, even if they had spent a large part of the summer together, it would be nice to at least get a seat next to her. Checking the time, Kolton walked at a relaxed pace and surprisingly made it before the students had all arrived, spotting Dru immediately and taking a seat next to her. He was equally surprised that she had made it early--he could've sworn that she would be dug into her cards or something similar. But anyway, he was glad that she was here. Another thing that surprised him was that she didn't have her cards out at the moment, though he supposed she might be training herself to pay more attention to her surroundings. Taking a seat next to her, he flashed her a smile and looked forward to the hall in front of them. "Hello, Dru. Had a good day so far?"

Cara MiaKitty

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:28 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxFar Right End of the Table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCalm

α c є n t u r ч σf σpєn αrms thαt s h є í l d thє l í g h t xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          thís в α t t l є s c α r ís h є α l í n g xxxxxxxxx
                                                          cαst αll thє p α í n tσ thє tσurníquєt thαt в í n d s mє xxxxxx
                                                          wє αrє h σ mє n σ w , thє sun w σ n ' t h u r t чσu α n ч m σ r є xxx

spaceAdalaide had known he was coming long before Rick sat down; perks of being a vampire, she thought. It was very hard to sneak up on her nowadays (though that didn't stop her husband from trying; sadly, he was still quite capable). And, of course she wasn't surprised to see Rick; a few months ago, when he'd first moved to Hogsmeade, yes, she'd been shocked. But they'd talked enough over the holiday that she'd known he'd be here tonight. Still, it was somewhat odd for her; they'd been in the same year at school, after all, so being back at Hogwarts with Rick made the strangeness of it even more apparent. She'd thought that it would fade after she had a year under her belt, but apparently not. She offered him a smile, glad that he was sitting with her. Saved her the worry of who would decide to do so. "Things are going well. I should say thank you, though; I had to sit with Jason at the feast last year," she chirped. "How're you? Feel weird being back? Last year I swore I thought they were all going to look at me like I was mad and send me to the Hufflepuff table."

spaceThe Great Hall filled fairly quickly, the staff table soon filled with professors, and the house tables with students. As soon as the first years were brought in, her attention shifted, brown eyes searching out a familiar head of blonde hair. When she spotted Sebastian, she smiled faintly. "Bastian is officially starting Hogwarts," she said, a cross between amazed and exasperated. "How did he get that old? I swear Mum was just potty training him." She shook her head, barely able to fathom it. It wasn't like she hadn't known, obviously, but the fact that he was standing in the Great Hall right then made it really, truly hit her for the first time. Of course, half the time when she went to check on her twins, she couldn't believe they weren't still in their cribs. Which made her wonder... What was the rest of her life really going to be like? If five years was really so shocking, how would she feel about fifty? Five hundred? It was definitely something to think about... Not too hard, though. She'd give herself a headache. When her brother's name was called, she bit her lip (and it was a good thing it was Rick sitting next to her, since it took her a moment to remember why that was a bad thing). The first year's wave was returned with a smile, though it was accompanied by a roll of her eyes and a shake of her head. She knew her brother, he was an impatient little thing, and yet he was holding up the line to wave to her before he got sorted? He could've done it afterwards, before heading to his table.

xxx fєll ín l σ v є wíth αn α n g є l ( α h є α r t thαt ísn't c σ l d )
                                                          xxxxxx sαч g σ σ d n í g h t , wє αrє d ч í n g ( just h σ l d σ n )
                                                          xxxxxxxxx í'vє вlєssєd thєsє s h α d σ w s αnd tαstєd є v є r ч σ n є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx thєч c α n ' t s t є α l σur l σ v є t σ n í g h t

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:14 am
User Image
                                                I don't know how to live without your love
                                                I was born to make you happy
                                                'Cause you're the only one up in my heart

User Image

════════════════════════

PцяёЬlооd |ᛈ| Dцґм₴тяaпg Alцмиї |ᛈ| ₴cнооl Йцґ$ё

════════════════════════

Frida took a look over the gathered students as she sat, already picking out her son's bright blond hair. She fully expected that this was going to be an eventful and, to be honest, emotional day for her. It had only seemed like months ago that she had discovered she was pregnant with her youngest son, and now he was at school. It wasn't the same school she had gone to, but it was still all the same. With the exception of Magni, her eldest natural child, everyone else had attended this establishment. She sighed, looking down at her hand quietly as she noted the mark she had from her own sorting in Durmstrang. Keltainen had served her well, she mused, and the fact that she was now watching her own son's sorting made her reminisce about what she had experienced in school.

She glanced over to Professor Whitethorne, who was also watching a relative be sorted. She knew Sebastian quite well, as he, Balder, and Caty had all been great friends before Caty left for school herself. Balder had moped about the event for ages before she left for her work, but had ended up deciding to try and worm his way into going to Galtvort himself. He'd succeeded, and now... She gave a small wave and a warm smile, ignoring for the moment the moisture gathering in her eyes. This was her son's day. It wouldn't be proper for her to ruin it by sobbing herself like an overemotional wreck. However, no one would be able to blame a mother that was watching her baby go from being a boy to an independent young man.

════════════════════════

Thinking: My son is growing up...
                                                OOC:

Always and forever, you and me
                                                That's the way our life should be

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:25 pm
We will call this place our home,
The dirt in which our roots may grow.
Though the storms will push and pull,
We will call this place our home.
We’ll tell our stories on these walls.
Every year, measure how tall.
And just like a work of art,

User Image
G E R M A I N E
D Y A N
U M B E R

former hufflepuffmugglebornlibrarian

Germaine wasn't sure if 'comradery' was quite the word to use, but she still found that even after more than a decade of being at Hogwarts, she was still more comfortable at times talking to the non-teaching staff than the professors. Not that she disdained the company of the school's teachers- rather, she thought them brilliant, and knew she could never manage a classroom. Books (generally) didn't give her much sass. But it wasn't as if she could commiserate over unruly classes, poorly done homework, or tight schedules with them. Her domain was a massive library. It didn't always make for the most riveting conversation. But a little blond boy with the surname 'Borson' was one of the first to be Sorted, and as Germaine cheered quite loudly, seeing as he was now a Hufflepuff, and that was her former house, she did look around. Frida Borson was the school nurse, and while the librarian didn't know the other woman too well, she was aware that she was married, with children, and that the little boy, Balder, must be one of them, from the look on her face and the little wave she gave him. This must have set off some maternal trigger in Germaine, because she now scanned the hall for her own children, spotting Kiley, reading of course, at the Ravenclaw Table. She couldn't pick out Kimberly among all the brunette girls at the Gryffindor Table, but seeing as she was a social butterfly... she was sure she was having a grand time, as usual. "That's your son just sorted into Hufflepuff, then?" she asked the nurse happily. "I'm sure he'll love it- I did. But then, the houses are always suited to them, so most are quite pleased with wherever they end up. I have one daughter in Ravenclaw, one in Gryffindor... I think I felt like bawling my eyes out last year when they were sorted."

OOC:
Quote:

Let the years we’re here be kind.
Let our hearts, like doors, open wide.
Settle our bones like wood over time.
Give us bread, give us salt, give us wine.
A little broken, a little new.
We are the impact and the glue.
Capable of more than we know,
We call this fixer upper home.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 pm
User Image

User Image
                                          ╞════════════════════╕

Zachary had made sure he wasn't late to this feast. It was far too important to miss even a second of it, because this was the feast during which his daughter would be Sorted. It was such an exciting event, even he couldn't stop the butterflies from fluttering around in his stomach. He had a feeling that Monika would end up in either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. She was so brilliant, a little too brilliant for her own good sometimes, but her heart was pure and she loved everyone she came in contact with. Those were his favorite qualities of hers. As the Sorting began, Zachary remained quiet, except for a few claps here and there for each new student that was Sorted, until it was finally Monika's turn. The hat was placed on her head, and his heart seemed to beat in his ears. 'Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw you say! With a heart and mind like your's, I'd certainly concur! But alas, I can only sort you in one. A difficult decision, to be certain. Better be... Ravenclaw!' the hat called out. Ravenclaw! Zachary shot up out of his chair, applauding and grinning from ear to ear, a sight not generally seen by anyone. After his daughter trotted off to her own table, Zachary sat back down, straightening his tie in attempts to regain his composure. He glanced to the two members of the staff sitting next to him, recognizing the head nurse and the librarian. It seemed as if Mrs. Borson's son was going to be Sorted as well, the hat calling out Hufflepuff for him. "I have no doubt your boy will do well in Hufflepuff, Mrs. Borson. He seems like a social one," he said to them. "My daughter, Monika, was just put in Ravenclaw. She's such a bright girl, always learning something new every day. I think she'll be pleased with her new house," he added. Yes, she would do well. He wanted the best for her, obviously, and only wished that no trouble would come her way. "Pardon me for interrupting, by the way. My name is Zachary Evans, I teach Muggle Studies," he said, bowing his head in greeting.

╘════════════════════╡
                                          MUGGLE STUDIES PROFESSORx
                                          FORMER HUFFLEPUFFxxxxxxxx

Love of mine, some day you will die, but I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark.
                                          No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight, waiting for the hint of a spark.
                                          If Heaven and Hell decide that they both are satisfied, illuminate the "No"'s on their vacancy signs.
                                          If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks, then I'll follow you into the dark.

X X

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:56 am
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Advanced Flying

User ImageUser Image

Landon arrived at to the great hall in time for the sorting. Sitting at the staff table his eyes met his niece as she looked over from the Hufflepuff table. He knew this year was going to be tough for her. Not because of electives but of so much else. Smiling to her regardless of his worry he hoped things would work out for her. Honestly the girl hadn’t caught much of a break since she turned seven. He was her only sort of ease it seemed. What with understanding, giving her a home, and teaching her how to fly. It got her excited about his class at least.

Clapping for each of the students sorted to their houses, Landon was surprised to see so many Gryffindors this year. However, what really surprised him was that it seemed both Frida Borson and Zachary Evans had children starting at school. It reminded him when Emma was sorted which only made him smile. Looking to the two Landon couldn’t help but speak up at this. “Congratulations to both your son and daughter.” He told them. “Looks like you’re the one who took over my old job.” He said to Zachary. “I’m Landon Price, professor of advanced flying.” He greeted to them both. “And good evening Germaine hope your girls are looking forward to a new term.” Landon said to the librarian. He’d already met her the previous year when her two were sorted.

Status: Happy, hoping for the best this year.
                                    With: Fellow Colleges... Zachery, Germaine, Frida

Wearing: Professional

OOC: Hope you don't mind Landon joining in.

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Diamond Wales
                                    The Shiny Furret

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:48 am
User Image
                                                'Cause you're the only one up in my heart

User Image

════════════════════════

PцяёЬlооd |ᛈ| Dцґм₴тяaпg Alцмиї |ᛈ| ₴cнооl Йцґ$ё

════════════════════════

Frida tried not to giggle as her son first ran over to her with a hug and then ran off everywhere else in the hall to hug, well, everyone. She merely shook her head, thinking that Balder was certainly a social butterfly and that he'd be fine in school. The others she spied him hugging, perhaps not so much, at least in the social aspect. She'd heard of Leon from Jeremy, and she'd done her best to stay away from that mess as best she could. Her eyes trailed over where Balder was enthusiastically hugging everyone at the Hufflepuff table and she shook her head in bemusement. At least when she caught Balder's eyes, he seemed to calm down a bit, even if part of that was just to make sure he stopped bouncing in his seat. She looked over when Germaine spoke up, commenting on Balder's sorting. Frida had worked at the school long enough to see the signs of where someone would go based on their personality, and had warned her son that he probably wouldn't get Slytherin like his best friend Caty did. She was however happy with his placement however. The house was much like her own of Keltainen in Durmstrang, so she didn't mind. "He would have been miserable anywhere else. I tried to tell him he wasn't going to get Slytherin like his friend did last year, but well, children I guess. I won't get to see this for seven more years, and that's only because I'd be watching my grandson being sorted. Hogwarts certainly does it differently than Durmstrang though."

She smiled, shaking her head politely as she chuckled behind a hand at Zachary. He didn't need to call her Mrs. Borson. That just made her realize all the more that she was much older than most of the mothers who had children sorted this year. Which, yes, she was, but that didn't mean anything as she didn't feel that old yet. "I think so too. She seemed like the bright type the last time I saw her. I'm sure she'll thrive. Also, please, don't call me Mrs. Borson. That makes me feel older than I already am. Just Frida is fine, if you don't mind." She couldn't help but feel a flash of amusement as everyone seemed to be introducing themselves. It wasn't like she was a new staff member. In fact, she had been working for the school now for five years. She figured that spending most of your time tending to the sick and injured without complaint tended to make you invisible at times. "Balder is merely my youngest sønn av mitt blod. All of my other children have graduated now. Actually, all of the rest of my children that have graduated Hogwarts I doubt anyone would have even noticed were related, since they're all technically barn i mitt hjerte."

════════════════════════

Thinking: My son is growing up...
                                                OOC:

Always and forever, you and me
                                                That's the way our life should be

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:01 pm
We will call this place our home,
The dirt in which our roots may grow.
Though the storms will push and pull,
We will call this place our home.
Every year, measure how tall.
And just like a work of art,

User Image
G E R M A I N E
D Y A N
U M B E R

former hufflepuffmugglebornlibrarian

Germaine held a hand over her mouth almost girlishly to prevent a few chuckles from escaping as the little boy proceeded to hug oh... maybe half his new house. At least he seemed thrilled with where he'd ended up; you could hardly fault an eleven year old for over-exuberance. She hadn't been nearly as excited at her own Sorting, but then again, she'd been coming from a muggle background and had barely understood what the houses even stood for at the time. "You have a grandson, as well?" she asked in mild surprise. "That must be lovely- I can't even imagine my girls grown and married yet." The twins would probably always seem eleven to her, no matter how old they were, she reflected somewhat ruefully. She didn't want them growing up too fast! Not when she had missed out on the first decade of their lives. "What is the sorting process like at Durmstrang?" she was asking with interest, when Zachary spoke up as well. She glanced at the Muggle Studies professor with a smile. "I didn't know you had a daughter, Zachary. She'll excel in Ravenclaw, I'm sure. And good evening, Landon," she added hastily as the other man joined in their impromptu conversation as well. "Yes, they are; the summer practically slipped by, I feel like. And Frida, have you adopted?" she queried curiously, since despite the woman's lapse into... Norwegian, she was fairly sure, that was what she seemed to have been saying. "My daughters are... Well, obviously," she said a bit sheepishly; neither girl looked anything like her in the slightest, so it probably didn't take a genius to put together that she wasn't their biological mother.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

The Shiny Furret

murruelecreuset

Let the years we’re here be kind.
Let our hearts, like doors, open wide.
Settle our bones like wood over time.
Give us bread, give us salt, give us wine.
A little broken, a little new.
We are the impact and the glue.
Capable of more than we know,
We call this fixer upper home.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:36 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxStaff Table
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxNo one
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxContemplative

αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ιи тнє fαяαωαу н є я є αи∂ и σ ω xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι'νє вє¢σмє ι и ¢ σ и т я σ ℓ ѕσмєнσω xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          αи∂ ι и є ν є я ℓσѕє му ω α ℓ ℓ є т xxxxxxxxx
                                                          вє¢αυѕє ι ωιℓℓ вє тнє ρ ι ¢ т υ я є σf ∂ ι ѕ ¢ ι ρ ℓ ι и є xxxxxx
                                                          иєνєя f υ ¢ к ι и g υρ α и у т н ι и g xxx

spaceDrusilla, in her typical fashion, had managed to get herself distracted just fine without her cards. Her attempt at being watchful had been thwarted by the goings on of her own mind, having gotten distracted mulling through various readings she'd received recently and their potential meanings. When Kolton spoke to her, she blinked very rapidly, turning her head and staring at him like she'd never seen him before. 'Oh! I swear, I was trying to pay attention!" she said, a little irked at herself. "But, mm. My day has been fine. Just getting settled back in, unpacking. Sometimes I wonder why I bother, honestly, I should just leave everything here..." She frowned, expression thoughtful. "Except that I'd miss some of my things. Like my cards, and my favorite crystal ball. I'd also probably have to go skyclad all Summer, since the majority of my packing is clothes... I don't own too terribly many, you know." Curse of being destitute, she had very little and had to sell most of it. Eventually, she swore, she'd sell that damn house. Except she was still not entirely certain her mother wasn't lingering, and she wouldn't wish that on anyone.

spaceShe gave her head a light shake, figuring that was a problem for another time. The Seer gave Kolton a bright smile, sliding her hand to his and leaning her head on his shoulder. "Mm. How about you, pet? How's your day been? Very busy? I was going to pop by to say hello, but I never had the time..." She'd meant to swing in and see if he wanted to join her for lunch in the kitchens as well, but had forgotten by the time she was making her way down. She didn't mention that part, though. She didn't want him to think that she didn't care about him, after all, and so was reluctant to admit when things like that slipped her mind. She was getting better, really she was, but for some reason today her mind simply hadn't focused properly... Most likely because she'd been tired, and rather hungry, and hadn't been thinking about much beyond how heavenly a shepherd's pie sounded.

xxx αи∂ ιи м у м ι и ∂ , ι ιмαgιиє ѕ σ м α и у т н ι и g ѕ
                                                          xxxxxx тнιиgѕ тнαт α я є и ' т яєαℓℓу н α ρ ρ є и ι и g
                                                          xxxxxxxxx αи∂ ωнєи тнєу ρ υ т мє ι и т н є g я σ υ и ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx ι'ℓℓ ѕтαят ρ σ υ и ∂ ι и g тнє ℓ ι ∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ѕαуιиg ι н α ν є и ' т f ι и ι ѕ н є ∂ уєт

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Deviled Dregs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 am
User Image
                                                    I'm gonna take what's in front of me tonight
                                                    Sometimes you just gotta float
                                                    Sometimes the waves are gonna crash you to the shore, whoo
                                                    Sometimes the peace comes
                                                    And settles your soul
                                                    Sometimes the angers so strong
                                                    You just wanna lose control

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Timothy had been watching the sorting quietly. However, when the stool was placed away, he stood patiently and walked over to the podium. He looked over the crowd of assembled students, ready to welcome them to the new school year. "Hello everyone, and welcome back for a new school year. For those that are just now beginning their education at Hogwarts, I would like to extend a welcome and hope they are diligent in their studies. However, before we begin the feast and forget what needs to be stated, I must make the usual school announcements. There is to be no magic used in between classes in the halls, and the Forbidden Forest is still quite forbidden to anyone that doesn't wish to die young. The other school rules are posted for people to peruse at their leisure, but considering these are the most frequent violations, I must bring them up here. Now, let us sit back, tuck in, and enjoy the feast before the evening ends." Timothy took a seat, ready himself to eat.

════════════════════════

Thinking: New year, new faces.
                                                    OOC:

You know when the good times come
                                                    You know the bad gonna come too yeah
                                                    I don't know what to call it
                                                    But I'll just guess I'll call it

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:06 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image
Madam Montague
Matron Healer of Hogwarts School

Madam Montague was scarcely seen and rarely heard during her tenure at Hogwarts. Her views, though kept tight lipped under lock and key, had become widely known despite her every effort. Perhaps she hadn't tried hard enough, but she relished at the thought. That rotten son of hers, how could he? As if sullying his name and reputation with a halfblood wasn't bad enough—he had to decide on a career perpetuated by the public; his every move was being watched and he didn't even care. But she had learned long ago to reign her tongue against ever uttering the boy's name. Charles would not have it. She couldn't blame him. Their eldest son, Gabriel, had been studious and loyal and hardworking, but utterly lackluster; no drive, no ambition. Then Dominic came along, and the young boy had excelled with everything—anything he touched, he would have it mastered within the hour—Gabriel resented his younger brother for it but Charles had such high hopes. Such high aspirations. They both did... once.

It must have been a cold day in Hell when she finally admitted the truth to her husband all those years ago. She caught on to her youngest son's exploits while he was still in school; hell, she'd gone to every effort to scorch the earth before the seeds could grow but it was too late. Forbidding Dominic hadn't worked. Bribing that harlot of his didn't work. Neither did cutting off his funds to the family vault. For an entire year, her son, vain and proud as he was, had endured the looks and stares and laughs of the uniform he had wildly outgrown. Charles would have cut the boy off then and there at sixteen if it hadn't been for her. It was unseemly, she had to remind Charles, and it would only arouse unneeded suspicions with the ministry. Too many skeletons were buried; there was no need for the authorities to get involved, after all. So she and her husband suffered Dominic's insolence for his last and final year before they evicted him from the manor, barred him from the estate, and pruned his limb off the family tree.

That had been over six years ago... Six very long, and very quiet years of solitude. Despite her insistence, Gabriel still hadn't married, and didn't seem inclined to do so. She would never admit it to her husband, but she had a sneaking suspicion that he was gay. How in the world would she ever have grandchildren now? It was a shock, of course, when mutterings from the grape vine spun a rumor that her youngest had adopted a child. Aiobheal, she'd been told. She still wasn't sure how the old the girl was, but all it would take was another afternoon cup of tea with the girls', and then she'd know.

In the midst of all the darkness, there was a light at the end of the table. And it was his name she heard being called upon to sit beneath the sorting hat. As soon as she heard her nephew, Jack, and the clear cry for ”Slytherin!” Madam Montague burst into applause. As she grinned, the wrinkles that usually perpetuated a frown now highlighted every laugh and smile to have once graced her lips. Ever since her brother-in-law had announced the discovery of his son, she had been thrilled. Perhaps she wasn't always the best at showing it. But she did try. Every birthday, she would buy him a lavish gift and it would always be more extravagant than the year before. Sometimes, she couldn't help but pressure the young boy at every turn. She was practically taking out the repressed stress of her failure as a mother and hoped that by helping Alexander—then just maybe—it might help heal the emptiness inside of her. Her eyes never strayed from Jack's as she watched him get settled into the Slytherin table where she, and everyone in their family had once sat. Her brother-in-law will be so proud.

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces