Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:03 pm
Well it won't be soon anyways, since we've got CotS going right now.

Anyways, another question came to mind. A disruptor bypasses energy shields, right? What exactly makes that so, and are they actually more powerful than a blaster, or just have that extra edge?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:50 am
I've never known Disruptors to be able to penetrate shields any better than other blasters.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:08 am
Must just be a KOTOR thing then. Disruptors apparently ate through shields better than normal blasters, comparable I guess to armor-piercing rounds.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:56 pm
Yeah, that was just a non-canon thing for KOTOR. Normally, disruptors just eat up organic material a lot more violently than a blaster.  

Jaden_Ordo

Anna Sachae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 pm
Arright, disruptors are ridiculously high-powered blasters. They vaporize organic and mechanical material with frightening ease, but eat through their power packs at a similar rate. Usually a disruptor will do much, much much more damage than a blaster, but only has about eight shots to a 'mag, as it were.

In KOTOR, they do physical damage instead of energy damage. That's more of a game thing than a canon thing. They needed something to bypass regular energy shields (which are very common in KOTOR, but not in the GCW-era), so they made a weapon that ate through molecules instead of causing energy combustion.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:13 pm
Good for a sniper rifle, am I right? Especially in a one shot, one kill situation. I'll take a Disruptor, but I'll take the DLT over that, depending on the situation.

I'm starting to take a liking to the DL-44, now.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:42 pm
Disruptors, if i remmber right, use a lot more tibanna gas to create such power.

Also, they are outlawed on nearly every planet, even on the rim, due to the sheer power they hold, again, if i remember right.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:56 pm
It's particularly good for a sniper rifle. The DXR-6 is quite effective in the games it was used in, and most of the shots didn't even require a headshot. Distruptors are made to where even a grazing blow might require the entire limb to be amputated due to the extensive tissue damage it caused.

Also, think of the DL-44 as the mid-way point between a pistol and a rifle. It's not quite as weak as a pistol and can usually penetrate Stormtrooper armor, but it doesn't have the range or ammo of a rifle.  

Anna Sachae

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 pm
You're right, Nelo.

And yeah, it's like the SW equivalent of a Desert Eagle.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:41 pm
No, i wouldn't say Desert Eagle. I'd be more prone to calling it the Colt .44 mag though.

Deagles aren't powerful so much as they are just plain heavy...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:25 pm
True. I'd say the most powerful is a S&W .500.

What about a WESTAR-34? M1911?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:35 pm
I'm not going to bust a nut trying to compare weapons in SW to real life. you can only make a general assumption, and frankly, it's really not really that interesting to me. Nospai was much better than me at it anyway. Poor guy isn't here anymore though...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:47 pm
Bust a nut? lol Alright, then.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:14 pm
No.
A Westar is not a M-1911.
Just look at the damn thing and who uses it. Its not a military pistol. Its a gunslinger pistol. That means its more akin to Wild Bill's 1851 Colt Navy Cap & Ball revolvers than a man-dropping mil-spec semi auto number like Browing's masterpiece.
And a disruptor pistol has no real world equivalent.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Anna Sachae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 pm
Yeah, it's kinda hard to have an equivalent to a weapon that completely disintegrates matter.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff