Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:06 pm
You know this would work allot easier if people were willing to take hits to their characters. Hell allot of people are unwilling to kill npcs, thats sort of why they exist, so you can kill them instead of a pc.

Thats one thing thats annoyed me so far. How many times has anyone been wounded in the RP so far? How about killed?

Hell... I was so annoyed no one was injured in the last RP once that I made Calra take a concussion blast to the face.

People die, people get captured, people get wounded. Thats life... deal with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:07 pm
I do agree with Nelo's points, re: min/maxing that Paul is wont to do.

Focus more on storytelling, not gadgets and other toys, and uber maneuvers o' doom.  

AFK Masturbating

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:07 pm
I have to say at least I have no problems making life hell for my characters. Hell Nelo has permission to kill Iust off later in the RP.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:10 pm
That is definitively what I'm trying to get to doing...once I get off AR and onto the Victory Arch stops being such a twink  

PaulTheWolf5575

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:10 pm
stellarmagic
You know this would work allot easier if people were willing to take hits to their characters. Hell allot of people are unwilling to kill npcs, thats sort of why they exist, so you can kill them instead of a pc.

Thats one thing thats annoyed me so far. How many times has anyone been wounded in the RP so far? How about killed?

Hell... I was so annoyed no one was injured in the last RP once that I made Calra take a concussion blast to the face.

People die, people get captured, people get wounded. Thats life... deal with it.

Now, *that* I can agree with you on.

However, any injuries and/or deaths must be by mutual consent.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:18 pm
The truth is that you have to learn what is wrong with the character itself to fix the problem. Actually as Johnny and Cale can attest to, the Ral Roke that I'm basing my Factions character off of, began as one of the worst characters I had ever made. At the end of our campaign in the Star Wars RPG he became possibly my best character creation that I ever had. It's all about adaptability. Take that in to your account when trying to fix him.

Quit trying to make Arch something he's not just for the sake of showing off your great power. Everyone has something they need to overcome. Even those who start off rich have something to overcome (normally experience). You don't get everything handed to you on a silver platter. Work on what would be realistic for your character based on his experiences not your claims of how quick he is at picking up something extremely complicated.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:19 pm
I do tend to do first shot hits... I admit to that, but who says getting hit with a blaster is fatal... Hell if its at range it probably isn't anything more then a nasty burn. Put some cream on it, pick up your blaster and light up the place!

I'd say incapacitating (Wounding them beyond the capacity of continuing to fight) a PC requires mutual consent. Incapacitating an NPC shouldn't require such a consent... though it would probably be better to ask the NPC's creator for permission to kill them, they might serve some greater purpose in the PC's plot.

I try to intentionally give people I'm fighting a route out when it comes to taking hits. I make it unclear as to whether I'm hitting a PC or NPC thus allowing the PC player to escape damage by shifting it over to an NPC. Hell I gave CW a pair of transports to act as meat shields for her escape.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:50 am
Wow, and I wasn't even here...  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:07 am
Reason's like this are why I'm not generally where all the action is.

Seems I missed a hell of a chew out session.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:05 pm
I know! crying  

ElladanKenet
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 pm
It's probably better that way. Definitely wasn't a good vibe in here at the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:29 pm
Yes.

And the next time it happens, the guilty party will be sentenced to be Thrawn's personal latrine orderly. *After* he's had Taco Bell.  

AFK Masturbating

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:34 pm
Why does that worry me?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:05 pm
Ral Roke
Why does that worry me?

So long as you don't mode, or otherwise do dumb s**t, you'll be all right. 3nodding  

AFK Masturbating

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:01 pm
What I do know is that this won't be the last fight over this stuff in Factions.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games