Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:21 pm
Every time I have a needle, I have to sit or lay down afterwards..... I essentially have a mini anxiety attack. But it's mainly at school because you have to stand outside for around 30 minutes to get a single shot.....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:36 pm
Krissim Klaw
Oh I had a similar thing when I was little. At age 2 or so I had a horrible allergic reaction to penisillen. Initially I got a high fever and turned a purplish hue and the doctors had no idea what was going on. At one point they feared I had an infectious disease and had me quarantined and were constantly taking blood and stuff. My mom said after that I would start crying and immediatly reacting bad anytime I saw someone in a labcoat. I still remember throwing fits everytime I had to get a shot at the doctors.

Eventually I did get over it though. When I started to get older and had more control over the whole thing and could tell them no I want to watch, I lost all fear of it. It was never about the pain but the fact I had to sit there guessing when the needle would go in. So much easier to watch everything. Seriously I think doctors make it a lot worse for kids when they try to sheild their eyes from it and make a big deal out of the whole thing.

I actually prefer not to watch, especially when getting blood drawn. But, I'm a bit squeamish..so. sweatdrop I did get the first of three HPV vaccination shots today 'cause my doctor asked and was somewhat insistent that it was a good idea. I had forgotten how sore shots make me. gonk Also, now my mom thinks I'm planning on becoming sexually active like, immediately, because I got the vaccine. I hate when she does that stuff, I mean...I got the vaccine so I could be...vaccinated, there were no underlying plans with that. stressed  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Xthunder

5,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:28 pm
One time it took 5 teachers to hold me down and take the shot...

that is how much I detest needles xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:36 pm
I'm not afraid of needles and I've actually taken blood from myself. I can' get my blood drawn because my veins are so wiry and they roll, so they end up doing the digging around. So if they don't hit it the first 2 times, then I tell them to stop and either try the other arm or don't do it at all  

Rainey_angel81

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:35 pm
I don't have to be held down to get shots anymore (when was the last one I actually had one, though. . . ?), but I'm still pretty needle-phobic. Strange, though, I had no problem injecting animals when I worked at the animal hospital years ago. . .

I do have a pretty vivid memory of when I was young (I don't remember how young); I had to get some kind of shot for school, and it took two nurses and a male EMT to hold me down so they could inject me.

I's pretty feisty. whee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:55 pm
Rainey_angel81
I'm not afraid of needles and I've actually taken blood from myself. I can' get my blood drawn because my veins are so wiry and they roll, so they end up doing the digging around. So if they don't hit it the first 2 times, then I tell them to stop and either try the other arm or don't do it at all
God I hate that! The same thing happens to me half the time. One time it took them four tries to get a vein (a lot of digging involved) when trying to take some blood, and then on top of that they lost it halfway through and had to find another vein. Now if they don't get it within the first try or two I just tell them to use my hand versus my arm since I have some easy to get veins there. XP

Sunegami- makes me think of the time when I was younger I got sent into the hospital under the pretense I my have ovarian sists or cancer (just had cramps but my doctor was an idoit). They wanted to put an IV in me incase I needed emergency surgery but I knew I wasn't sick like that and refused. It took six people to hold me down and I screamed such bloody murder I freaked out all the other kids within the children's area to the point half started crying. It was after that day I swore to myself I would only go to the hospital if I was dragged in unconscious or gushing out tons of blood. xp  

Krissim Klaw

Af Mas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:28 pm
I'm okay with shots. They never take very long so it's just a matter of just sitting down, taking it, and then being done. Getting blood drawn, eh, I'm more okay with that now having done it a few more times now, but I still don't like it. I can't watch, it makes me feel better not seeing it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:50 pm
First time I had to get a shot was a histamine shot. I was young, frightened, and when it came time to do it, never before have you heard such a noise. I squealed, I wailed, I begged, I cried, I whimpered, I screeched. My dad eventually had to hold me by the sides while the nurse gave me the shot. After that, I've never had a problem with getting shots. I've only donated blood once and that was too much. I'm not squeamish about seeing blood, but it's just a bother to do it, not to mention that it kind of hurts when they push the needle in and take it out.

Anyway, just finished moving furniture around. If you want to get a good workout, I suggest you rearrange the furniture in your house every week. Carrying fully loaded bookcases here and there will really make you sweat, not to mention disassembling, moving, and putting together a queen bed from one room to another. Whoo. I'm bushed.  

FogSage

GaijinGuy36

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:04 am
Well, here I am, doing another long night shift. Geh, it's dull, working the overnight shift at a small-time hotel. I'm usually lucky to see 5 people until the breakfast crowd starts to come in.

Anyone wanna talk? So bored...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:31 am
Who all do I owe commissions from here? (Gaia gold and gaia item only).
I know I owe Krystal, Rainey, and Zanzarus, but I can't help feeling like I'm forgetting something  

Leyla Giselle

Crenn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:54 am
You owe me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:06 am
Leyla Giselle
I know I owe Krystal, Rainey, and Zanzarus, but I can't help feeling like I'm forgetting something

I still owe you for dA and FA icons, but that was cash >.>  

Af Mas

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:08 am
Af Mas
Leyla Giselle

I still owe you for dA and FA icons, but that was cash >.>
Yeah. You can contact me whenever you want on MSN about those razz  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:25 am
I think I jacked up my knee somehow at work yesterday...Not sure how I did it, but it's been throbbing and aching all day, expecially when I stretch my leg out or walk. Probably gonna get it looked at Monday if it doesn't get any better by then.

EDIT: Also, my room is cold as hell >_> Whoever is in charge of the gas for the heaters in my dorm building turned it on a few weeks ago for about a week, then turned in back off. Now that it's starting to get rather cold (low 40's, high 30's) at night, and for most of the day, you'd think that they'd turn the gas back on. But I guess not. I suppose the comfort of those in the dorms isn't as important as some stupid pool that they're building stare  

Davin_Nightwind

Lyrim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:29 pm
So I felt bad for never actually updating my reserved post on the first page of the sticky post Member Profile Thread and I went ahead and did so tonight. Have a look if you like. Maybe soon all the reserved posts will be filled with fun information about you folks. 3nodding  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 721 722 723 724 725 726 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games