Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hunter Morda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:57 pm
Air con was installed today, and they also made a small discovery. 3 of the circuit breakers were burnt out.... which might explain some of our 'power' problems we've been having.

Anyway, I'm not going to have a problem with heat anymore..... unless it's winter.... then their might be a lack of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:52 am
To prove I make mistakes:

-While trying to add a new HDD to my mother's computer, I couldn't slide the HDD into place so I took off the heatsink and replaced the stuff in between the heatsink and CPU while I did it..... only to find that the HDD cage can be easily removed by one screw..... whoops
-My second mistake was I needed to add in my 'old' (it's about 2-5 months old or so) DVD burner since my father got me essentially the same one but a different interface, but I forgot that one of my mother's drives weren't working. After replacing the drive and putting it back together...... I found out I replaced the wrong drive rofl

Also, regarding the circuit breakers.... all I can say when I saw them of holy f***ing s***! There is also a length of wire they replaced because it had melted. That's not a good sign.  

Crenn

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:29 am
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle
I was hospitilized last night. Full info is in my FA joutnal

Well, hopefully the medication works for you and if at all possible avoid stress. Stress is a common trigger for pretty much any disorder, and I'd imagine it's be especially in anxiety disorders. Panic attacks can be scary...I've personally never had one but I witnessed one of my best friends having one and it scared the hell out of me. I also strongly suggest therapy, especially if this has been an ongoing problem, as it's more effective than medication in the long run. I'll uh...get off my little soapbox now. sweatdrop
I do try to avoid stress, the severe ones I've been having barely started two nights ago. It wasn't like anything I've ever had before. I can't afford therapy.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:57 pm
Leyla Giselle
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

Well, hopefully the medication works for you and if at all possible avoid stress. Stress is a common trigger for pretty much any disorder, and I'd imagine it's be especially in anxiety disorders. Panic attacks can be scary...I've personally never had one but I witnessed one of my best friends having one and it scared the hell out of me. I also strongly suggest therapy, especially if this has been an ongoing problem, as it's more effective than medication in the long run. I'll uh...get off my little soapbox now. sweatdrop
I do try to avoid stress, the severe ones I've been having barely started two nights ago. It wasn't like anything I've ever had before. I can't afford therapy.

My insurance covers it. I dunno about your situation though. Just be careful; I'm dependent on medication and I wish I weren't.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:10 pm
Leyla Giselle
shoki_de_nai
Leyla Giselle

Feel free to pm me at any time if you need someone to talk to. I went through a period where I suffered from severe anxiety attacks. At the time I had just discovered that I had a heart murmer and was under going tests to find out about that. The added stress of everything left me with crippling anxiety attacks where I thought I was having heart attacks. Mine where often caused by my heart miss firing and having palpatations. Of course then once the anxiety kicked in from the inital palpatations the stress would cause more palps and so on.

Was not a pleasant time and I probably would have gone to the hospital multiple times if it weren't for my father. Thankfully, I had him to lean on during the period. Around the same age as a young adult he had also suffered from anxiety attacks and gone to the hospital several times thinking he was having a heart attack. It was with his help I was able to overcome my anxiety attacks and I haven't had one in ages. I think the most important thing is you must learn to overcome the anxiety attacks. You have to reach a point where you accept that despite the fear and the way you feel, you are not in danger and they are not going to hurt you. The more you stress about the attack the worse it will get and the longer it will take for you to get through it.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:58 pm
******** it all to hell. I was just a complete b***h to my mate. He asked about doing something, I said I didn't want to. He was disappointed, and I told him that maybe he should see how he felt after sleeping without resting for a few weeks and not finding anything enjoyable. He asked why... Now, I'd wanted to explain it to him earlier, like last week. He didn't want me to. I was willing, more agreeable and not as depressed when I offered. Now I'm tired, cranky, depressed and my mind made this connection: He only cares because he's not getting what he wants now. Is it true? Probably not. Did I care? Not at all. What does that have to do with anything? It made me get angry with him.
The following was our conversation:

Me: you said you didn't want me to explain
Him: Now I do
Me: Why? You said it wouldn't make any difference.
Him: I don't understand...and I want to
Me: so what...you only want to understand when it directly effects you?
Him: I told you at the time, I wasn't in the right mindset to understand even if you explained it to me...
Me: yeah, well..maybe I'm not in the right mindset to explain it right now.
Him: Fine.

And then he left to get himself dinner. I'm horrible. I have however taken the time to cool off, and make a long-a** DA/FA journal entry about my symptoms and a brief explanation causes with a link to Wikipedia.

Edit: He came back, I apologized. We're good now.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:50 pm
I'm begining to think I make a bad dog mom. Kirby was out running with me in the backyard earlier today, and he tripped and did a big face plant into the dirt. His muzzle and neck/chest fluff was covered in dirt and all I could do was.... laugh, and laugh. I spent a good ten minutes hunched over laughing and pointing at him. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:34 pm
*Sigh* Hey furs. How's it goin? Well, I'm just startin to get all upset. This academy thing is really starting to wear me down. It's so damn stressful here. I miss home, I mis my mate fiercely. I'm still insanely afraid that she won't be waiting for me by the time I get out of here. I keep trying to keep my eyes on the prize, that in just another two years I get my commission, and it'll all be worth it. The army lifestyle takes alot of getting used to. I'm just so tired, and lonely. I'm trying to stick it out, but on days like this, it gets hard to keep seeing the sun.  

Iron-_-Wolf

Hunter Morda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:46 pm
If she loves you, she'll be waiting til the end of time. If you can, talk to her.

As for having trouble seeing the sun, you need to go outside or go to a window wink  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:09 pm
Hunter Morda
If she loves you, she'll be waiting til the end of time. If you can, talk to her.

As for having trouble seeing the sun, you need to go outside or go to a window wink
LOL, well it's nighttime, so I guess that won't help it... I hope she loves me enough to wait for me. Thoughts of her are some of the only things that do keep me going.  

Iron-_-Wolf

Wyte

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:35 pm
So I sorta stoped posting here for a while (a long while) and it wasn't till Diana banned me for being inactive that I decided maybe I better get my furry white butt back here and see what was going on, so here I am. sweatdrop

I started a new thread in the art section, hope that works out, and I'll try to make a post in the member profile page soon incase any of you who don't remember me or know me, want to do so. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:01 pm
Krissim Klaw
I'm begining to think I make a bad dog mom. Kirby was out running with me in the backyard earlier today, and he tripped and did a big face plant into the dirt. His muzzle and neck/chest fluff was covered in dirt and all I could do was.... laugh, and laugh. I spent a good ten minutes hunched over laughing and pointing at him. rofl

Aww.

Well, if you were also offering him sympathy and a hug at the same time you were laughing, that's fine, I think.

My dogs do similar things. For example, they like to hide under the table and peek out under the tablecloth so it drapes over their heads. Now, this is fine - until a dog standing under the table decides it wants to stand on you. Violet started to jump until her head hit the bottom of the edge of the table, quite hard. She stood there for a moment, pain and confusion in her eyes, while I busted out laughing and beckoned to her to come out. But a moment later, she did it again.

Edit: also, universal single-payer health insurance with reimbursements for all empirically-supported therapy and any experimental therapies that a provider can make a good argument for. None of this for-profit insurance bullshit anymore.  

Shaviv

Af Mas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:15 pm
Wyte
So I sorta stoped posting here for a while (a long while) and it wasn't till Diana banned me for being inactive that I decided maybe I better get my furry white butt back here and see what was going on, so here I am. sweatdrop

I started a new thread in the art section, hope that works out, and I'll try to make a post in the member profile page soon incase any of you who don't remember me or know me, want to do so. sweatdrop

I kinda remember you >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:39 pm
I feel..alright. biggrin It's a huge relief, I finally feel a bit better and after being so depressed for a while it's like...a big deal. I dunno how long it'll last though.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:14 pm
shoki_de_nai
I feel..alright. biggrin It's a huge relief, I finally feel a bit better and after being so depressed for a while it's like...a big deal. I dunno how long it'll last though.

What made the difference?

Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 723 724 725 726 727 728 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games