Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
fuzzy's cuddleless cuddle corner. but we do have pudding ! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... 5649 5650 5651 5652 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fotter

Shameless Elder

9,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:25 pm

furry wolf
then dont forget and keep a grudge against me
then stay away from me if you dont want to =\
I am not going to keep a grudge against you! I am so over what you said, and what I interpreted what you said...
I think a big issue there was that there was a misunderstanding of what was said, what was meant by what was said, and how each of us interpreted what was said. 3nodding

damn us and our ablility to confuse each other! xd lol
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:26 pm

audio_defect
-plays with her paws-

*watches in awe*

Viralfalkon

Memorex_TDK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:26 pm

Viralfalkon
audio_defect
-tumbles around on the floor-... stare

*joins*

kyu! whee gonk
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:27 pm

audio_defect
Viralfalkon
audio_defect

*joins*

kyu! whee gonk

*stares blankly*

Viralfalkon

Reyos

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:29 pm

[repeating incase furry missed it]
Reyos
Who ever said I was holding a grudge? Forgiving someone is different from just forgetting there have been problems

fotter
furry wolf
then dont forget and keep a grudge against me
then stay away from me if you dont want to =\
I am not going to keep a grudge against you! I am so over what you said, and what I interpreted what you said...
I think a big issue there was that there was a misunderstanding of what was said, what was meant by what was said, and how each of us interpreted what was said. 3nodding

damn us and our ablility to confuse each other! xd lol

I've forgiven you for it too, but I don't want it forgotten, then it will just happen again sometime
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:29 pm

Viralfalkon
audio_defect
Viralfalkon
audio_defect

*joins*

kyu! whee gonk

*stares blankly*

-tackles you into oblivion- heart

Memorex_TDK

Fuzzfuzzy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:33 pm

oh it will happen again if you start at me ._.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:35 pm

redface

Memorex_TDK

Gone Fishen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:37 pm

Alright, this thread is temporarily locked.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:00 pm

Okay, I've read over this topic, as best I can, and I'm going to attempt to address some of the issues.

1) Name calling is something we really need to watch. Now I know that certain terms and words have become so common place that we often don't think about using them, but let's try to remember that when we're in this guild we are in mixed company.

What that means is that the people around you are all very different, with different opinions and values. So we need to watch certain words, lest we offend those around us.

2) This area is much like it's own guild, with certain rules that apply. Please be respectful of the creator of this thread and do try to stay on topic. That doesn't mean that you aren't free to speak your mind, but if the creator of the thread doesn't want to talk about, oh, say, politics and makes a statement that he wants conversations about politics kept out of this area, please be respectful to his wishes and keep off the subject.

3) Furry Wolf: With what I just said in mind, please keep in mind that you need to have very clear guidelines about what is and is not allowed in this thread. If you don't want people talking about something, then let them know in a civil manner. We all have emotions and personal issues that often affect our judgement but that does not mean we cannot be civil to one another if we try. This goes for everyone.

After reading this thread, however, is is my opinion that Furry Wolf brought up the subject. Or at least segued into it. So remember that if you don't want to talk about politics, don't start talking about the government because one is going to follow the other. Furry Wolf brought up the subject of not liking being a male and at least having male genitalia which sparked a discussion of the topic.

There is no rule that you cannot talk about that subject in the AFG but if the creator of a thread doesn't want to speak about it, and doesn't wish the topic to be discussed, then please feel free to make your own thread on the subject.

Now lastly, please understand that I'm not stating that anyone did anything wrong here. Like most arguments, fights, etc. this by and large appears to be a misunderstanding. I think Furry Wolf could have used better judgement in bringing up the subject if he didn't want to talk about it, and I think he could have been more polite about asking the other members of the guild posting in the thread to not talk about the subject.

But on the same token, I think others could have been more respectful to Furry Wolf's objection to talking about the subject (a subject which he obviously did not mean to bring up; and I think it's safe to say that we all make mistakes from time to time in not realizing the consequences of our actions).

With all that said, I am choosing not to delete the posts made in this thread. The past is in the past and there is nothing that can be done about it now. We should not simply shove it aside, however. We make mistakes to learn. I think the last few posts made in this thread should serve as a reminder that accidents happen, but can be reconciled.

So I ask that everyone please remain civil and remember that we're all just here to have fun and enjoy one another's company.

Gone Fishen

Gone Fishen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:01 pm

This thread is no longer locked
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:12 pm

can i still talk about the use of the word f**? i only saw this thread once it was locked. anyway, i am bisexual and i often use the word f** and gay. i think that we need to embrace it the same way that the ebony community has embraced the word ******. buy using it ourselves and showing that the use of it is stupid( "oh man my locker is so gay!" "so it likes other lockers?..") we take away the stigma.

swift.the.fox

Twilight of Sorrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:18 pm

Thank you WhiteClaw, I think that little break and mediation was calming/clarifying.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:22 pm

swift.the.fox
can i still talk about the use of the word f**? i only saw this thread once it was locked. anyway, i am bisexual and i often use the word f** and gay. i think that we need to embrace it the same way that the ebony community has embraced the word ******. buy using it ourselves and showing that the use of it is stupid( "oh man my locker is so gay!" "so it likes other lockers?..") we take away the stigma.

The problem is that there is still a negative connatation with the word. African Americans might use the word ****** to refer to themselves, but would still take offence if someone they didn't know walked up and called them that.

This is true with a lot of words, especially expletives. Calling yourself or your friends a b***h or a b*****d is one thing when it's done in fun. Calling someone else that...well that usually leads to trouble.

I don't really have a problem with the terms gay and f** being used. But I think we should be careful of where and how we use the terms to avoid accidently offending those around us. Not everyone is comfortable with certain words and it's not our place to change their opinion.

So use the words in fun if you wish, but don't force them on people.

Gone Fishen

Twilight of Sorrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:25 pm

*returns to normal corner* I just want things to be happy again *lays down*
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... 5649 5650 5651 5652 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games