Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:06 pm
We put out hard rubbish a little while ago including an old desk, a couple of filing cabinets and some lamps. Today, all of that is slowly disappearing as people come in trucks or from the street and take the stuff.... the amusing thing is the fact was the hard rubbish was meant to have been taken a while ago. Oh well, we just find it funny they're taking the stuff we don't want, they can have it!

rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:34 am
This is driving me apeshit.

A long time ago, perhaps since I got my computer, there's been a problem with the sound system. When the volume is maxed out and is evenly distributed between both speakers, I get a feedback whine and some random cracklings. I've contacted Dell on numerous occasions, with no success. Not only can I not understand what they want me to do, when I called tonight it was as if the woman was speaking with a rag stuffed in her mouth. I'll just have to learn how to deal with this crap or maybe take it to a shop and get the sound system replaced entirely. I just can't take any more of this crap about "tap the f12 key and restart your computer, and then this will happen. Oh, nothing happened? Well, do it again...."

Or maybe I'll just buy a new ******** computer. Yeah, that'll be great.

She's going to call me tomorrow at 4. I'm just going to lie and say that it fixed itself just to spare her and me the bother of struggling through all this s**t.  

FogSage

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:45 am
That's the curse of integrated sound, my friend. If you have the money, pick up a stand alone sound card and drop it in your computer. The problem should go away, and you'll probably get a performance boost, since your CPU won't have to worry about doing sound as well as everything else.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:11 am
Davin_Nightwind
That's the curse of integrated sound, my friend. If you have the money, pick up a stand alone sound card and drop it in your computer. The problem should go away, and you'll probably get a performance boost, since your CPU won't have to worry about doing sound as well as everything else.

What kind of sound card would you suggest? Since everything that's inside my computer is from Dell, I probably want to branch out and get something different, right?

Also, are there instructions on how to do this sort of thing?  

FogSage

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:29 am
Hmm...Creative Labs Sound Blaster cards are usually pretty decent, expecially their X-Fi series, but those are kinda pricey ($150-$250 US). Their standard cards usually go between $20 and $60 US on Newegg.

As for instructions, you can usually find them on the card manufacturer's site, or there's a pretty good run down of the process here.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:14 am
Davin_Nightwind
Hmm...Creative Labs Sound Blaster cards are usually pretty decent, expecially their X-Fi series, but those are kinda pricey ($150-$250 US). Their standard cards usually go between $20 and $60 US on Newegg.

As for instructions, you can usually find them on the card manufacturer's site, or there's a pretty good run down of the process here.

Dell probably won't like it then if I ask them to replace the sound card. They'll continue to mess about with my computer, attempting all sorts of nonsense that won't work. They even asked me to do a system restore, even when I knew that it wouldn't do jack s**t for the problem.

As far as the sound card is concerned, you're pretty sure that's what it is? You have a laptop yourself?  

FogSage

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:28 am
Oh, it's a laptop? Hmm...I thought you had a desktop. My bad sweatdrop Unfortunately, you can't replace the sound card in a laptop. I know what that's like...Do you have external speakers? I know on my HP, the sound quality is terrible, but once I plugged in a set of speakers or a pair of headphones, it's fine. laptop speakers usually aren't the best.

If you do have external speakers or a set of headphones and it's still doing it, I don't think there's really much you can do for it. And I know tech support won't help at all. There remedy for everything it seems is to format the hard drive XD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:02 am
Davin_Nightwind
Oh, it's a laptop? Hmm...I thought you had a desktop. My bad sweatdrop Unfortunately, you can't replace the sound card in a laptop. I know what that's like...Do you have external speakers? I know on my HP, the sound quality is terrible, but once I plugged in a set of speakers or a pair of headphones, it's fine. laptop speakers usually aren't the best.

If you do have external speakers or a set of headphones and it's still doing it, I don't think there's really much you can do for it. And I know tech support won't help at all. There remedy for everything it seems is to format the hard drive XD

Maybe they could just replace the top half of my laptop. I mean, it's the screen and speakers, and they could recycle it....

I'm starting to wish I did have a desktop. =_=  

FogSage

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:05 am
That is possible...Maybe if you send it in and describe the problem, they'll be able to take care of it. I know Dell's tech support isn't the best (unless you have an XPS system...They get their own line), but their computer technicians are pretty good at what they do.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 pm
Dell technicians know the laptops back to front. Also Dell has their service manuals available for download.

External sound card for laptop:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829128002

Only thing is you'd need headphones or some speakers. If you're looking at replacing your laptop with a desktop. Go custom.  

Crenn

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 pm
Ok, now that's cool XD

I didn't even think those exsisted.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:25 pm
It's hard to decide what to do. My mother buys me something which I hate, so I have 2 options.

1. Let her know I hate it and won't wear it (she won't return it though)
2. Wear it and look like a complete dork, erasing any self-confidence I may have left.  

Crenn

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:32 pm
Crenn
It's hard to decide what to do. My mother buys me something which I hate, so I have 2 options.

1. Let her know I hate it and won't wear it (she won't return it though)
2. Wear it and look like a complete dork, erasing any self-confidence I may have left.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill when you say wearing this item of clothing will destroy your self-confidence.

Just wear it once, in front of your mother, just to humor her, and then stick it in the back of the closet. If she asks about it, tell her that it didn't feel comfortable  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:38 pm
Here's a complaint.... a BIG ******** COMPLAINT!

First, let's go over things about me.

Good things:
  • Intelligent.
  • Funny.
  • Young.
  • Fairly good-looking.
  • Confident in most departments.
  • Just slightly above-average in that department.
  • Laugh a lot.
  • VERY charismatic.
  • Mature.
  • CLEAN (VERY IMPORTANT).
  • Don't drink, smoke, or touch drugs.
  • Love to learn.
  • Straight-acting for the most part.
  • and I don't have sex casually. I've had sex with <6 people and I tried to make sure there was mutual love lasting for quite some time before doing so. Unfortunately one of them turned out to not really love me but that's another story.

Bad things:
  • Too thin and I have slight pectus excavatum that's noticeable when my shirt's off.
  • Cry a lot.
  • Maybe too conservative sometimes.
  • Hate most children.
  • Occasionally buy things (like Gaia cash and letters) when I know I have bills coming up.
  • Low-tolerance for feminine guys.
  • Closed-minded to cross-dressing.
  • Various small things that shouldn't affect a relationship if the person's not a p***k.

So, with that information out in the open, I'm wondering why it's so ******** hard to find someone who gives a damn. Am I honestly the only good-looking gay guy who thinks sex is not a casual hobby and enjoys monogamous, caring, cuddling relationships?
I've met some other gay guys who appear to have these morals but I can tell that they were using it as a cover-up for not being able to get laid and would take part in a threesome at the first offer (truth hurts... they were ugly even though they were incredibly nice).

So really... am I going to have to settle for ugly men in order to find someone who respects the individual and knows that sex is best when love is involved? Sure there's the cheap thrill of meaningless sex... but the feeling later is one of disgust and when you're crying with no one to hold you it's pretty shitty.

I take pride in the fact that I can count the number of people I've had sex with on one hand. I take pride in the fact that the reason for this isn't that I wasn't offered sex, but because I chose to have sex only with those I truly loved.

Now the chances of me finding an older (20-30y/o) guy on Gaia who fits what I'm looking for and doesn't live in Kjilkinistan or something are one in a million but I needed to blow up for once. I've been holding that in for a while.

I'm making a move to Seattle in February...
Maybe something will fall into place when I go to college... but college boys want beer, weed, and sex so I'm skeptical.

LAME!  

Red August

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:55 pm
Red August

So really... am I going to have to settle for ugly men in order to find someone who respects the individual and knows that sex is best when love is involved?
This line right here is making it really hard for me to have much empathy for you. So if someone's looks aren't up to your standards they are somehow beneath you and would just be settling? Perhaps you can't find a mate because your being too picky and a wee bit arrogant.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games