Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
=Soquili Stats Bonus Questions= December Questions Open! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:41 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Nymphalidae
Participating Soquili: Nymphalidae
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=11690509

March is known for coming in like a lion. Are you brave enough to face it?:
The mare looks offended that she was even asked. "What kind of question is that? Of course I am. I am ready for anything."

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Luck and Stamina. Which do you think is the most opposite of Courage?:
"Speed, I suppose... for those cowardly enough to run away."

Would you say that you are courageous enough to study for twenty years in order to tell one man "You killed my father. Prepare to die."?:
Nymphalidae rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't need to study for twenty years to kill one man. I could kill one now. But, yes, I suppose if I had to study for twenty years... of course I could do it."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 am
Bonus Questions for March are Now Closed!

Bonus questions for April will open once all stats have been updated.

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Bonus Questions for April are Now Open!

Bonus stats for March have been added!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm
Owner's Name: Tara de Draiocht
Participating Soquili: Shaman
Link to Teepee: here

Rainy as April is, it must take some stamina to withstand the spring rains. How will your stamina help you this month?:

Shaman reading the question allowed and paused to think of what to say, " Well, I must say that is a good question. I suppose having stamina would give me the extra push to not only avoid being wet as well as stink, but it would give me the strength to stay positive about the possibility of what happens once the rain ends. I love rainbows and the sunlight." She smiled at the unknown who asked such a question. " Next!"

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Luck and Stamina. Which is most unlike Stamina?:
" Hmmm," Shaman paused to consider each trait. " I would have to go with luck. I think courage, strength, speed, and intelligence go hand and hand with stamina. While luck is just that... luck it happens or it doesn't really. On to the next question."

Tell about a time you needed to hold out for another, to draw on your reserves to keep going even when part of you wanted nothing more than to turn in or give up.:

" I see, I see." She took a deep breath as she recalled a moment in her life that was painful to recall. " It all started when I told Enqueri, he is my mate, that I wanted to go visit my mother. She lives far off from where we dwell, anyways- he told me it wasn't a good idea at the time but I can be just as stubborn as him at times. Enqueri could not go with me as he had to deal with an issue some other horses near to us were having. Enqueri is a bit of an authority figure in our village.

Anyways! My I am getting off track. I had gone off alone and ended getting caught in a storm as well as having my back leg caught in a broken tree. Thankfully I had brought some food with me as well as some supplies. My patience granted me an award when Enqueri had came to look for me, he had been worried after I didn't come back when I said I would. It was a frightening experience, almost died if I hadn't have kept my wits about me and my Enqueri."

Disqualified this month! Please read the CAPS, BOLD, RED rule in the first post!  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Chi Honda
Participating Soquili: Buttercup
Link to Teepee: Teepee

Rainy as April is, it must take some stamina to withstand the spring rains. How will your stamina help you this month?:
Well in all honesty my stamina will help me to endure the urge to wake each day. I need something to help propel me forward, instead of retire to rest whenever my limbs feel weak. I feel as though I can't travel or see as much with such a low stamina. Maybe if I get some more stamina I can travel around, for a place to gather some new roses for my hair.

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Luck and Stamina. Which is most unlike Stamina?:
Luck, since no matter how much luck I have I can't endure everything. Luck helps with something stamina can not, but stamina it is a necessity to ones life. I wish I could talk from experience, but sadly I don't possess much of stamina. Courage on the other hand I have a fair amount of, though never seems to do me much good. I can never seem to pull that extra mile even when I'm not afraid to step forward. I just collapse before I can reach it, I want to know what it feels like to stride forth and not stop before the finish line. That is why I believe courage is the furthest from stamina.

Tell about a time you needed to hold out for another, to draw on your reserves to keep going even when part of you wanted nothing more than to turn in or give up.:
A time when I had to hold for another...hmmm...now that is a hard one. Well there was this once when I was walking along and just happened to stumble over a gravestone. It seemed to just be right out there in my walking path, I didn't even notice it as I moved each of my hoofs. Though anyways I tripped over and roses flew everywhere, up and down, and even sideways! It was insane I tell you! Then out of the darkness came what seemed to me a knight in shining armor as a male asked if I was okay. He had roses just like me, and in that moment I knew no matter how much pain I was in from my fall. I had to endure it an pull through just so this person wasn't left alone. Plus I hadn't seen company in a while, especially someone with roses like I....  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:08 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Gl!tch~
Participating Soquili: Mar
Link to Teepee: Here~

Rainy as April is, it must take some stamina to withstand the spring rains. How will your stamina help you this month?: I think we've been over this. I'm a kelpi. Water makes me happy. If there's anything I need stamina for, it's dealing with Celeste when she's being weird. She'll probably worry about her wings getting wet.

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Luck and Stamina. Which is most unlike Stamina?: Luck. Stamina is like will, right? Luck is something that doesn't have anything to do with will. It'll either happen or it won't, whether or not you work for it. You have no control over that; stamina is all about control.

Tell about a time you needed to hold out for another, to draw on your reserves to keep going even when part of you wanted nothing more than to turn in or give up.: I remember when Celeste and I were returning to the village after swimming. It was the middle of winter and she had followed me into the water. She was cold and wanted to stop, but I wouldn't let her and even had to nudge her along. ...Oh, this is supposed to be about me nearly giving up? Oops. Sorry, I don't recall any instance of that.  

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:36 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: [+Katch+]
Participating Soquili: Nightmare
Link to Teepee: LINK
Rainy as April is, it must take some stamina to withstand the spring rains. How will your stamina help you this month?: Nightmare pondered this question, the silence strangely foreboding when finally he spoke. " Stamina is always a good thing to have, especially in these months that come with the chill and the rain...i always had a place to hide...from the rain. But now...there are more important things to use my stamina for...i will gladly go out in a rainstorm, to train...my son."

"Unlike you say?..." He pondered this, his glowing eyes burning beneath his mask " perhaps Luck...yes, you dont need much luck to work hard or push yourself...to a limit anyway..."

Tell about a time you needed to hold out for another, to draw on your reserves to keep going even when part of you wanted nothing more than to turn in or give up.: His demeanor immediately changed...his face fell and he exhaled a rather large gout of mist, but after a second, and a steady breath, he answered. " When i ran from my beloved...all that time ago, i felt as if i couldn't go on anymore...i didn't want to...i was a monster to her now, and that was all i could be...
But in my darkest hour...i remembered that i still had a child to look out for...my son gave me the strength to hold on." Nightmare felt a small twinge in his cheek, half of a smile " he needed me...and i needed him."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:50 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Faithofthefallen
Participating Soquili: Vesper
Link to Teepee:Here

Vesper giggled to herself. "I love April! It's the start of spring, it always makes me so happy when the rain comes to help revive all the plants and flowers. You know the saying, 'April showers bring may flowers' she imparted in a singsong voice. It does take a lot more stamina to fly in April, its not easy to stay up when your wings are wet! Thats why I usually try to stay inside!"

Vesper tilted her head to the side, the bells in her hair jingling musically with the movement. "Hmm. I suppose I would have to say luck. I don't think Luck has anything to do with stamina, but the rest might." -nodnod-

Vesper's eyes widened at the question, "I've never had to do anything like that! That sounds like so much work, not fun at all!!!" She stopped for a moment, her eyes growing distant, "Well, except for Ery." She decided finally, "I've never had to, but I would do anything to take care of him." She stated with a firm nod, the seriousness of her expression softened slightly by the jingling of her bells.  

Faithofthefallen
Crew

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:32 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: lysia_nyteblade
Participating Soquili: Briallan Oralee
Link to Teepee: xXx

She smiles politely."My stamina will help me to withstand walking around in the mud and much.. it clings to your hooves and tries to keep you from moving. My stamina will also help me to endue any runs from flash floods I may have to do as some times they happen when the rains begin."

She pondered this a moment before speaking barely above a whisper. "I would suppose Luck would be the most unlike stamina as it's based mostly on chance not endurance due to physical prowess..."

Her expression faultered as she thought back on an unpleasant moment in her life. "My mother's herd was attacked by a kalona.. I needed to keep going, to stay strong for both her sake and my own.. I had to do what I could to keep them safe even if it meant my own demise. I don't usually think to fight and protect.. but I couldn't let things go without doing what I could... There were solutions to be had so we did what we had to as a herd; so, I fought back..."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:22 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: icy serenade
Participating Soquili: Ell Em En Oh
Link to Teepee: My Teepee

Ell grins "Let's me go out and have more fun without getting dead tired of course."

"Uhhhh... Luck?" she says unsurely, giving a small shrug.

"Tch.. I never get in those situations. I do for me and only me. Nobody ever did anything like that for me so why should I?"  

bitsie spider

Deathly Demigod

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:28 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: LydaLynn
Participating Soquili: Auri
Link to Teepee: teepee

Rainy as April is, it must take some stamina to withstand the spring rains. How will your stamina help you this month?: Rain coats the wings and makes flying impossible. But my stamina will help me endure walking. And I will do it with a cheerful attitude. Well, I'll start with a cheerful attitude.

The following are stats each Soquili has: Courage, Strength, Speed, Intelligence, Luck and Stamina. Which is most unlike Stamina?: Speed is most unlike Stamina I believe. After all, Speed is about a burst of energy. Stamina is about maintaining energy over time. Speed uses the energy that Stamina would maintain, leaving a Soquili without either.

Tell about a time you needed to hold out for another, to draw on your reserves to keep going even when part of you wanted nothing more than to turn in or give up.: My adoptive mother raised me to help others in need, as she had helped me. She had tracked a skinwalker to a cave. I was still very young, but I was learning to fight, to defend others. And, I think, she didn't want me to be alone while she was hunting because she thought something would come along and eat me.

Anyway, we found the skinwalker. But he wasn't alone. There was a wounded Usdia mare in the cave. She had been badly injured by the skinwalker. So my adoptive mother asked me to get the usdia to safety. I didn't want to, I wanted to stay and fight, but someone needed to help the little mare.

So we left, the usdia leaning on me. It took me a long time, what felt like hours, to get her away and to a uni healer. I wanted to stop, to rest. But my adoptive mother was still there, still with the skinwalker. I knew that if he could, he would kill her. But I also knew that she would do the same for him. And no matter who won or if they were still fighting, my foster mother would probably be injured and need my help.

So, my hooves feeling like they were tied to tree trunks, I walked back. It was quicker, though the flies drawn by the usdia's blood that was still smeared on my hide as the morning sun rose quickly made things even more unpleasant. When I finally got to the cave, there was my adoptive mother, wounded but triumphant.

I would have collapsed at her feet, but she needed the Uni's help as well. Even if I was too small for her to lean on, I could get the healer and bring her back. Now that the skinwalker was gone it would be safe enough for her. So again, I walked down out of the mountains and, though I think I was asleep for most of the return trek, I brought my adoptive mother the help she needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:08 am
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Phail Ninja
Participating Soquili: Cyllene
Link to Teepee: [x]

"Stamina?" The Seathi looks at you as though you're an idiot for asking, arching her neck as though superior, "I don't need stamina. I'm the fastest and best thing in the entire ocean! Though..." She adds in a low whisper, as though ashamed at admitting it, "My tail does get a little tired after too long..."

"Unlike stamina? The most thing UNLIKE stamina, is not being fit at all. Strength would be closest." Once again, she flaunts her 'superior' knowledge at you, "I suppose intelligence. That has nothing to do with stamina at all. Or courage. Though maybe you need stamina to persevere, so you might need courage with it... Yes, intelligence is the most different."

"I had this most frightful encounter once. I mean... I wasn't scared or anything, but there was this horrible monster lurking at the bottom of the ocean. I was only looking for shiny stuff, when BAM! I'm in the middle of nowhere, somewhere really deep down, and I can't see anything. This huge creature started harassing me! If I'd had some more stamina, I would have shown it properly not to mess with me!"  

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:28 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name:Mindsend
Participating Soquili:Taarab
Link to Teepee: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=15175157

Taarab turned his head, "I suppose by helping you have the energy to find a place drier and warmer to stay.. Such as under a rock overhang or a little within a cave? Or simply withstand the cold damp long enough for the rains to pass and the day to warm again."

"Luck?" Taarab pondered, claws scraping the ground, "Since Luck is usually a flash or momentarily passing thing, and stamina is something that lasts long."

"..." Taarab pondered hard, thinking about his easy life of song, dance and art, leisure and protection. He was practically pampered as a foal in comparison to the mares, since males were not warriors, but home keepers in his Flock, "... I... Cannot think of one such as what you described.. I might if I had a journey with one of the women, if they needed aid carrying supplies on a journey, much like the males and females both helped travel during the migration to this area."

He paced a bit, trying to think of an example that worked for him, "... Ah! Well, as an artisan, working on setting up a guild for our flock, I often teach others what I have learned, if they show interest in a particular skill. Because of this, I often spend time going place to place teaching. This can be somewhat grueling at times, since they're fresh, and I've already been working for hours, digging up clay, making pits, showing how to find turquoise and other gems and stones within the earth. Thankfully, since we started I've figured out a better schedule, and only do certain things on certain days, and some days are simply working, with some assistance from me... And I have days where I can just work on my own projects. However, its still from morning till as late into the night as I can, at times, when truly inspired."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:50 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: .Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Participating Soquili: Guinevere Adelaide
Link to Teepee: Here

The mare's ears perked. "It's rained?!" She laughed quietly as she looked down at the wet snow, which currently reached her knees.

"Well. Luck, I suppose. Luck doesn't mean that you can withstand things."

"Honestly? I haven't really had a time like that. You see, I don't get out much, and not much excitement happens at the teepee. Everybody does everything for everyone else. It's a system where nobody suffers because everybody's so willing to help."  

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

sunchaser9000

Toothsome Shapeshifter

10,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:29 pm
POINTS ADDED

Owner's Name: Sunchaser9000
Participating Soquili: Axel
Link to Teepee: Teepee

Axel: My stamina will keep me dry and ready for the ladies. You know what they say...Spring is a time for new beginnings.

Axel: Speed is most unlike stamina, I believe. Speed implies that one is quick, while stamina makes one strong and sturdy, with great endurance. I have endurance. *wink wink*

Axel: Well...there was this one mare...I had tried every trick I knew to get her to turn her head my way. Everything I tried she turned against me, but I kept going, despite the part of me that wanted to quit. And true to the long wooing I had to give, her love was the sweetest I've ever had.  
Archived

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 102 103 104 105 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games