Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:38 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

heather030595
User Image
User Image
Blind Pureblood Unsorted First Year Albino

Oh broken angel, were you sad when he crushed all your dreams?
Oh broken angel, inside you're dying 'cause you can't believe
He would leave you alone, and leave you so cold when you were his daughter
But the blood in your veins as you carry his name turns thinner than water

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

ᑕᙓᑕᓰᒪᒪᙓ nervously approached the front of the Great Hall. The sorting hat must be near her, because she could hear its booming voice clearly. The girl that had helped her at the station and on the boats, Olyvia, was sorted into Hufflepuff. Where would she be sorted, she wondered. Finally, when her name was called, Cecille climbed the steps towards the stool where the hat was, tapping her cane on the ground in front of her to keep her from tripping. Pulling herself onto the stool, Cecille felt the hat sitting on her head. 'Please put me with my brother. Pretty please, Mr. Hat?' she pleaded in her mind. The girl seemed to be trembling as she awaited the hat's decision.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

You're just a broken angel...

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a cheerful little girl. I love smiling and making other people smile, even though I can't see it. I am highly intelligent for my age, and can speak Welsh and English, though it's seen as odd, or something like that. I am usually very quiet. I prefer blending into the background, rather than "lead the pack". I wouldn't say I'm shy, it's just that most people don't take the time to know me. If they would, they'd find I am very friendly and sweet. I also love to dream up amazing stories like the ones my brother reads to me.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
With your brother is your wish?
You are intelligent enough for his house.
So be it. You will be in...

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:41 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Diamond_Wales
User Image

Miles McLellan
First Year - Unsorted
♫♩♬♪♫♪

Miles walked nervously up to the stool and sat down. He honestly had no idea where he wanted to be. He nervously shifted on the stool, hoping that he wouldn't look too much like a fool. Oh well, he'd go wherever the hat put him, he guessed. "I hope I dinae end up somewhere I don't like."

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm um, well, lazy. Don't get me wrong, I do do school work, but you usually can get it done on the last day, right? And a bit good-natured. I usually laugh and joke a lot. And I'm a great friend. Need help with something? As long as it's not schoolwork, just ask!

Just goes to show that life can't be deadly serious, you just need to learn to laugh a little.

--------------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
--------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
A good heart.
A good friend.
You surely belong here...

Hufflepuff!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Forks Anonymous
User Image
ℓαιяєαℓℓ
☆.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.•´`•.¸¸.••´´¯``•• .¸¸.¤

Umm, Is... is that supposed to happen?
That doesn't look right at all.

First YearUnsortedSorting HatDazed and Confused

I wonder if I'll get to see Rose this year...
first year might be really busy
and she'll be busy with fourth year...

Upon hearing her name be called, Claire seemed to space out for a moment, staring blankly at the hat, then at the tables around the room. Did they just say Claire Hall? They must have been mistaken.

'But wait...' Claire thought to herself. '...I was invited to attend Hogwarts... my name is Claire Hall... is that me?'

She turned her attention back to the stool where she had watched the other first years sit and were sorted. It was empty now, but she still couldn't seem to fully grasp the idea. She felt a gentle nudge from behind, which pulled her back into reality. She could barely remember walking across the hall to take a seat - her legs were moving on their own accord while Claire was still trying to gather her thoughts.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a very outgoing, cheerful and friendly girl. I'm always running around doing something, and my mind is always really scrambled because I like to think of a lot of stuff at once. I tend not to be very organized with my thoughts but I'm capable of keeping track of everything and only confuse others when they try to get answers from me. It's probably because I tend to talk a lot, which my mother says is a charming trait of mine. It's never a dull moment around me.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The Hat had barely touched her head before shouting out...
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:47 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

nathan122394
User Image Micheal Corven ~ Unsorted First Year ~ Pureblood

As micheal was called he was filled to the brim with excitement ready to get sorted and make new friend and spend time with old ones and almost knocking over the stool when he hopped on eager to receive the hat on top his head.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm always willing to lend a helping hand and I stick up for friend when they are in need. I Like to play everything fair and I'm sometimes shy to strangers. I like to try making friends if I get the chance. I'm a friendly and kinda a nerd and I like a good joke. I'm smart, funny and very level headed. Friends and family mean every thing to me and I would do or give anything and everything to protect them or comfort them, I like to flirt with girls a lot too, if the opportunity comes along and the time is right.

Smart and level,
You may belong here...

Ravenclaw!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:54 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The_Slave_Master105
User ImageUser Image

"This world is older than any of you know,
and contrary to popular mythology,
it did not begin as a paradise.
For untold eons, Demons walked the earth;
made it their home -- their Hell...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conn Walked into the hall and looked around, taking a deep breath, and walking with the other first years. keeping his black sunglasses on his eyes, he stood and listened to the others names called before hearing his own and walking up to the stool and the headmistress.

OFC: N/A

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

....In time they (the demons) lost their
purchase on this reality,
and the way was made for the mortal animals.
For Man. What remains of the Old
Ones are vestiges: certain magics, certain creatures"

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm extremely athletic, a very bad temper, cold and mean, but I am really a good person well try to be. People also say that I am very intelligent and that I pick up on things quickly, and that I have a knack of getting in to trouble.

Ha! Clearly you belong here,
There is no question you fit in
perfectly...

Slytherin!

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:03 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

JayzStar13
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Noah Blake Rivers

Noah walked into the Great Hall with the rest of his classmates, looking around at the ones who were overly excited to be here. Although Noah was excited, you wouldn't be able to tell. As he waited for his turn to be sorted, he eyed around the mass of students looking for those who he would deem as friends and those who he'd see as competition.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm intimidating, although that's not a conscious or intentional characteristic. I'm a very confident person. I'm extremely opinionated, and tend to surround myself with those who I deem to be talented, whether it be musically or magically. I'm a singer and enjoy singing by myself or with a group of people. I can be fun & outgoing if I'm with a group of people that I trust, but it takes me a bit of time to warm up to people.

You prize talent above all else.
Slow to trust, though...
I think you will do well here

Slytherin!

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sumimachine

Distinct Vampire

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:14 am
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Step to the farthest side of my dreams
Be careful of what you might see...

On my own, castaway
Trapped and caught in between...

Darkened skies, tidal waves
But I am
moving on...

███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████

Otto was skipping through the Great Hallway, her footsteps light, her sneakers only making subtle crunch sounds as its soles rubbed against the graveled pavement. Her messy shock-white blonde hair bounced slightly with each skip, and she was humming a tune from whatever was playing on her shuffled music player, trailing a few steps behind from the other first years. Otto seemed to be on a world of her own, like an invisible bubble was wrapped around her and only she was the one who can see it. What was going through her mind right now, no one could really tell, but apparently she looks like she's having a good time, being out at this time of night with a handful of strange people, but still happy all the same.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm best described as strange. You can't really put your finger on me and what I am, seeing as some would say their first impression of me would be snobbish, aloof or just plain weird. I guess you can say I am somewhat a reserved individual, mostly keeping to myself but I can be a pretty quirky girl with a composed disposition and many eccentric beliefs and qualities. I am a complete nonconformist; I lack self-consciousness and wasn't afraid to show who I truly am. I am said to be highly intelligent and unusually perceptive and observant of my surroundings.

My demeanour and voice are often distant and distracted, and I would most likely drift away from a conversation I do not find interesting. I have a knack for blunt honesty, blurting out things and observations that most people would find uncomfortable and awkward. I am rarely seen as anxious, agitated or under stress, even under difficult situations due to her strong sense of self-control, however I have a weak spot, which is my anger. Once pushed beyond my limits of control (which happens very rarely), my calm manner would diminish, turning to that of an unstable and rash monstrous character that could have the capability of hurting someone in cold blood, with no regrets whatsoever.

I often steer clear off seeing as a lot of people can't really understand me, and I have had difficulty of making friends. But I am unfazed by this, though, and instead chose to be nonjudgmental and accepting of the others around me. I am found to be very loyal to the few friends I have, and is very enthusiastic and passionate about music.

OOC:

████████████████████████

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:33 am
User Image
User Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

[[First Year]] [[Unsorted]] [[Pureblood]]

Gabriel, used to majesty and splendor, was not in surprised by anything he saw in the large castle called Hogwarts. He glanced quickly at his sister, whom he was sure was more impressed than he. He was more interested in the students around him, where were his future classmates, when would be begin to get to work. He was certain he would bend these halls to his will, bend the students to his whims. Perhaps he was arrogant, but that was encouraged in his family, so it would surprise no one that yet another Sinclaire was a cold hearted, arrogant, wizard.

A cold smirk grew on his face as he heard his name called and the sorting hat was placed on his head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Manipulative, Cruel, Calculating, Cool and Intelligent. Gabriel exudes coldness and power. He puts himself first, above all others, he understands perfectly, how to manipulate his circumtances to serve his own needs best.

phoenixfeather1007

phoenixfeather1007

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 am
User Image
User Image

Valerie's stomach was in knots, though her pride would not allow her to admit it. She envied her brother's cool exterior, and hoped that she exuded the same coolness, at least outwardly. The truth was, Valerie felt very out of sorts in this element. She was used to being tucked away and hidden, not standing in the spotlight.

Suddenly, Valerie became very angry. How dare they make her feel this way, make her feel as if she'd been put on the spot. She hated this feeling. This hate bubbled inside her, just under the surface. An unexpected glare from her brother stopped her in her tracks, but he couldn't have known what she was feeling, could he?

Then, she heard her name called, frustration and anger still just below the surface, begged to be addressed by her conscious mind, but she was too focused on that sorting hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Ambitious, Rash, Manipulative, Cruel, Explosive, and Powerful. Valerie knows what she wants and goes after it, with know thought to whom she might be stepping on in order to achieve her goals. Her cruelty comes form a sense of entitlement. Valerie is prone to angry and explosive outbursts. She knows how to manipulate people and circumstances.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:44 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

The Dark Closet Rebellion
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Step to the farthest side of my dreams
Be careful of what you might see...

On my own, castaway
Trapped and caught in between...

Darkened skies, tidal waves
But I am
moving on...

███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████ ███████

Otto was skipping through the Great Hallway, her footsteps light, her sneakers only making subtle crunch sounds as its soles rubbed against the graveled pavement. Her messy shock-white blonde hair bounced slightly with each skip, and she was humming a tune from whatever was playing on her shuffled music player, trailing a few steps behind from the other first years. Otto seemed to be on a world of her own, like an invisible bubble was wrapped around her and only she was the one who can see it. What was going through her mind right now, no one could really tell, but apparently she looks like she's having a good time, being out at this time of night with a handful of strange people, but still happy all the same.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm best described as strange. You can't really put your finger on me and what I am, seeing as some would say their first impression of me would be snobbish, aloof or just plain weird. I guess you can say I am somewhat a reserved individual, mostly keeping to myself but I can be a pretty quirky girl with a composed disposition and many eccentric beliefs and qualities. I am a complete nonconformist; I lack self-consciousness and wasn't afraid to show who I truly am. I am said to be highly intelligent and unusually perceptive and observant of my surroundings.

My demeanour and voice are often distant and distracted, and I would most likely drift away from a conversation I do not find interesting. I have a knack for blunt honesty, blurting out things and observations that most people would find uncomfortable and awkward. I am rarely seen as anxious, agitated or under stress, even under difficult situations due to her strong sense of self-control, however I have a weak spot, which is my anger. Once pushed beyond my limits of control (which happens very rarely), my calm manner would diminish, turning to that of an unstable and rash monstrous character that could have the capability of hurting someone in cold blood, with no regrets whatsoever.

I often steer clear off seeing as a lot of people can't really understand me, and I have had difficulty of making friends. But I am unfazed by this, though, and instead chose to be nonjudgmental and accepting of the others around me. I am found to be very loyal to the few friends I have, and is very enthusiastic and passionate about music.

OOC:

████████████████████████

An odd one,
But smart too.
I know where to put you...

Ravenclaw!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

phoenixfeather1007
User Image
User Image

Gabriel, used to majesty and splendor, was not in surprised by anything he saw in the large castle called Hogwarts. He glanced quickly at his sister, whom he was sure was more impressed than he. He was more interested in the students around him, where were his future classmates, when would be begin to get to work. He was certain he would bend these halls to his will, bend the students to his whims. Perhaps he was arrogant, but that was encouraged in his family, so it would surprise no one that yet another Sinclaire was a cold hearted, arrogant, wizard.

A cold smirk grew on his face as he heard his name called and the sorting hat was placed on his head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Manipulative, Cruel, Calculating, Cool and Intelligent. Gabriel exudes coldness and power. He puts himself first, above all others, he understands perfectly, how to manipulate his circumtances to serve his own needs best.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The Hat had barely touched his head before shouting out...
Slytherin!

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:51 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

phoenixfeather1007
User Image
User Image

Valerie's stomach was in knots, though her pride would not allow her to admit it. She envied her brother's cool exterior, and hoped that she exuded the same coolness, at least outwardly. The truth was, Valerie felt very out of sorts in this element. She was used to being tucked away and hidden, not standing in the spotlight.

Suddenly, Valerie became very angry. How dare they make her feel this way, make her feel as if she'd been put on the spot. She hated this feeling. This hate bubbled inside her, just under the surface. An unexpected glare from her brother stopped her in her tracks, but he couldn't have known what she was feeling, could he?

Then, she heard her name called, frustration and anger still just below the surface, begged to be addressed by her conscious mind, but she was too focused on that sorting hat.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm Ambitious, Rash, Manipulative, Cruel, Explosive, and Powerful. Valerie knows what she wants and goes after it, with know thought to whom she might be stepping on in order to achieve her goals. Her cruelty comes form a sense of entitlement. Valerie is prone to angry and explosive outbursts. She knows how to manipulate people and circumstances.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. The Hat had barely touched her head before shouting out...
Slytherin!

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:43 pm
Corabell Kiremono~Unsorted First Year~Half-Blood

Corabell's eyes flicked around the Great Hall, noting the tables full of students, enchanted ceiling, and, of course, the Sorting Hat. Her stomach filled with butterflies when she thought about having to take her turn under the hat, with the eyes of the entire school on her. Taking a deep breath, she lifted her chin, threw back her shoulders, and smiled pleasantly. No matter how nervous she was, she was a Kushia and a Kiremono. She would not embarrass her family by acting like a frightened child.

"Kiremono, Corabell!" Corabell stepped forward, gentle smile on her lips, the picture of serenity. Like a swan on a calm lake, she kept her feelings under wraps, showing nothing but grace and composure as she took her place and waited for the hat to sort her.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very sweet. I tend to be very quiet and polite, and I’m very devoted to my family. I’m a hard worker, and a little insecure.

Where am I? Great Hall
Who am I with? N/A
What am I doing? Being sorted
OOC: (( ... ))

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:14 pm
User Image
The Sorting Hat
User Image

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Corabell Kiremono~Unsorted First Year~Half-Blood

Corabell's eyes flicked around the Great Hall, noting the tables full of students, enchanted ceiling, and, of course, the Sorting Hat. Her stomach filled with butterflies when she thought about having to take her turn under the hat, with the eyes of the entire school on her. Taking a deep breath, she lifted her chin, threw back her shoulders, and smiled pleasantly. No matter how nervous she was, she was a Kushia and a Kiremono. She would not embarrass her family by acting like a frightened child.

"Kiremono, Corabell!" Corabell stepped forward, gentle smile on her lips, the picture of serenity. Like a swan on a calm lake, she kept her feelings under wraps, showing nothing but grace and composure as she took her place and waited for the hat to sort her.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very sweet. I tend to be very quiet and polite, and I’m very devoted to my family. I’m a hard worker, and a little insecure.

Where am I? Great Hall
Who am I with? N/A
What am I doing? Being sorted
OOC: (( ... ))

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking...
A hard worker
And loyal too
You'll feel sure of yourself in...

Hufflepuff

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 7:08 pm
SORTING IS NOW CLOSED FOR THE YEAR!  
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games