Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:03 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at Platform 9 3/4 with Emily
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Thank Merlin I'm going to get a few months away from him. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

Sunny days seem to hurt the most; ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          I wear the pain like a heavy coat. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          I feel you everywhere I go. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott blinked as the girl replied to Kenneth before the older boy left. "You can just ignore him, he's a pain," the brunette told her, but by then it was too late for her to bother trying, since Kenneth was gone. He sighed lightly. "Uh, sorry about him. He's... he just likes to annoy me," he told her with a shrug. "But, um, yeah, I'm a first year." The younger Holt wanted very badly to punch his older brother in the face when, seconds later, she asked about his social skills. He huffed lightly, clearly annoyed. "I'm not bad at socializing!" he told her defensively. "I just... don't have any friends. And like to read. But it's not because I'm a jerk or something!" Elliott blushed bright red then. Wow, that was a great first impression. First Kenneth told her he was bad at being social, and now he was half-yelling at her about how he wasn't a jerk. Brilliant. "I just... um. Sorry. Uh, I dunno if we can be friends, but we could talk? Not that there's anything wrong with you, obviously, or that I dislike you, I mean, I barely know you at all, so I can't exactly dislike you already. But, I dunno if we'd be good friends. I mean, we might be incompatible or something..." He trailed off, realizing he'd rambled a bit. He shifted uncomfortably, and swallowed, trying to shake off some of the nervousness. "What I mean to say is... I mean, you can't know if you're going to be able to be friends with someone until you know if you'll get along, or have things in common. So, we'd have to know more about each other to say if we were friends..." Now he really wanted to hit his brother. This was so stupid! Why was he rambling on like this! It was beyond ridiculous. Okay, so maybe he was bad at socializing. Kenneth didn't have to point it out, though! And it wasn't like he was deficient! "Sorry. I mean. That was... I dunno what that was. But, um. We could... try to see if we could be friends?" he asked hopefully, although he wouldn't have blamed her if she'd rolled her eyes, decided he was weird and walked off. He was weird. Maybe he was better off ditching her for his books... not that he'd get the chance, since she was more than likely about to ditch him. Lovely way to start his first year, that.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ I see your smile, I see your face,
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I hear you laughin' in the rain;
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I still can't believe you're gone.

(( OOC: ))

"Kenneth's speech"

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:18 pm
User Image

User Image

。∴°•.・☆location☆・.•°∴。*゚: Platform
                                                      。∴°•.・★thoughts★・.•°∴。*゚: Worried
                                                              。∴°•.・☆companions☆・.•°∴。*゚: No one yet
                                                                      。∴°•.・★wearing★・.•°∴。*゚: clothing

User Image

Shayna entered the platform. This was her last time. Which was extremely upsetting. She was almost ready to cry at this point. This had been her home for so much of the last six years. And her fifth and sixth hadn't been entirely amazing. She almost died, and became the captain of the team, just to lose it just as quickly. She had lost it, there was no doubt but she wasn't unhappy about it. It had been a lot of sickness and unreliability on her part of course... She dropped the team when it needed her that last game. And one of the reserves had to step in. According to what she had heard, they had to come to an agreement for the sakes of both teams... She felt awful. She was going to resign but the head of house had gotten to her first.

★ - -Ravenclaw- - ☆ - - Seeker - - ★ - -Seventh Year- - ☆ - -Prefect- - ★

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
User Image

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm
User Image
                                                    I believe the sun should never set upon an argument
                                                    I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands
                                                    I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you
                                                    I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Eli looked up as a pair of worn trainers caught his eye, and he lifted up the sunglasses a touch to peer at the girl standing in front of him. Well, it seemed as though Dani seemed to have a good summer. He couldn't complain about his, other than perhaps the odd young kid calling him a freak, as always. Which, honestly, he took pride in that fact. If nothing else, it meant that he was doing a good job of being weird. He grinned at the Gryffindor and rubbed the back of his neck. "Hey Dani. I take it your summer went okay? Nothing weird happened, like a three-headed bird coming around and snatching people up, right?"

Okay, so maybe his mind took a bit of a flight of fancy every now and then, but hey, he was magical, he was allowed to think the weirdest things. Besides, who knows, there could be three-headed birds flying around. It'd be cool to see, anyway. Better than his boring summer, at the least. He just wished something interesting would happen around where he lived so that he could say that something did happen, otherwise he was going to have a very short explanation for his summer.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Man, I wish a three-headed bird invaded my neighbourhood now...
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality
                                                    I believe that trust is more important than monogamy
                                                    I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul
                                                    I believe that family is worth more than money or gold

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:25 pm
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... {Platform 9 3/4 and Wendy Chaisty/Celeana Snow}
My time on the clock is Start of the 2026 school year

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: OUTFIT ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

Cathy was half impressed David managed to slip trough the crowd as quick as he did to find a bench, though, Cathy (and Wendy close behind) had managed to keep up fairly well and apparently he hadn't gotten the chance to read as he was met by a blonde girl who looked either in his year or close to it. She raised a brow a bit surprised but then again David did manage to have a larger tolerance for females verses males. Maybe it was the trait he had some sort of bias towards gender or something. At least it would mean that he wouldn't be nearly as mean to Wendy, though, Cathy wasn't sure how bad she'd feel about the red haired girl being told off occasionally. Cathy trusted Wendy not much. She was the sort of person who hid the cards she had legally in a game and have an extra supply to cheat with somewhere on hand at all times.

She caught the start of David replying with some sarcasm to the blonde's question about how her favorite Ravenclaw was doing when she heard Celeana greet her happily and asking about whether someone was a friend or cousin. She smiled and said, "Leana! So great to see you." Nodding towards her brother talking to Sapphire she said, "My brother is there but-" she tugged on Wendy's arm and said, "-this here is Wendy Chaisty. She's my cousin. She's starting this year. Said she is hoping for Slytherin like most of the family. Fun right?"

Wendy raised a brow at Cathy who seemed as bubbly as ever and said, "Second cousin, actually. The matriarch of the Avery clan, their maternal grandmother, is actually my great-aunt."

"We're still cousins," Cathy chuckled. "Family still. Anyways, Wendy this is Celaena Snow, one of my friends. She's a Gryffindor."

"Charmed," Wendy said with a polite nod before glancing at Celeana and then Cathy and then David and let out a sigh before settling on a polite smile to Celeana again.

shabatha

"The Epitome of a Well-bred Witch"

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Unsorted Upcoming Hogwarts Student
Year at Hogwarts: First
DOB: January 14, 2015
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated Shaft//
xxxxxxHazel and Merpeople Scales
Wearing: Plain Uniform

Being a mere branch member is not enough...
I have plans for a better spot in the family tree.
I have already earned it: and I will continue to do so.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:32 pm
User Image
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 Platform <3
With : <3 Another student <3
Who : <3 David <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 Pretty happy for once. <3
Wearing : <3 <3

Sapphire continued to smile. "I wouldn't consider my cousin ever. Let's just say my cousin and I do not see eye to eye. Ever." She said chuckling. "Well, since you happen to be the most fun of the Ravenclaws. And the only one in the whole school who is able to keep up, possible surpass, you are my favorite. But then again, most Ravenclaws are so boring..." She said with a dramatic yawn. She looked over as he seemed to look at a pair of girls. With whom her sister had walked over towards.

"I'm gonna guess that one of the two girls my sister is with is your sister. She looks like a girl my sister would converse with..." She said with a sigh. Had she really held a conversation with the younger blond. She shuddered but smiled anyway. To be honest she was happy she had.

"That is good. It is a good trait. Nothing too exciting? As for me, nothing really entertained me. Although my siblings were always the types to make me laugh. Other than that... Nothing really. And no, i'm not too bored, but you looked like you could use some company." She said putting her hands behind her head, trying to seem at ease.

Fourth year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

mc2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:43 pm
User Image
                                                                    User Image

════════════════════════

Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❷| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❷| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-ʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Dani had a warm smile, and she leaned in to give Eli an equally warm hug. "Summer had a bit of a rocky start, but the rest went okay,' she' ll reply. "Though I can't say I saw any three-headed birds. As much flying as I was doing, I'm sure I would have remembered seeing something like that. How was your summer?"

════════════════════════

OOC:

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:46 pm
User Image

Emily Strauss Vanadeth

╔═════════════════════╗
Where: Platform 9 3/4
With: Elliott Holt
Thoughts//OOC: I hope he isn't the quiet type...
Outfit: Polyvore isn't working for me right now. So she is just wearing a lightblue shirt with a panda on it, and a pair of knee length blue jeans.
╚═════════════════════╝

Emily blushed as he started to sort of yell at her. She hadn't meant too... She hadn't realized that she would grate that much on his nerves. He apologized which made her stop moving the toe of her shoe against the ground. "Sorry, I hadn't meant too. I was only going on what your brother had said. I wasn't assuming you were a jerk. Just because you are quiet doesn't mean that you are a jerk." She said crossing her arms.

"Of course we can try. But be warned, I tend not give up. And I also tend to be very forward. Or atleast that is what i'm told." She said trying to look and sound cool. But it sort of failed and she ended up scratching the back of her head. "Alright, so what do you like to do for fun?" She asked. That was always the first step right?

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:52 pm
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth

Is she so bored she is going to start bothering me of all people this early in the year?

David raised a brow at Sapphire's answer and shook his head chuckling when Sapphire said that she would never consider her cousin and that he happened to be the most fun of the Ravenclaws. "Possibly surpass? Please, I already have from my textbooks notes on most of the things that will be covered this year. And, I have a lot of Slytherin traits. I grew up with a family of Slytherins. I don't think I count all that much as a Ravenclaw at this point."

He raised a brow when Sapphire asked about his sister and pointed out her sister was talking to someone, he glanced over to see Cathy dragging Wendy into talking with another blonde girl. "Cathy converses with everyone. But, yeah, the blonde one is my sister. The red-haired first year is my second-cousin Wendy. From what I have seen of Wendy, she'll be keeping up the family tradition of going into Slytherin. But it was my sister who spent most of the summer at the main Avery manor so she would be a better judge on Wendy than I. Anyways, if Wendy is sorted into Slytherin she can be your problem then."

"As for needing company," David added, "That's why I usually have a book with me. And, I would feel sorry for Wendy with having my sister around but I don't. Her life would be easier if she made the realization my sister isn't a moron. She has way too much energy, is too bubbly, and way too forgiving to people-but she isn't stupid."

shabatha

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:53 pm
User Image

ﬡᕍ , ℱℱᓰﬡ

Celaena smiled until Cathy pointed towards the male her sister was talking too. "Oh? Then he's the guy talking t my older sister? That's cool... I think? Anyway, Nice to meet you Wendy. Slytherin is an interesting choice. My sister's in Slytherin." She said still smiling. But something seemed. Not exactly nice about the red head. But she could only mentally shrug it off. It wasn't like she was gonna die or anything just because of the feelings she got from someone.

"How was your summer? Sorry I didn't write or anything, got busy with my siblings. My elder sister and my younger brother continually got into arguments... And since He only likes me and my youngest sibling, I had to intervene..." She said with a sigh. So she wasn't exactly the most exciting person in the world...

User ImageUser Image

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:05 am
User Image
♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫ Ⓢʜɪʀ ɴ ɴᴡ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪♫

Where : <3 Platform <3
With : <3 Another student <3
Who : <3 David <3
Feeling//Ooc : <3 Pretty happy for once. <3
Wearing : <3 <3

"Actually, in response to the surpass, I'll have you know that I took advantage of staying at my Aunt and Uncle's house and looked over my older cousin's notes. I even copied most to look over and practice with." She said with a smirk. Of course she was going to put her best to it as well.

"Ah, so the blonde is your sister. The other blonde would be my sister. At least someone gets along with her." She said with a sigh. "No one bothers me. She wants to be like everyone else? what a bore. Sounds like a drone of sorts. Oh well. So I must say that she won't bother me. If she even gets near me." The blonde said yawning.

"Books are great. But sometimes it's better to get out. Sometimes people are just easy to judge. So maybe she likes being seen that way?" She asked curiously. It was intriguing to guess.

Fourth year // Single // Pureblood // Slytherin

mc2

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:10 am
CUIUVIS HOMINIS EST ERRARE, NULLIUS NISI INSIPIENTIS IN ERRORE PRESEVARE.Tout ce qui brille n'est pas or.一笑解千愁

Anyone can err, but only the fool persists in his faultAll that glitters is not gold.A smile can erase a million worries.
User Image
I was kept in a castle safe from the world of magic: ignorance is bliss, yes?
Please don't worry about me, though: I can make my own path in time.

I am a second year.
❤My blood type is B+, oh was that not your question?
I am a pureblood witch who was believed for ten years to be a Squib like my father.
My wand is... 8 ½ inches, acacia wood, with fairy hair core, springy, and spiraled.
❤My directions say I am... {Platform 9 3/4 and Wendy Chaisty/Celeana Snow}
My time on the clock is Start of the 2026 school year

❤ You want to know more about me? Wearing: OUTFIT ❤ (Oh and my big brother? He's a 4th year Ravenclaw.)

User Image

"I suppose," Cathy said half amused by Celeana's mention of her brother. It was half amusing that Celeana's sister happened to be on decent enough terms with her brother. Maybe they were friends or something? Hard to say, it wasn't like David talked much about who he socialized or didn't socialize with.

Wendy nodded and raised a brow half interested when Celeana said it was her older sister that was talking to David and she was in Slytherin. Maybe, Celaena was a fluke sorting or something-like Cathy was, since the rest of the family were Slytherins or in David's case Ravenclaw which wasn't terrible. Then again, Cathy was so irritatingly bubbly and came off so ditzy, Wendy had trouble seeing the blonde in any other house. "Hmm? It isn't all that interesting. It's typical enough. Honestly first a Ravenclaw and then a Hufflepuff was a bit more notable in our family."

Cathy glanced at her second cousin who fell silent soon after speaking, all the while holding her smile. When being asked about her summer by Celeana and heard her mention family arguments between siblings Cathy said brightly, "Well it is good to keep the peace. No reason to rock the boat, right? David spent most of the summer at home in London. Though, one of his friends and her two sisters came over while I was away. Then again my brother and I get along well. I wouldn't know much about sibling discord."

"As for not writing, don't worry, I was busy this summer too. I was catching up with my grandparents and was spending the summer with Wendy. And, then at the end of the summer I found out I'm getting a new sibling come January or February, which will be fun. I get to be a middle child! Oh, and I got a broom as an early birthday gift and a late welcome to Hogwarts gift from my grandfather. He got my brother an owl and didn't he do the same for you Wendy?"

Wendy nodded.

"Yep, besides I already have MeiMei so I can't really have another pet to bring to school with me. And a broom is way more useful," She added smiling.

shabatha

"The Epitome of a Well-bred Witch"

Wendy Madeline Chaisty
Unsorted Upcoming Hogwarts Student
Year at Hogwarts: First
DOB: January 14, 2015
Wand: Inflexible and Decorated Shaft//
xxxxxxHazel and Merpeople Scales
Wearing: Plain Uniform

Being a mere branch member is not enough...
I have plans for a better spot in the family tree.
I have already earned it: and I will continue to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at Platform 9 3/4 with Emily
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Thank Merlin I'm going to get a few months away from him. ❞

Sunny days seem to hurt the most; ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          I wear the pain like a heavy coat. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          I feel you everywhere I go. ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx

spaceElliott blanched when he realized that he'd... well, acted like a jerk. Which was probably not the best thing to do when you were trying to tell someone you weren't a jerk. His shoulders slumped. Yeah, if she wanted to walk off right now, he totally wouldn't blame her. "Right. Um... sorry I kinda... My brother, he just... has this incredibly irritating habit of putting me in a bad mood," he told her, shoving his hands in his pockets awkwardly. "I mean, he means well... or, I think he does, at least. But he tends to do everything in the most irritating fashion possible. I'm not sure why, but he seems to think it's funny." The first year huffed at that. He didn't know what it was with Kenneth, thinking it was fun to annoy the hell out of everyone, but it did seem to be his favorite thing to do. Him and his bloody girlfriend (because that's what she was, Kenneth just didn't know it) spent all their time trading insults until they were half-glaring at each other. Honestly, Elliott was just wondering how long it'd be before they were snogging on the couch. God, he was glad to be going to school and away from the pair of them; when it inevitably happened, he wouldn't have to watch.

spaceHe blinked a bit when she said they could try. Wait, really? He'd been pretty sure she was going to glare at him and take off, honestly. He hadn't exactly made a very good impression. But, if she tended not to give up, that would explain it. He offered her a half-smile. "That's probably a good thing... I think that I might require a bit of patience, after that," he said with a faint flush. He hated to ever admit that his dimwit of a brother was ever right, but he supposed Kenneth was this time. Not that he'd ever say it out loud, at least not while the guy was in earshot. "Uuuh, for fun I mostly... read. Uuuh... In the winter, I like making snowmen. No snowball fights, though. Kenneth likes doing that, he always beans me on the back of the head," Elliott told her, hand going to the back of his head and rubbing unconsciously. He really hated it when Kenneth did that. Especially since Kenneth didn't even like the wintertime; he preferred Summer, going to the beach and all that. Elliott hated doing that, it was hot and sticky and sand got everywhere... he much preferred the winter, definitely.

xxx❃ ❃ ❃ I see your smile, I see your face,
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I hear you laughin' in the rain;
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ I still can't believe you're gone.

"Kenneth's speech"

shabatha

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 am
User Image

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Oᴡɴᴇʀ ᴏғ Wʜɪᴢᴢ Hᴀʀᴅ Bᴏᴏᴋs || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Gearvin just watched as the family he'd arrived with had a heartfelt goodbye before he would leave with Nicole, Timothy seemed to be excited enough, and he gave the younger boy a smile and a nod, suddenly wishing he had been able to see his two sons off to the Hogwarts Express. Listening to Tanya, he had to blink as he hadn't thought it would be that big of a deal. Then again, his father was probably going to be hexed the moment the Slytherin laid eyes on him. What caught his eye (other than the child that tried to run him over) was the boy that approached the group and introduced himself. He had to hold his first reaction incheck when Tanya outright hugged Echo (what kind of a name was Echo, anyway?) and instead gave the both of them a disapproving glare.

Another girl, this one much quieter, walked up to the group and Gearvin had to strain almost to catch the words that came out of her mouth. He looked appraisingly at the girl, and vaguely wondered at what was going on with her. He had to tamp down hard on his usual nosiness before he could ask. Instead, he nodded at Tanya's friends and decided to introduce himself properly.
                                                "Gearvin Whitethorne, owner of Whizz Hard Books, and Tanya's mother's significant other. May I ask what kind of friendship you may have with Tanya, Mr. Lovette? You seem rather... friendly with each other. And Miss Vass, it is a pleasure to meet you." Gearvin gave Echo a look before addressing Elsbeth. He didn't much care for nicknames, to be honest. Even Christopher, who he knew went by a nickname most of the time, got the full name treatment from his father.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Haven't been here in a while...
                                                OOC:

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.
                                                Yukina101

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKItty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:29 am
User Image
David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Conditional Second Heir of the Avery Family/Clan
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 14
Year at Hogwarts: Fourth

Is she so bored she is going to start bothering me of all people this early in the year?

"Oh, so you stole the work of someone else to exploit? Classy. Not that my mother didn't pull similar stunts and she had decent enough grades in the end," David answered with a scoff. "As for me, why copy second hand information when you can just memorize the actual source-the textbooks-like I do? I take notes at this point out of habit, more than anything."

Shaking his head David said with a reply, "And, I doubt that being a drone or keeping the status quo is entirely the objective for Wendy. She's a branch family member. I think she's aiming for a better position in the family-tree. It would serve financial benefit at the very least. I can't really say she won't approach you but I would be less surprised if she did than if she didn't you. As for me I am irritated by almost everyone to the same level. Like I said I like to be consistent."

"And my sister, it probably is a lot less headaches for her to be seen that way," David said with a shrug. "It actually is a fairly smart tactic. Appear agreeable but only book smart at best and if you ever do something that someone else doesn't like you can blow it off as being naive."

shabatha

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:37 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Quiet at Platform 9 3/4 with Gypsy
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Tired
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ This is going to be a long train ride... ❞

Don't worry your head off; ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          There's always a fate worse than death ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Pray you go quietly, quick and not violently ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx

spaceEcho offered Miss Cherri a smile, but before he could say anything else, of course Tanya just had to climb on top of him. He grimaced a bit, thinking that of all things, he did not need her jumping on his back right now. Her mother's boyfriend was sort of intimidating, to be honest, and he highly doubted if her clinging to him was making a very good impression. "I fail to see how getting taller will make my shoulder less bony," he told her with a small, flustered sort of frown. The Ravenclaw was glad when Elsie joined them, if for no other reason than it distracted Tanya for a fraction of a second. He sighed lightly. He'd seen the look in Mr. Whitethorne's face when he'd said his name, and once again cursed the fact that his mum was so bloody weird and couldn't have given at least him a normal name. Maybe he should start going by his middle name, he thought, more than a bit frustrated. The older man's question did prompt him to arch his brow in confusion, because he didn't quite understand what he was asking. What kind of... oh! Echo blinked a bit. "She's been my best friend since we were ten," he said with a light shrug and a smile, hopefully getting rid of the notion that they were anything more than that. "But, if you'd like to tell her that it's not appropriate to greet people by climbing on top of them, I'd have no problem with that. I think she might have me confused with a tree, to be honest," he informed the older gentleman. He didn't know what it was with Tanya and clinging to his back like he was a monkey and she was his child, but it was certainly distracting, to say the least. He glanced at Elsie, noticing that Tanya hadn't been wrong about the blonde looking like a mermaid (or, what muggles thought mermaids looked like). She was tall, tanned with her hair bleached out from the sun, making her eyes look larger and more blue. "Hey, Elsie," he said with a small wave to her, a faint smile on his lips. "Did you and your sisters go to the beach or something?" he asked her, curious. He'd heard about their father, of course, but he had no idea what'd happened or how Elsie was taking it. Still, he doubted very much if she wanted to discuss it here, with all these people around. If it'd been him, he certainly wouldn't want to, after all.

xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ No need to worry; we all meet our end someday
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Pray you go silently into the bleak dead of night

User Image

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games