Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Hospital Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 82 83 84 85 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

[[Designation: Dr. James -- Laird]]

User Image

Truthfully it might have been a bit strange to meet with the head physician rather than simply meeting a new Oncologist, but Xeven was fully qualified to handle that as necessary. He would just need her previous records, and hopefully she brought any medicine she took so they could make sure to continue to prescribe the proper medicine. He only knew from what the secretary told him of the preliminary questions that this patient was in remission. Wasn't easy transferring, but Xeven was intent to make this as easy as possible for her.

He remained at his desk just doing his work until he heard a few raps on his door letting him know that someone was here. He didn't get much of a chance to "say" anything when the doors opened to reveal his patient who just came in. He looked towards her, but gave her a gentle smile as his folded into each other. He placed them on his wooden desk before gently pushing aside the work he was not going to be doing during the course of this meeting.

The large man stood up to continue his warm regards and motioned to a chair for her to sit in. He would wait for her to sit down before he did, and would then pull out a piece of paper which he placed down on the desk. It would say;

"I am Dr. James Laird, Head Physician here at Soleil Hospital. It is nice to have you here. I am obligated to let you know that due to my physiology I am incapable of physical speech. My method of communication requires me to project my voice in your head mentally, but I know this can be an uncomfortable prospect for many.

My aim is not to make you uncomfortable, but to make you sure feel as comfortable as possible here while at the hospital. I am fully capable of writing, sign language, and computerized voice to supplement this communication if you are uncomfortable.

If you are okay with my method of communication simply give me a signal and you should hear my voice shortly."

Xeven sat there patiently doing his best to give off a warm and inviting aura so that Rose felt at least a little comfortable. He knew it might take a bit of time, but the man took his job seriously and the comfort of his patients was important to him.

User Image

C.L: [Hospital] __ C.A: [N/A] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Physician Uniform]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:45 pm
User Image
Rose Holiday
User Image

xxxRose stepped into the office and closed the door behind her. Adjusting her glasses so she could see him, her petite form seemed to sink against the door momentarily before she took the seat offered to her. Plopping down into the leather chair, her hands slid over the arms of the furniture as she looked around the room. It was fairly generic, like most doctor offices. Taking a glance at his desk, she noted that there were no pictures of family or even friends. A loner. Or new, like her. In an effort to regain some composure, she began trying to analyze everything she saw in the room; including the doctor. He was tall! More than a fair bit taller than herself. She was barely reaching six feet and he looked well over that! Heterochromia. Genetic. The most unusual thing she had ever seen in her life were the glowing lines seeming to run along his body. How did one come by such markings? Was it even human? It had to be! She had never heard of anything inhuman actually inhabiting cities. Yes, she had read up on all sorts of different studies and theories about inhumans, but never thought it to be true. For someone with so much knowledge, and still learning, she didn't seem to have much of an open mind. Don't get it mixed up, she was accepting, just the idea seemed so far fetched!

There seemed to be a long silence, something that made Rose increasingly uncomfortable. This situation was already difficult for her and the silence just seemed to make it worse. Watching from behind her glasses as he seemed to start writing something down, her lips pursed in apprehension. Should she say something? Introduce herself? Looking around the office for anything to really occupy her mind so the quietness didn't choke her to death, she was brought back to the doctor when the sound of paper sliding along wood echoed around them. Curious, she leaned forward and took the paper. She was quick to read it and ran the paper through her fingers as she contemplated what was written. He was not only openly admitting to being something other than human, but he mentioned telepathy. It was also something she had read about. Would she be okay with that? This was supposed to be her doctor from now on and she knew they needed to know everything. Leukemia was no joke. Amber eyes looked back at him as she slapped the paper back onto his desk and dropped back into her seat. Her teeth skimmed over her bottom lip in thought before smacking her lips. "Yeah, fine. Okay," she agreed, not really having much of a choice. It's not like she had any character defining secrets anyways.xxx

utfit: Doctor Visit+Haironey: $1000 ╳ ompanion: Stranger
User Image
OOC:
asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:21 am
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

Xeven could tell she was observing and familiarizing herself with the office, seemingly looking for signs that defined what type of doctor she had. He found no problem with this, but the office was nearly a blank space that he had yet to even attempt to decorate. He admitted that it could be more homely, but at the moment he was still looking over decor and other such things that might make someone feel welcome.

He was fine with the analysis, he did the same thing most of the time so it was only fair. She wasn't coming to the conclusion that he was a threat, though it was clear she was growing increasing uncomfortable with the absence of noise. He was intent on making the introduction brief to find the most effective method of communication for her.

Language was not a barrier to Xeven, it was merely opening up talks but once done he could effectively communicate in whatever way she desired. He let her read it over and think it thought with no attempt to sway her opinion. She seemed bright, and didn't seem to be questioning his inhuman nature quite yet.

With permission Xeven raised two fingers and placed them against the side of his head, giving it two quick taps as a preliminary warning before she would start to hear his voice "Thank you Miss Holiday I will be communicating this way from now on. If at any moment you do not feel comfortable you need only let me know and I will switch to another form of communication." he gave her another kind smile to hopefully bring down any of the tension that arose from that quiet period. His voice was still rather deep, but wouldn't cause discomfort. Xeven knew his personage wasn't the most inviting on a glance so tried to minimize it.

He turned to his computer "Okay Miss Holiday. I understand you have recently transferred here from another town. Are you quite enjoying Soleil? Admittedly I'm a bit new myself, but so far its proven to be an impeccably wonderful city. " he attempted to make small talk, see if that might make her more comfortable as he pulled up what information they did have on her.

If she sighed the permissions before moving then they would likely have all of her items so today could just be dedicated to the tests, getting her used to the new place, and ensuring a proper relationship.

User Image

C.L: [Hospital] __ C.A: [N/A] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Physician Uniform]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 pm
User Image
Rose Holiday
User Image

xxxThis was beyond weird. Having someone rolling around in her mind was such a strange sensation. It was so foreign that she didn't even know how to describe it. Vastly different from the conscience that talked to everyone, the only thing she could think to compare it too was what Schizophrenics felt. Again, she had read up on the illness but never experienced it herself. Rose had a level head, always in control. The only illness she had to speak of was the very reason she was even here to begin with. At least this doctor was nice enough not to completely invade her mind and gave her the option to stop at any point she felt uncomfortable. Was it like that with all telepaths? This was her first real encounter with one, so she had no idea. As she was new to the whole experience, she couldn't stop herself from physically speaking to him in response. "So far? I've only been here and the grocery store so there's no way for me to really say," she replied matter-of-factly. She had stocked her kitchen and received her car earlier in the morning, so now she could say she was mostly settled. Once this was over, she could properly start exploring. Learning about everything this city had to offer. There was nothing for her to enjoy yet and so she couldn't really answer the questions right. Of course, her main focus was hoping to start a family of her own now that she had been a few years with good news. Rose wanted to make sure it happened before the bad came back. A new start seemed the best time to do that. Plus, she had heard of the mystery surrounding the city. The magical fruit that bonded soulmates, or whatever. It was a new subject to read up on!

Removing her bag from her shoulder, Rose rummaged through its contents before pulling out a manila folder. "Here," she said as she placed it on his desk. Inside was all the documents that were needed for her medical records and transfer to the new hospital. She didn't have a fax machine and the hard copies gave her something to do while she was on both the plane and ferry to get to Soleil. Yeah, she had plenty of books and puzzles to occupy herself as well, but getting things in order helped everything run a bit smoother. Although, she was still struggling with some of the bigger furniture in her house as she had no help in placing it and she could barely lift anything over thirty-five pounds. All the small things were placed, easy furniture as well, but it was the big stuff like her couch and bed that she was having a hard time with. She figured eventually she could find someone to help her, but she wasn't going to go out begging.xxx

User Image
OOC:
asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:29 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

Xeven nodded his head "Well hopefully your continued adventures here will make you happy." she said. He supposed that was reasonable if she was this new. The doctor gently took up the folder and opened it looking it over. He went over every detail memorizing it all personally. It was promising, little signs of trouble in her development so far though he would of course monitor it to make sure assuming she came in for her appointments. Xeven couldn't help but think this whole thing could be over and done with were he allowed to interfere in the planets development, but even outside command there was little he could do but offer his services on an even field.

The alien ran a hand along the glowing scar on his head "Alright well!" he organized the papers before rolling up the sleeves on his coat "I'll just get this information entered and we can begin." he ran a hand over the papers, letting his P.O.E.T do the work of quickly analyzing and organizing the papers before connecting to the less advanced computer in his office. It was lucky however that this made the entering of the patient into the system a much simpler process so they didn't have to spend time on that portion of this appointment.
Once it was complete and Rose was in he rolled the sleeves up "I know getting to know a new team will be difficult, but with you being in remission it should make your transition all the more easier. I intend to see to that." he did pull out a few forums and clip them to a board for her before placing it on the desk with a pen. It was simple stuff like new insurance and contact information, minute thing the hospital couldn't transfer over or give her. It was simply to note any changes her previous hospital didn't have for them.

He sat back "Its standard procedure to talk about your previous experience with treatment, and your medication. Once we've cleared that we'll conduct a few tests and in the meanwhile we'll get your medicine squared away." which he was actually taking care of now, talking to one of the nurses though she did not have to hear it. He was making sure she got an appropriate dose and that it was kept on file for future replenishment. It was a benefit of his telepathy, the ability to speak to anyone from a remote location without having to move.
He could do it with pretty much anything as well so patients were lacking in communication with the ancient doctor.

He leaned forward, hands folded into another "So if you would kindly tell me what your experience at your previous hospital was like? Your doctors manner, your experiences with chemo or alternative medicines, support system, anything you recall. Things might be done a bit different here, but this is designed to help me and the rest of the doctors at the hospital accommodate you to the fullest." he told her. Not every patient was the same, and it wasn't easy though with her state there wouldn't be much to worry about. They just had to make sure they were ready to handle it should her cancer ever flair up again, but right now it looked promising.

User Image

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:36 pm
User Image
Rose Holiday
User Image

xxxRose listened and watched. Whatever his...Whatever it was, was doing, it was doing it quickly. Casually she nodded along to his ramblings, only taking in the things she felt were necessary. Idle chatter wasn't exactly her strongest quality. Sometimes she would 'beat around the bush', but only when she thought the answers were obvious ones. She had to remember that not everyone's brain worked like hers. Even when she was younger, her brain worked just like everyone else and she had to train herself to fix the wiring; so to speak. Learning of her illness so young and at a crucial time in her development, Rose did the only thing she seemed to find comfort in. While she angrily locked herself away and screamed about the unfair hand she had been dealt, she picked up books, puzzles, tutorials, thesis papers, blogs; everything you could imagine! She chose to cut herself off from as much emotion as she could. Of course, it's not as easy as one might think. Getting older, she learned that it wasn't the worst thing in the world and learned to accept it. If you were to ask her family, they'd tell you that she was still just an emotional child just trying to mask her pain and loneliness. It wasn't as if she knew anyone that could relate. Almost all the people she had met through cancer support groups ended up dying.

"Right," she breathed as she was handed some more forms to fill out. Crossing one leg over the other, she set the clipboard on her lap and began filling out all that was needed. "My last doctor has been my doctor since I was first diagnosed. Chemo was...Annoying. It wasn't even the hair loss, it was the sitting in a chair for hours. During my teenage years, and a few of my adult years, I did take medical marijuana. And it helped, but not really my thing," she began, looking over each paper to make sure she had everything filled in. Rarely did she make eye contact with Dr. Laird. It wasn't out of disrespect or anything, she just had other things to focus on at the moment. Trying to remember everything she went through with doctors and medication was, tedious. Eighteen years of treatment, which far exceeded her expected life term; so it was a lot to go through. She fought tooth and nail to stay alive. A few times she would admit to giving up. Brought back from the brink. Overall though, she was a fighter. "Recently-" she paused as she leaned forward to hand everything back. "I've been on Cytarabine, Prednisone, Oxycodone and some basic vitamin supplements for a few years now, and they've been working." She shrugged nonchalantly. "I've done support groups, had family meetings. I was on antidepressants for a bit, but not anymore."xxx

User Image
OOC:
asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:31 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

Xeven made sure to give her his full attention taking note of everything mentally for later. Xeven was really just trying to get a feel for everything in her care. Once she leaned forward to give him the papers he took them gently and began to enter them, this time he didn't make use of the device on his arm and instead entered the details manually. His fingers glided over the keyboard extremely fast, entering details in a matter of seconds. He listened to her medicines, making notes of what to give her later.

Once that was done he looked back "Understood." he said and stood up " Three years of remission is a very good sign. " he remarked as he leaned back looking at her for a moment curiously before he asked. His understand was that the life-expectancy was generally five years though caught early enough and with improved technology it had certainly increased. He rubbed his chin again "Has your previous doctor suggested to you any extra surgeries?" he asked.

"And how have you been handling things since then? Emotionally. " he figured it was important that a patient, even if pulled off such things as antidepressants, handled things well. He wanted to make sure of that so was paying close attention to how she held herself at each question. He had been at this for a long time, and while Earth's form of illness wasn't his standard he did see all types of behaviors.

He did type up a little note and send it off so that she could get access to her medicine later. Once the questioning was over they could probably just get a look and she'd be free.

User Image

C.L: [Hospital (Office)] __ C.A: [Ros Holidaye] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Physician Uniform]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:57 am
User Image
Rose Holiday
User Image

xxxRolling her neck, hearing a small pop from her spine, she nodded silently as she looked back to him. That was a good sign and she knew it. She had known plenty of patients that hadn't lived as long as her, or been in remission nearly as long. How she was able to beat the odds, she didn't understand and it was probably the one thing that bugged her the most. She couldn't figure something out about herself! It was an annoyance that she constantly had to live with, despite trying to do her research. Everything she had read, so far, said she shouldn't even be alive right now. It wasn't guaranteed that she had even beaten cancer, just that they hadn't found any cancerous cells recently. Her brow furrowed a little as she began to think about the strange anomaly that she seemed to be, medically. The frustration was replaced with neutrality when asked about her surgeries. "Not recently. I believe my last one was four years ago," she replied, thinking back as hard as she could. She did have an excellent memory, but even she was limited in what she could remember from years ago. "As far as I've been told, there hasn't been any need since my remission."

Linking her fingers together in an uncomfortable fashion at his question of her mental health, she rubbed them back and forth. Mental health has always been a taboo subject in society, even in this day and age. She was apprehensive still to talk about such things. While it was normal to have depression while sick, so she had been told, she didn't want people to know that she was suffering. Well, suffering mentally. Everyone that knew her, knew she was already suffering physically and it seemed adding that on only made her more of a pity case. She hated pity! Therapy always made her angry, especially as a teenager, because it always felt like they were treating her like a broken doll in need of repair. Yes, she needed fixing, but to see the looks on their faces when they spoke to her? Rose hissed in anger. "I've been fine," she stated flatly. "How can I not be? I've been cancer free for a long time." She was supposed to feel happy, right? Right now, she wasn't sick with a body killing disease. She was free to be a normal person, for the most part. Before, it was hospital stays, medications, therapy, isolation. Now? She could really go out and experience the world! However, since shifting her life to a more logic based life, she didn't really understand the whole concept of 'human' emotions. She wasn't exempt from them, but it was harder for her to understand now. "I moved. Got a change of scenery. That's a good step, right?" she asked, finally pulling her hands apart and placing them on the arms of the chair.xxx

utfit: Doctor Visit+Haironey: $1000 ╳ ompanion: Dr. Laird
User Image
OOC:
asbloodrunscold

AnnoyedPanda

Adorable Lightbringer

asbloodrunscold

Extragalactic Elder

10,875 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:16 pm
User Image

>|>X.E.V.E.N<|<

User Image

He sat still "I'd also like to get a scan of you. This won't require the big heavy equipment or anything and won't take but a moment. Its just to make sure we have more recent scans for when you come in to meet with anyone should you feel the need to do so."

Xeven nodded his head and entered this information noting that her previous doctor did not feel it necessary, nor did Xeven but it didn't hurt to ask if it had been recommended. He turned to her as she hissed in anger though, an obvious sign before she went back to speaking flatly. This was what worried him the most, the rather robotic tone and behavior was not actually a good sign. Her physical health might have been, all things considered, good but it was clear mentally she was not as clear. Still as concerned as he might be it was best not to agitate her if he could.

Xeven nodded his head "Of course Miss Holiday. That means new air, new people, and new experiences to revel in hopefully unmarred by further sickness...so long as you are willing to embrace those new things honestly." he said. It was something he had experience with, and was the reason he had also come to Soleil..to seek fresh air and new experiences. When you'd been at war as long as he had, and seen what he saw the simple sights of Earth were a boon. This town was wonderful for it, but that might be harder for Miss Holiday.

"But one step at a time. You'll be fine and if you need help you can always call. " he nodded to her as he looked things over one more time. Transferring did make it pretty easy so a lot of the work was done. He looked to her "Anything you feel you need to ask me?" he asked her just in case anything came to mind.

User Image

C.L: [Hospital (Office)] __ C.A: [Rose Holiday] __ C.M: [977$] __M.S: [Single] __C.W.: [Physician Uniform]

AnnoyedPanda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 pm
x
x
x
x
ωєםиєsםαч, נυℓч ④тн

םαч ③ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ②⑥⑨
( ⑧ мσитнs, ②⑥ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:22 pm
yo punny nut

KALISTIA LE
"No matter what happens, I'll live happily until the end."

User Image

tab tab It had been raining these days, just like what the weather report had said. Kalistia took out her umbrella stored in her hair when the rain started pouring down. This item was something she found within the ground of her home. It was something she had bought for necessities, suggested by the person who helped her with the move to this city. The umbrella helped covered her most from the rain, although some of the water on the ground still splattered onto her dress when a car ran past. Hurrying her steps, she walked quickly to her destination. There should be shelter there.

tab tab The hospital stood tall in the distance. Before its entrance, many people huddled together to dry themselves against the rain and wait for the wet weather to end. She closed her transparent umbrella and hang it on its perspective rack before stepping inside the building. It was awfully packed inside, with multiple people lining up for their checkup. On the side, other people sat on the sofa, waiting for their number to be called. This called for a long day.

tab tab She quickly walked to the end of the line before anyone else could and followed the line as it became shorter. The speed was slow, but she was not busy today and hoped to receive help with her cold soon. It was nothing serious, but the coughing and runny nose were uncomfortable. On previous experience, having the illness treated quickly was better. The line of a light cold and a terrible fever was awfully thin sometimes. This is especially true in the weather when it rained so much then.

tab tab She had been plenty patient, waiting until she could see the smiling face of the receptionist. The young lady looked a tad bit tired with an unnatural smile, but her service remained top notch, in Kalistia's opinion. She returned a smile, about to voice her request but someone barged in front and cut the line. The force of the action made her lose her balance and fell to the floor, the bumping noise echoed in the room. A giant man took her place, not caring about what he did and started yelling his demands. The receptionist was polite about asking him to line up properly, but he was not listening.

tab tab This only served to anger the man more as he raised a hand and swung down, putting a big dent on the reception table. It was an obvious threat.

Money: $788.5
Mood: Tired
Clothing: Braided hair pulled up into two thick buns with half of the remaining braided length loose, light blue raincoat, white t-shirt dress, gray knee-length tights, sport shoes
OOC:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:44 am
User Image

❛There he laid looking at me in a way no one had ever looked at me.
My hands were shaking as I explained my knotted past. I will not always be easy to hold onto, for my heart is scattered with thorns.
Some nights I will be quiet and he won't know how to pull me out of my weeded mind. Some nights I will forget what he sees in my and lose my balance.
Some nights I will trip over my own feet and apologize for the mess I made.
On those nights the one thing that will drag me out of my own labyrinth is that look. No one has ever looked at me quite like that.❜

▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

I'm feeling timid and anxious. || I'm speaking to strangers. || I'm wearing quirky casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

“Do you ever hear voices or other sounds when no one is around to produce them? Do you ever see things other people cannot see?”

His eyes were downcast, locking onto the view of his fingers entwined with one another. It was silent, save the sound of their heartbeat, one clearly faster than the other, along with the sound of the doctor’s breathing. Gentle, and slow. The sound of the clock ticking amplified, each passing second like a hammer pounding against the side of his head. It was supposed to be quiet, but his mind was not. The young man was programmed to take in every single little visible detail of his surroundings. Like the way she had one hundred and seventy five lashes on her top eyelid, and eighty six on her bottom. The way her eyes would narrow whenever his words sounded a tad unbelievable, he assumed it perhaps wasn’t something she noticed on her end, but a subconscious reflex judging by the number of occurances. And also how exactly thirty five minutes and fourteen minutes have passed since he stepped into this room. She was patient, allowing him the time he needed to speak instead of urging an answer from him. The air was cold, like small pin pricks of needles pressing against the his pale skin. He nodded, finally giving her an answer.

“Could this voice be coming from you, like your own thoughts or conscience?”

It came from his mind, but could it even be considered thoughts of his own? Hope lifted his head, baby blues bloodshot and exhausted as they met a pair of hazel brown. He wasn’t crazy, but each time he returned for another session, he was met with the same question, the same tone of voice. It made him wonder if he was living in a time loop. It was slowly driving him crazy. ”I don’t know-” he paused, ”I see fragments of memories.. I hear whispers from ghost images, foggy and blurred I see you sitting at your desk, I see you sitting on the opposite side of the couch with the snoopy patterned cup in your right hand. I see myself walking towards your desk, I see myself reaching for the tissues you give me when my eyes were watering. I see you nodding your head when you listen to me. There’s a faint whisper of your voice--”

“Mm. I see, I see.”
”Mm. I see, I see..”

And as though hearing his words, his whispers ceased, and they all turned their heads towards him. He couldn’t see their expressions, but they were smiling, their gaze was piercing. This one was a hallucination, a false reality, but it was enough to make his hair stand on end while he allowed his gaze to drop to the red carpeted floor. They’re looking at me.

When he came to, when the gears of his mind had begun to grind once more, baby blues were looking at his pale hand that now settled upon the silver knob to to the doctor’s office that was exactly twenty five degree celcius, where his other held a prescription for sleeping pills. His lips parted, heaving a quiet and exhausted breath before his legs led him over towards the counter to collect his medication, though before he was halfway there, a loud thud could be heard as someone collasped to the ground, followed by a few audible gasp. Darkened hues of blue instantly flickered, flashing a striking crimson when a loud thud invaded his ears and caused him to wince. On the ground was a young woman, pale features with a slight reddened nose from what he assumed was a cold. The man was big, much larger than Hope’s slender frame, or anyone around for that matter, perhaps even a head taller than he. His footsteps quickened, stopping short by the young woman’s side as slender fingers attempted to pull her up on her two feet. ”Are you hurt?” his voice was softspoken, lacking the baritone that men usually had. The young blonde would attempt guide the fallen woman away, until the sudden raise of the assailant’s voice startled him, causing his fingers to tighten in its grip.

Should he not be so timid, Hope would have stood up for the people around him, but the man was built, standing as tall as six foot three with a strength large enough to leave a dent. Everyone around them were quiet, with breaths hitched, and the tension rose. The receptionist was uncomfortable, yet she was unwilling to back down, clashing head to head with the man who towered before her. If he wasn’t so timid, if he could just--

”Please stop-” and all eyes were on him: a young man who stood only six foot tall, with pale, feminine, freckled features, dusting his cheeks like brown fallen leaves in mid autumn. For a split second, he nearly looked like a woman. He was much smaller, like a mouse challenging a bull to a duel. It was a one sided victory, or so everyone had thought. He was small, but Hope was built by a mad scientist with the intention of recreating his dead grandson, as well as creating the perfect caretaker. Durable, and strong, despite looking otherwise. He shifted himself between, the woman and the assailant, and despite his quivering fingers, his arm was spread backwards, shielding her from harm. But should he decide to strike the young blonde, both hands would come up to grab his swung fist in a painful grasp, with a grip force that seemed nearly impossible for a person to possess.

”P-Please line up.” he attempted to reason once more, though his voice had quieted in comparison to his prior exclamation.

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

Wind Hime Princess

PUMMMY

Trash

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:51 pm
yo punny nut

KALISTIA LE

User Image

Everything happened so suddenly that Kalistia did not react in time. Before she knew what had happened, she was sitting on the floor, her behind hurting from the fall. The voice that asked about her well-being snapped her out of her stun and she looked into a pair of beautiful blue. Not blue like the color that she loved and more like the sky. "I'm alright. Thank you." She offered him a smile as to prove her sentence. That smile shifted for a moment when she felt a force on her arm. The force was not tight, but she still felt the finger digging in her skin briefly. The kind stranger did not look fine. He was uncomfortable and hesitant as everyone else in the room.

So when he took a step forward to say his piece, she could not help but took another look at him. His voice was soft, lacking the commanding tone or the confidence it should be, but she felt that voice held a strength of its own. Obviously, not everyone shared her thoughts. The big giant man just laughed at that and held his fists towards the smaller young man. She panicked at that moment. For someone to have the courage to stand up to other people was great, but she was unsure whether the blonde stranger had the ability to defend himself from the big man.

The thought of her helping crossed her mind, but she hesitated. She had not used her ability these days coming to this city, so what if it caught attention and brought trouble? Despite the flurry of thoughts in her mind, her hand had already pulled the braided buns apart, turning it back to braided pigtails. The long hair length dropped to the floor, pooling around her feet. One of her hand held a pigtail, ready to whip it into someone's face or leg. It would not hurt anyone badly and served as a good distraction.

It appeared that her help was not necessary, as the blue-eyed man could hold himself fine. His strength was amazing and it showed clearly in front of her eyes. However, she should do something and not stand there gaping like a fool. Right, calling the guards should be the correct one!

Just as she finished the thought, the guard actually came in and turned to leave after a quick glance at the sight. "W-Wait, sirs! Shouldn't you deal with this situation?!" They gave her a look, a short glance at the situation behind and patted her shoulder in pity. "Look, kid. We got out job to do. We can't touch that guy, so let him do what he wants." What kind of reason was that?!!

Two men replaced the guards' place when they disappeared amongs the door. She then noticed that the room was thinning, the supposed patients disappeared in the chaos, leaving few people who cowered in their seat at the fight. She moved further from the door and towards the fight when the two newcomers started leering at her. It was strange to move to that area, but she felt assured to go there. She wanted to help.

Mood: Flustered
Clothing: Braided pigtails, light blue raincoat, white t-shirt dress, knee-lenght socks, sport shoes
OOC:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:06 am
User Image

❛There he laid looking at me in a way no one had ever looked at me.
My hands were shaking as I explained my knotted past. I will not always be easy to hold onto, for my heart is scattered with thorns.
Some nights I will be quiet and he won't know how to pull me out of my weeded mind. Some nights I will forget what he sees in my and lose my balance.
Some nights I will trip over my own feet and apologize for the mess I made.
On those nights the one thing that will drag me out of my own labyrinth is that look. No one has ever looked at me quite like that.❜

I'm feeling timid and anxious. || I'm speaking to strangers. || I'm wearing quirky casual || I have $200 on me and $800 stashed in the bank. || I have feelings for no one.

A fool, he was, the assailant addressed while he gently knocked his fist against the younger male’s jaw in mockery. Baby blues were now flashing red, sometimes darkening into a shade of scarlet, other times flickering a striking shade of crimson. His features paled as the tension rose, knowing he, himself was treading upon thin ice. Should he make a false move, he would find himself submerged into deep running water, so mercilessly washed away by the troubles he ought to face. Even Hope himself was unaware that he had either so foolishly, or courageously exclaimed. There were people around him, yet it was irony that none were there to help. Some whispered to another, terrified of what would come next, others quickly collected their belongings and left, opting to return later when the situation was less hectic, or reschedule their appointment to another date.

"W-Wait, sirs! Shouldn't you deal with this situation?!" sensitive ears picked up on her panicked voice, assuming she had left to request help from nearby security. However, all desperate effort seemed to be in vain as the security mocked her attempt to seize the larger than average assailant. Should Hope be a mere bystander, he’d have thought she was crazy for even trying to intervene, despite being one of the victims. But alas, he felt the unfairness, one he had familiarized himself with for the past twenty five years he was alive. The same mockery, the bullying, of how the other party felt superior enough to trample upon those they thought were easy targets. He was a victim himself, with the constant resurface of the memory where his face was forcefully submerged into the school’s toilet, where blonde locks were damp from what was not only toilet water, but also urine and spit. Yet not once has he felt, nor had the courage to stand up for himself. He was a stepping stone, and it seems that was all he’d ever be.

Quickened footsteps drew closer, eventually pulling him out of his miserable self-pity he had drowned himself in for a full decade. There was a foreign scent, yet similar to the one before him. It smelled of cigarettes, of tobacco and smoke, along with the faint scent of rusted steel. A fist was swung, and with a surprised yelp, the young blonde brought his arms up to shield his face. But instead of a painful cry, what came instead was a loud ‘thunk’ of seemingly something solid colliding against a metal surface, followed by the crisp sound of fractured bones, like the shattering of a cracker. The assailant held his hand, furious yet unable to utter a single complaint while his injured hand trembled within the other. There was a scent of rusted metal, faint enough to go unnoticed by all, except for he. It was blood, perhaps broken blood vessels, perhaps the slight scrape of the skin on his knuckles. It was painful enough to stop him for the time being, given how his face had reddened noticeably. Perhaps from the pain. Perhaps from embarrassment. Perhaps even a little of both. Meanwhile, instead of an injury, Hope sustained instead, a bruise that was quick to darken around his forearm that took the heavy impact. His eyes watered at the pain that sprouted through every inch of his skin, leaving trails of burning sensation in their wake.

”Please, just stop--” he attempted to reason once more, this time, turning to the two who stood behind him. Pale hands reached towards the young woman, who’s braided buns now loosened and pooled around her feet like like the gentle flow of a waterfall, as he drew her closer to his side. He was equally as afraid as anyone who still lingered, but there was something that kept his feet glued to the ground, something that caused the whispers of his mind to amplify into aggressive outbursts. Everything around him was loud, ghostly images of strangers walking, only to stop and stare, their blurred gazes burning holes into his pale body. He was absolutely terrified, and he wanted to run. But he couldn’t. He shouldn’t.

”D-Don’t touch her-” he warned, and though he was still timid, his tone was much more firm than the last. But his warning was only met yet again with mockery, and laughter when a hand came to forcefully hold him up in a choke, only to struggle in attempt to lift the young blonde up. But the force of his hands were nearly enough to knock him out cold when it rammed against his throat. Hope stumbled and coughed, noticing the way the man before him opted to strangle him instead, yet despite so he had attempted to keep the woman behind him, using himself as a barrier between both two men, and herself. His features paled, having oxygen forcefully squeezed from his lungs. ”Stop--” he mumbled incoherently. The skin of his neck burned, turning red at the way his finges twisted against the half-ling’s pale skin. Why was it that no one bothered listening to him? He never quite understood just what on earth he had done, to have went through the bullying when he was only a mere child, escalating even further when he entered both middle school and high school. Hope had wronged no one, nor harmed an innocent soul, yet he was always the target of bullying. Always the one others chose to blame, and he was bitter.

”I’m-- I’m sorry--!!” with a forceful shove of his hand against the man’s jaw, and should others not be there to witness it, it was unbelievable that a man who weighed nearly one hundred and ninety pounds could be sent flying halfway across the room, crashing into the vending machines settled against the concrete wall, with -possibly- a dislocated jaw.

”D-Don’t either of you even think of touching her--! I--I’ll hit you- I will--!”

Out.Of.Crocodiles:

Wind Hime Princess

PUMMMY

Trash

Wind Hime Princess

Devoted Dabbler

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:43 pm
yo punny nut

KALISTIA LE

User Image

Even though she thought to offer help to the blue-eyed stranger, the movements in the fight was awfully too quick for her to intervene. She was not a fighter herself, but she did know where to hit in order to knock people unconscious. A metallic scent wafted the air and she stared in horror of the redness on the big man's hand. Yes, not the smaller person, who retained his stance with only a bruise on his arm. The sound when that happened was rather strange. The sound of fractured bones was evident, but the following sounds were something of metal, something's not right, but she did not have the chance to think about it.

She saw him come closer, pulling her closer. It gave her a sense of relief, like someone would be there to ensure that everything would be fine. Yet, there was that raging feeling of fear coming from her. Perhaps it was from the expression of the person next to her. He looked so assured of himself, standing so strong, but she still felt that extreme fear radiating of him. She wanted to offer comfort, maybe a hug, comforting words, anything to help calm him down, but now was not the time.

Things still happened too fast. Just in a brief second, her protector was now hanging on a hand, his neck squeezed in a painful grip. Her two pigtails rose on their own, ready to attack and loosen that grip, but there were other men to worry about. She had a bad feeling about their appearance and the current situation proved it. It appeared that they did not have the intention to hit her, maybe thought she would an easy target. Subtly moving her hair so that no one realized the oddities, she moved for a surprise attack on the two men. Braids moved on their own, heading a straight line to their faces. If it hit, they should be in a world of pain. This would create a good distraction for her to turn to the other fight. She hoped that the kind stranger would hold up long enough.

As those two was experienced in the fight, her surprise attack failed. The good thing was that one was holding his face and one held his stomach. The bad thing was that they were angrier than ever. A bad idea to do that, she concluded, but she did not regret her actions. Maybe it would be harder to handle the two men now that they knew about her hair, but they certainly had not experienced fighting with someone like her. Nonetheless, she did not want to fight. She just wanted to knock them out.

Suddenly, there was a sound of cutting wind, followed by the loud sound of something hitting metal. A man lied on the morphed vending machine, the nearby wall bending with the force it was hit. While she did not try to see all the meat and blood, she could guess the wounds were heavy, with the lightest maybe a broken bone or so. With the stun from the condition of their leaders, the two other men were easy to knock unconscious, with one hair to the stomach and one to his neck. To be honest, she did not know any martial arts. This hitting spot was from her experience in the forest. She thought that if it worked on animals, it should also work on people. There should a bit of pride that she was able to do so, but each hit left her breathing heavy. Now that the danger was gone, she then felt the sting on her arm, perhaps when she was trying to dodge those punch from the two men. One hit actually connected with her shoulder, barely blocked by her remaining hair.

She took in a deep breath, taking the oxygen she was lacking after the fight. Her body ached all over, but she was alright. The rest gave her the chance to think it over, questioning why her simple trip to the hospital suddenly turned dangerous. Brief images of receptionist flashed through her eye, vaguely remembering her stuffing something into her hand. A piece of paper, wrinkled by the force of her hold, lied in the palm of her right hand. It wrote about a secret path to the safe spot to exit the hospital. Just as she finished looking over the paper, sirens blared outside the building. Someone may have called the police for help.

She knew that they did not do anything wrong, but the situation they had on their hands may not prevent trouble. Hurriedly going to the blue-eyed man, after a brief hesitation, she put a hand on his shoulder, careful not to alert him too much. He did not look fine and on the edge. "Excuse me. We...need to go soon." If he wanted to stay, she would not force him. Nonetheless, she wanted to give him his options right now. He was her savior, after all. "The police is coming. Even though we're not in the wrong, but our situation does not look good either."

"Um, I got this paper." She emphasized it by raising the paper in front of his eyes. "It showed the hidden path to leave the hospital. I'm not sure if it's trust-able, but it's one of the options, other than one to stay for the officers to come in."

Mood: Tired
Clothing: Braided pigtails, light blue rain coat, white t-shirt dress, gray knee-length tights, sport shoes
OOC:

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 82 83 84 85 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games