Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:33 pm
Neko- I didn't think the first episode of Sukisyo was confusing. Then again I love mind bending, confusing as hell stories. The series doesn't really do much for a while, but then when the story line kicks in- it gets really good.

Anyways I won $100 at a local art contest today. I might really spend it on art supplies like it was meant it, instead of wasting it on mangas and anime. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:49 pm
Well, I have some good news. I'm going to get something published in a collection! whee It's nothing that major, but I am glad that it's going in there.
I'm also entering a trivia contest for the English department at my college and there's cash prizes. I entered last year and got second place. I'm hoping to do better this year.
Wish me luck!  

Tobias Mule

neochichiri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:43 pm
Hey all.

My brother and I finally saw Mew Mew Power...his reaction was "By all that is holy make it stop! I roll to disbelieve! I roll to disbelieve!" Sadly...he failed. My response was "I don't think anything even the least bit holy has ANYTHING to do with this monstrosity" I do believe this ranks as the single worst dub I have EVER seen.

The episode I saw was the one where they meet Pudding. I've seen that episode quite a few times, so I know it pretty well...including the dialogue. The translations were horrible, not to mention the fact that they inserted dialogue that people will see was blatantly wrong by the end of the series. (They had Pudding living in an orphanage...there's a whole episode that centers around her and her family. heh) EVERYONE's voices absolutely SUCK. They fscked up the musical score. Ichigo's transformation sequence music...well...a nice way of putting it would be to say that sucking would be a drastic understatement. They changed all of the weapon/attack names since the butchered the character names. They changed Ichigo's hair colour...it's now brown unless she has transformed. They eliminated the end theme and spliced up and butchered the opening. There is I think 1 instrumental piece left from the original score.

I really want those 20+ minutes of my life back again. crying I'll be honest. I really did go in with an opening. I thought, maybe it's not going to be as bad as I was afraid it was going to be. I even stayed through the whole episode trying to tell myself "it will get better" and "you only think it's bad because you're a fan of the real series." By the end of it, I realized that no matter HOW you look at it, this dub is absolute total and complete crap.

I can only hope that they will do like they did with Yu-Gi-Oh and release an uncut version. *hopeful*

Masq: If your video has blocks and becomes pixelated at random, chances are good the download wasn't complete. It's either that or it was corrupted during download. There are some video fixers out there, just can't think of any off the top of my head. Also...congrats on the contest. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 am
Oh...and in conjunction with Delaware Anime Society, I will be hosting a weekly shoutcast stream. So far it's only Friday from 8pm to 10pm eastern time, but once I have my host for my stream set up and running, it will be longer and/or more often. I'll be playing mostly game, anime, and asian music. (But most likely it will not be exclusively those, though I have enough of those styles to host a regular show. heh) In addition I will be doing news, reviews, and japanese lessons. (Basically a japanese word-a-day thing)

If you're interested in listening, send an AIM to DeAnime Radio (if that is away, then the stream is down, when it's up I'll respond with the address), send me a PM or check out my livejournal as I will be posting a link it there once my hosting is set up.

Amusing bit about my stream host...the company is based out of the UK, but their datacenter is in Texas. heh

Oh...and I finally have my usual name for my AIM name, so you can always send me an AIM too.

Also..congrats to Mika for getting published. smile  

neochichiri

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:54 pm
Yea, one Saturday morning I was ACTUALLY up, and I wanted to see how horrible it was.... god damn, that was bad. I think it was dubbed worse than Sailor Moon. I think sailor moon was tolerable the 1st 2 seasons.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:36 pm
Neo- Thanks. I might have to look into that. I might try redownloading those episodes. And are they simply called video fixers? o.O; Oh and you're computer smart yes? I'm looking into get a lap top for my graduation present- got any recommendations?

Mika- Congrats

I haven't seen the dubbed of Tokyo Mew Mew, but I really don't want to and I'll just take everyone's word for it that it's horrible. Oh and I finally got a new keyboard. I haven't quite gotten used to it. sweatdrop Oh and I picked up three new mangas today while I was at my band contest- Bleach 6, Rahxephon 3, and Fushigi Yugi 14 . . . and I really don't like the plot line to FY right now . . . it might get better . . . who knows.  

Masquanade
Crew

Darknesses Fire

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:30 pm
rave master rocks  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:10 pm
Masq: Yes...you can go to Doom9.org, scroll down until you see the AviEditors. Get DivFix and AviDeFreeze (if you have problems with the frames freezing at least). That should take care of it. smile

As far as laptops go, don't get a Dell. I have an old Compaq, it's not too bad, just slow. Alienwares are nice, just generally overpriced. I honestly prefer the business class Compaq machines, but there's an HP laptop and a Toshiba laptop that I like because they have full sized keyboards and REALLY big screens. heh  

neochichiri

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:41 am
My baby(aka my computer) is a dell... I had a Dell before this one, and it wasnt too bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:51 am
hello everyone.  

Cooking Sherry

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:01 pm
neochichiri
Masq: Yes...you can go to Doom9.org, scroll down until you see the AviEditors. Get DivFix and AviDeFreeze (if you have problems with the frames freezing at least). That should take care of it. smile

As far as laptops go, don't get a Dell. I have an old Compaq, it's not too bad, just slow. Alienwares are nice, just generally overpriced. I honestly prefer the business class Compaq machines, but there's an HP laptop and a Toshiba laptop that I like because they have full sized keyboards and REALLY big screens. heh

Yeah we went looking at computers today. THe two I liked were a Toshiba and a HP (I think it was a HP- if now it was a Compaq). The problem is my dad is also getting one, but he wants a cheap one, so it so no fun looking for mine while he was looking for his. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:02 pm
Fenris___Fenrir
hello everyone.

hello  

Masquanade
Crew

Cooking Sherry

Aged Ladykiller

15,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Married 100
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:29 pm
it's my B-Day today ^.^ im 14 PHWEEEE!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:32 pm
Thanks everyone for the congrats. sweatdrop It's nothing major but I am proud of myself. Maybe I might be able to sell something some day. *gets starry-eyed*
Anyway, a lot of work is getting done on it, so it'll be in print fairly soon I think. *shrugs*
I'm definitely going to have to grab a few copies for people. 3nodding
My laptop is a Compaq, my dad refused to get me a Dell. Which was fine by me. I like mine, I'm use to it.  

Tobias Mule

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:23 pm
Neo- I tried that DivFix, and it didn't get rid of the boxes . . . I might try redownloading it. Though both episodes I've gotten from this group have had boxes in them . . .

I picked up Lagoon Engine today. I wanted to read it as I follow Lagoon Engine Einstat (or however it's spelled) in the Newtype Magazine andthey say the two series cross over- so since I liked LEE, I decided to finally pick it up. But all is good as I love all of Yukiru Sugishari's work. If there is a bad story- the art makes up for it. xp sweatdrop whee  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games