Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:21 pm
shoki_de_nai
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
Fog, trying to take more of a class you suck at most likely will not help you. I stopped understanding math after addition and subtraction. I don't know my multiplication tables, I can't long divide. I'm calculator dependent. Yet, I've taken many, many math classes between elementary school and now, and I still struggle with it. I still pass though...sometimes just barely, but a passing grade is all that matters.
Furthermore, giving up on something you like just because it doesn't seem as financially rewarding is really stupid. You'd rather struggle in a career you don't fully understand, and be miserable 'cause you don't even enjoy it instead of doing something you like? Okay, have fun with that.

Also, you may want to refrain from saying things like "The only things I'm good at are the things of no importance; arts, photography, flashy vain stuff which any halfway intelligent monkey can do" since you just implied that the artists here could be replaced with monkeys. stare Not to mention that photography is more an art form than you give credit. It takes a lot to get great shot; angle, lighting, the subject pose, etc.

Any idiot can do art. I'm sorry to say it, but it's true.
Step 1: create 'art' (This in itself is not all that difficult. You could glue two popsicle sticks together and call it art)
Step 2: attach a mystifying title and a explanation of the piece which nobody understands.
Step 3: have critics go at it.

And voila, you have art. I don't mean to insult you, but art is pretty much anything that the eye can perceive which is aesthetically pleasing. My desk lamp could be art. This wad of tissue could be art. Thus, my statement about monkey's being on the same level as the artists in this guild is not without merit.

Yes, anyone can make art. That's part of what makes it so interesting, because there's so many ideas and views that can be found in art. There's a lot that actually goes into art. Maybe these "explanations no nobody understands" just go over your head, because lots of people can appreciate the meanings behind art. Artists usually have a purpose, put some form of effort into what they did. There's artists who's work I actually don't find "aesthetically pleasing" yet I can appreciate the message they're trying to send.
Though, for someone with such a negative view on what makes art, you sure ask for a lot of commissions. You lack respect for artists Fog, you really do. I ended up blocking you because half of the IMs you sent were gibberish garbage for no reason, and the other half was "Hey, you should draw [insert some idea]" in attempts to get free art and the ideas were often repeated even after I said no. You also complain when an artist actually wants money for payment in return for their services. So, I guess that's because art is so easy and anyone could do it so no one deserves real money for it?

Wise not to insult those who make products you 'consume.'

I love art of me, of my ideas, simply because I'm not talented enough to do them myself. Call it ego-stroking if you wish, I don't care. When an artist does art for me of something I've thought up, I feel happy.

I only complain about artists wanting money because I have none to spare for art. I want art, I have no money for art, and this annoys me.

I must ask you, does it really matter if I seem insolent and insulting, seeing as how your clear dislike of me will probably prevent you from ever doing art for me again? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 pm
I guess a good question to ask is, what is the measure of art? Is it how much it sells? No, not even close. The true measure of art is how many it has touched.

The purpose of art is to stir meaningful emotion and thought. If you can accomplish that, than you are a great artist.

Selene Aries

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:32 pm
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
Fog, trying to take more of a class you suck at most likely will not help you. I stopped understanding math after addition and subtraction. I don't know my multiplication tables, I can't long divide. I'm calculator dependent. Yet, I've taken many, many math classes between elementary school and now, and I still struggle with it. I still pass though...sometimes just barely, but a passing grade is all that matters.
Furthermore, giving up on something you like just because it doesn't seem as financially rewarding is really stupid. You'd rather struggle in a career you don't fully understand, and be miserable 'cause you don't even enjoy it instead of doing something you like? Okay, have fun with that.

Also, you may want to refrain from saying things like "The only things I'm good at are the things of no importance; arts, photography, flashy vain stuff which any halfway intelligent monkey can do" since you just implied that the artists here could be replaced with monkeys. stare Not to mention that photography is more an art form than you give credit. It takes a lot to get great shot; angle, lighting, the subject pose, etc.

Step 1: create 'art' (This in itself is not all that difficult. You could glue two popsicle sticks together and call it art)
Step 2: attach a mystifying title and a explanation of the piece which nobody understands.

And voila, you have art. I don't mean to insult you, but art is pretty much anything that the eye can perceive which is aesthetically pleasing. My desk lamp could be art. This wad of tissue could be art. Thus, my statement about monkey's being on the same level as the artists in this guild is not without merit.

Yes, anyone can make art. That's part of what makes it so interesting, because there's so many ideas and views that can be found in art. There's a lot that actually goes into art. Maybe these "explanations no nobody understands" just go over your head, because lots of people can appreciate the meanings behind art. Artists usually have a purpose, put some form of effort into what they did. There's artists who's work I actually don't find "aesthetically pleasing" yet I can appreciate the message they're trying to send.
Though, for someone with such a negative view on what makes art, you sure ask for a lot of commissions. You lack respect for artists Fog, you really do. I ended up blocking you because half of the IMs you sent were gibberish garbage for no reason, and the other half was "Hey, you should draw [insert some idea]" in attempts to get free art and the ideas were often repeated even after I said no. You also complain when an artist actually wants money for payment in return for their services. So, I guess that's because art is so easy and anyone could do it so no one deserves real money for it?

I love art of me, of my ideas, simply because I'm not talented enough to do them myself. Call it ego-stroking if you wish, I don't care. When an artist does art for me of something I've thought up, I feel happy.

I only complain about artists wanting money because I have none to spare for art. I want art, I have no money for art, and this annoys me.

I must ask you, does it really matter if I seem insolent and insulting, seeing as how your clear dislike of me will probably prevent you from ever doing art for me again? neutral

I'm just saying that you're belittling artists, while at the same time asking them for art. Taking what you've said previously, one could assume that since you've admitted to not having the talent to do something anyone can do, that you're less than a half wit monkey? See how insulting that is?
Furthermore, I would do art for you if you'd actually pay me, as I'm desperate for money right now. However, the only times you've even considered doing so either never went anywhere or you insisted upon mailing your "loose change" since you distrust Paypal. The reason I dislike you in the first place is because of your disrespect. I also dislike being told I should draw something when I'm not looking for ideas, and am not being offered anything in exchange. Great idea or not, it's not like I have all the free time in the world to do everyones suggestions for nothing in return. You also don't seem to grasp that "no means no" as you'd come at me with the same ideas repeatedly.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:41 pm
shoki_de_nai
FogSage
shoki_de_nai
FogSage
shoki_de_nai

I'm just saying that you're belittling artists, while at the same time asking them for art. Taking what you've said previously, one could assume that since you've admitted to not having the talent to do something anyone can do, that you're less than a half wit monkey? See how insulting that is?
Furthermore, I would do art for you if you'd actually pay me, as I'm desperate for money right now. However, the only times you've even considered doing so either never went anywhere or you insisted upon mailing your "loose change" since you distrust Paypal. The reason I dislike you in the first place is because of your disrespect. I also dislike being told I should draw something when I'm not looking for ideas, and am not being offered anything in exchange. Great idea or not, it's not like I have all the free time in the world to do everyones suggestions for nothing in return. You also don't seem to grasp that "no means no" as you'd come at me with the same ideas repeatedly.

-Insulting, but like as not true. I have no practical talent at the physical parts of art. All I am is a two-bit critic with a smattering of historical art knowledge thrown in for good measure.

-If you're busy with other things, then by all means tell me to bugger off if I'm in your hair. If you did say so beforehand, I more than likely forgot or was typing with half an ear, as it were. As far as my gibberish, it's well meant random nonsense for the simple sake of saying it.  

FogSage

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:28 am
Eeek. Play nice kiddos. sweatdrop

Just wanted to rant here about how damn stressful an apprenticeship is for a COLLEGE literary magazine.

I feel like I'm on the show "Apprentice" only there is room for two managing editors instead of one. However, out of the five of us remaining, I am the only secondary education/concentration in English major. The rest are all Professional Writing. This makes me feel insufficient because they have so much more personal training within their specific classes for this kind of thing. This puts me at a slight disadvantage. The only thing helping me really is that the current editor likes my writing and I have experience in managing a magazine in my high school.

Still, with everything else going on for my major, I really am beginning to wonder if I really have what it takes. It IS something I really want, and that would look AMAZING on a resume but I'm not sure I'll get the chance to prove myself.

Oy. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 am
Well I missed out on the majority of this little discussion. I have one thing to say to you, Fog. You want free art? Learn some goddamn respect. There are plenty of amazing artists who will do free art or gift art for people who they know who respect them and who they respect, most of the people getting the art aren't even artists themselves. I've given free art to people before because the people I've done it for have always respected me and been there for me, have supported my art when I felt down about it. They kept me going, and it has gotten me pretty far. In the past year, on FA, I went from a little under 100 watchers to over 400 watchers because I kept trying, I kept goin forward because of the people who respected me and appreciate the talent I have. 400 watchers on a site that isn't nearly as active as, say, DA is alot. It's kept me going, it's kept me trying, as much as I've struggled and as much as I've kept moving forward, I think I deserve the respect I get.

You can't get anything if all you do is harbor disrespect and cynicism. All you do is look at everything as half empty. You'd rather wallow in your sorrow then stand proud and keep fighting. You'd rather lie down and get kicked, then fight back. You'd rather be the coward than the warrior. Your problem is that you view everything in negativity rather than take it as it is and try to make it better.  

Leyla Giselle

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:39 am
Alright guys let's mellow out here, shall we? Opinions have been said, let's leave it at that. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:42 am
Angelic Muse
Alright guys let's mellow out here, shall we? Opinions have been said, let's leave it at that. 3nodding
I am mellow. Not much on the internet can rile me up.  

Leyla Giselle

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:45 am
Leyla Giselle
Angelic Muse

Alright. All I was saying was we should move on from the topic. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:49 am
Angelic Muse
Leyla Giselle
Angelic Muse

Alright. All I was saying was we should move on from the topic. 3nodding
Well I had missed most of it due to a small hiatus. I had read back when I saw the new art topic on the main page, I just had to put in my two cents on it  

Leyla Giselle

FogSage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:11 am
Leyla Giselle

You can't get anything if all you do is harbor disrespect and cynicism. All you do is look at everything as half empty. You'd rather wallow in your sorrow then stand proud and keep fighting. You'd rather lie down and get kicked, then fight back. You'd rather be the coward than the warrior. Your problem is that you view everything in negativity rather than take it as it is and try to make it better.

After a while of living the way I do, you tend to get used to seeing the world as a miserable place, filled with wretched people, violence, and hatred. There are good parts to life, I'll admit it, but the cons far outweigh the pros. Everyone tells me that a single moment of happiness can outweigh a dozen bad experiences, but I personally feel that's bullshit.

I view the world as it is. I dare anyone to defy that the world has problems.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:24 am
I do not think anyone would ever argue that the world is a perfect place, it is far from it, but would anyone really want it to be? What is joy without sorrow, pleasure without pain?

I cannot say if the good or the bad out way one or the other because I believe we all see the world differently. Some focus more on the good while others on the bad, what is to be avoided is being blinded to the existence of either.

All any of us can really do is either cling onto hope and rise above all the strife in the world or wallow in despair and be dragged down into the darkness. You do not have to allow it to consume you, if you choose it to not be so.

Selene Aries

Leyla Giselle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:00 pm
FogSage
Leyla Giselle

After a while of living the way I do, you tend to get used to seeing the world as a miserable place, filled with wretched people, violence, and hatred. There are good parts to life, I'll admit it, but the cons far outweigh the pros. Everyone tells me that a single moment of happiness can outweigh a dozen bad experiences, but I personally feel that's bullshit.

I view the world as it is. I dare anyone to defy that the world has problems.
The world has problems, but it is NOT a complete and utter shithole. I've had my share of shitty a** times and depression, but I can still move forward because I have my b/f and my daughter and my art. I still try to be something with my art. If all you see is shittiness, you'll NEVER be able to make something of yourself. You have to see that not everything and everyone is a piece of s**t  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:09 pm
Ugh, my dog hurled on my bed...so now I must wash my comforter and sheets in hot water, clean my carpet throughly, and take a shower. gonk  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Angelic Muse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:23 pm
shoki_de_nai
Ugh, my dog hurled on my bed...so now I must wash my comforter and sheets in hot water, clean my carpet throughly, and take a shower. gonk

*scrunches her nose* Ewwww. whee

Good luck with that.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 735 736 737 738 739 740 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games