Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:34 pm
FogSage
Leyla Giselle
FogSage
Leyla Giselle

You can't get anything if all you do is harbor disrespect and cynicism. All you do is look at everything as half empty. You'd rather wallow in your sorrow then stand proud and keep fighting. You'd rather lie down and get kicked, then fight back. You'd rather be the coward than the warrior. Your problem is that you view everything in negativity rather than take it as it is and try to make it better.

After a while of living the way I do, you tend to get used to seeing the world as a miserable place, filled with wretched people, violence, and hatred. There are good parts to life, I'll admit it, but the cons far outweigh the pros. Everyone tells me that a single moment of happiness can outweigh a dozen bad experiences, but I personally feel that's bullshit.

I view the world as it is. I dare anyone to defy that the world has problems.
The world has problems, but it is NOT a complete and utter shithole. I've had my share of shitty a** times and depression, but I can still move forward because I have my b/f and my daughter and my art. I still try to be something with my art. If all you see is shittiness, you'll NEVER be able to make something of yourself. You have to see that not everything and everyone is a piece of s**t

You may as well ask me to move mountains. I've invested far too much into being a pessimist to budge an inch on this.

I have no reason to believe what you say. I have much reason to think the world is a piece of s**t, filled with shitty people. Happiness is fleeting, and cannot outdo the misery of life.

I will make something of myself, despite myself, my life, the world I live in, and everyone else being s**t. After I work for enough time to save up for a coffin, I'll be all set for retirement and the slow descent into madness as I await sweet sweet death, provided that I'm not dead by then from obesity or God knows what else, a piano falling on me or something.

Sometimes I wonder if the Fogsage is just a troll.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:47 pm
FogSage is an ordinary guy who bears his crosses a little less gracefully than some other people. That's all. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that the last few weeks were remarkably tough to get through for him.  

Shaviv

FogSage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:56 pm
Shaviv
FogSage is an ordinary guy who bears his crosses a little less gracefully than some other people. That's all. He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would guess that the last few weeks were remarkably tough to get through for him.

Not a bad analysis of the situation at hand. >>  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:04 pm
If anyone was wondering, I deleted the Erotic Urinal thread. I figured if I just deleted the link to the blog it would have rendered the entire thread a moot point, and I couldn't leave it. Sorry domokun  

Af Mas

Crenn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:37 pm
I've just had 200GB of data go poof. One of my hard drives failed.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:42 pm
Crenn

Did you back it up? Did you lose anything really important?  

Af Mas

Katzekinder

Worthy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:32 am
I have a feeling that I don't mean as much to Dan as he does to me.

...I REALLY don't need this. Not right now.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:31 am
Af Mas
Crenn

Did you back it up? Did you lose anything really important?

Some of it is minor which I can get back, other stuff I couldn't get back as it was personal stuff.

With a bit of help, I've got the majority of it recovered.  

Crenn

Shaviv

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:46 am
Af Mas
Does anyone know how to make Tables in APA style? Also, does anyone know how to interpret statistics? ;-; Particularly statistics involving a chi-square and a 2-way ANOVA?

I doubt it D:

I have some idea, but can I ask why you're trying to do this without a background in statistics? I mean...

...before I was allowed to do any research, or required to write statistical papers, I had to take 830:200, the psychology course designed to teach students how to do statistics.

Anyway, I always just use SPSS.

Is this school-related?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:09 am
Shaviv
Af Mas
Does anyone know how to make Tables in APA style? Also, does anyone know how to interpret statistics? ;-; Particularly statistics involving a chi-square and a 2-way ANOVA?

I doubt it D:

I have some idea, but can I ask why you're trying to do this without a background in statistics? I mean...

...before I was allowed to do any research, or required to write statistical papers, I had to take 830:200, the psychology course designed to teach students how to do statistics.

Anyway, I always just use SPSS.

Is this school-related?

Yes. I was using SPSS. The problem with SPSS is that the tables it makes aren't in the APA style, which is what I'm trying to write  

Af Mas

Ventarra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:52 pm
Wow, I'm sorry to have caused so much fuss with my topic yesterday. sweatdrop I didn't expect it to turn into a big issue and I only made the second post asking about it because I didn't know what had happened or why, and I didn't think to check the Sallies thread for deletion notices. redface

I have no hard feelings towards anyone, I just didn't know what was going on. As far as I knew the post was okayed, but I understand why it was removed anyway. I really didn't think much about it when I made the post, but attempted to find out if it was all right afterwards because I didn't know. Now I do, I'll be more careful. Sorry. redface  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:48 pm
I have a program which can properly recover the last of the data on the drive... only problem is it's estimated that it will finish...... in 66 days.  

Crenn

Af Mas

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:49 pm
I'm so close to finishing my Senior Research paper ;-; The intro is taking forever  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:07 pm
I want to scream right now. scream

Our contact within City Software called me today and told me that someone would arrive tomorrow to pick up the package (containing the broken toner cartridge). I told my mother this and she started yelling at me because apparently she's already picked up one. I have no clue what is going on because I was not assigned to handle this issue when it occurred. The only one who knows everything is my father! And he's in england asleep currently!  

Crenn

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:10 pm
Yah, this is an advance warning I might be a little pissy/emotional for a while, if I am on Gaia at all in the next couple days. Tomorrow I'm going to go out with my dad to have my mom's Quarter Horse, Silk, put down. For the last few months he has been struggling with an abscess to his foot, and in the end it was too much for him. At this point he is completely lame (the bone in his foot rotated) and it would take years for him to possibly recover. There is no way we can ask Silk to go through all that pain when we know there is no telling if he would recover enough to even walk without pain.

At this point, he is ready and my mom saw it and has made the difficult choice to release him from his suffering. She said her goodbye's tonight since she isn't sure if she will have the strength to go tomorrow to be their when they put him down. I'll be going in her place along with my dad who honestly probably shouldn't go either since these things are really hard on him. I guess I've lost so many animals over the years that I've learned how to cope with these situations and not focus on the animals last breath and how they look when their dead, but on making the passing as nice as it can be for them.

Anyways, just thought I should let everyone know in advance why I won't be in the best of moods for a while.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 737 738 739 740 741 742 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games