Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:55 am
ricewings99

((Please do not post in the sorting thread once it is closed for the school year. If you have a student that isn't sorted, then wait for the August-September year. Thank you.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 am
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped in front of the hall. Setting a stool and the Sorting hat in front of the crowd of first years and students. He unrolled the parchment and read off the first name.

(( Please include your character's personality in your post. ))

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:56 am
Veronica Kiss
[UNSORTED]
House: Unsorted
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 11
Year at Hogwarts: 1st year

Wonder what house I'll get?

User Image
Ronna took a deep breath as the door to the Great Hall opened. She smiled with excitement and was glad she had read enough books to get caught up with some facts about the world she was embarking into. The fact a hat sat on the stool would have surprised her. Honestly, when she first read a hat sorted the students she thought the books were joking. She had to read it in two other books before she realized it was an established fact that the houses students were in was determined by an enchanted hat.

When her name was called, Veronica Kiss stepped forward trying to clear her mind of the boat ride over or her excitement at finally about to officially belong to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizarding by being sorted into a house. Well, Mr. Hat, let's see where you think I'd do best, She thought sitting down on the stool and confidently relayed her personality:

mc2
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm stubborn, have a bit of a temper, and refuse to bend on my beliefs. I also am very rash and unafraid to confront something that bothers me. I suppose they also say I'm loyal and once they get to know me realize I am a hair shy though I am told I hide it quite well. I was always getting into fights as a kid standing up for what I thought was right, though I would like to say that I grew out of that stage (mostly).

Doing: waiting to be sorted
In Company of: those in the Great Hall
[Wearing:plain black school robes]

{ }

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:18 am
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house ______ ___________ Eleven Years Old
First Year

Sorting Hat

User Image

Somewhere along the way, he’d lost the crowd he had found himself in line with since their voyage over the boats. He was, undecided, for not, when it came to how he felt about this castle and the children it inhabited. The professors, on the other hand, well—if they look anything like the Keeper of Key, he was surely destined to pass every class with flying colors. (It’s a wonder what a pretty face can make a young boy do.) When it was his turn, he straightened his already poised posture and glided dutifully with long strides, longer than what his short legs seemed capable of. Alrigh’ hat, lets see which comrades you’ll put me with… Don’t screw me hat.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm self-centered. I don’t do anything without thinking of how it’ll benefit me first. They say I’m haughty and selfish, I say they’re just jealous. I don’t mean to be rude, well, maybe I do sometimes, but, it’s just too hard not too. I speak my mind when I know I won’t get in trouble, and if I ever think an adult is watching me, I morph into the perfect little angel. It’s brilliant really. They also say I’m competitive, too competitive, whatever that means. But they don’t understand; I’m a Kamenev, I yield to no one.

We’re never who we say we are.

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________
You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Amadeli

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:30 am
Eleanora McKenny
Unsorted First Year

Nora pursed her mouth tightly as anticipation grew in her gut. She shuffled along with the rest of the other students, just as eager to know her place as the next. She tried to make eye contact with her aunt, but Nora knew she was too far away. Hopefully her red hair would give away her location to her, so at least one person would be as anxious as she was. With large eyes, she scanned the seated students nearby. They all looked so...important! She couldn't help but wonder if she would eventually look like that as well. As her name was read, she politely shoved her way up to the front, biting her lip all the while. 'Well, it's too late to leave without embarrassing myself...!' she reasoned, and climbed the steps quickly, pattering up to the stool and wanting to just know already!

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm an observer. I tend to judge people before I know them. I'm also somewhat soft spoken, which can be mistaken for shy or unsociable. I have a sharp tongue, and a talent for sarcasm and witty remarks. I love a good joke, and always play by the rules. Ignorance is my weakness - I always feel as though other people know more than I do. I know I should push myself outside my comfort zone, but maybe later. I don't really like to talk very much - I'll use short sentences most of the time.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:20 am
User Image

User Image

Xavier had passed his time on the journey just ignoring everyone else. He refused to get into the argument about blood status because seriously? You're going to have a conniption fit about how someone was born? He rolled his eyes. That was childish.

He stepped into the Great hall, looking around. Bradley was around here somewhere, right? When he heard his name get called, He stepped up. Sitting down, all he could think was, Well, where am I going?

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm kinda aloof and a thinker. I tend to try and think things through before I do things, which puts me at odds at times with my more excitable sister, Andonae'. I also like to keep things in order, and dislike it when people mess it up. I guess that makes me an overly organized individual. I think that makes me prepared for when things go wrong. They always do, anyway.

--------------------------------------
State: Being Sorted
OOC: ...
--------------------------------------

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:32 am
User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

When Jer's name was called, he scowled a bit. Seriously, maybe he ought to look into changing it. He didn't care about his name that much. That was the name the orphanage stuck him with. Sitting down, he waved at the various tables, knowing that Steffi or Cain or Bree were probably watching. Hey, they had managed to stick together, and he doubted that being in another house would change that.

However, when the hat descended on his head, he blinked. The heck? What kind of ratty thing was this? It was supposed to look into his head? Great, so no secrets? Ruddy hell, he really didn't like that, so he decided that he was going to give it to the hat straight.
"Oi, ya ragged bi' o' cloth, ya bett'r no' be tellin' any o' my secrets. Oth'rwise I'm gonna use ya as a polishin' rag."

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm snarky and sarcastic, but I love to put on a show. I have no problems with getting people's attention when I need to, and I love to entertain.

-------------------------------------------
State: Being Sorted
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------------

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:08 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio walked into the Sorting, awaiting his fate; although, he might have an idea of where he would be placed. He hopefully would be placed in his father's house, but who knows what lies beyond.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm sarcastic like no other. I am mean, cold-hearted. Sounds like the good old elitist right? I am quite arrogant too. AT least, my mom is always telling me that. Despite this, I am intelligent. Not the overall genius, but I am very resourceful, very ambitious, and very driven. I am also very level headed and I am always calm. Unlike my quick triggered Slytherin father and brother, I am much more like my mom in that respect.

To the ones I love however, I am extremely protective, but to the one's I only know, I do not care about them. I do not care about anyone that isn't close to me. Their lives, their well-being, none of it. It is weird, but it's like they could be gone and I still wouldn't care. It's the sad unfortunate truth, but that's the way it is in my eyes.

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 am
User ImageUser Image

Ӻɨɍȿҭ ϒєȧяȖȵșσɾȶҿȡӍʯɠʛɫεҍѻʀлϩɩɳɡʃҙ
Erica stepped slowly into Great Hall in awe. The inside of the castle was almost more impressive than the outside. She couldn't believe that in just a few moments she would be sorted. For the next seven years of her life she would be with the people she would meet here, she only hoped she'd be able to find friends here, if the boat ride over was any indication things looked good. When her named was called her heart nearly stopped. It was time. She stepped up to the stool and sat down, ever keeping her eyes on the hat. She couldn't believe that a piece of talking fabric was deciding her fate but according to everyone it knew, and quite well at that. She certainly hoped so.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quiet. I mostly keep to myself and have my nose in a book. I have also been called silently smart. Apparently I am smarter than most people but people are still shocked when I speak up with what I know. I'm just fine with talking to people if they are just quiet and let me. I enjoying having fun but won't really go in search of it, I also will always stand by a friend.

{OoC: }

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am
User Image
Emperors and kings are but obeyed in their several provinces,
but his dominion that exceeds in this...
... stretcheth as far as doth the mind of man.
A sound magician is a demigod.

ɀanderɢarcia
First Year // Unsorted // Ready // Great Hall - Sorting Hat

Though thou hast now offended like a man, Do not persever in it like a devil.

Upon hearing his name called, Zander crossed the hall with a certain calmness in his stride. He gazed into the crowd, attempting to catch a glimpse of Rui at the Slytherin Table, but he couldn't quite find her and didn't want to stop half-way in an attempt to do so. Once at the stool, Zander waited for the hat to be placed on his head so his fate for the next seven years could be sorted.
~~~

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quite mature for my age. I was always the odd one in school that kids never liked to play with, but if truth be told I know they were well beneath me in every possible way, and I wouldn't have gotten along with them either, the poor magicless sods. Being born into a magical family has its perks, and I pity the muggle children who have to live their repetitive, meaningless lives in the filthy little shacks they call home. Though I must admit, Squibs are even worse than muggles. Utterly useless, and a real burden to the family, it's absolutely unacceptable. Some of my relatives say I'm quite cocky when it comes to magic, but it's in my blood. I see no reason to hide my talent, and if others are dissatisfied it is merely because they are jealous, or so my father would say.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

X__ew__X

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:14 am
~Camilla Jensen~
User Image
:
__single__UNSORTED__first year__pureblood//
:
:
:
:

Camilla had heard her name called and smirked with anticipation. She had be so worked up about getting to this moment. She was finally going to be sorted into her true house. Not having to be scrutinized by her overbearing pureblood parents and just be who she really was. Camilla sat on the stool with decent posture and awaited as the sorting hat was placed atop her head.

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm a lot to handle. I am very sarcastic and really don't think about if I hurt your feelings or not. I just say whatever comes to mind and don't really care about the repercussions. I am brutally honest. Some welcome it, and others are repelled by it. When you get past that, I can be very down to earth and laid back. I'm a bit lazy to say the least. I do enjoy making friends, honestly. It's just a bit hard when most of them can't handle my robust comments. Because of this, I've gained a 'don't care' attitude. I go for what I want and then brush off the pain if I miss. Seriously though, when I gain someone as a friend, I protect them to the bitter end. I think I do that because I don't gain many often, so I hold on to the ones I do get.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:17 am
User Image
And you can tell everybody, this is your song,
It may be quite simple but, now that it's done...

... I hope you don't mind ....

... I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is while you're in the world

ιяαηđα αusт
1st Year [x] Unsorted Beyond Excited/Amazed Great Hall With Other First Years

`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´`.¸¸.´´¯`••.¸¸.´´¯`´

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.

After getting her first taste of real magic up close, Miranda didn't know what to do with her life anymore. The thought that soon, she'd be able to do something like that was insane, and for the first time in her life, she was actually really excited for school. Miranda made up the back of the pack as they were led into the Antechamber, and when she heard her name being called, the girl smiled, stepping in without a care in the world - after all, she had already managed to embarrass herself in front of the first years and the Keeper of the Keys, who Miranda could see was already seated at the staff table. The woman seemed friendly enough even after her fall, hopefully that meant she didn't leave too much of a bitter impression for the woman. As she took a seat upon the stool and the hat was placed on her head, Miranda waited for her results.

˙ʇsǝ sɐʇsǝʇod ɐıʇuǝıɔs ɐsdı ʇǝ ɯɐ

Quote:
People say that, in a nutshell, I'm quirky, bold and outspoken. My friends tend to see me as a risk taker, though in truth I'm really just independent and know that it's my own actions and reactions that make who I am. In that aspect, I guess you could say I'm pretty insightful and I have my life pretty much together but the reality of that is I'm still growing up and I'll always make mistakes, but I'll cherish the scars and bruises I get along the way to finding myself and never look back and regret what I've done. I'm studious when I need to be and can easily pull off high marks if I apply myself, which probably stems from my natural ability to memorize, recall and apply vast amounts of information. After all, my parents did enroll me in a gifted children's program from my early to primary years, and the teachers were always complimenting me. My talents came in handy even in classrooms, where I'd be quick to answer a question if I knew it. Yet I view life as something that needs to be lived and not wasted on constantly worrying about one's grades and their future, so I'll always set time aside to relax and enjoy what's going on around me. Though I do appreciate being around friends, I find the greatest of joy whilst I'm alone reading, writing and drawing, where my creative side is allowed to flourish.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:35 am
Mama told me not to waste my life
She said spread your wings my little butterfly
Don't let what they say keep you up at night
And if they give you trouble
Then they can walk on by
My feet, feet can't touch the ground
And I can't hear a sound
But you just keep on running up your mouth yeah
Walk, walk on over there
'Cause I'm too fly to care, oh yeah

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood ~ First Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: nervous} {thinking: oh my gosh...} {with: Sorting Hat } {at: Great Hall}

Jess gave a nervous little twitch when her name was called. She forced herself to beam happily as she marched up, but her wide eyes betrayed her nerves. Just before reaching the Hat, she glanced back at twin. Toby was staring directly at her, and he gave her a small, jerky nod of encouragement. She took a deep breath and sat on the stool.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm obnoxious, competitive, social, and a loudmouth. I guess I can be sort of overbearing at times. But I can't help it if you can't handle my mere presence! I will admit that I'm super competitive. At like, everything. I just always want to win. I know I can't be good at everything, but I can at least fake it, right? And if I don't win? Actually, I don't really get upset. There's always next time, right? I never give up, anyways. My family says I'm a little social butterfly. I resent the "little" part of that, but it's true! I like people in general, and I'm the type who wants to have a lot of friends. So what if my personality can be a little annoying? You know you love me! As for me being a loudmouth... OK, so maybe my vocal cords are a little bit more exercised than most, but it's not like I'm constantly screaming. THIS IS SCREAMING! You can uncover your ears now. Most of all, I just always want to stand out. I want to be different, not just another one of the "Walsh kids", you know. It's just hard sometimes, especially being a twin.

It doesn't matter if I fall from the sky.

Your words don't mean a thing
I'm not listening
Keep talking, all I know is
Mama told me not to waste my life,
She said spread your wings my little butterfly
Don't let what they say keep you up at night
And they can't detain you
'Cause wings are made to fly
And we don't let nobody bring us down
No matter what you say – it won't hurt me

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games